It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Hurricane Dean..UPDATES

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising
reply to post by Pellevoisin

That is exactly what i'm talking about! "they" leave footprints of manipulation don't they? I'm curious to see if anyone has spotted any fake looking hot spots in front of the storms path???

Darkheart, this is the only post that I seen you make and it really didnt go into to much details, so I really dont understand why you would think that I am ignoring you. However, i have been devoting to most of my time these past 2 days to this storm so perhaps I did miss a post or two of yours.
If you made more posts directed at me, regarding weather manipulation then please point those out so I can try to read them while I have time. If you are referring to past posts made by you then yes I most likely did miss them because prior to this thread I have never seen you or any of your posts

Anyway, I am trying not to go offtopic to much in this guys thread, dont wanna get the mods looking over my shoulder

Back to the storm. Like I said before these things are how I make a living, well about 80% of it anyway, sadly enough for the people effected by them, that side of me has to want a landfall somewhere in the US.
For the past couple of days and for the next few days, I split my time between preparing to #1 leave the state #2 preparing my home in case it is my City that gets hit and #3 monitoring the status of the storm on the internet and the weather channel to try and determine what city and state that I may be possibly living at for the next few months.
If it does hit my home in Corpus then I will be cleaning up, waiting in gas lines and working at the same time.. assuming that my home doesnt get blown away lol..
The one computer model, GFDL, is still holding on to its prediction of a South Central Texas landfall, which is just about where I am..
Luck to all, I hope that I dont have to write up a total loss claim on any of my ATS colleagues

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hurricane Dean is over 200 miles away from us her at Aruba today, but there were still visible effects. The tradewinds changed direction and the sea became very rough.

Check out this video from this morning. I've heard it's going to be even rougher tomorrow, so I might check it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by darkheartrising

Thank you for the link to that thread. I believe there is much more than HAARP going on, but HAARP can turn atmosphere to plasma and it certainly can do a number on oceans.

Dr. Rosalie Bertell is one of the best sources on information on the subject of using Nature as weaponry.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 18-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

Apologies for veering off topic.
Pellevoisin

[edit on 18/8/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

I will be praying for you in Corpus as well as everyone on the Texas coastline. If I recall Corpus has more military assets than Houston-Galveston. I think those driving the weaponry are looking more to do economic, petrochemical harm to the USA than targeting military bases.

From what I understand of the technology, they cannot create a hurricane but the sun spot cycle and heat riding of the Sahara into the Atlantic provides plenty of storms ready to be 'dialed up' or driven. So the 1st step is a predictable natural cycle. There is a book by Dr. Rosalie Bertell on using the Planet Earth as the latest weapon of war.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 18-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 18/8/07 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Check out the models now, even the GFDL has trended south.

www.wunderground.com...

Looks like it is gonna skirt south of Jamaica, bad news for people there. That NW quadrant is the worst.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here is Dean...

Photo: NASA/Reuters

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Wow, nice image of Dean you found Hellmutt

Yea, we have a Naval Air Station here, (Naval Aviator Training) and across the bridge we have a minesweeper base, which is due for closure pretty soon.
We also have a Valero Petrol Refinery and a Citgo Refinery as well. The there is the Port Aransas Ship Channel, which allows ships to enter the Port of Corpus Christi.
However, since 911 it seems that the city has been more worried about the Harbor Bay Bridge than anything else, its a fairly large (tall) bridge crossing Corpus Christi Bay.
No biggie though, i dont fall for all the false terror alerts and bs color coded terror levels.

Anywho, the 8 pm update on Dean shows that the pressure has dropped down to its lowest point yet, 920 mb but its wind speed is a consistent 150 mph with gusts to about 185 mph.

The computer have been updated now and they are, for me, a little bit disappointing because they all have them going into Mexico. Of course, as ive said before, it is impossible to predict these things so far in advance so I am really not all that worried.
gotta go for a while, cooking some red snapper and grouper that we caught offshore a couple of weeks ago..
peace

Here is an image of the hurricane hunter plane over Dean today

j/k of course, its just a joke so nobody start yelling at me that its fake, its photoshopped

[edit on 8/18/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
With respect, a 'gray' at the eye.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Originally posted by DearWife
I've been trying to find some online radio stations for Jamaica for some news on Hurricane Dean but they were only talking about ganja weed earlier...now it's just music.

Power 106 FM

I have been monitoring this station throughout the day (pleasant music, had to enjoy a few tropical drinks),

The broadcast now is mainly pertaining to emergency prep,, evacuation notices, shelters, and alot of information on sterilizing water, curfews, US embassy consulate closed MON & TUE etc. etc.

Thanks again for providing the link DearWife

Your welcome. Yea, I got it on too. The broadcaster mentioned at 9:00pm the prime minister is going to address the nation. Weather underground was mentioned also...so at least the station is updated on the information. Now they are talking about protection from mosquitoes.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by DearWife]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neighbor
With respect, a 'gray' at the eye.

Could that be the much vaunted Eye of God?

(to any mods, dont hit me for the short post *cowers* )

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
*clears throat*
Could we please stick to updates on the hurricane in this thread?
Perhaps what can be seen in the clouds should be discussed in another thread.

Thanks, guys.
I'd hate for this thread to get derailed.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's an interactive map of Hurricane Dean and the Gulf infrastructure.

RIGZONE GOMExplorer Hurricane Dean

edit to add:
The first time you visit that page, it asks for your name and email. It's free, I got instant access and nothing was sent to my email (yet, anyway)

[edit on 2007/8/18 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is the 1100 PM EDT National Hurricane Center update:
Hurricane DEAN Forecast Discussion

WTNT44 KNHC 190259
TCDAT4
HURRICANE DEAN DISCUSSION NUMBER 24
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL042007
1100 PM EDT SAT AUG 18 2007

THE INNER CORE OF DEAN APPEARS TO BE UNDERGOING SOME CHANGES. RADAR
IMAGERY ONBOARD THE AIR FORCE RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT DEPICTS
CONCENTRIC EYEWALLS AT RADII OF ABOUT 10 AND 20 N MI...WITH THE
OUTER EYEWALL RECENTLY BECOMING A LITTLE BETTER DEFINED.
FLIGHT-LEVEL WINDS HAVE ALSO REVEALED DOUBLE MAXIMA. WIND DATA AT
FLIGHT LEVEL...FROM THE SFMR...AND FROM DROPSONDES DIRECTLY SUPPORT
AN INTENSITY OF NO MORE THAN ABOUT 115 KT. THE CENTRAL
PRESSURE...HOWEVER...HAS BEEN GRADUALLY DROPPING AND WAS MOST
RECENTLY MEASURED AT 918 MB. ASSUMING THAT THE MAXIMUM WIND HAS
NOT BEEN SAMPLED...THE ADVISORY INTENSITY IS SET TO 125 KT...BUT
THIS COULD BE A BIT ON THE HIGH SIDE. THE AIRCRAFT WILL CONTINUE
TO INVESTIGATE DEAN FOR A FEW MORE HOURS TO SEE IF THE WINDS COME
BACK UP.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As the storm approaches Jamaica, in the US Louisiana is in a state of emergency, and now President Bush has signed a declaration clearing the way for federal response should Dean hit Texas:

Bush Moves on Hurricane Dean

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP) -- President Bush, who was criticized for a slow federal response to Hurricane Katrina, has taken a pre-emptive strike against Hurricane Dean.

Bush has signed a pre-landfall disaster declaration for Texas. It allows the federal government to move in people, equipment and supplies immediately in case Hurricane Dean hits the state.

The president signed the declaration at his Crawford ranch, where he received two briefings on the hurricane.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It looks pretty certain that this will be almost exclusively a Jamaica and Mexico storm in terms of damage. I'm glad it looks like it will miss the U.S., but I feel sorry for those people. Most of them are probably far less able to deal with it.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It looks pretty certain that this will be almost exclusively a Jamaica and Mexico storm in terms of damage. I'm glad it looks like it will miss the U.S., but I feel sorry for those people. Most of them are probably far less able to deal with it.

Honestly it is way to early and the storm is way to far from the mainland US to really know for sure if we're out of danger from Dean, although you are probably right, even the models are carrying the storm way south of the border.
The computer models have changed dramatically every time they've updated over the past two days.
I really dont think they can accurately predict landfall, until after he passes the Yucatan and gets into he Gulf, if he does at all.
As of the 11 pm update, Dean has dropped 5 mph winds speed, while at the same time the pressure dropped another couple of millibars, which is usually a sign of strengthening.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Honestly it is way to early and the storm is way to far from the mainland US to really know for sure if we're out of danger from Dean

Yeah I know, but it's pretty amazing how much all of the models are in agreement now.

Of course they could all be wrong.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The SHIPS model is forecasting an intensity of 163 kts which is nearly 190mph. Unfortunately GFDL is forecasting 173kts which would report as 200mph. Of course I don't buy either one of those reports. But we shall see soon enough how close they are. The storm is slowly moving over warmer waters.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
2AM EDT NHC NOAA update :

at 200 am ast...0600z...the eye of hurricane dean was located
near latitude 16.4 north...longitude 72.6 west or about 295 miles...
480 km...east-southeast of kingston jamaica and about 155 miles...
245 km...south of port au prince haiti.

dean is moving toward the west-northwest near 17 mph...28
km/hr...and a west-northwestward or westward motion is expected
during the next 24 hours. on this track...the core of the
hurricane will pass just south of the southern coast of haiti over
the next several hours and will be near jamaica later today.

maximum sustained winds are near 145 mph...230 km/hr...with higher
gusts. dean is an extremely dangerous category four hurricane on
the saffir-simpson hurricane scale. some fluctuations in intensity
are possible during the next 24 hours.

hurricane force winds extend outward up to 60 miles...95 km...from
the center...and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 205
miles...335 km.

an air force hurricane hunter plane recently measured a minimum
central pressure of 921 mb...27.20 inches.

coastal storm surge flooding of 7 to 9 feet above normal tide
levels...along with large and dangerous battering waves...is
possible near the center of dean within the hurricane warning area.

storm total rainfall amounts of 5 to 10 inches can be expected over
jamaica...with maximum amounts of up to 20 inches. amounts
of 4 to 6 inches are possible over southern hispaniola with maximum
totals of 10 inches. the remainder of hispaniola and eastern cuba
could receive 2 to 4 inches of rain...with maximum amounts up to 7
inches. these rains could cause life-threatening flash floods and
mudslides.

repeating the 200 am ast position...16.4 n...72.6 w. movement
toward...west-northwest near 17 mph. maximum sustained winds...145
mph. minimum central pressure...921 mb.

the next advisory will be issued by the national hurricane center at

National Hurricane Center