It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Hurricane Dean..UPDATES

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Typhoon Sepat is making it horrible for those in and around the Philippines. Here is the latest info.

visz.rsoe.hu...

Although this is pretty much the norm at this time of year do you suppose that the hurricane Dean will give added strength to this already dangerous situation in the Philippines?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One thing about the models right now is that they don't seem to be doing too well with that upper level low. GFDL I think has been the most consistent with it but the rest have been all over the board. GFS has been absolutely horrible. When it comes to the forecast with this storm I am pretty much ignoring GFS. Until it proves it can handle any kind of forecast I think of it as a software routine that generates random forecast maps.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Here is something of importance in my opinion. Please excuse a couple of glitches in the loop.

Water Vapor Loop

Please not the anticyclonic feature just west of Tampa. It seems to be digging further south and may have an impact on this storm. Unless something changes Dean will start to interact with it and will get pulled north more. It may not be enough to pull it across Cuba but it may be enough to pull it north of the Yucatan. I think this feature is small enough to get missed by the models but large enough to bump the storm off course. Please keep an eye on this.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Typhoon Sepat is making it horrible for those in and around the Philippines. Here is the latest info.

visz.rsoe.hu...

Although this is pretty much the norm at this time of year do you suppose that the hurricane Dean will give added strength to this already dangerous situation in the Philippines?

Im not sure what you mean antar

These two storms are on completely opposite sides of the world. They will have no effect on one another.
Sepat has already crossed over Taiwan, so besides them the only other country that is being affected by Sepat is China and they are taking a beating.
As advanced as some of the cities in China are, most of the country is still considered to be third world like, floods and mudslides will probably cause many problems for Chinese farmers and peasants.

Even though we have tons of technology to track these storms, we are still at the mercy of mother nature and her unpredictability.
When storms are as far out from the US mainland as Dean is, its hard to predict what region the storm will hit, much less what State.
They usually have no idea where they will hit until at least 2 days prior to landfall.
I remember some storms heading directly for a city, then doing loops and end up hitting an entirely different state

Here is a recent IR image of Dean.. Beautiful storm, almost perfect symmetry

Indy; if that system were to pull Dean just enough North to skirt the Yucatan, then that would really be an ideal situation for the storm. Missing the central part of the Yucatan and its mountains would allow the storm to keep most of its energy as it entered the Gulf.
This would cause an even stronger impact on whatever state that Dean ends up hitting.

[edit on 8/18/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I have a gut opinion (defintely not based on computer models) that Dean is going to be steered by 'them wot's got the tech' thereby making it possible that the target will be Galveston-Houston.

A strike their would cripple petro-chemical business with who knows what kind of damage to the plants and refineries in Texas City and Freeport...

Strange things happen as Storms pass between the Yucutan and Cuba. I pray to be very, very wrong about my hunch on this.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I have a gut opinion (defintely not based on computer models) that Dean is going to be steered by 'them wot's got the tech' thereby making it possible that the target will be Galveston-Houston.

Are you implying some sort of weather manipulation will take place which will send Dean into Houston are to further damage our petroleum infrastructure as part of some kind of conspiracy?
I'm not mocking, just curious. This isn't the first time that I've heard of this and I'm sure it wont be the last.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

That is exactly what i'm talking about! "they" leave footprints of manipulation don't they? I'm curious to see if anyone has spotted any fake looking hot spots in front of the storms path???

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here is a report from Jamaica detatiling the warning issued for the island:

Hurricane Alert: Hurricane Dean closes in on Jamaica

A hurricane warning remains in effect for Jamaica as dangerous Hurricane Dean continues on a path towards the island.

This means that the following dangerous effects of a hurricane are expected to affect Jamaica in 24 hours or less:

The report goes on to say that the next bulletin will be issued at 5PM today.

Thanks to the member who posted the internet radio streaming from Jamaica.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Yes, I believe the weather manipulation tech is out there, and I believe that Katrina showed evidence of weather manipulation from several sources. I think Dean may be likewise manipulated to further weaken the USA.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I went and checked out a 40 frame animation of the Caribbean. For the first 20 frames I could see a solid west movement of the storm. In frames 20 to 30 the movement was slightly north of west. In frames 30 to 40 the deviation from west was more pronounced. I'll keep a close eye on this to see if the storm's path flattens out more or if it keeps on this newer path. I think this change in course is due to an interaction with the low off of Tampa.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here is a satellite archive I had in my favorites. It shows 96 frames at a time. I can't link directly so you'll have to click on different Atlantic images:
Satellite Products

This is GOES Project Science which shows images and movies on a true-color map.

To view the movies you'll need Quicktime:
Latest GOES Movie

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indy

And that interaction with the activity around Tampa would make the storm behave much like the GFDL model?
www.wunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Yes, I believe the weather manipulation tech is out there, and I believe that Katrina showed evidence of weather manipulation from several sources. I think Dean may be likewise manipulated to further weaken the USA.

I also believe it does exist on a far larger scale than what was admitted to long ago, cloud seeding and all of the variations of that technique.
I've heard, I'm sure you have to, the theories that HAARP is somehow used to manipulate the climate and create other atmospheric phenomena but I dont see how it could be used to create a weather system like a hurricane and steer it to.

I am also aware of people claiming that some chemtrails are used for weather manipulation.
Without going to much into detail, so we dont completely derail the OP's thread, what is your opinion on how "they" actually go about creating and then controlling a hurricane?
If you got any links on weather manipulation, would you mind sending me a U2U with some of them?
I have quite a few but theyre buried deeeep down in my bookmarks but I still have bookmarks that go back quite a few years that I havent seen in as many years

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No doubt that gas prices will get affected. Reguardless of where it hits, some offshore platforms will have to evacuate. That means complete shutdown of the rig.

As for Galveston and Freeport, all plants in the area are now preparing for the hurricane. The plant I work at will start shutdown activities Monday night, it will take us two days to secure the plant and empty the columns and stills into the storage tanks. Most plants are waiting until Sunday night or Monday to call for the implement of shutting the units down.

We will probably see a increase in gas prices even if we dont get hit.

The official word on the local stations are Galveston will issue the evacuation warning on Monday if a probable hit is coming. This will mean that lots of people, not just in Galveston will start leaving.

The last time two years ago was a disaster, It took me and my family 10 hours on I-45 to go from La Marque, Texas to the Little York exit in Houston, this is a 45 minuet drive. We gave up and turned around.

Sunday night will be a better indicator for all of us as to where the strom is heading.

Hope if it is being steered they steer it away from the U.S. coastline.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hey, for anyone interested in seeing a video of Dean from the ISS, check out this link here
Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the links titled "Hurricane Dean Information" and click on your preferred media player,
To me, this view really puts things in a better perspective than the clips from the NHA.
Other than that, there is really nothing else to update on right now, the models really havent changed and the wind speed really hasnt changed.
The only thing worth noting is the slight rise in the pressure but that was probably caused by the system still possibly trying to undergo go an eye wall replacement cycle.
I was really thinking that Dean would already have winds above 165 mph by this afternoon but just like any other hurricane, their unpredictability an stubbornness keeps them doing what they want to do.
No wonder they only had female names for so many years

Now before I get some angry U2U's from some of our wonderful female ATS'rs, I'm really J/K

I think they had women names because they are truly one of the beauties in nature

Just check out the curves on it.. i think its name should be De'anne instead of Dean

The last time two years ago was a disaster, It took me and my family 10 hours on I-45 to go from La Marque, Texas to the Little York exit in Houston, this is a 45 minuet drive. We gave up and turned around.

Wolf: that is one of the main reasons that I didnt evacuate from my hotel room in Abbeville La last year when Rita made landfall.
I had so many pics that I took the morning after Rita hit but I had them all uploaded to my sons game website and one of the kids my son plays WoW with hacked the site and deleted all the files on it

The company I worked for then demanded that I evacuate and the entire county was under an evacuation order but there was no way in hell that I was going to get on the highway to go anywhere. The drive home, to Corpus, wouldve probably taken 20+ hours, normally about a 5-6 hour drive. I am sure that I would have ran out of gas way before getting halfway there and I wasnt about to be stranded in bumper to bumper traffic with no gas in my truck, while a major storm barreled in on me.
Riding out the storm wasnt really that bad, aside from the roof coming off, the only other thing I was worried about was the huge front window crashing in on me.
Aside from the very loud and powerful winds that toppled trees and blew roofs off of the mobile homes right across the street and the flooding rains, the hotel stood up great and the power was only out for exactly 24 hours.
All in all, it was quite an experience and slightly exhilarating.

[edit on 8/18/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
KrOnOs, what I meant was that there is a huge amount of energy being pushed around the globe's oceans, do they create problems for each other? It is not like they are not connected....

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
KrOnOs, what I meant was that there is a huge amount of energy being pushed around the globe's oceans, do they create problems for each other? It is not like they are not connected....

ahh ok, sorry bout that antar.
I dont believe their is any connection to these types of things so far apart but I suppose some people, like the ones that believe in the "butterfly theories" or whatever they call it, when a butterfly flaps its wings in Africa, they believe it affects nature all over the world, the thing that keeps the earths fragile nature balanced out or something like that

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

hey perhaps you missed my posting or you may just have me on ignore but here is the link about the way hurricanes have been manipulated before.
they use HAARP technology to superheat the oceandirectly next to the hurricane in the side which they want it to turn.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm almost hoping this thing comes near where I live. I live in the Florida panhandle and whenever we get a hurricane and decide not to evacuate (e·vac·u·ate–verb an excuse to go on vacation) I go down to a boardwalk and watch the storm come in. It's an amazing sight, except the time I stayed too long and the boardwalk collapsed under me. Got a bit wet that time. Anyways, this is going to be a bad storm, the gulf is REALLY warm, swimming in it is like taking a warm bubble bath, so this thing is just going to get worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DearWife
I've been trying to find some online radio stations for Jamaica for some news on Hurricane Dean but they were only talking about ganja weed earlier...now it's just music.

Power 106 FM

I have been monitoring this station throughout the day (pleasant music, had to enjoy a few tropical drinks),

The broadcast now is mainly pertaining to emergency prep,, evacuation notices, shelters, and alot of information on sterilizing water, curfews, US embassy consulate closed MON & TUE etc. etc.

Thanks again for providing the link DearWife

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join