It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convincing UFO Pic

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by austinthetitan
has any 1 else been realising that UFO sightings hae been happening more and more every month?

What are your bases for saying this?

Check NUFORC's Report Database.

I think we've haven't been having an increase of sightings. Perhaps an increase of awareness of the mainstream media and people in general.

lol good point

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
Here is a clear picture of the UFO above

sorry it looks just like it.

lol it does!

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
Unfortunately I fail to be dissuaded. Glad to know there are no trolls here at good ol' ATS though, whew!

I asked your opinion and you presented it on your post, I disagreed with it and told you why.

I'm seriously failing to see what's your problem and this obsession with trolling.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Do you think that this is a Hoax or a Real Pic?

I have no reason to doubt that at one time it was a "real" picture before you applied your box of crayons to it. And that real picture is of some kind of roughly eliptical blob of a few pixels that could be an alien flying saucer or your Grandma's underpants.

At the moment, I tend to think it may be the latter, however, if you can provide additional evidence to prove that it is the former, please do so.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I think we've haven't been having an increase of sightings. Perhaps an increase of awareness of the mainstream media and people in general.

lol good point

It's the slow summer news time. Nothing much going on, so they fill up the news with a lot of "human interest" stories about UFOs and chickens that can type Shakespeare.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
1nL1ghtened,

As an unpartial observer, it seems to me that danx had politely disagreed with your assertion that a couple of spots on the photo in the OP are necessarily alien wingmen. Then you, 1nL1ghtened, have kept on pushing him and calling him names, even though danx repeatedly said he was "respectfully disagreeing".

If you would stop calling your potential debate partner names, you may actually have a chance to have a debate related to the topic, rather than arguing about trolling.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I know it's not going to be a popular conclusion but I calls em like I sees em.

It's a blimp.

While viewing that page where the OP found the pic I recognized a few blimps, a few birds and a few other known terrestrials. However I did see a couple of very interesting photos and my conclusion is that the pic chosen by the OP was not the best choice in this particular case.

No offense as at least there is an attempt here.

I say keep digging and best of luck!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
1nL1ghtened,

As an unpartial observer, it seems to me that danx had politely disagreed with your assertion that a couple of spots on the photo in the OP are necessarily alien wingmen. Then you, 1nL1ghtened, have kept on pushing him and calling him names, even though danx repeatedly said he was "respectfully disagreeing".

If you would stop calling your potential debate partner names, you may actually have a chance to have a debate related to the topic, rather than arguing about trolling.

Wow, where do I even start with this one....firstly, I never called anyone names.

Please feel free to provide the text in question and I will be happy to clarify it for you.

If you would stop calling your potential debate partner names,

Wow , unless the criteria has changed for being an "impartial observer", I believe adding things (like name calling) to champion your obviously biased opinion, not only renders your observations credibilty factor to nil, it makes it look like you have an agenda other than impartiality. (Sorry I always call it like I see it.)

you may actually have a chance to have a debate related to the topic

Well I am all for a debate as this is a DISCUSSION FORUMS, unfortunatly in order to have a debate a opposing view point or theory must be given. I offered my opinion and theories backed up with research, links,an entire thread started by myself with data and photos describing my findings,(which I'm sure niether one of you bothered to read) I offered material to debate. Mr. danx on the other hand, offered no such material to substantiate his views, and when I invited him to post his views, for debate, he answered, and I quote:

No sir, I don't believe those are 'wingmen' on the photo.

Compelling argument to be sure but hardly material for debate. So my suggestion to you Soyelnt Green is to read the entire thread before tossing your opinion so impartially in.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

Do you think that this is a Hoax or a Real Pic?

I have no reason to doubt that at one time it was a "real" picture before you applied your box of crayons to it. And that real picture is of some kind of roughly eliptical blob of a few pixels that could be an alien flying saucer or your Grandma's underpants.

At the moment, I tend to think it may be the latter, however, if you can provide additional evidence to prove that it is the former, please do so.

Well my grandma does have big underpants. jk jk lol, i already provived the link where i found the pic ask the pic owner not me about additonal info.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That is so far from convincing it's humorous. But is that's everyone's idea of convincing this whole ufology thing is never going to get anywhere.

May I present to you an exapmple of a convincing photo that the average person would accept?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In my opinion ANY blob of an object can be added to a out of focus grainy low res image....

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
Wow, where do I even start with this one....firstly, I never called anyone names.

You called him a troll, albeit in a back-door manner. He did nothing troll-like.

The point of my post was to get both of you and this thread back on topic, thus I will not discuss personal issues anymore.

By the way "being impartial" does not mean that I can not recognize fault.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This photo could be anything ranging from a pie tin or a frisbee all the way to a real craft of some sort. But since it could be ANYTHING, this photo is useless.

...And 1nL1ghtened, I'm not convinced about your assertion that this is "assuredly real" (real what, BTW?). If we use Syllogistic Logic and even assume your premise to be true that 'Real UFO's Have Wingmen', it does not follow logically that this is "assuredly real". I'm also assuming BTW that when you say UFO, you mean "not a normal craft -- possibly alien in nature"

Your flawed logic seems to go like this:

- Real UFO's have wingmen (let's assume this is true for this argument)
- This photo shows wingmen (other objects near it -- possibly)
- Thus this is "assuredly real" (this does not necessarily follow)

Here's another similar flawed argument:

- Real Dogs have tails
- 'That animal' has a tail
- Thus 'that animal' is a dog

Sure, the animal in question could be a dog, based on the fact that it has a tail, but it isn't "assuredly" a dog.

I'm not saying it isn't a real craft of some sort -- alien or otherwise -- but based on this one photo, there is no way to say it is "assuredly" anything.

[edit on 023131p://34082 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I've seen that photo before, and others similar. Luckily, you included a site that had them listed. Check the similarity on these three, and then some one can call me nasty names. I wouldn't want to be excluded.
June, 1973 Ontario, Canada
May 11, 1967 Torrence, California
Sunday Dec 18, 2005

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
[color=#80c0e0]EXIF REPORT

The EXIF data for the original picture from the website is non-existant. No EXIF data whatsoever.

SOURCE IMAGE

Handling APPx (0xe0) block.
End of APPx data blocks reached.
Status = 0

Unable to extract some or all of the Exif data.

[edit on 8/17/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Direwolf
I've seen that photo before, and others similar. Luckily, you included a site that had them listed. Check the similarity on these three, and then some one can call me nasty names. I wouldn't want to be excluded.
June, 1973 Ontario, Canada
May 11, 1967 Torrence, California
Sunday Dec 18, 2005

LAMO, this thread has gotten far in the last few weeks. Lets see where it goes

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
there is no such thing..ur wasting ur time

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It looks like a blimp. The picture is so bad it could be anything.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I post the informations i've been able to find so far.

UFO Photographed over Leigh on Sea, U K, 12-18-05

LEIGH ON SEA -- It is unusual to get many UFO photo's from the local area but this one certainly shows what appears to be a saucer shaped object. Not just one either! There are two objects nearer the camera with more in the distance. This could well be the first fleet of UFO's captured on digital camera in the Essex area. It has been sent for analysis but Tom our magazine editor has enlarged and put the subsequent images through filters to enhance the objects.
Here is a copy of the e-mail which was recently sent to us.

You may be interested in this picture taken at 7.45 AM, Sunday December 18, 2005, of the sunrise. When I loaded it to my computer I noticed a dot in the middle of the images, to the right of the jet and just below. Zoom in and check it out and let me know what you think. Several people have found other dots that look interesting one to the left hand side near to the house. I sent a copy to the MOD but have not had a response, I also contaced the CAA, they replied and told me they pass on reports to the MOD. They gave me a telephone number, which is the UFO report line.

Photo 1 - This image filtered shows two objects in the distance This cropped image shows a saucer shaped object. Note the reflection at the top of the image from the sun. Also there is a white glow underneath the object. Is this the power source. The objects vanishes when an aircraft enters the airspace. It also vanishes in a red flash which is the red interference shown on the film footage. As yet, no one has given a logical answer for this object which was filmed over Billericay in Essex, England. I also have footage of the same object taken over Great Wakering, stills on the website, and I have personally seen this object so can vouch for the authenticity of the object. Furthermore it has been seen by multiple witnesses over a period of about two years. Thanks to Mark Southend UFO Group

www.ufocasebook.com...

Maybe the MoD Made a Mistake

An extremely clear photograph of what appears to be a "fleet" of UFOs were taken over Leigh on Sea in December, 2005.

Ironically, the photograph was first sent to the MOD, but, there was no response, so the photographer opted for the UFO hotline, after advice from the CAA.
The objects in the photograph are still unexplained.

The location of the sighting was Billericay in Essex. Information and photographs are in possession of the Southend UFO Group.

ufos.about.com...

The photo was originally published here:
www.southendufogroup.com

but the website is now down.
I've recovered it with web archive but sadly it seems that they posted
only the cropped version of the photo, but i've also found the webmaster's mail address, and i've emailed him.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
kinda looks like a blimp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join