It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Challenge For Non-Believers Of Christianity

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana

Originally posted by janasstar

No Thank you, Ill stick with Jesus. I know in Whom, I have believed.


You can be with Jesus and still meditate by the way. I would highly recommend it in fact, you may be surprised at what you find if you truly commit to it. In fact you may find it brings you closer to Jesus!


I will meditate upon the Lord, night and day.




posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
original quote by jannastar

No Thank you, I'll stick with Jesus. I know in Whom, I have believed.


wow very full of ourselves...this offer was not yours to except....lol....just kidding . my post was for the person who said they meditate on god. If Jesus is your way then walk the path but walk the path with faith and keep his commandments for they are very dear to him and the devotee who keeps his commandments is very dear to him and shall have a special place in the spiritual realm.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by plague]



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
original quote by jannastar

No Thank you, I'll stick with Jesus. I know in Whom, I have believed.


wow very full of ourselves...this offer was not yours to except....lol....just kidding . my post was for the person who said they meditate on god. If Jesus is your way then walk the path but walk the path with faith and keep his commandments for they are very dear to him and the devotee who keeps his commandments is very dear to him and shall have a special place in the spiritual realm.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by plague]

My apologies. Just sitting here bored. Couldn't resist getting my feet wet on that one! Forgive me?



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by plague
original quote by jannastar

No Thank you, I'll stick with Jesus. I know in Whom, I have believed.


wow very full of ourselves...this offer was not yours to except....lol....just kidding . my post was for the person who said they meditate on god. If Jesus is your way then walk the path but walk the path with faith and keep his commandments for they are very dear to him and the devotee who keeps his commandments is very dear to him and shall have a special place in the spiritual realm.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by plague]

My apologies. Just sitting here bored. Couldn't resist getting my feet wet on that one! Forgive me?



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
no apology is needed for no offense was done....



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
For some reason I think you may want to redirect this thread towards Satanist rather than atheists or agnostics. Neither of which are Christian haters as a group, though it may be an individuals view, that is somewhat generalizing. Satanists in fact are an anti- Christian group. Target the ones you should be!



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yesimoutthere
For some reason I think you may want to redirect this thread towards Satanist rather than atheists or agnostics. Neither of which are Christian haters as a group, though it may be an individuals view, that is somewhat generalizing. Satanists in fact are an anti- Christian group. Target the ones you should be!


Thank you for the enlightenment.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yesimoutthere
For some reason I think you may want to redirect this thread towards Satanist rather than atheists or agnostics. Neither of which are Christian haters as a group, though it may be an individuals view, that is somewhat generalizing. Satanists in fact are an anti- Christian group. Target the ones you should be!


Hey! Cool avatar! yesimoutthere



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
And the nice lady says, "Why, thank you Janasstar. What a nice thing to say." And Janasstar says, "You're welcome, I'm sure."



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The problem is there are conflicts and contradictions within the core of what people are bring told Jesus said or did

The only way to heaven is through Jesus....so what about people who have never heard of Jesus..? are they denied access to Heaven simply because they were born in a time or place where the Bible was not allowed...or existed?

and, if these people who never heard of Jesus are judged upon their own hearts and actions, then why isnt everyone judged upon their own hearts and actions..? why the need to believe in Jesus if you heard of him, and nthe rules dont apply if you have not heard of him..?


And what about someone like Saul, (Paul) who persecuted Believers and non believers alike, then became a believer himself. He will go to heaven, while some of the people he killed probably will not..?

And people that work in Aids Hospices, or soup kitchens for most of their lives...they are the epitome of what Christ asks us to be....are they denied a place in heaven becase they are not born agsain, while a mass murderer born again in jail will go to heaven because he is..?


It is probable that Christ's words were corrupted by men in power, who used this new religious system to wrap themselves in more power...The Bible is supposed to be the foundation for salvation, and yet less than 1% of it is devoted to the words and actions of its key figure.
There are 18 Years of Jesus life missing...what caused so much fear that they wiped those 18 years clean from the records..? It must be something quite terrifying to the power structure of organized religions.

Too many serious questions and conflicts that do not have answers...this occurs when parts are missing.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I just came across some stunning revelation knowledge. I posted it on another forum, but felt it needed repeating. Many Christians have asked, "Why do the atheists persecute the Christians and not the other religions?" I figured it out! It's because we have the "turn the other cheek" teaching. So, people feel relatively safe.
One thing that should be kept in mind; a person only has two cheeks, after that, it's every man for himself. :-))



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well said forestlady

Janastarr, your first mistake was to assume that all non-Christians are full of hate. Your second mistake was to assume that non-Christians have never been exposed to the Bible. I grew up Catholic/Protestant, attended Christian schools for my entire education and have read/studied the Bible a number of times. Even as a child, I found the Bible hard to believe. When I became an adult, I left Christianity behind because it just never made sense to me. Today, I am Pagan and am perfectly happy with my chosen religion. Why would I need to change?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm also a pagan having been raised in a family with a 'take it or leave it' attitude to spirituality & religion. My mother was raised as a methodist and my deceased father was Church of England.
In school we were encouraged to read and digest the scriptures and the more I read the more I concluded that the bible was contadiction, myth and folklore and had zero bearing for me personally. Words fail me when people 'pluck' out biblical quotes to reinforce their own aspects of faith and to push a point.
I've embraced paganism now for over 20 years and left the distortions of biblical garbage behind without a single glance back to the times of those school days in R.E. lessons.

Christians...God loves you. You penguins tell you so.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I just came across some stunning revelation knowledge. I posted it on another forum, but felt it needed repeating. Many Christians have asked, "Why do the atheists persecute the Christians and not the other religions?" I figured it out! It's because we have the "turn the other cheek" teaching. So, people feel relatively safe.
One thing that should be kept in mind; a person only has two cheeks, after that, it's every man for himself. :-))


It is this type of thinking (and more) that makes me want to run in the opposite direction of Christians sometimes. How are atheists persecuting Christians? By atheists not wanting prayer in public schools? It is unConstitutional to mix religion with govt. (public schools being under the govt.) But so many Christians think nothing of trampling my rights by insisting that we all pray to a deity I don't believe in. How would you like it if on Sunday mornings you're awakened at 8:00 a.m. by people coming to your door and telling you your religion is wrong and you need to become another religion, a member of the One True Way religion. Janasstar, I've tried Christianity and it didn't work for me.
I believe every person has a different spiritual path and I try to always honor every religioun. But it seems to me that many Christians want to push their religion onto other people. I don't see any other group out there doing that.
I live in a small Tennessee town that is 99.5% Baptist, it's the buckle of the Bible belt. People will invite me to their Church, just kind of a hospitality thing. But that's it, they don't proselytize or preach to me or come and knock on my door. They're too busy working their own spiritual path to try to push it on others. Now, these are Christians I can and do respect.
One more thing: to say that the Amish/Menonnites are not Christian is pure nonsense. When I go to my local market (owned by Menonites), they have Bible scriptures all over the place. How are they not following the Bible? BTW, all the Scriptures that are posted are about loving their fellow human beings, not about punishment and evangelizing.
Are you aware that right after the Amish school children shooting, all the Amish families of that area got together and visited the wife of the murderer. They knew she was suffering, too, and they told her "we don't harbor any ill will towards you or your children, we want you to know that and we understand that this is very painful to you as well. They ofered their sympathies. If that's not a Christian act, I don't know what is. And yet, you say they aren't Christians. Sorry, your views seem rather confusing, to me.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Turn the other cheek is not what most people think it is.

In the time of Christ, soldiers slapped by backhanding your face. If the soldier attempt to use an Open handed slap, the soldier would expose their entire body.

Turning the other cheek would force the Soldier to slap you open handed, or use their sword hand, either one would disable the soldiers defenses.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

Turn the other cheek is not what most people think it is.

In the time of Christ, soldiers slapped by backhanding your face. If the soldier attempt to use an Open handed slap, the soldier would expose their entire body.

Turning the other cheek would force the Soldier to slap you open handed, or use their sword hand, either one would disable the soldiers defenses.


So could you tell me how that fits with "if a man asks for anything from you, give it to him"

And the next question the Apostles asked him?


"How many times should we frogive others? Seven times?"

To which he said, 7 times 7.

Yeah I think you have really oversimplified the turn the other cheek concept, and left out the rest of the context.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

The problem is there are conflicts and contradictions within the core of what people are bring told Jesus said or did

The only way to heaven is through Jesus....so what about people who have never heard of Jesus..? are they denied access to Heaven simply because they were born in a time or place where the Bible was not allowed...or existed?

and, if these people who never heard of Jesus are judged upon their own hearts and actions, then why isnt everyone judged upon their own hearts and actions..? why the need to believe in Jesus if you heard of him, and nthe rules dont apply if you have not heard of him..?


And what about someone like Saul, (Paul) who persecuted Believers and non believers alike, then became a believer himself. He will go to heaven, while some of the people he killed probably will not..?

And people that work in Aids Hospices, or soup kitchens for most of their lives...they are the epitome of what Christ asks us to be....are they denied a place in heaven becase they are not born agsain, while a mass murderer born again in jail will go to heaven because he is..?


It is probable that Christ's words were corrupted by men in power, who used this new religious system to wrap themselves in more power...The Bible is supposed to be the foundation for salvation, and yet less than 1% of it is devoted to the words and actions of its key figure.
There are 18 Years of Jesus life missing...what caused so much fear that they wiped those 18 years clean from the records..? It must be something quite terrifying to the power structure of organized religions.

Too many serious questions and conflicts that do not have answers...this occurs when parts are missing.


The Christ himself said that faith alone will not do, there must be acts along with faith. God judges according to whats in your heart not what you claim.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I just came across some stunning revelation knowledge. I posted it on another forum, but felt it needed repeating. Many Christians have asked, "Why do the atheists persecute the Christians and not the other religions?" I figured it out! It's because we have the "turn the other cheek" teaching. So, people feel relatively safe.
One thing that should be kept in mind; a person only has two cheeks, after that, it's every man for himself. :-))


Actually its the so called "Christians" that do most of the bashing of athiest and other religions, and that is why in return they are attacked.
In my opinion most "Christians" either dont follow or understand there scriptures, and that leaves them open for attack. Besides most "Christians" are actually just practicing Paulianity, and trying to pass it off as Christianity.



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"The Christ himself said that faith alone will not do, there must be acts along with faith. God judges according to whats in your heart not what you claim "


if god judges a persons heart, then they need not be born again..?



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy
"The Christ himself said that faith alone will not do, there must be acts along with faith. God judges according to whats in your heart not what you claim "


if god judges a persons heart, then they need not be born again..?




Well in order to be born again you must surrender to God. That means give up all attachments to the material world. Jesus taught this.
You cannot just walk around and talk of Jesus and God. You must show acts of faith and one of the greatest acts is renoucing this world and giving tour thoughts and body to god. So when you surrender you are showing god whats really in your heart.....



posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
so then the question again becomes what happens to people that have never heard of jesus or jesus teachings..?



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join