It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
QUOTE: 'This video doesn't have any UFOs but it is of similar terrain. Someone should grab a screenshot of the palm trees and then show those of us who doubt the whole palm tree excuse how DIFFERENT these trees are from each other. Using the same logic, I could make a case that this travel video was made with VUE as well.'

Yep - those darn CGI monkeys are a dead giveaway
They must think we're fools

But I agree with everything you say. It's far too easy to fob stuff off - just because you can do something very similar with CGI. Sure, CGI is climbing to amazing artistic hieghts - no-one could deny that - but, and it's a BIG but - it's still not 100% convincing, at least as far as I've seen yet. Show me something totally convincing...nothing on this thread has YET been totally convincing - sorry folks. Do keep trying though alright? I still love watching the stuff

J.

J.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla

Originally posted by badw0lf
same spot, same font and size. It is slightly lower in location to "videos - Favorites - Friends" but so was the one I sent myself, and the font is slightly larger.

See, on the one I did, My username in the "from" spot is on the same line as videos, favorites, friends, not a line lower.

Hmm, odd.. when I did it using my browser (firefox 2.0) my name appeared exactly in the same lowered position as the one posted here.

I have just done another test using IE 7.0 and it seems it is a browser thing, becuase in IE it does NOT appear lower.

I think it's just a browser difference, but then I have a 'button' image also whereas you have the 'outlined' image for the "Block this user" box...

< br />

[edit on 14/8/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hmmm...this is interesting folks. This is a UFO video done with VUE 6 that has just been posted on Youtube. See what you think...

www.youtube.com...

J.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11

Nice post Badw0lf, although you missed another thing that could make these trees look slightly different, even though they are so blatantly 100% the same.

Vue 6, and 5, are known to have "wind effects" so the branches of the trees will move, or shift slightly. There is a chance that the images were taken just at different moments in their "wind animation". But, that is still irrelivant, because the tree is so damn obviosuly the same, with the same bent trunk, and same branches and all...

---edit---

doh! I just read someone already mentioned the wind above lol! ignore this.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by 11 11]

I did see that post too, and thought "Ahh I never did think of that!" given the nature of the realism VUE applies to vegetation. Indeed that is something else to add to the debate - but I agree; They are definitely the same tree's.

Just leaves the Who and the Why in question..

WRT the who, I'm almost certain about that at this point in time, but Friday will tell. The why? I guess no one except the people that get a thrill out of making things like this and offering it as real, will ever know..

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Badwolf, thank you for that explanation. That is exactly what I was looking for. Although I still am not sure you understood my post fully. The point that I was trying to get across, is that I am retarded when it comes to Graphical Images. Things that are obvious to you guys, are far from obvious to me, and I am sure I am not alone. Hence, why I needed it explained to me. I do not believe in coincidences, and can grasp the whole concept of all the trees looking very similar. I can not comprehend "They are identical" because, bottom line is they are not. Glad you guys know this stuff. Please have patience.

Fair call, I'm certainly not going to deny someone their opinion. And I'm by far an expert, but merely putting forward my opinions having used similar 'realism based' environment creation applications (even if Bryce is not as elaborate and funky as VUE!).

Some things just jump out at me with things like this, and obviously others see it too. I guess using the word identical in this sense is too strict, as obviously the images are seen at slightly different angles.

I just wanted to point out that what we're seeing are 2 dimensional static images of objects in a 3 dimensional space. POV will obviously distort some things (and as has been mentioned since, so will the realism of wind VUE applies) , but the basic structure of the trees, imo, are too exact to have occurred in a natural world, where nature throws random variables at everything.

Anyway, again it's merely my opinion, one of many here, and thats what makes threads like this, in a community like this, such an interesting read!!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
it's obviously fake. too many reasons why:

• over the top audio. That annoying gasp in the beginning.. the clippart sound fx (flag etc)

• over the top camera movements, zooming, blurring. Its as if they are trying to show off.

• the Vue6 trees. enough said about them.

• the rendering flaws. flickering lighting fx on the ufos and lights in the sky.

• the annonymous posting on youtube and vague description ("shot on the 6th", "I didnt shoot everything i saw")...oh brother....

• the fact that youtube was even used as the first place to show it.. It would be all over the news.

With that said.. if they didn't blow it on the over the top camera movements, the lame audio, and the stupid annonymous youtube posting, It would be much more convincing.. its great work, obviously.

I think the main reason it looks so good is because of the advanced matchmoving and cgi environments. those trees look real and that gave them all the lighting, shadows and masking for free.. no need to composite the ufo behind real trees etc... that makes things a whole lot easier.

oh and one more thing..did you notice that IHTE guy said he'd deliver the goods "in due course", and that youtube "barz" email he posted said "All in due course". And he has 1 video on his account. He either IS the guy that posted the haiti video or hes the one that posted the Dom Republic one in my opinion.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by sideburn]

[edit on 14-8-2007 by sideburn]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Actually its not the Animator that makes the tree's, its a Modeller

Its a 100% match that the video is using VUE software & models, 100%..there's no ambiguity at all anymore.

Originally posted by jimbo999

I agrre to a point. However - check the palm tree pic I uploaded a few pages back... pretty damn close, also pretty damn real too. Just an interesting aside anyhow. I'm not saying the video is real - just that nature is WAY more complex and intricate than any animator could ever imagine

J.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonking

If “ItHasToEnd” is the hoaxer coming clean ,why would he have to cut and paste the you tube screen name “barzolff814”, wouldn’t he be able to send the an email that is the “Real Deal” to himself, being that he created the “barzolff814” account ?
In other words
If this is the same group that is freaking out and trying to find a way out, they would have the ability to send themselves an email from the “barzolff814” account wouldn’t they?

[edit on 14-8-2007 by moonking]

That's what I said, it would be far easier to send the PM to yourself on Youtube, block out the barzloff814 from the top of the youtube screeny, and then claim to be merely the recipient and not the sender AND recipient of the PM.

Too easy.

BUT we've given him/her till Friday and I think we should refrain from accusations that could lead to the old "All these attacks, Im taking my ball and going home" attitude that is often used to get out of these messy situations.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Who has entered the room? Tell us a little about your background, it's a very on top summation. Greatly appreciated, but am also extremely curious.

STM

[edit on 8/14/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Hmmm...this is interesting folks. This is a UFO video done with VUE 6 that has just been posted on Youtube. See what you think...

That's really not interesting at all. What you have here is a complete amateur (we all have to begin somewhere, I guess) using a program that's capable of doing far greater things (OP video). You can find hundreds of these low quality CGI videos out there and they should NOT be used as a benchmark of sorts for the capability of digital imaging.

Anyways, 2 more days and we'll know for certain if ItHasToEnd is the person I really hope he is.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What I find strange is how much attention that video got in such a short space of time on YT. Ive been using YT almost since it started and I cant ever remember a UFO video getting that many views in such a short period of time, apart from maybe the WTC clip when it was first posted which was well over a year ago now I think.

Yep and just checked all time views for "UFO"
The WTC clip:
Views: 1,836,780
Added: 1 year ago

UFO Haiti:
Views: 1,373,804
Added: 5 days ago

I find that incredible.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
sideburn,

We know the Haiti/Dominican videos are "obviously fake". The question now is: "Who is our new member ItHasToStop?", and: "Does s/he have the goods to prove that s/he was in on it?".

Interesting observation on the use of "...in due course..." by both. Perhaps IHTS is the original YouTube poster and is trying to cover his/her tracks. Perhaps IHTS is exactly what s/he claims to be: an unwitting co-conspirator in a deliberate hoax.

And s/he didn't say that evidence would be provided "on Friday", s/he said "by Friday". Hopefully we'll get something sooner rather than later.

Whaddaya say, IHTS? Click that Send button already...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

Who has entered the room? Tell us a little about your background, it's a very on top summation. Greatly appreciated, but am also extremely curious.

STM

[edit on 8/14/2007 by seentoomuch]

I'm a freelance web,multimedia,software developer guy. I do some lightwave work.. worked on some video games a few years ago, a playstation game back when it first came out.. I am not an animation, video, or cgi expert, but i can get the job done usually. I do mostly web/flash/photoshop design and c coding stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am a 3d animator and compositor and I can say without a doubt that this Haiti footage is totally CG. Its a wonderful render and nicely done. How do I know for sure you may ask. Simply I have the same program used. Vue 6 infinate is a 3d enviroment generator that produces very realistic landscapes. Whats funnier is that the scene used is a sample file contained in Vue. Who ever did this simply added there own ufo mesh and building meshes. Hope this sheds some light.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Seeds from the same source plant(s) and year can be genetically identical. Also genetically identical seedlings are also produced by somatic embryogenesis.

If these genetically identical seedlings were planted and survived (as is done often in the landscaped communities), you would have similarly identical growth.

Identical trees do not disprove or prove anything.

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Choronzon]

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Choronzon]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Housekeeping AGAIN, sigh...

WHY is it every night I have to come into this thread and REMIND people that this is an ATS "Big Thread" (as mentioned at the TOP of EVERY PAGE) and that off topic, "chit-chat" posts and HUGE quotes will be deleted out of courtesy to our readers?

Please, give an Amigo a break will ya?

Springer...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
1. Seeds from the same source plant(s) and year can be genetically identical.

If these genetically identical seedlings were planted and survived (as is done often in the landscaped communities), you would have similarly identical growth.

2. Identical trees do not disprove or prove anything.

1. Fair enough but what a complete coincidence that these identical trees were used as the basis for a software programme rather than the millions of other trees that could have been used.

2. Yes they do - it proves the images have been modified and / or created.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
CAUTION: SATIRE ALERT

Since we don't know the who, what, when, where or why of this video, it got me thinkin'. There simply must be SOMETHING I could do to re-coup the lost hours and cure my bruised ego. Well heck. What better way than to capitalize on this whole ordeal. After all, it's the American way and the hoaxer's didn't do it for the money....right?

I realize we are not supposed to be promoting any personal or commercial products, goods or services, but what the hey. Check out this little baby.

And that's just the beginning. We're talking shot glasses, spoons, oven mitts, frisbees, bumper stickers and UFO soap on a rope.

A small portion of the proceeds could go towards the hospital bill for the hoaxers once they are caught. And then, give them a little dough for resumes and demo reels since they are out of a jobs now.

Perhaps if things are this slow tomorrow night a talent show or telethon perhaps? Whadda ya'll think?

regards.....kk

[edit on 15-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Where is everybody?

**tap tap**

May we post again, yet, Springer? Cuz it sure seems awfully quite 'round here.

Thank you for keeping an eagle eye on the thread.

And, likewise, thank you for deleting some entries that didn't seem to go all that far astray, including at least one of my own.

**poke**

So , may we resume the thread now? 'Cuz it sure seems awfully questionably quiet 'round here....

[edit on 15-8-2007 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
CAUTION: SATIRE ALERT

I realize we are not supposed to be promoting any personal or commercial products, goods or services, but what the hey. Check out this little baby.

Im afraid until we know if the footage is copyright or not, you may be breaking the law by promoting such things...

You wouldn't want lucas breathing down yor neck now !!

And Thank you to Chunder a few posts above.. I was going to reply to that post, but frankly you put it in far less words than I was going to, and made the point succint enough

Tuning Spork - 3 days to go.. Painfully long time and I just hope we get something conclusive before the thread gets closed..

*I'll hush now.. back to DarkPirates to plunder and trade..*

[edit on 15/8/2007 by badw0lf]

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join