It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ah, I hadn't even considered FF not rendering the text the same as IE...slap my hand...back to lurking, and keeping my mouth shut

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think topics that are noted hoaxes by moderators should be shut down. There's nothing more to see here. Move along.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
Ah, I hadn't even considered FF not rendering the text the same as IE...slap my hand...back to lurking, and keeping my mouth shut

Bah...don't be so hard on yourself. It's not like this is common knowledge. I mean, most people who use the net don't know this.

I'd be interested to know the location of IHTE. See if he's West Coast, LA area in general.

It's possible that he's somewhere other than South East Cali, but if he does in fact work for a digital FX company (in the US) I'd put my bets he's there.

However, if this was a project done by a few people using Mac Pro's at their homes...then who knows where he might be.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
ItHasToEnd Are you willing to email me the screen shot if I guarantee you I won't publicly post it without your permission? I think a record of this should be kept here. Springer...

Mr. Springer,

I see you continue to hold out hope for It Has To End.

Just curious. Did he comply with your above request?

Luckily IAttackPeople ( one smart guy) pulled it out of his browser cache and shared it, but I was just wondering if he did in fact send it to you and if that is why you give him the benefit of the doubt?

If he did, aren't you able to glean some info about his IP / location from his e-mail or when he joined ATS?

Thanks....kinda kurious

[edit on 14-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

But the first SIX DIGITS will be the same or they will show as a proxy, only the last 3 will be different.

That's how I knew who your "old account was" mate.

Believe what you want, I KNOW they aren't the same person.

There are ways around this for the record...

I won't go into a ton of detail, but assuming you access from 2 different computers using 2 different internet providers, both accounts would appear to be independant. There would be available easy ways of taking this several steps further, for a minor out of pocket expense that any person relatively proficent with computers & the internet could pull off...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I've seen UFOs on 4 separate ocassions, 2 with my own eyes and 2 after downloading digital pictures, which were unseen when the pics were taken. Knowone believes you unless they see it themselves. All I can say behind these videos is, THEY'RE HERE!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobby3
but assuming you access from 2 different computers using 2 different internet providers, both accounts would appear to be independent. There would be available easy ways of taking this several steps further, for a minor out of pocket expense that any person relatively proficient with computers & the internet could pull off...

Actually. This is really easy. Theoretically I could just remote into my PC at work, which fits the criteria that you mentioned, and set up a second account at ATS, and post away.

Heck, I could carry on a conversation with myself with two screen names, and other than being about 25 or 30 miles apart (if one were to compare IPs) no one would ever know.

I'd post from my laptop, then from my PC at work, then from my laptop.

But I doubt that's going on here. Not that I have anything to back that statement up with.

For the record, I actually log into my account at work and read and post from there as well. So, I'd be nailed if I tried to do something like this.

But it is possible, and pretty easy for anyone with remote desktop access to one, or more, PCs.

I'd venture to say that Springer and company have ways to tracking that sort of thing down though. No idea how, but I bet they do.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Mr. Springer,

Hi kinda kurious.

Do you disagree that we should give him/her the opportunity to come up with the aforementioned proof?
I don't think it's too much to wait til Friday.

Luckily IAttackPeople ( one smart guy) pulled it out of his browser cache and shared it, but I was just wondering if he did in fact send it to you and if that is why you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Taking into account one of his posts, I don't think he sent it. But by that time Springer was already in possession of the image.

There were other 'smart guys'

If he did, aren't you able to glean some info about his IP / location?

Springer can get his IP information right now. The admins can see the IP address of anyone who has an account here.

By the way, Springer already commented on ItHasToEnd's IP before, so he definitely has that information.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Mr. Springer,

Hi kinda kurious.

Do you disagree that we should give him/her the opportunity to come up with the aforementioned proof? I don't think it's too much to wait til Friday.

Added>> and because he said this on previous page:

I am confident we will have 100% assurance about ItHasToEnd by Friday, that's why I asked for the deadline on when (s)he would supply us the proof. Two days after tomorrow we will know.

I am walking the fence on IHTE. I was just curious to see if he did comply with the request. Thanks for the links to that dialogue, but it appears inconclusive. It just seems like the classic "stall" that we have all seen before. Plus some of the other comments by other posters expressing doubt. If he is a fake, that is worse than someone who robs the house of a family that is at a funeral. Simply despicable.

Also, thanks for clarifying the other info about IP etc. You truly are one of the smarter guys on here.

sincerely...kk

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If he is a fake, that is worse than someone who robs the house of a family that is at a funeral. Simply despicable.

I'll have to disagree here. I'd rank robbing the house of someone who is at a funeral above someone who tries to fake a video of a UFO on the despicable meter.

Now, if they'd robbed a house of someone at a funeral and then used their computer to render said UFO hoax...well, that's something different.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hey Everyone,

Long time reader first time poster...IHTE is either a fake and/or - the prod company that did this realizes they are gonna be in deep sh*t w/ people and are trying to buy some time to figure out a response...late day friday is also where you 'dump' stories you want buried over the wknd...(me work in movies

This thing is now hitting television and if 'project starfleet' has anything to do w/ the new star trek movie viacom/paramount are pooping green apples w/ fear right now that their 200mil investment is going to be hurt by all this.

Also, seems like the guy is stalling and doesn't have any proof to back up his claims...either he's lying to try and drain the momentum out of this story or he/his prod company is trying to strategize an appropriate response...the last thing a sci-fi movie needs is backlash from sci-fi fans...and how does someone who works in cgi, probably a bit geeky, come off as so seemingly oblivious to the ufo culture...something isn't right here...ps - this site rocks!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
JJ Abrams should be invited to visit and comment. Lately he's been working on a home movie perspective for his movies. Read up on Cloverfield. Perhaps someone is trying to imitate him. Btw: He is also working on the new Star Trek about the Starfleet academy days.

The only other person that is really great with alien ships FX is David Rose, but he is off working on a completely different area of FX right now. Either would be interesting to hear from for their points of view, not that our members aren't the best, it would just be great to get all views. ladave1969, hmmm....

Lol! It's contagious, 11 11! Btw, I gave you a star, you deserve it for all your efforts as does everyone that has contributed. Thanks all, stars for everyone! (Just teasing you, 11 11, saw your posts about stars and points)

STM

J.J. Abrams link:

www.imdb.com...

www.j-j-abrams.com...

David Rose link:

www.whitakerhouse.com...

[edit on 8/15/2007 by seentoomuch]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I am walking the fence on IHTE.

Oh so am I, and many others it seems. But I think we should give him/her the chance to come up with the proof, especially since he/she volunteered to provide some proof and that he/she would deliver it in due time.

If he/she doesn't.. then we should decide what to do then. But hopefully some sort of proof will be provided so that we can move on, because as you mentioned before there are other things that we should be talking about and this has consumed a lot of our time and attention already.

Much like yourself, I also doubt about the story that we were told - that they didn't intended to create this video to fool people. If what IHTE told us is the truth regarding the video being a pet project, then the presentation is strange to say the least.

Unless the videos that were uploaded to Youtube were taken from a longer video and these are clips taken out of context, I don't know. The story doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm willing to give this person to a chance. Let's see what happens.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
i seriously doubth this has anything to do with star trek and the 11th movie.

This aint no ARG as far as i can tell, let me just say that even if the videos are fakes they look damn good and the people who made it should start ther own studio making slusho type movies

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hmm..pretty cool - although I also saw the Vue 6 demo, which was even cooler
Still....none of it looked actually 'real' so to speak. But I imagine that could be 'fixed in the mix' as we like to say in the music industry, no?...

J.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Why all the fuss.

1. It's just a bunch of images hosted on you tube. As far as I am aware no claim has been made that it is genuine footage of a UFO.

2. If it was genuine video whoever took it would try and make some money out of it, not publish free.

3. If not able to make money then why not submit to a genuine organisation - there are enough of them out there. Anything just put up on you tube is suspect from the start.

4. Aside from above the lack of supporting information is telling.

5. Aside from above the fact it can be shown beyond reasonable doubt that the tree's were created by a software programme means the images were altered and if in any way genuine there would be no need to alter.

It can't even be called a hoax as nothing has been claimed.

As with the CARET / Isaac / drones issue (hoax) the only real question should be who and why.

Just my personal view.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
QUOTE:'think I am part Et (not CGI) and I am very puzzled ;-) Now I am trying to be funny, because I have been part of a 67 page carnival of opinions and a depression is lurking, nobody laughing?

Well it is depressing. I am checking the internet for *&$ sakes because I want disclosure and see some UFO's. I am certifiably crazy.

Silence. Ok, we will wait on the goods (proof) that will be brought to us by this fine last young man/woman with a conscious and then go OUTSIDE talk to some aliens, OK?'

Wow...heavy, but very beautiful & true too. (bows..). Very well & elequently put.

J.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
QUOTE:'Also, these are NOT the only trees that are identical, and it is not the only flaw in the videos. So I see no reason what so ever for you to not see that its a fake.'

It should be mentioned folks that these trees that 11 11 keeps ramming up our collective *sses are from the Dominican Republic video - NOT the Haiti video. Just so we all know which end is up...

J.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
QUOTE:'Also, Jimbo999. There is a handy little QUOTE button above each post ( It lives right next to REPLY.) If you'd like to Quote text from that post, hit the quote button. It will automatically copy the contents and format quoted text you'd like to reference. It is good if you are lazy like me and saves a lot of work and avoids confusion. Hope that helps.'

KK. yer a real clown man! Yeah - I KNOW there's a quote feature here. But I get serious doggie-doo from the moderators everytime I use it! hah! So now I try to refrain

Nah...don't sweat it KK - you've got more than one fan on this thread - I just happen to have the biggest, loudest mouth, that's all. Part of my profession probably ('Professional Loudmouth' - in case you wondered).

Adios,

J.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
QUOTE:'But as I said, Serve me humble pie - if you can get 2 separate images of 2 trees from 2 locations, and have all the extremities and densities match up as well as these do, I'll bring the spoon !'

I agrre to a point. However - check the palm tree pic I uploaded a few pages back... pretty damn close, also pretty damn real too. Just an interesting aside anyhow. I'm not saying the video is real - just that nature is WAY more complex and intricate than any animator could ever imagine

J.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join