It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Now that it appears we have a fake youtube IM from ItHasToEnd, I wonder if the "proof" will still be forthcoming? Looking at it from my partner's perspective this would pretty much handle the whole situation for the hoaxers.

Something like this:

The hoaxer(s) see the huge attention this is garnering, they know that it's only a matter of time before they are found out and the wrath of the Tin Foil Hat Brigade descends upon them.

Not wanting to deal with "all that" they initiate a way to out themselves and take the heat off and become the heroes all the while laying the blame for the misdirection of the project on a non existent team member who, once the cat is truly out of the bag nobody cares about anyway.

I am with Leigh on this, I want the smoking gun that EVERYONE has no choice but to accept. Personally, I am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt but there are a few who are not, that's cool and I respect their opinions and that's why I really want to get my hands on the meshes and empty (sans UFO) scenes.

ItHasToEnd, if you read this and you are truly "involved" in the video's production, please do come through with the goods or forever be known as a person who faked a youtube IM for a couple hours attention on AboveTopSecret.com. That is a pretty sad legacy mate.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If “ItHasToEnd” is the hoaxer coming clean ,why would he have to cut and paste the you tube screen name “barzolff814”, wouldn’t he be able to send the an email that is the “Real Deal” to himself, being that he created the “barzolff814” account ?
In other words
If this is the same group that is freaking out and trying to find a way out, they would have the ability to send themselves an email from the “barzolff814” account wouldn’t they?

[edit on 14-8-2007 by moonking]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In case anyone wants to see some of the other vue anims I've made

beverins youtube page

Soon I will post my version of this haiti video. I loaded in a basic landscape and just used a reflective sphere as my UFO. Took me all of 2 hours to set up - I expect that the people who did the original video took several months of careful tweaking, but I'm just doing it as a proof of concept.

Gonna take awhile to render though

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just curious. Could the differences in these two screen grabs be due to them each being viewed in a different browsers and/or with different display settings?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Just curious. Could the differences in these two screen grabs be due to them each being viewed in a different browsers and/or with different display settings?

It is totaly possible, and is exactly what I mentioned a few posts ago....

However, it wasn't untill now I noticed that the "hoaxer" has (1) video and Layla has (0). There is a very slight chance this change in video counts could move the position of the name. Can someone verify this? I'm to lazy to make a YouTube account and upload a video.

Also, shouldnt the hoaxer have more than (1) video?

[edit on 14-8-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork

You are correct. Firefox, IE, and Safari do render things a bit differently, although not usually anything that drastic.

Resolution can also be the culprit...but based on what I'm looking at on how the text rendering is handled (specifically anti-aliasing), I'd say these were on two different computers, or specifically OSes.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sorry Layla but your claim of the YT message being a hoax falls flat on its backside. I use both IE7 and FF, and there are major differences when viewing the same site with each browser. Picture below I have pointed out, even the buttons are different and fonts AND even how the date is displayed.

Oh by the way, Ive hidden my name because I get enough flack for the type of videos I post exposing hoaxes. Anyway try this yourself if you use both these browsers, you can see the differences rigth away. This ItHasToEnd person is using FF.

Click for full-sized image

(Mod edit: Switched inline image to thumbnail. Please use thumbnails for large images to avoid "sporkage". --Majic)

[edit on 8/14/2007 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey, not sure if anyone else brought this up, but I've got a few buddies in the VFX profession and think I might have at least a partial explanation as to why evidence won't be available until Friday (if this whole evidence thing is legit).

What if the stuff IHTE is talking about isn't available to him? Maybe he won't be at the workstations, or have access to the servers/network the wireframe, compositing palates, and other such things are stored on.

I've got a buddy that works at Digital Domain, specifically doing a lot of roto work for them, and I've seen a few shots of things before they're released. I know he has to be very careful about what he sends (mind you, we're talking two, three second clips) because the meta data on the files has all sort of storage info on it (including IP data, user id, permissions, blah blah blah), not to mention the name/id of the last person to check the data out.

Just thought I'd toss that out there. Figured it might be a perfectly logical explanation as to why it won't be available until Friday, or what have you.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
This ItHasToEnd person is using FF.

On a Mac or PC though?

Believe it or not, even the OSes render the fonts differently.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O

This ItHasToEnd person is using FF.

On a Mac or PC though?

Believe it or not, even the OSes render the fonts differently.

That I dont know, Im using PC.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That I don't know, I'm using PC.

I'm on a Mac. I can boot up Windows virtually, but moving screen shot jpegs is a pain since I don't have a shared folder between the OSes (I'm cheap and haven't upgraded to Parallels 3.0 yet).

I'm sure someone else will come down decisively on this though. They're probably making up the post right now.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O

I'm on a Mac. I can boot up Windows virtually, but moving screen shot jpegs is a pain since I don't have a shared folder between the OSes (I'm cheap and haven't upgraded to Parallels 3.0 yet).

I'm sure someone else will come down decisively on this though. They're probably making up the post right now.

Yeah probably. I guess time will tell anyway if this person comes through or not, Friday they said yes? I personally think this person wont deliver the goods, but we'll wait and see.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I though there was something most definitely not quite right about ItHasToEnd. Allow me to enlighten you. This is what he posted a while back:

Originally posted by ItHasToEnd
...But I have stated that I wanted no part of this when I knew it was going to be uploaded to the internet and branded as the real thing.... makes me feel very guilty indeed. As I said, it was never, on my part, meant to turn out this way.

Then compare the text in this screenshot.

Based on that screenshot, real or not, it is blatantly clear he was aware of the ultimate goal for this video, i.e. to hoax a most respected UFO community. I think we should be looking at who would do this, and the reasons why. Somebody clearly has it in for us, either a rival website or somebody trying to make the site look ridiculous. Well how did THAT backfire? We have too many sound minded highly qualified people to be taken in, even by good footage.

I personally don't think it was that good, full of blatant errors. I also think far too much credit was given to the people who made this. I think it took a few weeks with pirated software and a bit of technical and creative nous. Pro's surely wouldn't have made such obvious mistakes, especially given a two year time frame. It's clear to me we are dealing with someone at best of average intelligence...

Is he telling the truth? I think he may be just adding to the confusion, simply by pretending to be part of the team that created this video. The alternative is, he's the real deal trying to cover his tracks by faking screenshots. Those of you waiting till Friday, well I wouldn't hold your breath.

While I'm here, I think those people hinting at ATS involvement to gather new members/revenue are astonishingly misguided. I know this is a conspiracy site, but come on...!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artreyus
I think those people hinting at ATS involvement to gather new members/revenue are astonishingly misguided. I know this is a conspiracy site, but come on...!

The same conspiracy theory is always brought up with each large hoax that they perceive to only have discussion here. GhostRaven was the first time I personally saw the same idea come into people's minds.

I'd also like to add that you can't debunk the YouTube message using that method. There are drastic differences (as pointed out by now, I'm sure) between browsers & OS. While it certainly is extremely easy to fake the YouTube message ItHasToEnd has showed us, I'm dead certain he himself knew that coming on here. So, tell me, why would someone with the apparent intellect of somebody such as ItHasToEnd be dumb enough to give us a message like that when he can't come up with proof under his deadline? That to me doesn't make sense.

It's not out of the question, though. We'll see come the next few days, hopefully he is who he says he is and CAN come up with the necessary proof to shut this one down for good. I have a bad feeling that if this doesn't come to pass it'll spawn a whole group of "true-true believers" which can lead to no good to the whole UFO field.

[edit on 14-8-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artreyus
While I'm here, I think those people hinting at ATS involvement to gather new members/revenue are astonishingly misguided. I know this is a conspiracy site, but come on...!

I'd have to agree. I think that's just silly. It's one thing to cover a story, it's another thing to make one up, and ATS just doesn't do that kind of thing.

Why?

Because if it ever did, and was caught, it'd be the end of ATS.

Just doesn't make sense, and it's too big of a risk from a business perspective. This place isn't just a forum board, it's a business, and it stands to make the most money as the definitive site on all things conspiracy related. You can't keep a reputation like that when there are "gray area" arguments like ATS being in on hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If Ithastoend is real I can see why s/he's talking about his career ending. This is professional level work by whatever gang did his. I will conjecture that they did this private project on company time using company resources without management knowing about it at all. If this now gets too much attention and the company finds out about it, it could very well be a firing offense. These guys are paid to do something productive for the company, not charge off on their own projects. It's kinda like reading ATS at work. Betcha it's frowned upon, huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Call me an idiot
But the post with the pic of the email cache has disappeared
Can’t remember who posted it ,but did you use fire fox?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
If Ithastoend is real I can see why s/he's talking about his career ending. This is professional level work by whatever gang did his. I will conjecture that they did this private project on company time using company

Too much quote?
I’m sick of this “career ending” Stuff
If they can prove they did this, it’s just the beginning of there career

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am confident we will have 100% assurance about ItHasToEnd by Friday, that's why I asked for the deadline on when (s)he would supply us the proof. Two days after tomorrow we will know. If IHTE comes back with the evidence/proof we will have a new "hero" of sorts, someone who was caught up in a hoax but allowed their honor and honesty to come through when it counted the most.

Anything short of that (the PROOF in hand by Friday) and we know we had a person who craved a couple hours of attention on ATS so badly they lied and deceived, I just can't imagine that but I guess anything is possible.

In any case, we haven't long to wait.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonking

Originally posted by schuyler
If Ithastoend is real I can see why s/he's talking about his career ending. This is professional level work by whatever gang did his. I will conjecture that they did this private project on company time using company

Too much quote?
I’m sick of this “career ending” Stuff
If they can prove they did this, it’s just the beginning of there career

It's a group of people. Ithastoend (if we take this at face value) was not at the rendering end of this. he/she might not even know how to do it at all, yet he's an accomplice to the plot. If he's found, he's fired. If the shop is a prestigious one, it could very well end his career.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join