It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of spider can cause a bite this nasty?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Thank you mods for the warning. EEEK!
I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if I repeat.

A brown recluse can do that. Though people automatically peg everything on the brown recluse, when it is a very shy spider and will flight before fight, and bites only as a last result.

The are also only found in the south.

My husband received two spider bites that within an hour,started sending red hot streaks up his arms and leg. One bite on the calf and one on the elbow. I two hours we had to take him to the ER. He had to get an IV antibiotic everyday at the docs office for two weeks. He still has scars.

I once got a spider bite on the back of my neck that caused lesions. It took 6 months to get rid of.

Now my mom is a research analyst for a living and does a lot of research for me. She tried to find out the source of the spider bite.

What she found is that any spider bite can cause a bad reaction. Spiders have bacteria on their fangs, so when they bite, you get contaminated with bacteria. Just like any other cut, some people get infections worse then others.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
That statement was worse than any of the pictures i've seen so far. thanx for the image.

LOL Ditto that.

People are dumb about going to the doctors. I only watched about 10 seconds too see the guy was 18 and probably wouldn't seek medical treatment. I was 18 when I got bit by a wolf spider(thought a wasp the size of a basketball stung me on the neck) I remember my boss telling me to shake it off and get over it. The pain was incredible, and I didn't know what it was at first, till there were two lesions side by side. The weird part about it is that the lesions took about 6 months to leave.But for several years afterwards, that area of the neck would scale over. It was like eczema or something. I definetly should of seen help. But I listened to my boss who worked for the park for 30 years and figured he knew.:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i had a lump bigger than them on my back once
its ok now tho, i divorced her

my doctor was glad it didnt need surgery

i am glad we dont have dangerous spiders in the uk because the ones we have still scare the dung out of me.
as the world grows, we invade more of THEIR world and it can only get worse

i think i would have puked as much as the puss coming out of guys chin

good posts tho

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
HEy Speaker of truth,

I know what you mean by boil, but it's not the first time I've been bitten by a black widow. It was a BW bite for sure. WHen I looked at it in the mirror it was white in the center like a pustuel but then bright red and running off into a bruise like color on the edges. beyond that the skin was white again because of the excess lymph in the area.

THe real tell tale sign other than the bulls-eye looking wound was that my whole right leg near the knee but mainly the hamstring was spasaming all through out the day and the next. Not cramping but twitching pretty badly and in a painful manner. Then for the next few days it was a very stiff and cramping like sensation.

Wasn't really painful but I knew for sure that it was a bw bite. I've found them around that area of my freinds apartment before. It's hot and it's summer time which they love.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Ill tell you what.
If I had something like that I would go to the doctor, and I hate doctors, so that makes me think its fake.

Exactly Im going to hold up my bogus flag on this one. If your chin swelled up that badly and was oozing pus like that YOU would go tot he doctor and not film yourself milking it to put on YouTube.

Either that or he is a total moron and his cast of flunkies doing the filming are not exactly Nobel Prize material either

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
On the YouTube page the guy says he has no insurance or something and tongue in cheek he says he is his own doctor.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
Actually that looks like a Brown Recluse spider bite. Do a search on them and you will see. Being a former Orkin employee that is what first pops in my mind. The Recluse's bite will actually eat the skin away!

Thank you.

I couldn't see the videos for some reason but I suspected that by the reactions to the wound it had to be a Brown Recluse.

Don't rush to debunk every single thing as fake, there are many creatures in nature that can make your skin literally crawl.

Take a look as a few nature shows, one lady got bitten by the Brown Recluse and her body still hasn't recovered months later due to an allergic reaction that made the devastating effects of the bite even worse.

I always try and avoid the Recluse.

EDIT: I haven't seen the video (which wont play) so this guy could be faking I wouldn't know but if you want to see what a Brown Recluse can do just Google it.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe the guy figured he could pop it like a huge zit. Damn, if i had no health insurance i would rather do that then spend years paying off the thousands of dollars that doctors took from me!

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I had the exact same thing on my elbow a few years back. Not quite as large but close. At first I thought it was an itchy mosquito bite, then it felt like a zit, then got much worse. It lasted about two weeks and was painful, hot and puss filled just like the picture. Funny thing is I had a smaller one about a month later on my knee. . . Some spider in my home had it in for me. Thankfully I have never been bit like that since. If anybody ever gets this. I found that my friend's antihistamine inhaler lessened the swelling.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I definetly should of seen help.

I disagree.
The fact that you are alive and well proves that you didnt need to see anyone. So you had some pain and some scaly skin. Big deal.

Now if you had a lump on the back of your neck like the guy in the video had on his chin, I would have said go see the doctor.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Now if you had a lump on the back of your neck like the guy in the video had on his chin, I would have said go see the doctor.

Pfft, that guy isn't even dead yet, so he's fine as well. lol.
Aside from the chin puss-diarrhea droop stuff.

Did they update the video or what?
Last time I checked it it stopped before the bloody droop stuff came out.

[edit on 11/8/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There was some botfly pictures on the net a while ago that were exactly what they said it was - Snopes investigated and found it all checked out.

And, do you people think that they would be poking people WITHOUT anaesthetic?!?!? C'mon, have YOU ever had something done without pain relief? I doubt it very much, its the standard method and would be used even in Africa if necessary, but most people find Botflies after a trip.

There are also worms that live in water that are really long and white that infect people in the water they live in, which have to be pulled out slowly over several days UNTIL all out otherwise it will snap and go nasty and you'll get gangrene.

Even eyes can be anaethnetised: WARNGING GRAPHIC PICTURES:

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Note, I'm not saying he had any anaesthetic at HOME, but he could have taken some Advil or something or as many said, he might have a high tolerance to pain or could have bought some dodgy non-prescription medication. Saying that, I got bitten by a standard house-spider in the UK and it hurt like buggery and I had flu-like symptoms for about four days that were terrible. Some people just have allergic reactions. In fact, the doctor told me that if it had bitten my other half, it might have been a lot worse (because she's allergic to many things and I'm not).

Guinea worms where what I was thinking about in African water, they're worms that are long and unpleasant.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by ejsaunders]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Note that he also does seem to be squeezing it excessively hard and is getting blood in the mix as well as pus, although on the against pile, I have NEVER seen pus that is that wet, but the squeeze to pus ratio is good (in that he's squeezing it like an actual piece of himself and is getting a reasonable amount of pus but has to move to a new area to get more - a prosthetic would just dump it out like squeezy cheese because there would be one central area, a normal area would be made up of many pockets and fatty tissue and so forth.

The general size of the shape doesn't go down either, since swelling is the cause, if it were prosthetic, it would look more deflated and empty. I don't think its a spider bite however, it looks more like some sort of bad infection.

He is also bleeding excessively by the end, as I would have expected. The 'worm' could merely be a collection of dead skin, bateria and white blood cells, since it almost rips in one part, I don't think its a worm of any kind.

I love strange skin pictures, this is NO problem for me at all. I'd have used a scalpel and gone across the lump personally, but, meh that's just me.

Are both from the same family? Because they sound EXACTLY alike, the woman sounds the same and the same Asian man is also in both, but they've swapped roles. Hmm, now I'm not so sure. The hair on the lady's cheek is also outta whack in the second shot, like its covering an edge and the lump came out far too easy, at least in the first there was bleeding when it was removed, this second video shows no evidence of bleeding after removing a necrotic plug.

[edit on 11-8-2007 by ejsaunders]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
I will have to vote 'boil' on the dude's chin. My sister and i both have had experiences like that with boils. She had one on her leg, and i had one on my shoulder. They leave scars. The part that comes out of the center, that looks like a worm, or parasite, is called, the 'core.' It is very painful, and will bring a tear to your eye, but generally doesn't require medical attention.

Yeah, boils are terribly painful... Like I said, I still have a scar on my arm where I once hasd a boil... I received a shot that dissolved the boil before it became too large.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
There are also worms that live in water that are really long and white that infect people in the water they live in, which have to be pulled out slowly over several days UNTIL all out otherwise it will snap and go nasty and you'll get gangrene.

On an interesting side note. You know the staff and worm symbol of just about every medical association? Yeah, thats the worm you just mentioned. They would use a stick or something to twist the worm around, pulling it out bit by bit over several days, just as you said.

Just thought it was an interesting anecdote.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i had a bite very similar to that on my rear end a couple years back. Nothing more disgusting then to see that gooky flesh just squeeze out of the bite. God, how awful I remember it being. I still have a purple scar from it. The spot where I was bitten is caved inwards. Pretty painful when trying to be in school
I was so embarrassed to be bitten on my ass that I never sought medical attention. Thankfully, I didn't really need it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
Here is a ;ink to what a Recluse spider bite can do
urbanlegends.about.com...
WARNING!!! Not for the squeamish!

Wow! Never seen anything like it before!

From the first video, its definately not a spider bite. Spiders lay eggs, not larvae (And certainly not from their mouth). It could be, that a sick fly layed an egg afterwards, but I find the changes pretty small.. I'm not sure about bot fly either. THe larvae looks too smooth, and, well, the 'boil' is pretty damn large which usually doesnt happen with bot flies AFAIK.

Probably just some other larvae producing insect that has stung him..

[edit on 12/8/07 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I definetly should of seen help.

I disagree.
The fact that you are alive and well proves that you didnt need to see anyone. So you had some pain and some scaly skin. Big deal.

You didn't see this bite. I looked like I got bit by a rabid vampire. Remember, it scaled over for a few year or so. That is not normal.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by nixie_nox]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
For all those who insist that the guy should be in immense pain;
Once an infection progresses far enough it no longer causes pain, most nerves in the general area will have become necrotic along with the rest of the tissue.
Kind of more a good toothache than "ZOMG MY FACE".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join