It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of spider can cause a bite this nasty?!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My friend had the exact same kind in his knee and it wasnt as bad as this but almost. It squirted all that nasty looking puss out too. I almost puked when I saw him do it.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Come on down to Australia for your holidays.
If the sharks don't get you and the Crocs don't eat you and the snakes don't bite you - then check your shoes in the morning......

www.termite.com.au...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
For all those who insist that the guy should be in immense pain;
Once an infection progresses far enough it no longer causes pain, most nerves in the general area will have become necrotic along with the rest of the tissue.
Kind of more a good toothache than "ZOMG MY FACE".

Oh, there is intense pain. More like a excruciating, cramping feeling after you squeeze the wound. I know from personal experience.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I had a job welding when I was in 21 in a place that had LOTS of spiders and things. Well, one day I say this little bump on my leg, and it looked kind of like a pimple. Well, in a short span of three days this thing blew up jus ike what you are seeing in the video and pics. There is also a small "object' that is taken out. Except there was nore tissue damage and it left a HOLE man. A HOLE. It healed over but it is a large and odd scar.

I was alos bit on the elbow and stomach, all of these occuring within a few days of each other. It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I have 2 quarter sized scars on my stomach and thigh, and another on my elbow. Needless to say the garage where we worked was soon fumigated.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sounds exactly like what bit me too. I wonder if there is anyone on this board with entomological or medical knowledge to diagnose the species of spider. From what I researched when I was bitten the venom did not seem to act like a flesh eating venom (such as with a brown recluse) nor was there a fever (black widow). Any speculations?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There are a few other spiders that are out there that can cause sever dermalogical damage, but what I went through I would never wish on anyone. When I drained the one on my staomach, it honestly looked as if someone had a tube of toothpaste and was shooting it out.

It was explained to me that it was a spider bite, and all people have a different reaction. The worst part was that for the next year I was very, very susceptible to boils due to infection because of my lowered immune system. Each time I got a cut or a ingrown hair it would turn into a crummy boil-type wound, not nearly as bad as the bite though.

There is slight fever that accompanied the bites I had, feeling like flu like symptoms and NO energy. The scars are horrible.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I doubt it is a spider bite, they don't normally cause such pronounced infections, unless the spider was extremely dirty or crap got in the wound.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
dude i remember when my dad came to visit from his trip down to new orleans, he came up and had like this big bump on his arm, it looked like a tiny volcano lol...but it looked exactly like that thing in the video, i think he said it was a bug that bit him...crazy stuff and nasty

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That was really discusting to watch. It was reckless from the person in the video to play with it like that, you never know what might happen. I guess for americans without health insurance, this is what they do. I think it's still better to go to the hospital, and pay for treatment, for safety, and also to avoid creating a big scar.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by Atlantix]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmanuva
I doubt it is a spider bite, they don't normally cause such pronounced infections, unless the spider was extremely dirty or crap got in the wound.

The washroom he was operating in didn't look very sanitary. He was jamming the scissors down the sink. No doubt he was picking at this thing for a while. Maybe that is why it got so grossly big.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have to admit after seeing this the other day my life changed. I had never seen anything that nasty, and I have a twisted sense of hummor. I sat in awe for like an hour with the video on repeat......this and the video of the worlds largest scist being poped, which this thread led me to find, are the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I may never smile again.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
About a month ago I was bitten several times by a spider. The bite spots had swelled, were hard and very painfull. The one bite, on my index finger caused my whole finger and down to my knuckles to swell. It stayed hard and painfull for about 10 days, then started to drain. The stuff coming out of the bites on the vids is the thick puss that drains, it includes the venom/toxins as well as your bodies cells. Shortly after the painful draining and swelling a black scab forms, later falls off and well, it's over finally!
Don't squeeze them as the toxins will spread!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody gave the information I am about to give, and I am too lazy to read everybody's posts. Sorry, but I'm honest.

Anyway, yes, certain bites can result in this type of damage. And, yes, a Brown Recluse is known for doing just that.

It is due to a combination of venom, and bacteria in the bite. It causes necrosis, (where the skin and tissue dies) of the tissue, "hollowing" you out. My father was bitten, and had to have a bunch of tissue removed from his chest and armpit.

The thing that looks like a parasite being pulled from these wounds is probably "gauze packing". With injuries like these, wear healing has to begin from the inside, and work it's way out, you end up with a pocket in the tissue, especially if necrotic tissue had to be removed.

It can take months for some of these to heal. In the meantime, you end up with a pocket in your flesh, as you wait for it to heal up from the inside. As this happens, the pain can lessen, but you may have to keep packing the wound, and then taking it out, and putting fresh packing back in.

In the NJ/PA area, there is a large bug called a Wheel Bug, that, although it moves slow, and has a proboscis instead of jaws or fangs, can cause the same symptoms as a Brown Recluse. The wound can take months to heal, and has been described as 10 X as painful as a bee sting.

You would be surprised what is right in your area. Hehehe. I like that you are scared.

Pleasant Dreams.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Just in casee you were wondering...the stuff coming out is a softer gauze-like tissue used to treat and draw poison...not a worm and definitely not fake...probably a little pain...with a bite like that, he was also on pain killers.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
AAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!
The necrosis around site made me think brown recluse immediately. Good fake job, maybe.
Did I say I HATE spiders!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I too hate spiders, but I usually try not to kill them and place them outside if they invade my living space. After looking at the one of the links - I think I even took a full grown brown recluse out of the garage last week.

Though I've never had any nasty bites like we see in this thread, I did once get bit by something while camping. It had got into my sleeping bag and the next day I had the fang marks in about 10 places that followed a vein on my leg. They hurt a bit not much but itched like mosquito bites but hurt when scratched. The bites itched/hurt for about 10 days - unlike mosquito bites that last about a day.

I hate bugs because they eat us. I think that would be the ultimate torture - being eaten alive by bugs - just thinking about it gives me the willies. Probably better than water boarding.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
I too hate spiders, but I usually try not to kill them and place them outside if they invade my living space. After looking at the one of the links - I think I even took a full grown brown recluse out of the garage last week.

Though I've never had any nasty bites like we see in this thread, I did once get bit by something while camping. It had got into my sleeping bag and the next day I had the fang marks in about 10 places that followed a vein on my leg. They hurt a bit not much but itched like mosquito bites but hurt when scratched. The bites itched/hurt for about 10 days - unlike mosquito bites that last about a day.

I hate bugs because they eat us. I think that would be the ultimate torture - being eaten alive by bugs - just thinking about it gives me the willies. Probably better than water boarding.

Sounds like you might have had an assassin bug of some kind, taking a drink out of you.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I'm calling Franks Pest Control. 40$ and no more spiders. (I should NOT have watched those spider bite vidios... I was already 'uncomfortable with spiders' as it was.) Snakes - no problem. Rats, mice - nothing else bothers me but spiders and wasps/hornets.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I kind of like spiders. I wouldn't touch a huge one like a tarantula or a camel spider but their cool. I like there habitat and how they are great hunters and how they have 8 legs.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That is just terrible to look at...almost made me sick...I did not even finish watching...had to turn it off right away

My cousin was bitten by a brown recluse when working in an attic. It was really bad. The flesh around the bite became infected and started to die. He was hospitalized and and it was very serious. Don't mess around with spider bites, get medical attention asap.

Really gross video

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join