It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared Moon Images

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1234567
regarding where to look and on what dates....obviously full moon or near full....

I'd suggest a half moon. That'll give you some good shadows to give you some depth perception of the crater rather than photographing it at high noon.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear
I posted this photo of the airport on the farside a few weeks ago g[/IMG]

I analyzed the photo a little bit more, sometimes the eye doesn't see things that are there. With a combination of some filters we can see this:

We can see clearly that those 4 "dots" are all the same and share even the same symmetric (look at the last picture). On the other hand you can see their alignment:

Outposts? Towers?

PS: For those who say "yeah its a manipulated picture, ..." - yes it it - but the filter isn't changing anything, just colors. It's adding more color to dark spots and taking away color from lighter spots. It's hard to explain, but it's not changing the picture at all.

[edit on 13/8/07 by absente]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have found a telescope near me.....in Germany, Heppenheim. They have a vareity of telescopes, and their biggest is (i think) and 0.45m Newtonian Reflector. I dont think this will be big enough though to get the detail we will need here on ATS. However, the director this place works in my area so i will be contacting him very soon to find out if we can use their kit....at least for starters.

Here are some Moon images they have taken with their telescopes. Now i am assuming there have been no "Airbrushing" on these images.

I think we will need a telescope size of around 1m for best results.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
1234567, absente I admire and applaud your spirit and drive it makes an old armchair conspiracy theorist like me feel humble.
I wish you every success, you would have earned it.
Keep us posted now yer hear.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
1234567, absente I admire and applaud your spirit and drive it makes an old armchair conspiracy theorist like me feel humble.
I wish you every success, you would have earned it.
Keep us posted now yer hear.

Thank you very much Sherpa, we will try our best.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente
[I analyzed the photo a little bit more, sometimes the eye doesn't see things that are there. With a combination of some filters we can see this:

Arent they called 'craters' or is that too simple a concept?

Why do you go for the most far out explanation before looking at the obvious?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

John,

Are there any quality photos of Aristarchus before they started the Space program in the 60's? Is this when they built this facility? If so, surely there have to be some sort of pre-program photos?

Aristarchus has been obscured or 'whited out' ever since photos of the moon have been published for the public. This is a photo of Aristarchus taken on December 8, 1938 by the Lick Observatory with its 36 inch telescope:

This facility was built a long, long time before that.

hm, that means the most believable photos are from 1938 then?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Originally posted by 1234567

I have found a telescope near me.....in Germany, Heppenheim. They have a vareity of telescopes, and their biggest is (i think) and 0.45m Newtonian Reflector. I dont think this will be big enough though to get the detail we will need here on ATS.

Yes, it will be fine. .45 meters is 45 centimeters which is 17.7 inches (2.54 centimeters to the inch).

Here are some Moon images they have taken with their telescopes. Now i am assuming there have been no "Airbrushing" on these images.

It would be hard to tell from these photos as they are thumbnails. Maybe you could ask to see an actual print or hi-res of Aristrarchus. That would certainly separate the wheat from the chaff as far as what they were willing to provide.

I think we will need a telescope size of around 1m for best results.

Peace.

Yes, 39 inches would rival the Lick Obsevatory for resolution and clarity but far too expensive and complex. Right now a 16 inches would be adequate to clearly see the fusion reactor at Aristarchus, the 'Colossus' at Prom. Agarum, antenna complex at Endymion or archeology row north of Ukert.

Here is a Clementine hi-res of 'Archeology Row' north of Ukert. It is a city or remains of a city the size of Los Angeles. Ukert is the crater that looks like an equilateral triangle. Archeology row extends from its right to the top of the photo. Whoops, never mind. There seems to be a glitch in the resolution.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Damn...a colour Clem image, and more blue lights, what are those.

I want some, are they available somewhere on the net John, the images I mean ?

Incidently I am just beginning to realise Russian images are rarer than hens teeth, getting something from Luna 16 would be good, but it would probably be edited.

I found this thumbnail from Luna 16, a shot of the Moons surface which I found interesting in colour.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by sherpa]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sorry image source below:

www.mentallandscape.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

Craters in the exact same size and form? I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Sorry image source below:

www.mentallandscape.com...

Excellent site Sherpa. Best site on Russian photos I've seen.

Here is a photo from Zond 3. Look carefully and you will see some amazing structures:

If you look at the 3:30 position on the horizon of the photo above you will see what is enlarged as the image below. The size of this biliding or structure or whatever it is is about 40 miles in length and about 15 mile in height. On the left hand side of this object and what appear to be 3 huge tanks or cylinders all of different sizes. They appear to be placed or sitting on a ledge or step.

For those of you having trouble finding the structures on the photo here is one I made with circles around objects that don't seem natural. The circular pad in the lower left is part of the spacecraft.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Craters in the exact same size and form? I doubt it.

You may doubt it, but the probability of it being meteor craters or even caldera, is 10 million times more probable than it being man or alien made.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You may doubt it, but the probability of it being meteor craters or even caldera, is 10 million times more probable than it being man or alien made.

Maybe you are right - maybe I am. Let's wait until we photograph it, we don't have to argue about things we don't know for sure. Deal?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Chorlton would you please show the math for the "ten million times more probable". Thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
John,

any news from your friend about the telescope? Whats your opinion on the "craters"/"outposts" ?

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Chorlton would you please show the math for the "ten million times more probable". Thanks.

Most certainly, immediatley after you show concrete proof of your 'SoulCollector' Thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good grief these things are massive, Zond 3 thats 1965 ,imagine what we could see if it was one of the later orbitors with better cameras.

Aw.. you gone and done it again John, Definately not natural, and I would lean towards alien.

I would love to see these things in more detail, but than again wouldn't we all, have you been sitting on this one or is it another one I have missed, it hasn't come from that website I posted, although I am sure I can match the cylinders in one of the frames.

You havn't been trading secrets with them Russkies have you ? if you have trade some more only this time get images from Luna16 at ground level that would be awesome.

Got to have more time to look at this but so far I am impressed, thanks for sharing John.

Oh...by the way I think you missed one.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What the heck is that BIG white circle on the bottom left of these images...?

John you say its a spacecraft. Alien ? Its seem to be HUGE...and in this its seems to have moved....or taken off !!!

Peace.

P.S - Great site there, nice one, and some amazing images from the Russians.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

have you been sitting on this one or is it another one I have missed,

You missed it Sherpa it has been posted at least 3 times in the "John Lears Moon Pictures.

Oh...by the way I think you missed one.

HOLY MOLY!!! What is that thing? Do you think it is attached to the thing I circled below?

Here is another two I missed (green arrows):

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join