It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared Moon Images

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by James Random

Understood.

The anonymous poster who revived the thread did though.

Though a link to the Hubble photo had already been posted in this thread I posted the Hubble photo inline "just in case".

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Understood.

The anonymous poster who revived the thread did though.

Though a link to the Hubble photo had already been posted in this thread I posted the Hubble photo inline "just in case".

Indeed. The Luna Mystery is interesting though.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage...I posted the Hubble photo inline "just in case".

Well, ahem, Hubble would be hard pressed to spot an array. Same spectral line, totally different function and architecture.

And I am imagining little robots spinning out carbon fiber strands and glass support towers...

But I digress. For all we know it is just a fresh hole.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

OK. How about this version.

A composite of a range of wavelengths, from ultraviolet to visible. Still no structure.

I know. I know. That crappy low resolution from Clementine is way more reliable an indicator of what's really there. Either that or the dog (NASA) got to this one too. It's all a sham anyway so what the hell is the point?

Just can't win for losing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It just looks so...so much like a natural parabolic reflector...

And no, you still wouldn't see an array, not unless it was powered up. If there were something there, not definitively saying there is, but the likelihood of it being one of ours is... slim to none? The time frame is the stickler.

But the universe is not stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

Now if you could help me build a ship that can cross the 8th dimension, perhaps we'll be getting somewhere...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Now you're just being unreasonable. The images clearly indicate that there is nothing there. Photoshop confirms this (I know it sounds mad) but it has methods of contouring images and the contour results I got back from the image I cleaned up showed that it was, indeed, just a crater.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Allright JR, are you kiddin' or what?

Unless you can spot a hair a block away with binocs, I seriously doubt humble Hubble can get a lock on any hypothetical carbon fiber strand...

But that was for kicks. Speculation, ideas to kick around, to explain the periodic brightening which is revealed in the spectral band as Cherenkov radiation.

A reactor? An array? Both of these produce Cherenkov radiation. Could it be possible there are exotic electric storms taking place inside the crater?

If you have a better explanation, then let it be known. I for one will not settle for anything short of going there to see for myself, as I believe no one really knows why.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

But that was for kicks. Speculation, ideas to kick around, to explain the periodic brightening which is revealed in the spectral band as Cherenkov radiation.

Documentation of confirmed Cherenkov radiation observations in Aristarchus crater. Please.

While Cherenkov radiation is predominantly in the ultraviolet, the ultraviolet imagery of Clementine, Hubble, and Earth based telescopes seems to indicate the presence of titanium oxides in the crater ejecta, rather than Cherenkov radiation.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

just as a side note:
that image is not really there. that's a model.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Certainly!

'Course the mods eliminated some of the pics and links, but it is still there.

I have been thinking, since the Moon's gamma spectrum intensity is greater than the Sun (as seen from Earth?), could the gamma rays be exciting radon gas on the crater floor creating the Cherenkov radiation? It would go a long way to explain all the other little blue lights....

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

I asked for documentation of Cherenkov radiation being observed in Aristarchus crater. A post from Zorgon does not constitute documentation.

That post speaks of ultraviolet emission spectra. Both Hubble and Clementine recorded reflected radiation. It is erroneous and futile to use emission spectra to analyze reflected radiation.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well then, kind sir, we have nothing to worry about, as Zorgon's references are not acceptable to you.

I have a cosmic ray to catch, so I must bid this thread farewell for now.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have recently been viewing the site after just discovering it Since looking into UFO info after seeing some VERY strange events a few months ago. I just wanted to add a few comments, I realise this thread is getting old, but for people like me who stumble across it for the first time it doesn't hurt to bring it back to life.

Firstly for all the people there are no high res images of the Aristarchus crater... here you go:

img.photobucket.com...

Pretty damn detailed if you don;t mind me saying so.

Secondly I would like to add that I am a graphic designer by trade, and know most of the tricks when it comes to digitally editing images, there are some VERY suspicious images out there that CLEARLY show some ares disguised. It is incredibly simple to remove an artifact from images, yet some appear to be so terribly done you really have to wonder why they have not been done properly.

The arguments in here simply contradict themselves. If you think NASA (or whoever else) is skilled enough to have faked the entire inner crater of this image, with the overlapping construction grids and lines from the compositing software, yet argue you can see ' bridges' and 'buildings' in the jpeg artifacts of images it's just crazy.

Yet it is quite clear that this crater has some unexplained phenomenon linked with it. However to say that it is some form of nuclear reactor and that the entire moon is in fact hollow and made by aliens then dragged here is plain delusional!!

There is some genuinely fascinating information on this site with regards to things that have clearly been covered up by the governments of the world, but insane ramblings like this drag this site down into just another joke. Damaging the research, discussions and work that can truly be put into finding out the truth behind some of these topics.

I mean in no way to bash this site, as it has some truly amazing info, and I plan on getting a lot more involved in some of the investigations. Put for the sake of everyone in here, please keep the delusional ramblings to your self unless you have something (anything!!) to back up some of your claims.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Nuclear reactors would need a cooling tower as on earth.
The simplest of earthly knowledge seems to disapear with
Moon walking wannabes.

Hot spots might be cause by radiation of lower AW compounds
lying on the surface.

If anything is worth while on the moon it might be taking off
surface compounds.

Lithium compounds in rocks found out west are used as hand
warmers. Now thats hot radiation. The rock heats from normal
radiation.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>