It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

www.onelocalnews.com...
A deputy then found what he thought were explosives in the 2000 Toyota Camry and called the bomb squad. Technicians confirmed the devices were pipe bombs and destroyed them, according to sworn statements in the arrest warrants.

They had pipe bombs. I do not think an EOD unit will mistake a pipe bomb for M-80's. A county sheriff, but not an EOD guy. They were destroyed. A joint state-federal investigation is under way to see whether there is any terrorism connection.

CAIR spokesman Badier, who also defended the Al-Arian brothers who were connected to Palestinian jihad, states that this is a simple misunderstanding.

The FBI are searching the homes of the arrested and securing video from the suspected Wal-MArt where they bought the stuff to create the explosive devices.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I will admit Grover that things dont seem right but thats been the mo of homeland security. For example, The University of Oklahoma bomber who they say wasnt connected to terrorism but had converted to Islam and had terror related manuals in his dorm, He tried many times to get in that stadium with that bomb during the football game. The Arab guys in Michiagan caught with thousands of pre-paid cell phones and where trashing the chargers for them, Whats all that about? The many explosions at Oil refineries, I know some are just accidents but what has it been one or more a month. Ive just about given up on trying to understand D.H.S because I think more and more that they have been put in charge just to screw things up for us.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When the story comes from the cops, it is automatically suspect. They have one agenda only; arrest and convict. That is IF you get due process anymore. A few comments on posts above:

All parts of South Carolina have legal fireworks; it makes no difference where you are in the state. However, there is no such thing as ' randon searches ' unless you are a patsy who does not know their rights. you NEVER give consent to a search, ever. Ask any attorney.

You do NOT start talking to cops and asnweringf their questions; it is a game to them, crafted to get you to give up your rights and allow them to dominate and search you. Refuse every time; if they step over the line, sue them. Cops have NO RIGHT to demand conversation, and cannot deduce from lack of talking that he has probable cause, no way. Once you start the game, you always lose. The cop will say that you looked nervous; who can refute that? Most people are nervous when confronted by armed men with bad attitudes demanding answers and ignoring rights.

Cops will use ANY flimsy , sorry lie to get probable cause: putting a laptop away!!, Loking directly at them ; looking away from them, etc. You cannot win, it is rigged to get them probable cause and that is that. The ONLY thing to do with cops is make NO statements, do NOT be drawn in to answering ANY questions; just give your papers and license and shut up. That tells the cop that you know your rights and no doubt have an attorney handy to file a Federal civil rights lawsuit oif he crosses the line with you. The cop is left with an empty bag: trying to convince a judge that your refusal to chat or' cooperate' , whichj is your right, is sonehow suspicious enough to warrant a search is going to be hopeless.

This case is all about scary headlines to whip up fear and get the sheepies used to more and more loss of rights. It will turn out that these guys were just doing some exotic firewoks stuff like we all do now and then up here in the hills and it will blow over. Lets see the pictures of the ' pipe bombs ', bet they are good for a laugh!!

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
BUMP BUMP BUMP

I live in Tampa and the FBI seached the home of one of the suspects. They confiscated several items according to a local TV news report.

Link:
www.abcactionnews.com...

Megahed and Mohamed, both USF students, were arrested Aug. 4, when authorities stopped the men for speeding and the material found in their car was detonated.

They were driving through Goose Creek, S.C., to vacation at a North Carolina beach, their attorney has said.

No federal charges have been filed but investigators are still looking into the case, said Berkeley County Chief Deputy Butch Henerey.

Don't know what to make of this. It seems to indicate the FBI thinks it's more than just some fireworks.

regards..kk

[edit on 12-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
So you guys are still trying to spin this as some Muslim bombing brigade huh.
Yeah the kid said he was making pipe bombs...atleast the article said that the cops said that the kid said that he was making pipe bombs.........

And kids who make pipe bombs and then travel to another State are so normal and well adjusted? I mean everyone does that don't they?.

I don't know the whole story yet, none of us do, but 2 Muslim college kids making pipe bombs for no apparent reason and then traveling to another state for no apparent reason just makes me nervous and suspcious. Call me old fashioned that way.

Anyway you cut it, its not normal behavior.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have yet to see anything on the network news outlets about this.

Was it stated ANYWHERE that these were Muslim men? People of Mid-eastern origin are Muslims, Jews, Baha'i's and Christians, and there are still a few ancient pagan sects like the Azali's out there as well.... just look at Lebanon... how may religious sects is it divided into? Dozens!

What does it mean if it turns that they were just two bone headed Arab Christian college students?

Think about it. Remember they originally attributed the OK bombing to an Arab and look who it turned out to be.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by grover]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
HEre are a few other tidbits about these 25 y/o children.

1. One's parents live in the Tampa home of a very close friend of theirs, who is connected to Al-Arian , who is connected to the PAlestinian jihad. This residence has been searched.

2. One was arrested and charged with another middle eastern man, his roommate, for shooting squirrells in a local park

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Some of the top people in the Palestinian struggle are Christian.... true most are Muslim, but not all.

I am just trying to point out some assumptions here.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I have yet to see anything on the network news outlets about this.

Was it stated ANYWHERE that these were Muslim men?

Here.

www.abcactionnews.com... aspx?content_id=55f2ab10-4fb2-40d8-8c2e-09aab814a344

Youssef Megahed and Ahmed Mohamed were charged last week after police said they found pipe bombs in their car during a traffic stop in South Carolina.

On Friday, Megahed's parents met with their son in jail. They brought him a prayer rug and a copy of the Islamic holy book, the Quran.

That's usually enough for me to call them Muslim, you may differ however.

The link is from earlier in the thread, doesn't seem to work well. Just look for it.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
OK... since I have seen nothing on the network news about them I did not know. Yep sounds Muslim to me... still could be just a couple stoners from college too.... they certainly looked like it in their pix.... I know a stoner when I see one.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This link works OK for the printed story:

www.abcactionnews.com...

Here is a link to a local news report on video regarding the family:

www.abcactionnews.com...@wfts.dayport.com&navCatId=3

This IS NOT the same story that aired today regarding the search of the house. It was stated in that story that a computer, gas can and pipe were taken as evidence.

Will update if I get any new info.

regards...kk

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
2. One was arrested and charged with another middle eastern man, his roommate, for shooting squirrells in a local park

Humm, my husband shoots them in our backyard and he has not gotten arrested yet . . . ooops I forgot almost everybody here in the the south like to shoots squirrells and many will eat them.

Now I will love to hear what they found in their houses.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
LOve ya Marg....
Malvo did the same thing with that kid. That is all I meant. The one kid is living in a home connected to a known terrorist and the other is here on a supposed visa. suspect

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OK, for those interested, below is link to local news story on video about the FBI "raid" of the home.

The actual home owner discusses the situation with reporters.

I actually don't know what to think. The home owner seems genuine and has been here for 10 years, nary a run in with the law.

www.abcactionnews.com...@wfts.dayport.com&navCatId=3

Regards...kk

[edit on 13-8-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
It was stated in that story that a computer, gas can and pipe were taken as evidence.

Will update if I get any new info.

regards...kk

is that all it takes?
i have all those things in my garage..i have two computers in my house.
all sots of different sized piping and things like that..i probably have 10 coffee cans full of nails(aka shrapnel)...
a gas can..yeah, i have a few of those too in different sizes.

as to the guy getting arrested for shooting squirrels, that don't mean a damn thing....my little bro is 13 and just got busted(had to go to court) for shooting squirrels with his airsoft gun at the metroparks.

this is why i get worried.

these days, if you have pipes and gas cans and you have a record, you're going down...especially if you are olive colored...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
this is a friggin witch hunt man...they searche this dudes house and took ANYTHING that culd maybe possibly be used for something.
in the video, they took a cell phone that was not his and took the pipe from the garage. the home owners kid said it was for sprinkler repairs.

this is a bunch of crap imo....
these dudes are done now cause the gov can say whatever they want...

they're gonna be labled dissidents or some damn thing...

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
this is a friggin witch hunt man... the home owners kid said it was for sprinkler repairs.

That really got to me too. My shed is full of about 5 gas cans. I live in Florida and they are for my generator. I also have a bin full of various pipes, galvanized, stainless steel, pvc for various home repairs and boating. Wire, don't even go there. Simple everyday items.

Don't even get me started on the Camera Ban in NYC. Do you know about that?

Regards...kk

P.S. I dig your avatar. It took me awhile. Gangs of New York right?
I loved that movie.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
yeah, gans of new york.

if you go into my garage and WANT to find things made for making bombs an poo, you will.
when i bought this house my brother and law left me with a garage full of tools, gas cans, spare wasers, nuts, bolts, nails, all kinds of tools, gas cans, etc....
i got wire and all kinds of stuff.

the gov can turn this into anything they want to now...these kids are already done and it has not even started yet....

buncha crap but hey, they are out there keeping us safe eh...

i also like how the video says they were going to SC for NO REASON....maybe they wanted to go. felt like taking a drive. wanted to go get some serious fireworks to stuff in their pipe..

didn't know people needed a specific reason to visit other states and cities...
now i know

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It seems that these two students are less that 6-degress separated from some rather questionable people.

12402 Pampas Place just happens to be the address of a home that had been rented previously to WISE (World and Islam Studies Enterprise), one of two groups founded by convicted jihad supporter Sami Al-Arian, who was a professor at University of South Florida–the same university that Megahed and Mohamed attend.

One of the names tied to the address is FBI Most Wanted terrorist Ramadan Shallah.

Records show the owner of that house is Sameeh Hammoudeh, a co-defendant in the trial of Sami Al-Arian. Al-Arian is the former USF professor who was acquitted on most charges of funding terror-related organizations. He pled guilty to one count of conspiracy to provide services to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

Investigators searched a car Saturday that records showed is registered to Noor Salhab’s son, Ghassan Salhab. Neighbors say he and two other men are the current residents of the house that was raided.

Link Here

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There are fewer degrees of seperation than you jsut stated, but everyone seems to think that these guys are innocent kids with pipebomb fireworks just speeding across the country having a holiday listening to Perry Como records.

Both of them including their families have KNOWN and court proven ties to terror. I would also defend my children and tell eveyone that they are perfect but something, something here to me is similar to the Oklahoma university bombing. There is proof but no one will cover it and it will fade away.

Then, 2 years from now when a dirty bomb goes off in Salt LAke City, the Democrats can once again blame the GOP predecessor for not doing enough and more than likely cite cases such as these.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join