It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
esdad... I share your concerns. However, this isn't a Democrats v. Republicans issue. Please don't attempt to make it so.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
still say it's a witch hunt...

mirthful, i don't really know what you edited out but ok, whatever.

as far as the 6 degrees of seperation to 'questionable' people, that really means little to me.
first, what it questionable? i think that definition keeps changing.

hell, any of us could be 6 steps to questionable people and we might not even know it.

either way, i could be wrong and very well may be BUT, i like to not persecute people before we have all the info. seems that many in here were convinced they were some terrorist kids from the first report when the local yokals and the feds didn't even know what was going on.

people heard olive skin, a laptop*gasp* and had a pipe and it was automatic persecution....
evidence was handled rather poor in this instance. i think the probable cause the officer stated is poor too and all in all, why these kids may not be angels, whne they come out of this, they will be 'islamic extremists'

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't need a warning about bipartisan blame. I am making a point as to what can and has happened. You know it is true. ABle Danger is a conspiracy nuts wet dream but there is alot more to it than meets the eye and we all should know that. HOw about some comments about your feelings on these guys after new information has come to light?

this is a great quote

Jassim Aldeen, President, USF Muslim Students Association:
“He is not the type of person that would involve himself in any sort of terrorist activity and it is beyond a doubt in my mind that whatever was in the trunk was certainly not explosive devices.”

www.sptimes.com...

Another thing is they cannot seem to pin down the age of the older one. I also like how the CAIR spokesman continues to state it was jsut a road trip with some pip..er...fireworks in the trunk.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
It seems that these two students are less that 6-degress separated from some rather questionable people.

Records show the owner of that house is Sameeh Hammoudeh, a co-defendant in the trial of Sami Al-Arian. Al-Arian is the former USF professor who was acquitted on most charges of funding terror-related organizations.

Link Here

Sorry jtma508 but please check your facts before you perpetuate any more terror-mongering and false statements.

The above claim as to who owns the house is incorrect according to:
www.tbo.com...

The house is owned by Noor and Ana Salhab, according to the Hillsborough County property appraiser's Web site.

The homeowner appeared on camera in a link I provided before. He has been here for 10 years and NEVER broken the law.

The national terror alert website looks like a far-right neo-con sham and anyone who believes Michelle Malkin is a racist.

I live in Tampa so I am pretty close to all of this.

regards...kk

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Didn't mean to perpetuate fear mongering. Hence the link. I'm glad it's untrue.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Speaking of getting facts straight, there were 2 addresses being discussed KK.

Agents raid Temple Terrace house, seeking ties to arrested students

The search took place at 12402 Pampas Place in Temple Terrace. ~ According to the Hillsborough County Property Appraiser, the residence is registered to Noor Salhab.

But even though he owns the house that was searched Saturday, records show he and his wife live in a house nearby at 6004 Soaring Avenue.

Records show the owner of that house is Sameeh Hammoudeh, a co-defendant in the trial of Sami Al-Arian. Al-Arian is the former USF professor who was acquitted on most charges of funding terror-related organizations. He pled guilty to one count of conspiracy to provide services to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

[edit on 8/13/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Who is the mystery roommate from Mauratine?

He arrived in Tampa recently and departed Tampa right after the arrests.

FBI seizes computers, store video in bomb case

Ishtay, who rents a Temple Terrace house and works at Boston Market, said he met Mohamed and Megahed through a roommate. He said he didn't know the roommate's last name, but he was from Mauritania.

Another of Ishtay's roommates, Ghassan Salhab, 27, said the man from Mauritania moved here from Canada recently and returned there Monday.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Speaking of getting facts straight, there were 2 addresses being discussed KK.

Good find. So for the record the house that WAS searched WAS NOT owned by the co-defendant in the Al-Arian case. However, the owner of the house that WAS searched resides in a house that IS owned by co-defendant in the Al-Arian case.

Thanks for clarifying. A tad confusing.

I am in no way defending these guys, just seems like a weak case. I mean if there was an immenent threat, you'd think they wouldn't have waited a week. Just seems odd.

regards....kk

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Quote KK
So for the record the house that WAS searched WAS NOT owned by the co-defendant in the Al-Arian case. However, the owner of the house that WAS searched resides in a house that IS owned by co-defendant in the Al-Arian case.

Thats a confusing way of putting it, but that does appear to be correct.

However, the 6004 Soaring Avenue house was searched 2 years ago during the Al Arian trial. Noor Salhab lives in and rents it from Sameeh Hammoudeh. Sameeh Hammoudeh was forced by the Gov to agree to leave the country permanantly because of the Al-Arian trial in which he was a co-defendant.

By the way, if you think Michelle Malkin is racist for posting links with the above information about the 2 houses, you don't even want to read all the links that Atlas Shrugs posted about the people associated with the 12402 Pampas Place. The list is too long to post here but here's a bit.

12402 Pampas Pl, Tampa Fl 33617 a search of this address reveals a total of 15 names from 1985 to 2001. A veritable Who's - Who's in the International Terrorist Community are found:

Ramadan Shallah

Tarik Hamdi

Interesting also that Noor Salhab was one of the witnesses for the Al Arian trial, and that Noor's sons car was also searched.

Of course, all this is still circumstancial at this point, with no hard evidence coming to light that I know of, yet.

[edit on 8/14/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nice find makeitso.

Even though there is not much public being released, the Onion layers are being peeled back and even critics must admit that there is more than what meets the eye when you start looking at the layers. Coincidence and targeting Muslims just for the sake of them being Muslim. Sorry I disagree. Wouldn't two white or black students with pipebombs and some circumstantial links to terror related people receive the the same? Stop making apologies for their actions like "everybody makes pipebombs, why pick on the Muslims" line of arguement. No, not everyone makes them.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry, but there is more evidence here for reasonable doubt than there is in all the 9/11 coincidence threads that there are on this site. Remember it was 2006 when those kids got on a bus on Tampa. It was the same CAIR spokesman who came out and said it was a mistake. How can 2 men in their 20's getting on a school bus be a mistake. It was a dry run to see what the reaction would be and it was atrocious.

It is in front of us, eyes wide shut is how the nation looks at it. If this was a white guy in a black neighborhood or a black kid in a white neighborhood with a car full of pipebombs and other ingredients, they woud be charged with hate crimes and made a racist. There is NEVER a reason t ohave pipe bombs in your trunk unless you are in a James Cameron movie and aliens are invading.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
today is the 17th of Aug, Friday morning at around 6:30 AM,
the local talk radio here in Murrells Inlet SC

the host was saying there are reports that the 2 university students
stopped on a backroad near GooseCreek more than a week ago,

and being accused of carrying bomb making elements
is most likely going to be dismissed
investigation has not proven that the components they had in the car
was anything more than fireworks.

there are probably news releases out there which i cannot access now, this talk radio host (@WRNN) is pretty well on the level...but the report he made must be considered 'hearsay' until there is an official police/FBI determination made.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
the 2 university students
stopped on a backroad near GooseCreek more than a week ago,

Hmmm. Imagine that.
Where are all you skeptics now?

Oh wait, here I am.

Esdad saying there is more to this story than the litany of 911 lies.
I wonder just how open your mind is.
Guilty until proven innocent, thats the American way.

Hey what was on that laptop computer? You know, the one that the passenger shut so he could focus on the cop?
You know, the laptop that contained all their Al-qeada connections?
You know, the laptop that contained directions for turning bottle rockets into PVC pipe bombs?

Sometimes I wish I wasnt right all the time.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
www.sptimes.com...

It is the FBI stating not to jump to conclusions, and that is it. Sounds like a cover up to me no matter what happens. Shouldn't be so full of yourself there bud.If you want to deny the connections that these kids have, that is your business, but a quote from a spkesman is far from dismissal jsut yet.

The investigation is still continuing. If it was really fireworks, would they not have dropped the charges by now?

[edit on 17-8-2007 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well all Homeland security has to do now is change the charges for conspiracy made them enemy combatants and send them to Guantanamo.

The Government win and two terrorist will be now put away, America wins!!!!!!!.

What a joke.

Beware foreign looking people, you may be a target on America war on terrorrrrr.

Pitiful really.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thanks St. Udio.

It looks like the rumor is fueled by an FBI statement yesterday. The last sentance of the statement is what is being focused on by the media.

The FBI would like to remind everyone that this is an ongoing investigation and there is the possibility that the publicly reported allegations involving the students may be proven to be false.

Everyone seems to surmise that they must not have found any hard evidence from the chemical analysis and the searches, if its possible that the charges may be proven false.

I also would have thought that the chemical analysis results would have been back by now, and clearly shown that either they were pipebombs, or not.

When asked about the FBI statement, the S.C. local Sheriff said that the proper charges were made, and that they are appropriate. He added that they were going to continue with "the path toward prosecution".

On the 16th it was reported that Megahed now has a lawyer , and has requested a pretrial hearing, but the court has not scheduled one yet.

All in all, the case is still about as clear as muddy water IMO, [shrugs] but then again, what do I know?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

well imagine that....people getting all freaked out over nothing, cause it possibly, maybe, could be something, maybe......

people round here(the whole country) are certainly fast to assume guilt these days....

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Update

blogs.abcnews.com...

Looks like they told the trooper they had explosives when first pulled over. Most of the stuff is Model Rocket related.

Two Egyptian nationals stopped for speeding in South Carolina Saturday evening were carrying precursor chemicals, used in improvised bomb-making as well in as model rocketry, lengths of plastic pipe and twists of hobby fuse, and model rocket launchers, according to investigators. .....
In addition a can of gasoline, PVC pipe, four hobby store brand rocket launchers and hobby store brand fuses were found, investigators said. The four PVC pipes contained an unknown substance. Also taken into evidence was a laptop computer, a GPS unit and Trac cellular telephones. The laptop computer was sent to the FBI lab at Quantico for analysis

Still kinda odd in my opinion. Need more information. Why were they going so far to shoot off "Homemade rockets" with PVC pipes with "unknown subabatance". How do the authorities not know exactly what is in the PVC pipes?

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Seems that their day is court is coming soon. Hopefully all the evidence that is presented will help with this issue and all of our questions.

www.sptimes.com...

USF STUDENTS WILL GET HEARING ON SEPT. 21

A Sept. 21 court date has been set for a South Carolina judge to hear evidence against two University of South Florida students. Ahmed Mohamed, 26, and Youssef Megahed, 21, were arrested Aug. 4 in Goose Creek, S.C., after a deputy reported finding "several pipe bombs" in the men's car trunk. The men have been held in the Berkeley County jail since their arrest. Bail for Megahed was set at $300,000. Bail for Mohamed was set at $500,000.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Sorry jtma508 but please check your facts before you perpetuate any more terror-mongering and false statements.

EVIDENTLY, the above exhortation is NOT to be followed with regard to Michelle Malkin:

The national terror alert website looks like a far-right neo-con sham and anyone who believes Michelle Malkin is a racist.

I have found Michelle Malkin to be very valiant in terms of DENYING IGNORANCE; DENYING LIES; DENYING the NWO a free pass regarding it's BS.

Thankfully, she's very much more interested in THE TRUTH wherever the chips may lie . . . than in PC hogwash.

She's also not at all racist herself nor are the bulk of her patriotic conservative fans.

She is rather ruthless about the truth. That offends a lot of sensibilities.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join