It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Another mysery, Another day...

Or another Middleasterner, another mysery.....

Gee, my youngest son looks middleastern
I worry about him when he's not clean shaven!!! I mean, he could be mistaken for someone who wants to kill us all!!! Imagine the horror!!!

Meanwhile back at the ranch, my middle eastern cousins' husband has been stopped at Hoover Damm for a thorough "inspection" traveling with 2 screaming kids and the wife. Ah!!!! The things we give up just for the sake of this war on Terror!

But we know we've been protected, dont we.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That was sarcasm om my post about a Caliphate. Sorry about that, but a strong Muslim influnence is beginning.

As far as profiling, many times I was pulled over bieng a white guy in a black neighborhood after 11:00 when I used to take a good friend home late from work. I mean, honestly, the only reason a person is there, 9 times out of 10, is to buy drugs.

We need to look at the true story and stop branching off. Do the Links to USF and Tampa that I posted mean nothing or are you brushing it away? Can we afford another mistake to be made like 9/11?

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
After some more research, seems that they are USF students.

where did you get that research? friggin 3 pages page when i said as much and so did several others?
it's on the last page too.

you really seem to me like you want this to be something...i unno, call me crazy...
after some research, they went here and then.................

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

As far as profiling, many times I was pulled over bieng a white guy in a black neighborhood after 11:00 when I used to take a good friend home late from work. I mean, honestly, the only reason a person is there, 9 times out of 10, is to buy drugs.

We need to look at the true story and stop branching off. Do the Links to USF and Tampa that I posted mean nothing or are you brushing it away? Can we afford another mistake to be made like 9/11?

only time a person is there after 11pm, is 9 out of 10 times to buy drugs...
you were that 1 time out of 10 that were taking your 'good friends' home from work.....come on man.......

lets look at the true story.....coupla college kids got pulled over for speeding. they apparently tried to hide or dispose of a laptop. they had either fireworks or explosives. the stuff was detonated before they knew what it was. that had model rocket 'parts' or whatever it was...
local yokals flipped.
locked down the highway for 10 hours.
they face a bond hearing in 30 minutes.

the links you posted IMO, mean nothing...
sounds to me and like you really think this is something...

sticking to the story, why?
cause the school they go to? skin color? age?
what

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Take it for what you will. I gave links to 'known' information and terror organizations and still after it has been released that they had bomb making materials you concede they had fireworks. I am not here to convince or change minds, I am here to try to provide additional information which I did.

Answer one simple ass question...why hold someone on explosives charges when it is legal in SC to have fireworks? Please answer that...

I live in St. Pete, across the bridge from tampa, and that is my concern. Your government is not out to get you, but there are others that are.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by esdad71]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i don't know why they do what they do.
does all 'explosive elements' fall under the same scrutiny? they don't even know what it was yet...they could have 'detonated' model rocket crap, or gunpowder, you know, fireworks...

i don't care where you live as per this discussion. i grew up in st pete, right off 50th ave and 22nd street and took the causway over to tampa almost daily....that means what? nothing

edit* ps: how can they even charge them with having explosives if they don't know what they had?

---Police say the men told them they had fireworks. DeWitt says the officers had reason to believe the material was not fireworks.

Officers detonated the material early yesterday morning. DeWitt would not identify the material, some of which is being analyzed by the FBI--
-----------------

what are explosives? c-4? wildcate firerackers or an m-80?

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So if you grew up in St Pete, tell me what a white guy would be doing at 16th st S and 9 th ave S any given night??? Selling bibles???

Be aware, not afraid. Hell, ny always told me to do that when I went into the city (NYC). It is common sense. However, too illegal immigrants carrying explosives does not sound right to me. I guess to many of you this should just be pushed away.

the last time the US did that, turned the other cheek withour further research was Able Danger, and look where that got us.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Exactly, you are immediately believing the men over the officers. However, why would you hold someone on charges of having fireworks when they are legal in that state.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

GOOSE CREEK, South Carolina (AP) -- Two men were detained after police found a suspicious item in their car during a routine traffic stop near Charleston and detonated it, authorities said Sunday.

A bomb squad robot searches a car on U.S. Highway 176 in Goose Creek, South Carolina, Saturday night.

The men, who had been stopped for speeding, were being held pending a charge of unlawful possession of an explosive device, said Berkeley County sheriff's Lt. Vince Lombard.

Lombard would not say what the device was or what bomb technicians from neighboring Charleston County exploded about 2:45 a.m. Sunday. The item made a loud bang, similar to a firecracker, when it was demolished.

No charges had been filed as of Sunday afternoon, Berkeley County Chief Deputy Butch Henerey told The Post and Courier of Charleston for a story posted on its Web site Sunday. The sheriff's office would not comment to The Associated Press.

Authorities closed a mile-long stretch of U.S. Highway 176 at about 7 p.m. Saturday, and federal officials said there was "no immediate threat." It reopened at about 4 a.m. Sunday.

Goose Creek, South Carolina, is home to the Naval Weapons Station, which houses the U.S. Naval Consolidated Brig, a military prison where enemy combatants have been held.

The car was heading west, away from Goose Creek, when it was pulled over about 7 miles from the sprawling Navy facility, Lombard said.

An FBI spokesmen said no more information would be released until Monday.

Goose Creek, with a population of about 30,000, is about 20 miles north of Charleston.

This is what is currently being said on the CNN website.... NOTHING need I stress NOTHING about them being mid-eastern and that no charges had been filed. Granted it said as of Sunday afternoon, but it is Monday afternoon and it has not been upgraded. SO... where does the mid-eastern connection come in? I don't see it here.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thats strange Grover, your article quotes the AP, not CNN.

Here is part of CNN's actual article.

GOOSE CREEK, South Carolina (CNN) -- Two men faced state explosives charges Sunday after police outside Charleston, South Carolina, found what a law enforcement source said was a bomb and bomb-making material in their car during a weekend traffic stop.

"They're going to be formally charged tomorrow with state charges by the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, and those charges will involve explosives," Berkeley County Chief Deputy Butch Henerey told CNN

The law enforcement source, who insisted on anonymity, said the materials included at least one bomb and a number of bomb-making elements, including chemicals capable of being used in the production of bombs, fuses and igniters -- small gunpowder charges used to ignite some explosives.

Police identified the men as Yousef Megahed, 21, and Ahmed Mohamed, 24, neither of whom is a U.S. citizen.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 8/6/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So if you grew up in St Pete, tell me what a white guy would be doing at 16th st S and 9 th ave S any given night??? Selling bibles???

^^^^^^^dropping their 'good friend' off of course....i can't lie. when i was in highschool, i used to ride around down there just to see how fubar it was....still man, just cause you see a white dude in a black neighborhood don't mwan you're buying drugs.

However, too illegal immigrants carrying explosives does not sound right to me.

^^^^i look at it like 2 college kids that had 'something' since it was blown up and they don't know what it is....all in perception i guess.

i still think it could go either way. i am just willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The last time I gave anyone the benefit of the doubt I got ripped off

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Exactly, you are immediately believing the men over the officers. However, why would you hold someone on charges of having fireworks when they are legal in that state.

first, i already said i don't know.....the possibilities are endless.
want to get into it? what is 'legal' in reguards to fireworks. up here, you can go to the fireworks store and buy them. this 4th though, i was busted and got bent for fireworks that were not even mine...apparently, you can buy and sell them here, just not light them off.
i don't know what the laws are there and if they were from florida, maybe they didn't either.

i don't too much believe what the cops say cause i think they are lying turds for the most part...there is a good one here and there but i fear the cops more than those 2 kids.

why does people get charged with anything? who knows what they were doing with the fireworks and the model rocket stuff. ALL that has to factor in as well as these coppers attitude to what they 'think' they saw and heard from the 'olive people' with a laptop.....
just my opinion

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
.... NOTHING need I stress NOTHING about them being mid-eastern and that no charges had been filed.

Yousef Megahed, 21, and Ahmed Mohamed, 24, neither of whom is a U.S. citizen.

^^^^^that, plus their being from the mideast. one is from kuwait...i forgot where they said the other is from.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The last time I gave anyone the benefit of the doubt I got ripped off

you could say the last time i trusted the cops i got 'ripped off' too

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thats a pretty big bond for fireworks!

According to USF, Megahed is a 21-year-old civil engineering grad student who studied as an undergraduate in Cairo. Mohamed -- who turned 26 on Sunday -- is a permanent U.S. resident who has been at the school since 2004 but has not declared a major.

Bond for the pair was set at $500,000 Monday. Their next hearing was set for October 5.

USF confirms bomb suspects are students

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is a weird article.

Authorities: 2 men had pipe bombs near Navy base in S.C.

By BRUCE SMITH
Associated Press Writer

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. --Two Middle Eastern men arrested near a Navy base after authorities found what they said were several pipe bombs in their car were charged Monday with possession of an explosive device, authorities said.

Ahmed Abda Sherf Mohamed, 24, admitted he made the pipe bombs from items he bought at Wal-Mart, according to an affidavit with his arrest warrant.

"Definitely this is not related to terrorism," said Bedier, of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. (CAIR)

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Their bond amounts wouldn't be set anywhere near this high ($300K & $500K) if the government didn't take the risk posed by these men seriously. Unless their families are quite rich, it doesn't look like these guys will be bailing out anytime soon.

They may not have a links to known terrorist groups, but I think it could be quite likely these are do-it-yourself lone terrorists.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
They do not assign a bond like that to guys with model rocket parts and fireworks. Glad they found these morons.

The mouthpiece for CAIR has a history with the defending the Palestinian jihad/Tampa ties with this guy..

en.wikipedia.org...

or his brother in law Mazen Al-Najjar.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

They do not assign a bond like that to guys with model rocket parts and fireworks. Glad they found these morons.

and you think i'm not?
when the facts/evidence starts to pour out, of course i like to see things get done BUT, i try not to condem people before i know a fair bit...

i'm not perfect but i try....for me, when we first started talking about this, all the what if's were not enough for me

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join