It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives

www.abcnews4.com

Goose Creek - Berkeley County police pulled over a vehicle in a routine traffic stop near Meyers Road and Highway 1-76 around 6 p.m. The vehicle with Florida tags was driven by two men of Middle Eastern descent. Inside police found explosive devices. Highway 1-76 near Goose Creek has since been shut down. In addition to the FBI (website) , authorities from Goose Creek, Berkeley County, and South Carolina Law Enforcement Division are on scene. The Charleston County bomb squad has also been called.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Link:

www.usatoday.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Police: Pipe bombs found near Navy base

Authorities investigating terror link; 2 Middle Eastern students charged

www.msnbc.msn.com

MONCKS CORNER, S.C. - Two men found with several pipe bombs in their car near a Navy base were charged Monday with possession of an explosive device, authorities said.

A joint state-federal investigation was under way to see whether there was any terrorism connection but no link had been found yet, said FBI spokeswoman Denise Taiste.

[edit on 6-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The FBI is on the scene. No further details were available and there is nothing on the major network news web sites at this time.

This is all I have to report so far. I had just flipped the TV on and CNN comes on as the default channel (thanks to my Time Warner cable box). I'm surprised I haven't found anything on-line yet.

www.abcnews4.com

[edit on 4-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i'd like to see the story but you didnt leave a link!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Charlston Local News

Bomb inside vehicle (according to story in link above).
Hwy 176 shut down.

Hopeully its just firecrackers.

[edit on 8/4/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good find makeitso. Thanks to you I no longer think I was hallucinating...

This supposedly happened around 6:00PM EST and it was just breaking at 10:00PM. Nothing on MSNBC or Fox News either.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It says the found what they believe to be a bomb. I guess they don't know for sure yet...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Another local report.

Berkeley County police pulled over a light colored van in a routine traffic stop near Meyers Road and Highway 1-76 around 6 p.m. The van with Florida tags was driven by two men of Middle Eastern descent. Inside the vehicle police found explosives. Highway 1-76 near Goose Creek has since been shut down.

In addition to the FBI, authorities from Goose Creek, Berkeley County, and South Carolina Law Enforcement Division are on scene. The Charleston County bomb squad has also been called. Tune in tonight at 11 for details live from the scene.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No offense to south carolinians here but what is there to blow up in south carolina? And how come all of these things are being found by terrorists mistake but yet on 9/11 they were flawless.

[edit on 8/4/2007 by racerzeke]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Third Local report

Agents deployed a robot and pulled what looks like a duffle bag from the trunk.

Lombardo also said information from an investigation in another jurisdiction raised the suspicions of the deputies.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Charleston is a Major Port and there are military bases there.

The Port of Charleston consists of five terminals. Three are on the Harbor and the other two are on the Cooper River just north of Charleston's bustling harbor. The port is ranked number one in North America by Supply Chain Execs. Port activity, behind tourism, is the leading source of Charleston's revenue.

Charleston, South Carolina

Charleston Air Force Base

Naval Weapons Station Charleston

[edit on 8/4/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
yes this sounds scary

NOT.
I bet it is fireworks or some other relativly harmless device.
BUT just to be safe we better shut down both lanes of travel, and clear out atleast a 50 mile radius.
You know, just to be safe.

Its a good thing the feds are all over this.
You know how us brave Americans love to be kept safe.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
Charleston is a Major Port and there are military bases there.

Would that be one of the major ports we sold to foreign investors?

And honestly, is there a state in the union that doesnt have 'military bases'?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Live 5 News
(843) 577-6397
Send your questions about Charleston news stories to [email protected]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Should be interesting, hopefully for the sake of all the money spent in responding to this its not just a duffel bag full of fireworks, since everybody and his brother in SC seems to keep a metric ton of them on hand to let off every weekend.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
THey found explosives....and a duffle bag. Where are we getting fireworks from? Are we to think that our law enforcement officials would actually call in the FBI for a roman candle and some black cat firecrackers?

MIddle Eastern men, Florida tags, explosives in a car...yeah, they fit a profile including the guy with the failed MIllineum attempt.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
THey found explosives....and a duffle bag.

Um, just to be clear, they found explosive devices.
But your right, the duffle bag is incriminating.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

THey found explosives....and a duffle bag.

Um, just to be clear, they found explosive devices.
But your right, the duffle bag is incriminating.

Just what is incriminating about a duffle bag? I own about eight of them, and my wife uses them for laundry bags sometimes.

I bought mine at a flea market, where they sell like hotcakes.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Bravo, I am not fear mongering, I am simply stating that they would not shut down a highway for voer 5 hours so for on suspicion of fireworks. I mean, we can agree on that, right?

As far as the duffel bag, maybe it has cash in it, maybe it has socks. However, you were in the military. Would it not be something pretty suspect to raise a flag to want bomb disposal to come out that they must have seen, or maybe the way the gentelmen were acting?

Hopefully it is nothing but interesting none the less....

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Should be interesting, hopefully for the sake of all the money spent in responding to this its not just a duffel bag full of fireworks, since everybody and his brother in SC seems to keep a metric ton of them on hand to let off every weekend.

I live in SC and I have no fireworks

The Carolinas are also huge military states, as mentioned above you have the port in Charleston and also SC is home to about 7 nuclear reactors. None of the reactors are in the Charleston area, however if coming from Florida you would have to go through Charleston to get to the ones in the Florence/ Columbia area (2 reactors there)

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Hopefully it is nothing but interesting none the less....

You're right.
You know I like you man.
Sometimes I just type stuff to move the conversation along, and perhaps make you think about things you hadnt thought about before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join