It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two "Middle Eastern" Men Pulled Over in SC with Explosives (Updated)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I bet it's Mossad...if it were Arabs, I think the media would be all over it with a specific nationality description.

...And my theory gets stronger if this story just kind of "goes away".

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I live in South Carolina! There are quite a few Nuclear plants in this State.

Also, Barnwell use to be the dumping ground for all the Nuclear waste in the country at the beginning of Nuke plant boom in the US. Maybe they were headed there.

I think the distance between Chbarleston and Barnwell is something like 111 miles.

What I am thinking though is that they picked the explosives up in Charleston and were taking them back to Florida!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Newsflash on WND- Seems it was Bo and Luke Duke in the General Lee were helping to move plutonium ot the local jihadis....

There is alot of military in that area so maybe it is just caution...

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I live in SC also, a number of interstates run though SC. I-20 to ATL, I-95 which goes from florida to up into new england, (I-40 i think) going through part of NC, tenn., kentucky. This van could have been going anywhere.
Besides the previously mentioned possible targets there really is nothing in SC that a van full of explosies would be effective to use against. Just tourists everywhere and a van full of explosives wont stop the canadians from frying on the beach and drowning in the surf.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What about that fancy new bridge in Charleston, huh? What better way to undermine confidence in the gov't than to have that one go so close in time to that incident in Minneapolis?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Originally posted by esdad71
THey found explosives....and a duffle bag.

Um, just to be clear, they found explosive devices.
But your right, the duffle bag is incriminating.
Ha! Nothing like a duffle bag to scare the bejeesus out of us!!!

Next!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

What about that fancy new bridge in Charleston, huh? What better way to undermine confidence in the gov't than to have that one go so close in time to that incident in Minneapolis?

Ive walked on that bridge....itll take a lot more than a van load to put a dent in that bridge.

[edit on 4/8/07 by Pfeil]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The FBI is saying there is no immediate threat.

The highway is still closed after 7 hours and no word on when it will reopen.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Did you read all the posts dg?

Now this link hosted.ap.org... tells us that explosives were found and local police are no longer part of the investigation. I would guess it is not fireworks.

Now, this area is the home to a military prison that houses enemy combatants as well as A Naval Weapson station. So, coincidence or not it is worth the time to me to make sure that nothing is out of sort.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is turning out to be a major non event. CNN was all over it for about 30 mins. kudos to them.

How exactly, I wonder, did the officer determine that there was explosives in the car? Did they have sticks of dynamite just sitting out in the open? From what I read it was a routine stop. I wouldn't think that there would be anything suspicious enough to warrant a search although duffel bags and middle eastern men down south may do it for some skiddish officers.

Most likely this news will get washed away along with the new episodes of Saturday night live to never be remembered again.

Unless they blow something up...of course...

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
here we go again... ???

this reminds me of this, anybody remember this?

www.scoop.co.nz...

i betting on israeli.. and i also bet this will dissapear very soon.

read the link, i had 3 others saved but they were news sources and now are removed.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Inside the bag they find
the briefcase that was in pulp fiction
or in reservoir dogs (the one Mr.Pink used to carry the diamonds)

[e] spelling

[edit on 8/5/2007 by EvilBat]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Yep saw this as soon as CNN came on. Just gonna stay tuned and see what comes up, from reports from CNN or the FBI themselves. Not wanna jump to conclusoins, as the reports of "Two Middle Eastern Men" sounds very stereotypical of a presumed "terrorist" so i aint gonna say anything yet till more info comes out.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I bet it's Mossad...if it were Arabs, I think the media would be all over it with a specific nationality description.

That was my first thought. "Middle Eastern Men" is neocon-speak for "we'd rather not tell you they're Israelis."

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Just an FYI. Mossad in not Arab or Muslim.

Mossad is Israeli Mossad

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

That was my first thought. "Middle Eastern Men" is neocon-speak for "we'd rather not tell you they're Israelis."

I don't know where you can make a statement like that and not have anything to back it up. Usually the American mainstream media does NOT tell you that someone that committed a crime or was suspected of committing one was a "person of Middle Eastern Descent" or "Muslim". They don't want to report anything that would reflect negatively on the "Religion of Peace" because they fear they will be beheaded! Ok, that was a little exaggerated. They fear that America will wake up and realize that "not all Muslims are terrorists, but MOST terrorists are Muslim!" Its time to quit searching little old ladies at airports and start "profiling". To hell with political correctness!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Luckily I wasn't downtown having a Guinness at Tommy Condon's. It would have sucked to have been listening to this news report and having to worry about someone driving around with explosives. Charleston is a great place and i'm glad this situation is under control since I like partying there, I mean visiting...lol

I really like the way they describe the people who were pulled over, can you be anymore vague? Might as well said they were from Cecil County Maryland and were driving a farm tractor. I hope they release the info on what happened and keep the rumors under control.

If it does turn out that they stopped a major attack then i'll be super happy, but i'm thinking that they wouldn't have shut down the road for that long if they didn't have a good reason. Maybe it took that long to get the bomb squad people out there on a Saturday afternoon. That seems way more realistic then anything else, but what do I know...lol

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

"Middle Eastern Men" is neocon-speak for "we'd rather not tell you they're Israelis."

:shk: oh brother.

You've all missed the most important part of the story . The fact is that this took place not too far from where enemy combatants were (are) sometimes held. THIS is why GITMO must stay open. THIS is what will happen if GITMO closes and the terrorists from the war are brought into America. Their terrorist buddies will bring bombs and terrorism into the towns where their fellow terrorists are and it will raise the danger level for everyone.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

"Middle Eastern Men" is neocon-speak for "we'd rather not tell you they're Israelis."

:shk: oh brother.

That wasn't much of a rebuttal Flyers, but I'll still take it as an opportunity to illustrate the type of biased, story deep-sixing I was alluding to. And note the final disposition of the suspects. No GITMO for these fine fellows, eh?

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
yes it can't possibly be Muslims, even though they hate us and have good reason at the moment! It must be....the JEWS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join