It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaeda Web Ad Threatens 'Big Surprise'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Originally posted by wrangell76
Hmmm...Unless I am blind and not seeing it, did anyone notice that the photo of the "SUV in the motorcade" is not included? I wonder who's motorcade the SUV was in??? I will have to do some searching and see if I can find this video anywhere on the net...

The link to the video is in the ABC news article in your first post.

Just below the third paragraph the link says:
See the Al Qaeda Web Ad Captured by ABC News

Here is the direct link to the video

Here is the SUV. I note the back window is greyed out, no license plate, and I'm not sure about the vehicle make, or the location. Is that a bridge or a building in the background?

Very interesting photo and thanks for posting it.

You know, that looks like a Stadium in the background...What is up with the side window and what is that reflection (A light pole?)... I wonder if this car will be parked somewhere soon with something not so great in it.... that kind of makes me worried...

Mod edit: fixed missing quote-tag

[edit on 2007/8/3 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I spent a lot of time making fake images when I was younger and something about that truck looks totally wrong. First of all, the rear window is obviously covered but the side windows don't look right either. There is almost no space between the reflection and the roof. But an explorer (which this looks like) should have about 3 inches of black plastic between the glass and the painted roof.

Then there is the color, I don't know many cars that are painted "overcast grey" or if Ford even makes cars in such a dismal and depressing color. The shading on the rear taillights makes it appear to be a very bad low-polygon 3d model of a Ford Explorer because I think they should be more rounded in appearance.

An Explorer should also have a roof-rack on top or at the very least some creases in the roof for strength. Instead we have more "undifferentiated grey." I wonder if this means that they are hiding everything about this Explorer, except the fact that it is an Explorer, because the color could be used to thwart the attack.

I am also left wondering if this is a frame from a 3D mock-up of a terror attack for training and coordination purposes. If the history channel can make computer recreations of the JFK motorcade, why can't Al-Qaeda make computer pre-creations of a terror attack involving multiple cars on multiple routes?

Jon

[edit on 8.3.2007 by Voxel]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Very interesting...the whole ad or warning or whatever it is makes me think of that mockumentary "Death of a President" that came out last year for some reason.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yes, very odd picture. I agree it looks like a rather mediocre CGI image. The left side rear window is overlayed with a strange graphic, and the drivers window has a very thick black line surrounding it. The reflection from the rims seems off as well.

The picture is fairly small and low quality, but it definitely looks heavily doctored and is most likely CGI. It would be much easier to tell for sure if we had a bit higher resolution image.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Good discussion so far guys - keep it on this track

My question is about Presidents Bush and Musharraf - are there any meetings between the two of them in the pipeline? If not then perhaps simultaneous (or near-simultaneous. One may be targeted first and also act as a signal for the others) attacks are the plan?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker420
Very interesting...the whole ad or warning or whatever it is makes me think of that mockumentary "Death of a President" that came out last year for some reason.

Eerie...I thought of that very same thing...Didn't they say that in that junk docudrama it would occur in October 2007? I can't remember the details...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I honestly hope that those of you who think Al Quaida has become powerless are right.

Unfortunately I am afraid that you are wrong. It really doesn't take somethink as intricate as 9-11 to cause devestating losses here at home.All that it would take is a few well organize cells to do enough to caus a massive death count, mass panic and virtually paralyze our country.

There is already much speculation that the cells are already here and are preparing for attacks. Lord knows that with our pitiful border security that it would not have been difficult for the terrorist to already have most of the necessary players and munitions in place.

I hope that it's not got going to reach the level of the suitcase nukes but ther is also very little to convince me that it is not possible. IMHO we are very much at risk.

I would be suprised if they did not pull off something yet this summer.

Unlike many posters I feel that the only involvement of our govt is their total ineptness to protect us.

I sincerely hope I am wrong about this, but I think it's more a matter of when than iff.

I am also curious what the rest of you feel about an attack being imminent

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have heard that AQ gets jacked all the time in the black weapons sales..lol.....Gun runners take the money then either 1 dont supply anything or 2 turn them in and collect twice...They are hated by even most muslims right now. Between the crooks and the SF hunting them down I imagine the only big suprise will be another "scary" video
This winter when SF moves into W Paki the news for AQ will be bad.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
I have heard that AQ gets jacked all the time in the black weapons sales..

I've heard that we lost 250,000 AK47's, can't account for a quarter of a million assault rifles.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And I just read in the news the other day there's another 150,000 of them that were given to Iraqi security forces that they now can't account for. That's nearly half a million assault rifles we've 'lost' in Iraq. Lost a couple TRILLION from the DOD recently as well. You don't just loose half a million assault rifles, a case of 'em, sure, a truck load, yeah maybe...
And then you get stuff like this...
1 Billion Dollar Scam Arming Iraq With Junk
I don't think AQ has to work very hard to find arms or funding.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Meh, what's new? America will be hit by another attack at some point. The invasions of Afganistan and Iraq have most likely set in motion plans for an attack bigger than 9-11. Remember it took 8 years from the original attack on the towers for there to be another one it's only been 6 since the 1st invasion. Just be prepared to deal with it when it happens, and don't let your 'leaders' take your remaining freedoms. I worry for the American people, i really do.

I remember hearing how bin laden said that they really didnt expect the towers to fall like they did.. Case in point being that osama himself didnt expect the 911 attacks to be as large as they were... I really think theyre going to have a hard time 'showing up' there last attack unless they get just plain lucky agian on dumb luck. Its pure speculation at this point. i for one would be in favor to nuke all there hideouts in the ME if one or more dirty bombs is activated in big citys here in the US.. you could be right about it rivaling if not surpassing the 911 attacks...then again....maybe not.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76

standing in front of a burning White House, was posted on the Internet today...

I think it's an important puzzle piece.

A number of Christian prophetic voices have been ramping up the prayers for peace vis a vis summer 2007 for a long time.

And, now we read that Syria has reportedly post poned their planned attack on Israel until the first half of November.

And a number of us still expect at least 7 USA cities to be nuked almost any time . . . the NWO puppet masters give the Jihadi's the go ahead.

A number of Biblical prophetic scholars believe that the next Biblical prophecy of major proportions to be fulfilled is the Ezekiel war against Israel . . . wherein Israel is threatened within a hair's breadth of utter destruction but God intervenes supernaturally and thoroughly trashes her enemies. We shall see.

There's plenty of indication that the next major conflict will erupt into a global war . . . perhaps also involving ET. Certainly involving Russia attacking the US's East Coast and China attacking through Mexico and the West Coast. Check out Dumitru Dudamun's dreams and visions about such.

www.pressie.org...

BTW, there seems to be a huge percentage of folks hereon who will evidently, likely take some glee in contemplating such destruction on the USA. Warning--Scripture is quite clear . . . the punishment of the reaping what such destructive forces have sown . . . would also be assigned to those applauding it even if only in their hearts.

In any case, these are times to be earnestly praying . . . as well as preparing one's hearts, family, food shelves . . .

Scoffers will . . . find little to scoff at quite soon enough whether it's this fall or off still in the future a bit longer.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
wrangell76, sorry to tell you that not many members care about any warnings. Some will just claim "you are just trying to scare them", and will whine and complain about giving warnings about terrorist attacks.....

Anyways, on my part I thank you for posting this.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
its alright no need to worry. just get jack bauer in and he'll sort them out!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Not much to add, except I think there is SOMETHING significant about the SUV pic, but not sure what that is.

Like others have said, looks like a mock up. The SUV doesn't look like a real truck. The tires are way too clean. It actually looks like a pick up with a cap rather than an SUV.

The reflections may be significant, but very hard to make out.

There's definitely some bad Photoshopping going on there.The whole vehicle looks like it's been given a "digital paint job". The reflections look added, especially the back side window.

Interesting...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'm fed up with this mentality that we're in some part responsible for the atrocities that these radicals committ against innocent civilians. We didn't even respond to the attack on the USS Cole, yet they followed it up with 9/11. So what does that tell you about your theory? They're going to try and kill as many Americans as possible whether we invade the entire Middle East or just bury our heads in the sand in fear.

Good Lord, your ignorance astounds me! Do you really believe that the attacks on the US are in no way the reponsibility of US foreign policy? How anyone who has read even tabloid news could think that is quite simply beyond belief.

If you really want to know why people 'hate' America, then look at your own words. You have sucked in the Bush agenda so far that you actually do believe that extremists are trying to "kill as many Americans as possible". Get your arrogant head out of your arse & open your eyes to the atrocities that have been commited by the US for decades in the Middle East, their unending support for Israel even in the face of many times more breaches of UN security council resolutions (one of the reasons given for going to war in Iraq), Gunatanamo, torture flights landing in Europe ... wake up. The US must accept responsibility for creating the current 'war on terror', which amounts to nothing more than a war on freedom of thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Truth of the matter is that 9/11 was an inside job and the real terrorists are still sitting inside the white House and Pentagon. That pic of the Van looks photoshopped by the way

I love Americans but not the Administration that's for sure !!! Wake up Americans, it's already getting too late to get back your real freedom.

Get rid of all those currupt and murderous terrorists inside the USA. !!!

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Quote from blogs.abcnews.com

There is no additional information provided in the ad, and it closes with the words, "Soon -- God willing," written across the screen and repeated several times.

From what I counted in the video clip that phrase was shown three times at the end. Reminds me of other recently released videos (of which I can't find links to immediately...will go search some more).

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherhalf
From what I counted in the video clip that phrase was shown three times at the end. Reminds me of other recently released videos (of which I can't find links to immediately...will go search some more).

I think it was the last two AQ videos where on both occasions a phrase (unique to each video) was repeated three times in a row

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

I'm fed up with this mentality that we're in some part responsible for the atrocities that these radicals committ against innocent civilians. We didn't even respond to the attack on the USS Cole, yet they followed it up with 9/11. So what does that tell you about your theory? They're going to try and kill as many Americans as possible whether we invade the entire Middle East or just bury our heads in the sand in fear.

I don't think many Americans think that we're responsible for the atrocities of AQ. Having said that I do believe that most if not all Americans recognize that by invading Iraq, we threw more fuel on the fire, so to speak. 9/11 was only the second step in their plans for terrorist attacks against the US, on American soil, IMO; the first step being the original bombing of the WTC in 1993. They might have left it at that except for the invasion of Iraq, then suddenly they were given a "reason" to escalate their attacks against American interests here and abroad.

I also don't believe for a minute the propaganda fed to us by the CIA & FBI that AQ assets and resources are seriously degraded. If anything they are stronger and more resourcefull than they were before. They don't even have to actively recruit anymore; now, the recruits seek out the recruiters, so itchy are they to hurt America and Americans. When AQ makes a video claiming that an attack is imminent, then I believe it because they always follow through on their threats, always; Sometimes not as quickly as expected because the longer they wait to actually attack the higher the level of fear and anxiety in their proposed victims.

If AQ says we should prepare for a "big surprise", I think we are in for somthing bigger and more devastating than 9/11. I hope I'm wrong, I really do but I don't think I am.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You are correct, Muppetus. (Computer problems, can't link OR quote now).

This last video seems very wrong to me for all of the reasons already discussed. I usually don't pay too much attention to them, but this one caught my eye. It's different than the usual rantings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join