It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaeda Web Ad Threatens 'Big Surprise'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
wrangell76, sorry to tell you that not many members care about any warnings. Some will just claim "you are just trying to scare them", and will whine and complain about giving warnings about terrorist attacks.....

Still a little bitter from you J. Aviv post? Time to move on...if you notice not a single poster on this thread is calling this a crock, unlike other threads that have 2 year old information. That might be the qualitative difference.

This is an important point to address though. I don't believe the overall sentiment is to hold distrust toward these warnings or completely rebuff them, but c'mon. How many death to America and UK videos/pictures can you see before you begin to fall complacent to them. It's human nature and you can't sit around getting angry at people for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

9/11 was only the second step in their plans for terrorist attacks against the US, on American soil, IMO; the first step being the original bombing of the WTC in 1993. They might have left it at that except for the invasion of Iraq, then suddenly they were given a "reason" to escalate their attacks against American interests here and abroad.

I'm sorry, but can you clarify that statement please? I take it to mean that you think 9/11 was in retaliation for the invasion of Iraq? Which of course is just plain silly. Otherwise, I cannot think of a single other 'attack' on the US since 9/11. Attacks on US troops in Iraq are falsely labelled as being commited by AQ, they're not. AQ has nothing to do with Iraq, the insurgents in Iraq are fighting a civil war over the invasion of their country. How would you feel if someone invaded America? I bet you'd bomb them.

It makes me laugh the amount of Americnas who say things like "IMO there will be more attacks". Who's opinion is that exactly? IT may be coming from your brain, but is it really what YOU think? Or is it what you have been conditioned to believe?

Seriously, Americans (& I mean the people) need to take stock of the world they live in. Its all fine & well sitting in your nice American home worrying about the next big attack, but why don't the people think things through ... you MUST reason that US foreign policy is creating more & more problems for you, the rest of the world is fed up with Bullyboy-Bush & his incesant desire to make us hate people with different colour skin to us, or different religions to us. The world is crumbling around us ... and many people are still blaming 'extremists' or AQ for the problems ... the problems begin & end with American foreign policy. End of story. Accept that fact & begin to change your way of thinking, or else you probably will face further attacks, and you'll still be wondering why these people want to attack your "way of life" ... the truth is they don't, they just want America to stop going around the world pretending to be the world police, when in fact they are simply trying to guzzle the worlds resources for themselves, while maintaining the worst pollution statistics in history and refusing to agree to global restrictions on poisonous emmisions & greenhouse gases.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by drblow

I'm sorry, but can you clarify that statement please? I take it to mean that you think 9/11 was in retaliation for the invasion of Iraq? Which of course is just plain silly. Otherwise, I cannot think of a single other 'attack' on the US since 9/11. Attacks on US troops in Iraq are falsely labelled as being commited by AQ, they're not. AQ has nothing to do with Iraq, the insurgents in Iraq are fighting a civil war over the invasion of their country. How would you feel if someone invaded America? I bet you'd bomb them.

I apologize if I wasn't clear; I wasn't ascribing 9/11 to the invasion of Iraq, I was just saying that the first attack on US soil was the original bombing of the WTC and 9/11 the second and they may have left off any other attacks against us after that if not for Iraq. Although for you to say that AQ has noting to do with the insurgency in Iraq is either wishful thinking on your part or you are just not being honest with yourself; they certainly aren't the only motivating force behind the insurgency but they are certainly complicit by their training of fighters and by their supplying the insurgency with arms and ammunition.

It makes me laugh the amount of Americnas who say things like "IMO there will be more attacks". Who's opinion is that exactly? IT may be coming from your brain, but is it really what YOU think? Or is it what you have been conditioned to believe?

Please, don't insult my intelligence; I am not so gullible as to believe the MSM on every report they dish out for public consumption but when AQ puts out video and audio tapes, one after the other, promising an attack against America and American citizens, then it's not my opinion, it's theirs. I know what I think and what I believe and I don't make statements except on what I know or believe to be true.

Seriously, Americans (& I mean the people) need to take stock of the world they live in. Its all fine & well sitting in your nice American home worrying about the next big attack, but why don't the people think things through ... you MUST reason that US foreign policy is creating more & more problems for you, the rest of the world is fed up with Bullyboy-Bush & his incesant desire to make us hate people with different colour skin to us, or different religions to us. The world is crumbling around us ... and many people are still blaming 'extremists' or AQ for the problems ... the problems begin & end with American foreign policy.

Why is it that non-Americans always think they know more about America than people who were born here and spent their whole lives here? What do you know about American foreign policy prior to the adminstration of GWB, not much I'd guess; and yet you expound on the evils of American foreign policy like you really know what your talking about. If you are going to express your opinion on America, Americans and our foreign policy, please do so, but please make it plain that it is your opinion and nothing more.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
hehe, our foreign policy hasn't been the most ... enlightened over the years. our current policy on pollution is definitely not earth-friendly. I, as a part of the people, am not happy with it.

The clarity of the truth is hidden by secrecy and distortion. Our government and its departments have admitted to allowing or taking part in some treasonous things in the past.

Back to the topic.

That video, has the white guy ... I always find that interesting.

Maybe when they strike, it is the same as our strikes ... we never 'intend' to kill civilians, but, it does happen. How many innocent people have died in this recent mission in Iraq? in our previous missions? I am not excusing them, nor support them ... but, from a strategic standpoint, maybe they wish to attack what they perceive as evils ... the WTC and Pentagon were prime examples.

Maybe it is more symbols of the evil they are planning to attack ... or if they do attack us, they are doing so in a disturbed way, to wake us up to our own corruption (gov't) even if it is forcing our government to speed up its plan of destroying our freedoms ... since it seems the difference between our societies liberties that were growing with de-segregation, equality for women, etc. is beginning to decline on an equal basis now as well.

Maybe attacking us is a way to get our government to attack our freedoms?

I don't know.

It would be interesting if someone could identify that building in the background and that reflection in the rear-side window. It is obviously edited, and possibly gives a clue. As far as I can tell, it looks like a tower or skyscraper that is bigger than the surrounding area ... but looks like black smoke off the the right ... a plant of some kind? are there any towers (sears, etc) or solitary skyscrapers that have plants that emit black smoke nearby? I don't recognize the building in the skyline.

But, I do say if not a real picture, it could pass for a video game style look ... any experienced programmer these days should be able to produce something similar. The long straight hedge to the side makes me lean towards that, but is there anywhere a parkway or road has a long hedge, a populated sidewalk, and leads to a large building with that kind of design? Washington?

It could have been just a low resolution camera. The more I look, the more I can't tell if it is redered graphics or a real image that has been doctored. Gran Turismo 4 had some amazingly real looking cars, and that was on the old video game platform (in 1080 as well). New systems could render that scene in their sleep (Gears of War on 360 and TES IV: Oblivion on a high end gamer PC as example)

It looks more like there wasn't a tag on the vehicle, since you can see the two holes in the chrome. It has one of the mast antennas ... I definitely go for an older bronco/explorer/blazer. It also looks like an old supra style tail-lights in front with a chrome exhaust tip.

Maybe if we each can try to decipher what we think we can see, we can figure out what is really there.

Thanks for posting ... I would like to see how this develops. It seems the message is a bit different this time, and it lines up with a lot of rumors and theories people have.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I just saw this on the news...interesting

news.yahoo.com...

Maybe he really is trying to do good for us or maybe he is trying to make himself look good before something bad happens??

Not here to bash Bush just thought this could add to our discussion...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
wrangell76, sorry to tell you that not many members care about any warnings. Some will just claim "you are just trying to scare them", and will whine and complain about giving warnings about terrorist attacks.....

Anyways, on my part I thank you for posting this.

No, not trying to scare anyone-Just posting public information. It is important to make sure we look at the details in these messages from Bin Laden. Every message is a puzzle piece...that is for those who believe it is the government involved and for those who think Bin Laden and his followers are real. Not singling out anyone- just staying neutral in this...
I don't think I have seen anyone whine though throughout this discussion...

Anyway, thanks for being appreciative of me posting this

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i know this sounds very racist but i think it is the only way stop allowing people into the white house, increase security and allow secret service to check anyones bags or stuff, and dont let middle eastern people into Washington D.C.. Im very sorry for the racism and know im not a racist

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightseeker
They might have left it at that except for the invasion of Iraq, then suddenly they were given a "reason" to escalate their attacks against American interests here and abroad.

i am sorry... they have a reason to escalate their attacks?....

They never needed any reason to "escalate their attacks"....

Osama Bin Laden himself has stated that even when the U.S. was helping Afghanistan fight against the Russians, they were already developing plans to attack the west once the Russians left, the U.S. just couldn't see into the future and realize that many of those people we helped back in the 70s and 80s would turn on us because they see every dhimmi as an enemy of their extremist view of Islam....

BTW, perhaps you should do some research on the attempts by Islamic terrorists to attack France and other countries which were so critical of the war in Iraq....

One more thing, France is not the only country which is finally waking up to the fact that Islamic extremists are planing on attacking them even if they were critical about the war, or if they met the demands of the Muslim extremists for certain countries to pull out their soldiers out of Iraq, such as what happened in Spain.

Here is an article from 2002 when French authorities discovered Islamic extremists were planning chemical attacks on France...

This article shows that even before the war in Iraq Islamic extremists were planning to attack European cities...

Suspected Islamic extremists in French court, links to chemical plot
AFP, January, 2004

PARIS (AFP) — Six suspected Islamic extremists including the imam of a Lyon area mosque appeared before anti-terrorist judges amid allegations they knew about plans for a chemical attack in France in 2002.

findarticles.com...

Before 2002, and after 2002 and to this day similar plots have been discovered where Islamic extremists were planning terrorist attacks in European countries...

BTW, look how long it took for the french courts to actually find guilty the Islamic extremists who planned these attacks for 2002....

French court sentences 25 Islamic extremists
By Craig S. Smith The New York Times

Published: June 14, 2006

PARIS A French court on Wednesday sentenced 25 Islamic extremists to prison terms ranging from six months to 10 years for a 2002 plot to mount terrorist attacks in the French capital.

Prosecutors charged the men with planning attacks against several sites, including the Eiffel Tower in Paris. One of the men, Menad Benchellali, 32, was charged with trying to assemble chemical or biological weapons at his mother's apartment in a suburb of Lyon.

www.iht.com...

Here is another such planned chemical attack on France in 2005.

Zarqawi Said Planning Chemical Attack in Europe

Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is believed to be planning a chemical weapons strike in Europe, Agence France-Presse reported today (see GSN, March 1).

“We in Europe have been afraid that a big bang is coming sometime and that Zarqawi is planning it,” an official with Germany’s BND intelligence agency said in the April edition of the German magazine Cicero.

www.nti.org...

You have to scroll down almost at the end to find that article.

Anyways, the same thing has happened in Germany, Spain and other European countries...

People really need to stop trying to condone what the Islamic extremists are doing...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drblow
Attacks on US troops in Iraq are falsely labelled as being commited by AQ, they're not. AQ has nothing to do with Iraq, the insurgents in Iraq are fighting a civil war over the invasion of their country. How would you feel if someone invaded America? I bet you'd bomb them.

I agree with you on this for the most part but not entirely. Al-Qaeda's role in the almost daily terrorist attacks in Iraq against citizens and American soldiers is probably very limited (their very presence a result of America's invasion of Iraq) and certainly not as prominent or deadly as Saudi Arabia's. Oddly enough the administration only wishes to focus on the comparatively minor roles of Iran and Al-Qaeda in Iraq and is willing to supply Saudi Arabia with a billion plus package of military weaponry.

I don't believe the major issue in Iraq is al-Qaeda in spite of how many times President Bush drops the name to connect them.

Keep in my though, the attacks aren't always directed at American soldiers, its a part of the civil war and sectarian violence between Shiite and Sunni that you mentioned. Its an issue between the group that existed before America invaded Iraq so not all the attacks are perpetrated by civilians that see America as occupiers. They are directed at rival factions for the most part so clearly you cannot make that claim that all attacks are the result of insurgent patriots.

It's more complicated than that now.

It makes me laugh the amount of Americnas who say things like "IMO there will be more attacks". ... IT may be coming from your brain, but is it really what YOU think? Or is it what you have been conditioned to believe?

This statement is a bit funny as well.

9/11 isn't the first terror attack attempted or achieved on American soil and that isn't "conditioned opinion" it is historical fact. Coupled with the recent threats and warnings, this should lead you to the inescapable logic that unless the planet earth becomes a utopia in a few hours there WILL be another attack eventually...maybe even shortly.

Why is that a hilarious point to make?

...why don't the people think things through ... you MUST reason that US foreign policy is creating more & more problems for you...

...Accept that fact & begin to change your way of thinking, or else you probably will face further attacks...

So then you are agreeing that there will be more attacks too then?

IMO (
) our unjust and unfair foreign policy IS to blame for a majority of the anti-American sentiments and extremist reactions from foreign groups. Clearly Iraq has now become a training ground/recruiting tool for new terrorists and this is due to our own arrogant and negligent behavior after 9/11. Our rush to take out Saddam based on erroneous intel was a brutal transgression that cost thousands of civilians their lives. Saying "oops" is not enough. The world has not become safer without Saddam and this is painfully clear to any intelligent mind.

I never once thought or bought the propagandistic excuse that "they hated our freedoms" (what an absurd and insulting concept), so don't foolishly paint all Americans with the brush of ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by unitedstatesofearth
i know this sounds very racist but i think it is the only way ...dont let middle eastern people into Washington D.C.. Im very sorry for the racism and know im not a racist

That does sound racist, however I'm sure its a sentiment felt by many (whether they publicly acknowledge it is another matter) since racism isn't exactly a foreign concept to the American mind. I understand your concerns regarding another attack but your suggestion of segregating an entire race of Americans from certain states due to a crime committed by other persons of the same race is truly sad though.

What's next...confine them to an island/state/area of their own so we can keep an eye on them?

If you were Japanese American would you have enjoyed and appreciated your stay in the internment camps after Pearl Harbor? Did Timothy McVeigh inspire Americans to kick all White people from Oklahoma and not allow them near government facilities? No Southern Whites allowed in D.C.?

It's always different when your race is the culprit, or when you aren't the race involved.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
so do we know what the three phrases are in each of the last three videos?

I vaguely remember people talking about a code when the previous videos were released, and that we should expect more.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Although for you to say that AQ has noting to do with the insurgency in Iraq is either wishful thinking on your part or you are just not being honest with yourself; they certainly aren't the only motivating force behind the insurgency but they are certainly complicit by their training of fighters and by their supplying the insurgency with arms and ammunition.

This would be the same AQ that was recently accused of the Glasgow Airport "attack", yes? So you expect meto believe that an organisation that is incapable of mounting an attack inthe UK with anything more firghtening than a Jeep with some gas canisters in it (that didn't even explode) is at thesame time capable of supplying fighters in Iraq with the tonnes of necessary explosives, arms & ammunition to commit daily atrocities on a large scale?

And where does the information come from that states that AQ is supplying insurgents? I don't believe anyone has actually gotten a reciept from the insurgents to prove where the arms came from?

What do you know about American foreign policy prior to the adminstration of GWB, not much I'd guess; and yet you expound on the evils of American foreign policy like you really know what your talking about. If you are going to express your opinion on America, Americans and our foreign policy, please do so, but please make it plain that it is your opinion and nothing more.

Only what I read about. Oh & I have quite a lot of family that live across the US. Guantanamo is not my opinion, CIA tortue flights are not my opinion, the US support for Israel is not my opinion. Pre-Bush, the US support for the Taliban in Afghanistan is not my opinion. These things are simply called facts. They are on the news, everybody knows about them. Everyone in the world knows about US foreign policy, we can't help it because Bush won't stop providing news netoworks with stuff to report.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherhalf
Quote from blogs.abcnews.com

There is no additional information provided in the ad, and it closes with the words, "Soon -- God willing," written across the screen and repeated several times.

From what I counted in the video clip that phrase was shown three times at the end. Reminds me of other recently released videos (of which I can't find links to immediately...will go search some more).

(7-13-07) Signal to Attack? Worries Over Latest al Qaeada Tape
Zawahiri:
Have I not conveyed? Oh God be my witness.

(7-14-07) Newly Released Bin Laden Video Calls for Martyrdom
Osama:
I would love to attack and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred,
then attack again and be martyred.

And now we have the third:
Soon -- God willing

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The "building" in the SUV pic looks like a nuclear power plant to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hmm Interesting.

any other videos going futher back with messeges at the end?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yeh its probably about time for another attack, wonder what they will do this time. Will they go for biggest loss of life or most embarassment caused for the US. Who knows whether the attack will even be in the US, it could come anywhere, perhaps at a summit of world leaders, or somewhere in europe. Either way I hope they fail big style, perhaps we need to come up with a more persuasive form of punishment than jail or quick death, to prevent them wanting to try anything for fear of failing to kill themselves and living to pay the price for doing so. Although these people are so sick in the head they probably wouldn't care.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks that the building in the frame with the SUV is THE WHITE HOUSE??? It sure looks like pennsylvania avenue to me, maybe this is a hint they plan to drive a suitcase nuke and detonate it front of the white house (thus assasinating GW Bush)?

It seems an obvious inference to me.

To speculate, maybe the reference to Musharaff is that they either:

A. Intend to kill Pervez.

B. Intend to find a way to blame Pakistan for DC being nuked.

Or:

C. Intend to nuke Islamabad? (doubtful)

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Does that sound like proof that they "warned us" like they were required to do with the fatwa to gain approval to kill 10 million?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hmm I've been looking at the Suv pic for a while, but the bulding is just a block of pixels.

The white house angle will fit in with the pic of Bush and Musharaf infront of the whitehouse.

Why would they widely advertise their plans. Or are 'they' (whoever they might be) teasing us with a poor quality cryptic video, trying to make us guess what their next move is.

Is Musharaf due to meet with Bush at any point in the near future?

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
I have heard that AQ gets jacked all the time in the black weapons sales..

I've heard that we lost 250,000 AK47's, can't account for a quarter of a million assault rifles.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And I just read in the news the other day there's another 150,000 of them that were given to Iraqi security forces that they now can't account for. That's nearly half a million assault rifles we've 'lost' in Iraq. Lost a couple TRILLION from the DOD recently as well. You don't just loose half a million assault rifles, a case of 'em, sure, a truck load, yeah maybe...
And then you get stuff like this...
1 Billion Dollar Scam Arming Iraq With Junk
I don't think AQ has to work very hard to find arms or funding.

I agree that AQ likely doesn't have a difficult time arming themselves but you can in fact "just lose" that many light weapons. Look at the BILLIONS of dollars in arms stolen from Russia and Ukraine after the end of the Cold War. Someone made a LOT of money bringing those to Africa and to a lesser extent the Middle East. A lot of times the U.S. just leaves it's weapons behind or sells/gives them to quasi friendly groups who might look good now but may turn in 10 years time- Cheaper than airfreight these days. I have a feeling it all comes down to corruption and mismanagement, either by the Iraqi military or our own. Small arms have always proven to be notoriously difficult to keep track of for governments worldwide.

[edit on 3-8-2007 by andyzero1234]

[edit on 3-8-2007 by andyzero1234]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join