It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Al Qaeda Web Ad Threatens 'Big Surprise'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

New Al Qaeda Web Ad Threatens 'Big Surpise'

blogs.abcnews.com

A new al Qaeda propaganda ad, headlined "Wait for the Big Surprise" and featuring a digitally altered photograph of President George Bush and Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf standing in front of a burning White House, was posted on the Internet today...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-8-2007 by wrangell76]

[edit: bbcode]

[edit on 2-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I do not know if this is the right forum to post this in so please move it elsewhere if need be...

Link is from ABC News.

Thought it would be a good topic to discuss and ponder...

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Meh, what's new? America will be hit by another attack at some point. The invasions of Afganistan and Iraq have most likely set in motion plans for an attack bigger than 9-11. Remember it took 8 years from the original attack on the towers for there to be another one it's only been 6 since the 1st invasion. Just be prepared to deal with it when it happens, and don't let your 'leaders' take your remaining freedoms. I worry for the American people, i really do.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
yes go ahead....then usa will nuke u to copper age

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry was that intelligent comment directed towards me or the would be attackers?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
LOL

See what you started wrangell76?
I bet you though you could actually have an intelligent discussion about the actual subject matter you posted, didn't you?

OK, I'll stop teasing and attempt to actually discuss it with you.

AQ has been seriously degraded in the last couple of years. They've become too weak now to pull of anything big in the U.S., IMO. In fact, they will be hard pressed to pull anything big in Pakistan.

Their attempts to do anything but put out threatening videos have failed miserably for quite some time now, and have become laughable.

Their successful operations seem to be limited to small suicide bombings and kidnappings.

As for the video itself, the one interesting thing I see is the pictures of individuals. Most of them are easily recognized, but one person is not. Some folks are speculating that this is a picture of Adnan al-Shukrijumah, who is supposed to be in-charge of a nuke attack on the U.S. for AQ. Doesn't look like him to me though. Anybody recognize the person in that pic?

[edit] P.S. Forgot to mention my utter distain for any ABC "Intelligence sources". Backtrack on their "sources" stories, and you'll see why.

[edit on 8/2/07 by makeitso]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have always considered the "big suprise" to be the simultaneous nuclear attacks on our (american) cities........it is interesting to consider that the jihadi message boards have been full of ominous messages the claim "victory is close, please be patient".

But this leads to another question, would they be so brash as to tell us they were going to do it before hand?

I see no purpose to this ad but to fuel the fear of "gut feelings" and potentially make a pitch for civil duress when an attack occurs.

I have to ask, why announce an attack before attempting it?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Lol about the intelligent conversation...I am new here so I am learning as I go...

Good Points you made...I did notice that ABC was the only one that covered this, regardless though this video was released and is out there now...I have to say if this is real I think the 'Big Surprise' is a nuclear attack...I just hope it never happens...God help us all if it does...

Did you notice the wording..."Wait" for the Big Surprise...Almost like they are saying wait for the first attack and then conduct something else...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Meh, what's new? America will be hit by another attack at some point. The invasions of Afganistan and Iraq have most likely set in motion plans for an attack bigger than 9-11. Remember it took 8 years from the original attack on the towers for there to be another one it's only been 6 since the 1st invasion. Just be prepared to deal with it when it happens, and don't let your 'leaders' take your remaining freedoms. I worry for the American people, i really do.

Riiight... al Qaida was just going to launch a "little" attack on America. But when we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, they changed their plans and decided to launch an even bigger attack.

You can argue about the war creating more terrorists or making us less safe, but to allege that our invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan are likely to cause "...an attack bigger than 9-11." is pretty absurd. If al Qaida wanted to launch an attack on a greater scale than that of September 11th, than they'd have done that regardless of our reaction 9/11. Do you really think that we're dealing with idiots who don't think more than one step ahead? I'm sure they already knew what their next few targets were going to be before the first plane even flew into the WTC. They have the next several decades planned out as far as strategy, targets, etc.

I'm fed up with this mentality that we're in some part responsible for the atrocities that these radicals committ against innocent civilians. We didn't even respond to the attack on the USS Cole, yet they followed it up with 9/11. So what does that tell you about your theory? They're going to try and kill as many Americans as possible whether we invade the entire Middle East or just bury our heads in the sand in fear.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Al-Hida is a joke. In the worrds of the Notorious BIG "soft boo, soft". Their threats are meaningless words.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
But you have to think on the other side of the field. They've been making threats for years now, and nothing has really happened. So people will see this and say, "Oh more threats without action". They might be trying to catch us off guard in order to achieve a larger impact on our moral. Then when the attack happens, everyone is thrown into shock like they were when 9-11 happened. They'll say, "We should have heeded the warnings"! And panic will follow for years like last time, it's one vicious loop. But thats just my opinion, it may work out another way.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by Slash]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76

I have to say if this is real I think the 'Big Surprise' is a nuclear attack...I just hope it never happens...God help us all if it does...

If it is, yes, god help us all.

"Shakes Head" - Nah, the big suprise will probably just be more old Osama videos talking them to death.

Did you notice the wording..."Wait" for the Big Surprise...Almost like they are saying wait for the first attack and then conduct something else...

Hmmm, you mean like their saying to the terrorist cells; don't do anything until you see the big suprise, then attack? Like a secret message to them? Guess I didn't think about that. Its possible.

"Shakes Head" - Nah, it probably just means that they will be off-the-air for awhile while they think of a new video.

On a serious note though, what do you think is the meaning of the SUV, or the image of that one unidentified guy?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The SUV or Jeep is interesting because in the sense that it seems to break the usual imagery. It is not the typical image of a guy standing with a gun in the mountains. Does it have anything to do with the guy who crashed the jeep into Glasgow airport dying today of burns (or maybe something else, I will leave that to the ATS experts)?

This one does seem quite different. Maybe it is because they seem to be ramping up their propaganda efforts. or maybe this is something bigger. Only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

If it is, yes, god help us all.

"Shakes Head" - Nah, the big suprise will probably just be more old Osama videos talking them to death.

Hmmm, you mean like their saying to the terrorist cells; don't do anything until you see the big suprise, then attack? Like a secret message to them? Guess I didn't think about that. Its possible.

"Shakes Head" - Nah, it probably just means that they will be off-the-air for awhile while they think of a new video.

On a serious note though, what do you think is the meaning of the SUV, or the image of that one unidentified guy?

Sorry for the delay, been enjoying my Taco Del Mar...Yum!

Hmmm...I will have to think about the SUV meaning...Didn't think of that one...I know I didn't recognize that one guy...the whole thing looked weird to me...
Maybe the 'Big Surprise' is Bin Laden releasing a lot of gas...He he!

Just trying to find some humor in these 'terror' days

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

what do you think is the meaning of the SUV, or the image of that one unidentified guy?

If that unidentified guy turns out to be Mohamad Kamal Elzahabi, it would dramatically change the view on the Minneapolis bridge collapse, wouldn't it? However, I don't know what Mohamad Kamal Elzahabi looks like. He just happened to be on trial in Minneapolis on terror charges the same day of the bridge collapse. But the guy in that video does look a bit like Adnan al-Shukrijumah though. I'm not convinced it's him, but it could be...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
A Related Article

The advertisement for the forthcoming video was signed by As-Sahab, the multimedia branch of Al-Qaida, and was expected to be an important release on a major recent attack, two US-based terrorism monitoring groups said.

Does thtat mean the whole video is supposed to be released AFTER a major attack that has YET to happen?

[edit on 2-8-2007 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Let say AQ is a CIA operative...than if we understand the so called fact that AQ is nothing like they were on 9/11....than what do we say when this event happens??? Can we than come to the conclusion that AQ is a figment of our Governments propaganda and it is all a ploy to control the Worlds, especially the US's, populations???

My theory, and its just a theory, is that OBL has been an operative from the beginning, and any and all threats from AQ should be considered a threat from the NWO.....

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hmmm...Unless I am blind and not seeing it, did anyone notice that the photo of the "SUV in the motorcade" is not included? I wonder who's motorcade the SUV was in??? I will have to do some searching and see if I can find this video anywhere on the net...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
If that unidentified guy turns out to be Mohamad Kamal Elzahabi, it would dramatically change the view on the Minneapolis bridge collapse, wouldn't it?

I thought this, but then I heard there was construction work going on under the bridge.....

and that cracks in welds etc had been reported up to 2yrs prior?

Plus if you have explosives or means to destroy such a large bridge, why not do it to something a lil more excessive of people?
I think only 4ppl died 'officially' and 20 are still missing...

just my opinion...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
Hmmm...Unless I am blind and not seeing it, did anyone notice that the photo of the "SUV in the motorcade" is not included? I wonder who's motorcade the SUV was in??? I will have to do some searching and see if I can find this video anywhere on the net...

The link to the video is in the ABC news article in your first post.

Just below the third paragraph the link says:
See the Al Qaeda Web Ad Captured by ABC News

Here is the direct link to the video

Here is the SUV. I note the back window is greyed out, no license plate, and I'm not sure about the vehicle make, or the location. Is that a bridge or a building in the background?

[edit on 8/3/07 by makeitso]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join