It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane dumps white substance in Bolles Harbor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Article published Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Plane dumps white substance in Bolles Harbor

BLADE STAFF

Tests are being conducted this morning to determine what is the white substance that was dumped by a plane last night over a neighborhood in Bolles Harbor, Michigan, just south of Monroe.

The plane flew over the area about 8:30 last night, dumping a white substance on homes and vehicles in such a way that it looked like it was snowing. The Monroe County Sheriff’s office took samples and representatives said this morning they’re not yet sure if the substance was part of a crop dusting gone awry or some kind of plane dump.
Toledo Blade

Update:

MONROE COUNTY -- Detroit Energy has contacted the Monroe County Sheriff's Department and told them that on Monday night around 7:30 p.m., there was a release of fly ash from the Monroe Power Plant. Fly ash is the residue from burning coal.

This could account for the white substance found on cars and homes, authorities say. The residue is being tested.

When the ash was discovered, it was thought to have been dropped when a plane flew overhead on Monday evening.

People started reporting the low-flying plane around 8:20pm. The plane apparently flew over the Bolles Harbor and Avalon Beach areas, and it was thought to have dropped the white powder. Deputies collected a sample, and sent it to the Michigan State Police crime lab for analysis.
WTOL

Kind of freaky! A plane that may, or may not of, dropped an unknown substance. Remember the good old days when you just had to worry about your own government dropping mysterious stuff on you from the air?

[edit on 1-8-2007 by curme]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Kind of freaky! A plane that may, or may not of, dropped an unknown substance. Remember the good old days when you just had to worry about your own government dropping mysterious stuff on you from the air?

What, you think this could have been terrorists lol. There is a Nuclear Plant about 6 miles north of the coal plant, I know this because I live in between them.
It makes more sense for the "freedom haters" to mess with that. As for dropping poison or anything else in Bolles Harbor. This is Lake Erie. Lake Erie next to a Nuke and Coal plant. Any white powdered attack would just mix with all the other poison in this cesspool. And LOL at the Blade finding some dimwitted sheep to comment on how they thought it could be terrorism. When I wake up each day I don't worry about some retard in a cessna dropping powder, I worry about meltdown at the nuclear reactor, I worry about radioactive waste mixing with the water and getting pumped on to my beach. I worry about the mercury uranium and arsenic from that fly ash that ends up in my fish.

I don't keep all my clothing in a ready to go suitcase because of terrorists.
I don't have a Geiger counter and potassium iodate because I worry about terrorists. I don't test the PH level of the water and post a sign on my beach because of Tim Osman.

The old fashioned government for me. Not this hysterical terrorism bull#.
And anyone who's read anything lucid on terrorism, knows that it's the same old fashioned government.

[edit on 2-8-2007 by AwakeAndAllSeeing]

[edit on 2-8-2007 by AwakeAndAllSeeing]

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I would laugh if it was chemtrail gunk, and this led to it all being blown open..

Heh, i can dream

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I wasn't trying to imply that I thought it was terrorists, just making fun of a new justification the government can use now.

Mystery powder that coated Mich. community likely from coal plant

Associated Press - August 1, 2007 11:15 AM ET

MONROE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Investigators in Michigan think they've found the source of a talcum-like substance that covered cars and homes near Toledo yesterday.

The material is thought to be coal dust or residue from a Detroit Edison power plant. North of Toledo, residents in Monroe Township, Michigan, described the powder as white, tan or brown.

A utility spokesman says 1 of 4 boilers at the plant automatically shut down Monday night due to a water level sensor issue. He says there was a minor release of flyash from a smokestack.

The local sheriff's office says there have been no reports of people falling ill.

WTOL-TV

[sarcasm] I guess that explains that! [/sarcasm]

Maybe it was just an innocent coal plant, but being on ATS so long (but not as often as I would like) makes me skeptical of everything!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
I would laugh if it was chemtrail gunk, and this led to it all being blown open..

Heh, i can dream

Dreaming the same dream... maybe we will meat up. Empire state building?

By the sounds of it, there is allot of possible explanations for it though.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
White stuff was dropped from a plane onto schoolchildren in a playground in Scotland a few years ago. I don't think we ever learned what the substance was or why it happened. It was probably something and nothing but you never know.

CX

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I know it's not good to automatically jump to conclusions that there are terror smells to this, but what with all the dry runs reported lately, i would'nt blame anyone for keeping an eye on things like this.

CX.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Maybe it was just an innocent coal plant, but being on ATS so long (but not as often as I would like) makes me skeptical of everything!

That's the thing though, you aren't seeing the real angle on this.
It's NOT an innocent coal plant. The whole terrorism hype makes getting ash dumped on everyone seem like a relief, when they should be pissed it happened!

top topics

join