It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Here Will Accept A Real ID Card???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I just wanted to know yes or no, and why or why not? If no are you prepared for the reprecussions?

I for one refuse to....

Mod edit: don't use all-CAPS in thread titles

[edit on 2007/7/31 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have a driver's license...how is that different from a "real" ID card?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, for starters there will be an RFID chip in the REAL ID card. It will carry all your personal information and you will need it to enter any goverment building, open a bank account, board an airplane etc. This will allow the government to track your movements...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hellz no I will never accept that.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
the NWO governments and their cronies can all go to hell...

this is the end of democracy (and I use this term loosely) as we know it in the US and in my country.

100 points ID to buy a sim card in Oz soon...

rather be dead than submit top all this NWO garbage

[edit on 31-7-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Several states have passed legislation refusing to implement the REAL ID Act, if you are not on the list, you should write to your representatives:

"Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Carolina, and Washington have joined Maine in passing legislation opposing Real ID.[11][12][13][14] A similar bill is pending in Massachusetts.[15]" Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I live in Idaho so the choice was already made for me. The Idaho Legislator passed a resolution telling the federal govt to go jump in a lake.

People tend to forget but states rights are supposed to be equal to federal. Each state has its own constitution. The Real ID Act violates most states' constitutions and therefore cant be accepted.

It will be interesting to see who backs down first (especially when people cant board a plane)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Everyone in Hong Kong has a Chip and Pin style card now, who knows in a few years maybe they'll start introducing RFID ones.

I really don't care, I like living here and don't see any reason why anyone shouldn't carry a legal form of ID that helps prevent social and economical decline.

Oh! The I'm not doing anything wrong so it dosen't bother me argument! Well there I said it, go ahead and get all upitty with me!

The Monkey can take a spanking!

MonKey

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sign me up

I'm a hard working, taxing paying family man who has nothing to hide.

So what if they want to know, where I eat, how much money I have, what I guy at the store, what road I drive on, etc.

I don't care.

Watch me, record me, show the movies to your friends, heck I might make a few people laugh now and again.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Sign me up

I'm a hard working, taxing paying family man who has nothing to hide.

So what if they want to know, where I eat, how much money I have, what I guy at the store, what road I drive on, etc.

I don't care.

Watch me, record me, show the movies to your friends, heck I might make a few people laugh now and again.

spoken like a true blind man. I bet you actually think your taxes go towards paying civic services as well ?

I wouldnt be so quick to brag about paying my taxes. Take a look at the Grace Commission report. 100% of all income tax collected goes directly to payment of the national debt. Not one single penny pays for any civic services folks expect from its govt.

Cut out the middle man (IRS) and just send a check directly to the rockefeller and rothschild clan because thats where your money goes to.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by St James
Well, for starters there will be an RFID chip in the REAL ID card. It will carry all your personal information and you will need it to enter any goverment building, open a bank account, board an airplane etc. This will allow the government to track your movements...

Hummm…. Sounds a lot like my Passport.

I have no problem with a REAL ID card, infact I think it will make things easier for me, plus I have no problem I have nothing to hide.

I currently hold 3 passports from 3 different countries (2 currently have a Biometric chip in), I have 2 drivers licence’s from 2 different countries, have had 3 different names since birth (all legally changed of course) and am currently saving to pay for Pilot lessons, I’d be surprised if they weren’t already watching everything I do, lol. But as I said, all the above is legal and I have nothing to hide.

Bring on the Real ID card, would make things a lot easier.

Mikey 84

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by St James
I just wanted to know yes or no, and why or why not?

No... the Real ID is unconstitutional, and infringes my rights.

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I have a driver's license...how is that different from a "real" ID card?

You don't have to have a drivers' license... that is if you decide not to drive. Driving is optional. The Real ID, according to the Feds... is not.

Originally posted by elevatedone and Mikey84
nothing to hide

:shk:
Having nothing to hide doesn't constitute allowing the Federal Government to invade your privacy. I have nothing to hide, however, I will be go to hell if anyone, especially the Feds, will invade my privacy. My business is my business unless I make it someone else's business.

By the Constitution, the Federal Government was designed to protect it's citizens... not invade their private lives. Responses like yours is why the Feds continue to grab for more and more of your life. You should be ashamed.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What is so bad about the real ID? It makes life easier. Instead of having a seperate ID and a Drivers license for a single state, you have an all in one card that you don't have to change when you move out of state.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
What is so bad about the real ID? It makes life easier. Instead of having a seperate ID and a Drivers license for a single state, you have an all in one card that you don't have to change when you move out of state.

Exactly.

At the moment I have:

In Physical Form

3 Passports (2 with Chips)
2 Drivers Licence’s
2 Different Medical Cards (1 with Chip)
1 Health card
1 Age Card
1 ID Card
1 Work ID (with Chip)
3 Bank Cards (all with Chips)
2 Credit Cards (all with Chips)
1 Debit Card (with Chip)
1 Pass to get into my Apartment Building
1 Pass to get into work (With Chip)
2 frequent Flyer Cards
1 Travel Pass
1 Travel pass ID

Total: 23

Now, everything on that list (except for the passports) I carry around in my wallet everyday, I can tell you now it would be a heck of a lot easier if I could have it all in 1 card!

Every one of those items has a different number and is on a different database, not interconnected. For me, it would be easier if I have 1 ID and 1 Number for all the places, held on 1 interconnected database.

Mikey

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Mikey84]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
thats the idea the NWO sells us on...convenience.

Take a look at those Visa tv commercials. The one where the line is running smoothly as everyone pays with their Visa card. Then suddenly the line comes to a screeching halt as one customer dares to pay with cash. And the folks look at him like he broke some law. That folks is the elitist PR machine in motion.

You all arent looking beyond the mere convenience factor. The folks behind this real ID have nefarious intentions.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hum, all I have is a social security card, a drivers license and a military ID card.

None of these have any chips on it.

Only my husband military ID card have a security chip on it, none of the credit cards on his name have any.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
......I can tell you now it would be a heck of a lot easier if I could have it all in 1 card!

That's great... but even more importantly... it's your choice to have those things. It's even your choice to request/want those on one card. However, with the Real ID, those things are thrust upon each and every single American citizen... without choice. This is America... land of the free. It's not a Dictatorship (we can save that for a debate on another thread). Furthermore, we as American citizen do not have to give up our liberties and freedoms to purchase a false sense of security, of which the entire Real ID is all about. Terrorism (
) struck in our homeland, and in order for the Feds to provide for our security... we have to give up our liberties?

I don't hardly think so.

Originally posted by admriker444
The one where the line is running smoothly as everyone pays with their Visa card......

I believe the following video is the one being referred to....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I heard that all ATSer's will get the one that has the KMA on it... I guess that won't be so bad.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Personally I wouldn't mind having one. I'll enjoy the convenience.

I don't like the fact that it'll be mandatory though. That just has "control" written all over it.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its amazing how many people will sacrifice rights because "it would make things easier"... that's exactly how they want it, easier to trick you, get your money, and control you... they've bred a population of people who are enslaved to anything convenient, whatever makes things quick and painless... no way will I accept this Real ID card...

[edit on 6-8-2007 by Titen-Sxull]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join