It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith-based toys to hit US stores

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Unless the talking Jesus doll transforms into a Chevy Camaro, there probably isn't much of a future for it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
NEW - PARTING THE SEA TOY - WATER ACTUALLY PARTS!!!!!

Man i'd totally buy that, just think of the possibilities!

*OMG A TSUNAMI!*

Have no fear! My parting the sea toy is here, do your thing!
*tsunami parts*

*it's a miraacle*

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They can branch out into Young Earth Creationist Kits.

Includes light bulb, toy animals and plants, dirt, water.

Three year old speaks in stentorian tones:

*LET THERE BE LIGHT*

Mom hits the light switch. Three year old swallows toy zebra and has to be rushed to the hospital.

Later, it's noted on the side of the box: Not for children under the Age of Reason.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Could do with a "Walk on Water" toy with all these floods we've been having in the UK.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
New Noahs Ark Set - 2 of every animal, only £4,678.99

batteries not included

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Bible action figures?

Awesome.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ugh. seriously?

At long last, maybe Jesus can step in and settle this dispute between GI Joe and Cobra. Are there any plans for a God action figure? Maybe with Kung-fu grip? Another reason I think capitalism is an overall corruptable and immoral form of society. I'm surprised a corporation hasn't tried selling crack to kindergarteners yet.

I don't see much of a market for Mohammed with the scandal that surrounded the comic depictions of the prophet.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I personally think that a figure of God or Jesus is sacrilege. But each to his own, I guess.
Things that I also see as sacrilegious are the display of crosses (torture/execution devices, nothing more), putting God on the dollar or any other form of currency (God on money?), or any depiction of God or Jesus outside of His human form.
My personal belief is that God, the omnipotent being, force, or concept, regardless of your religion, or lack thereof, is sacred. It's not just something you can paint or otherwise depict, worship, and be done with; and in doing so, I don't believe that it is at all uncommon to start seeing God as a mere physical, tangible thing, in place of something beyond any and all human comprehension.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No surprise here, the christian/catholic/and most other religions are all about money.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Who wants to bet that the jesus action figure will have no penis, just like every other male action figure out there.

[edit on 30/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, I think that if there is a God, then he'll have a tremendous sense of humour when you consider the world he has devised and he'll be laughing aloud at this thread.....or maybe not!

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Miracles sold separately! Batteries not included. The manufacturer of this toy is not responsible for crucifixions, stonings, or virgin births that occur as a result of purchase thereof.

[edit on 7-30-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yea!!!
Jesus with Kung-Foo Grip, and Floating Shoes.
Can I Get THAT one Mom?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Jesus with staff grip hands, real facial hair and genuine look of compassion - warning, not suitable for use in water.

Scribes and pharisees come complete with stern expression and supply of stones.

New Big Fat Buddha doll - guaranteed serenity.

New Dalai Lama doll - guaranteed to make chinese invade

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Jesus, the stress relief doll; strike it and it just turns the other cheek.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
i think your all missing the obvious action doll....SAMPSON !

who 'martyred' himself along with 100's of the Pagan Kings court & banquet goers.

sort of a low-tech, Vest-Bomber of today ?!? as a comparison...

but will the Patriot Act, MilitaryCommissions Act, or any of the GWB ExecuitiveOrders that target terrorist ideology, be in play for this naked
enticement to commit atrocity & mayhem ??

no, the idea that Sampson committed a terrorist act is not seen as such by the Judeo-Christian sect in power of America.

the action figure will only be seen as a Heroic figure

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm waiting for other religions to follow suit. We could have the "Bendi Bandi Ghandi" which would be a bit like stretch armstrong or the Ganesha version of pop up pirate where you have to put the arms back on until his head pops off. there could even be a muslim version of guess who where it's impossible to guess the female character.

The games are endless.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The question is (joking aside, and there were some good ones) does this demean and cheapen faith?

Or are these toys a good idea or educational tool to introduce children to biblical characters.

ps - if there's a spin off movie, will arnie play sampson?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Either that or if you squeeze him a cross shoots out his behind.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i would fell better if they would give the spaghetti monster 2 feet of shelf space in 400 stores to see how it sells.
i don't expect a company to stock a product that does not sell but give it a shot and NOT in the bible belt...

if it don't sell, yank it.

is this the start of a puch i wonder? in 10 years all the toys are gonna suck cause they're 'faith based'...boooooring

can i get a jesus that i can make bleed and take barbie out and one that has chinese stars?

if not, meh...

there are about 10 zillion gi joe dolls.

how bout mc jesus...
g i jesus....
jesus with a bazooka

crap like that

god rollin an impala with 'drolliks"

hahahahhahahah

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join