It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faith-based toys to hit US stores

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't see what all the uproar is about - religious people have kids, and they buy toys too. BFD.

Though I do think the St. John The Baptist action figure with the detachable head is in very poor taste, and the less said about the Crucifixion Playset the better...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I don't see what all the uproar is about - religious people have kids, and they buy toys too. BFD.

Yes, and I agree to an extent - the problem as I see it is that this cheapens peoples faith (in some respects) and makes faith into a commercial proposition.

I know that certain churches have advanced their own enrichment for centuries, but this is not about churches.

These toys are taken directly from the bible, and this is a commercial ploy to make money whilst not having to pay for any marketing rights.

But hey, I don't even think bibles should be sold - they should be given freely to whoever wants them.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
so are they going to be selling priest toys along with little boy toys where the priest toy molests the little boy toys? all this talk of cheapening religion with toys, I think its cheapened itself over the years with the horrible things the church's own people have done, like molestation and what happened in Canadian residential schools.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I cant help but thinking how much fun could be had if a firm was willing to brave lawsuits. Christian and Islamic figures could be portrayed as smoking dope and other such like minded acts such action figures would be a hoot even if they wouldn't be suitable for children.

Oh well that was just this Atheist opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Might actually be historically correct!
The assasins were an islamic sect weren't they?

As far as I know, neither book prohibits smoking cannabis, although the burning bush would take on new meaning.

But the bible would have been more boring:

moses couldn't be bothered climbing the mountain

samson never slayed anyone

david and bethsheba stayed in and got wasted

Jesus and the money changers - "ah, leave 'em to it - can't be arsed"

etc etc

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I can't wait to get my pope action-figure and RC pope-mobile with working lights and sounds... let's hope there's no Sodom and Gomorrah or Golgotha play set... I can see it now: New Ark of the Covenant play set, WARNING: Not recommend for use by Nazis... Tower of Babel prank wand, really works, with ten different language settings... Also, the four horses of the apocalypse play set, oh god, the possibilities are endless...

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The possibilities are indeed endless, but does no one else think that this is just an attempt to make more money?
After all, they don't have to pay any licensing agreements do they?

If they're going to do this, why not give something back, to a christian education foundation or something similar 0 they are making money on the back of peoples beliefs after all's said and done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join