It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comments made by son?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I got the impression that someone he knows introduced him to the Wizard of Oz in one way or another. Movie or story....
'The wicked witch of the east/west'...I can only associate it to the Wizard of Oz and nothing else quite frankly....but perhaps he associated to something else who knows.

And I, in fact congratulate you for being a good parent and spending time with your kid and doing something enjoyable with him without being excessively paranoid and cynical...like islamasomething suggests. Perhaps he should look elsewhere...like places where parents strap bombs to their kids and complain about that first eh?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai
Listen guys, whoever you are in this thread.

The problem is not with the son, if the SON/IT ever exists!

This guy or girl or dog who started this thread is the real problem after all.

This dog are happy with its' make up story, it is more happy when people who read this thread start asking questions.
That's how this dog get satisfactions, when you ask something, it gets orgasms. the longer this thread is the more multi orgasm it gets.

And of course, there is a possibility that this dog who made up this thread is in fact a partner of this website, the more readers they get the more money they make.

Be alert! this is internet money making business.

Be you, NOT be dog!

I know I may be wasting my breath saying this as you may never see it but...

Are you just a little special? Seriously, did you make it through school in a different room than everyone else because you yourself was different? I'll answer for you. Yes. Thought so.

Stockburn, any news on the subject or are you giving it some time to rest? Seriously, if he brings this up again at ANY time, then it might be something to worry about.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hi Echo3Foxtrot,

I haven't attempted to speak about it again with my son since the last time.

I am going on a 4 day trip up to the Eastern Sierra's with just my son this next week. Hoping to avoid the crowds. I was planning on hitting up a couple of old mining towns in the Inyo area, fishing and some 4 wheel exploring. I will use this time to talk about it again if he is willing, but not pushing. Perhaps more will unravel.

I have asked my parents and my wife's parents about the "Wizard of Oz", but they draw a blank (the only people to have watched him without us being present, other than school). Either he really saw/felt something bizarre or the other school kids have planted something there.

I will try and video some of the trip (old deserted mining towns might produce something?). Hopefully something good will come of it, and that being, it's just imagination or other children influence.

Take care and have a great night,

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Its 'Islamorada'. A Florida Key, in which I reside. The name is Spanish for 'beautiful purple island'.

Also... I'm a woman. If your going to refer to me, get it right.
Dont run away with preconceived notions as you obviously have.

Now! Finally! We can say we learned something from this thread! Geography rocks!
Look into it sometime!

Edited to say:

It almost seems as if you want your child to see and experience these things and the slightest hint that he isnt and its just childhood rambling seems to upset and disappoint you. That really concerns me. Have you looked within yourself and acknowledged this?

We need to look IN before looking OUT.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Islamorada]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Is it absolutely necessary to question someones parenting abilities?

Stockburn is merely questioning whether his son is rambling on or whether its something he needs to pay attention to.
Something all good parents do!

Do you believe in the paranormal?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Oh and one more thing about geography..
Islamorada means

Purple Isle
theres no 'beautiful' in there

[edit on 12-7-2007 by hot_acacia]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
When I listened to the video I got really creeped out. I myself believe that kids can see things. I was one of those children (actually it lasted into adulthood). My daughter seemed to inherit the "gift".

The first time I noticed was when I was living with a boyfriend of mine and his son. His mother, who was not a nice woman by the way, had died in the house about a year ago. One night when my boyfriend was working 3rd shift I had been awoken at around midnight by the sound of a party going on in the room where his mother had died. This freaked me out since nobody was in the room. Then the kids who were about 3 at the time started screaming. They said there was a green monster in their room. I believed them since I had heard such a commotion coming from the room next to theirs. Needless to say we all slept together that night.

You mentioned seeing a big quartz rock on the trail. Doesn't quartz tend to attract phenomena?

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Im open-minded... and also lacking of ego (which is really what this batting back and forth is about, I touched a fragile ego) so although I havent been unfortunate or, depending on how one looks at it, fortunate enough to have experienced anything paranormal; I certainly cant say such things dont exist.

In fact, Im quite sure much paranormal activity exists but again, if I cant prove that I cant preach that. Im just really glad they dont screw with me.

But to answer your question... No, I dont believe we die and are thrown in a box and thats it. I have far more enlightened views on life after death than our soul simply dying when we do and thats 'all she wrote'.

Aliens: About the same frame of mind. I have never seen one but who am I to say 'I have never seen one so they dont exist'. Thats the ego speaking. There are many, many sea creatures discovered everyday... a creature is a creature. Feeling me?

That being said, I dont watch the skies for UFO's and I STRONGLY doubt I will interact with one in my lifetime. Nor do I click or partake in alien discussion, doesnt interest me. Or wait... do I know aliens and interact with them unknowingly on a daily basis!? And those darned reptilians! ACK!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Islamorada
It almost seems as if you want your child to see and experience these things and the slightest hint that he isnt and its just childhood rambling seems to upset and disappoint you. That really concerns me. Have you looked within yourself and acknowledged this?

Did you actually listen during the video? The gentleman does not in any sort of sense pay attention to his kid BECAUSE he's paying attention to the road, and like most children and adults, we tend to half listen when they jabber on and we're concentrating on something else, so no I don't think he's planting ideas in his head. To you, this site and its posters seem to be an amusement because we're all 'wacko'. I think its you who is not contributing to the thread and site, so why bother?

The universe is full of things we, as humans, with our big egos tend to either dismiss, or make trivial because we are so dim on the understanding of everything. We (ATSers in general) want to find out what the hell is going on and why, again part of the human condition, to learn more about what we don't know. It seems you are the one who is being dismissive and should search yourself...

It still reminds me of the flying humanoid's like in: www.liveleak.com... - there's something unnatural about it whatever it is/was.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The off topic post's and sniping cease now.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That kid sounds pretty serious! The vid is controversial b/c of the low res quality.. I thought I saw a few things while watching it in the sky but it could've been pretty much anything (reflections, stuff within the car, dirt)..

He sounded pretty darn concerned at some points screaming about small things. He might've been genuinely scared. Kid's can see stuff that we can't, because they haven't grown to believe we know it all. As adults we choose subconsciously to rule out the unknown.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just thinking, how far from Mexico was this? I've not terribly o-fey with US geography, I know where, in no particular order, San Fran, California, Area 51, Maine and Florida are, but that's about it.

It might well have been one of those flying weirdies if its close. They tend to hover so you might well have not noticed it, paying attention to the road. While no-one has, as of yet, mentioned any sort of weaponry, one policeman was attacked in his car (see Rense or the above video I posted also mentions it) by one and passed out, but it resembled a 'witch' in the classic sense. In fact, so far, the conjecture of everyone who's seen one of these 'little flying men' has said they're witches without a second thought.

Weird, whatever.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Goodness I just checked in and your still going here, that's great.

I think what people have to do is listen to the three tapes. The first and third are normal. What happened in the second tape is quite interesting the way it comes about.

You must remember we are dealing with a 3 yr. old here.

To me he seemed to be able to communicate and hear this Witch of the East. I think Mitch was trying very hard to tell his daddy that the music of Gene Simmons (KISS) was attracting this Witch and he wanted his daddy to see her.

I think I would go to the video store and get a video of the Wizard of OZ and one night have a family movie night. I would pop some popcorn sit togeher and see what happens.

Don't forget to have all your batteries charged and your GPS working this time daddy.

P.S. Forget Sashami and the woman, woman singing, you almost broke grandma's ear drum

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Great vid,there seemed to be something there!At 1st I thought it was a reflection in the windshield but when it showed up again and again it made me ponder again.
You cant clearly make it out,as its always viewed to the right and isnt hanging around for too long-so it could be all manner of things

One does see a remarkable Similarity between this and the mexico witch vid.Its also rather spooky that your observant son dotted the dots and got the witch angle too,also like that mexican police officer who was attacked by a witch on a broom stick flying at his patrol car.lol.

Just a realy strange and compelling vid,thanks for taking the time to post it online

ohh and if my band ever needs a singer i wont aske you

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Hey Stockburn thanks for sharing your videos and information with us at ATS, I for one appreciate it. It makes for great content on real experiences for all to get involved in

I was wondering tho if you ever considered maybe going back to that same place alone and stopping the truck and just getting out for a bit to walk around (with camera in hand of course). Would be good to see the area with calmer footage. Taking video in the direction of the thing that may or may not be a tree and see if in fact that is what is there. Maybe park and walk down the road a bit filming the area once more and see if anything looks unusual. Maybe even have your truck radio on as you walk away from it and look back at it and film around and see if maybe the camera picks up anything going near it. It seems that maybe the camera was able to see things that the naked eye couldn't. Just a thought.

Anyway, you seem like a very good father with a smart lil buddy,
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
Just thinking, how far from Mexico was this? I've not terribly o-fey with US geography, I know where, in no particular order, San Fran, California, Area 51, Maine and Florida are, but that's about it.

Hi ejsaunders,

I was probably about 200 maybe 220 miles north of Tijuana, Mexico (as the crow flies). Fairly close to Victorville and Barstow, CA.

Here is a google earth link to show the proximity Area. I do not have any exact routes as they have been overwritten on my GPS from other trips. Never thought I would have to reproduce them.

Echo3FoxTrot,

I will go back out to the area in early Fall. It is extremely hot in the area maybe in upwards of 115, so I will spare my son and myself the agony of the heat. I don't know exactly where we were, but I am fairly confident, I can find the big quartz rock outcropping with some trial and error.

Observe50:

Great idea on the Wizard of Oz Movie. I will rent it and see what becomes of it. At the first sign of disturbance, the movie goes off, and I'm running for the hills!

All,

I went up to the Sierra's and pulled out the fly rod and produced some small brookies and browns, some fairly intense 4 wheelin in the White Mountains exploring some old Indian hunting/gathering areas and just hanging out with my son for 4 days. Nothing to much of interest, albeit I do have 3 hours of video that at some time I will have to sift through. Nothing was ever said about the "witch" by myself or Mitch. I will probably chalk this up to imagination, but who knows. I will say there sure was some really creepy old mines in the area. I don't have the means or curiosity to explore.

Take care, and have a great day/night.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
hey, this may sound too simple, but take this into consideration.

First you should know that my family on my moms side has had a long line of seeing paranormal stuff, mostly like seeing darkness around those about to die, or the ocassional death. but its only my moms children who've ever communicated with ghosts.

(Just an example here, theres many more stories) My brother use to see the "debble" (devil) when he was little although he had never learned the word before. she solved this by moving from the haunted house she lived in.

but When i was little, i use to see and communicate with the ghost in my house. After a while the ghost began to act agressive, My mom was freaked out, and wanted me to stop talking to him

What she made me do was yell at him something along the lines of "Go away, I dont wanna play with you anymore!" since then i've never seen a ghost.

Although i suppose it was best at the time that i did that, now that im older and really interested in the subject, i really wish i could still see and communicate with them as easily as what i could.

yup well... theres my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There's always the possiblity that kids can see things that adults can't.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Every time I grab the cat and park her infront of the monitor and play this she can't get away quick enough, its like she's on a bungee cord that's snapped tight... - ejsaunders

Wow, I feel like a fruitcake for even admitting this. I read this post and I thought: "Hey! I have TWO cats!" Needless to say, I went and grabbed the baby (well, he's one and a half but younger than the fat one) who is such an attention hog and so tolerant that he will put up with damn near ANYTHING. So, I pick up the little cat, pet him a bit, getting him comfortable and purring and launch the video. Weird thing is, he couldn't climb out of my lap fast enough. At about a minute and a half he started to wiggle insistantly. I scratched him under the chin and tried to entice him to stay. Nothing doing. He was off my lap and out of the room. Oh, btw, he sits in my lap all the time when I play FPS, so it's not like the noise or anything freaked him out.

Coincidence? Prehaps. But strange nonetheless. I always have to toss him off the lap because I'VE had enough. Not this time.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trask

It's funny this thread popped up. I am going back out to the same location again, Stoddard Valley, with my son tomorrow morning. My Dad is also coming in his own rig. The standard stuff, just 4 wheelin, and trying to get stuck.

I will video a couple hours of the wheel time. Perhaps my son will recall the event of the past. Not certain, if I can find the exact location of it, but I sure would like to find the quartz outcropping again. I will also see if the "flying humanoid" which I think we all agreed was a bush that had a seed pod up top, are visible. Obviously a different time of year, but who knows.

Will post the video if any cares to watch it.

Take care,

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join