It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
[ yes..1200 dpi SCAN of the Big Basin photo... you can't scan a photo that's digital and get more resolution.

Ummm, "1200 dpi Scan" means it was run through a scanner rated at 1200 dpi. It doesn't give the picture "more resolution."

I can print a digital pic on paper and then scan it. Just because an image has been scanned is not proof of whether it's digital or film.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I render with soft, hard, global, spot, invisible, tube, hdri, and radiosity to name a few lighting techniques I use in Cinema 4d and Blender...... no matter what I use for shadows, I can still photograph in the real world parts in the scans like they are shown in the scans. Why ? because I understand real world lighting.

It's in film.. just like the hundreds of photos Billy Meier took and other people who have seen real objects in the real world using real film.

Somehow though.. even film won't be good enough for some of you.
" He made a model and strung it up" is what I expect to hear.

If you cannot present hard evidence to back up your theory, then it's just a theory.

If you are presenting the Billy Meier photographs as evidence of extraterrestrial visitation, you are in the far fringe of UFO believers. Billy Meier is not taken seriously by investigators in the main stream because his assertions are blatantly fraudulent. Do you really think that flying saucers occupied by aliens go to his farm to be photographed by him as they hover motionless so that he can get nice clear pictures of them? And all of this on a regular basis, not very likely to anyone grounded in reality. "He made a model and strung it up", is indeed the most scientifically valid scenario, accepting astounding claims as fact when a more plausible explanation is present is not a valid research technique. The CARET, drone phenomenon has so far shown many of the characteristics you would expect to be shown by a hoax, such as all of the photographs coming from anonymous sources. The picture from Alabama(with a witness) doesn't look like the drones from other sources, and is most likely a device used by the utility companies to pull new wire onto the poles, you can see wires are attached to it on one end. Someone who works for a utility company should be able to identify the device.

Edit: Corrected the state name from Georgia to Alabama

[edit on 6-7-2007 by RING0]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am really happy to see that many more of us are really looking at how this whole episode has been presented.

Nice find on the '1200dpi half-truth' Eagle! That is one of the many examples of little deceptions and irregularities of this whole tale. I also think that some interesting work has been done in the Drone Font area.

It makes we wonder, since Earthfiles has not been updated since June 30, if LMH is on vacation this week, if sitting in her email mailbox is the next tasty Drone related ratings morsel.

I also wonder how much of Art Bell's retirement has to do with having a child (he works two days a week?), and how much of it may have to do with him 'not liking the direction' C2C is going, now that they have been proven to perpetuate hoaxes for ratings and advertisting revenue.... especially if they are doing it for the gubmint as disinfo... (wink wink)(This is a Joke, but there actually may be some truth here now that I think about it)

Anyway, it is my belief that we will get the next episode of this cliffhanger soon. Sat... Sun... Mon....? My bet 07-07-07.... I mean if I were a gambling man....

Doc Moreau

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't think the comparisons between the matching characters is enough evidence to prove anything. All of the characters in the comparison picture are based on a L shaped curve. Variations on similar form are found in many languages, and if aliens do possess a written language, I assume they would do the same.

Also, if someone was to go through this much trouble to hoax something you think they would avoid blatantly ripping off a popular media source like The Matrix. Especially when so much info/pics are focused on the language itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Para,
I can see your points, but I must disagree with you in certain ways...

While it is true that variations on similar forms are found in many languages, you do not explain the reasons behind it. The reason is that they often come from the same sources. Such as, many people do not realize the 0-9 digits that we use worldwide are called 'arabic numerals' and were created and used by Arabic mathematicians before spreading worldwide. It is also possible that the alien language could be the precurssor to our own, not necessarily english in its most modern form, but I think you can understand...

So in my opinion comparisons between matching type styles is evidence to prove something, and that is source material. Is the source material from ancient Sanskrit or Hebrew. Not so much... The source material for some of the type face so far seems like it may be from a very modern, pulp culture reference, even if it is only four glyphs out of how many possible. I think that proves something, especially if the typeface in the Caret packet also matches the Matrix fonts.... How would the Caret guys do that, or did the Matrix guys use a font provided by aliens? See it proves something... But it also opens three more trapdoors....

Also, if someone is going to the trouble to hoax something, but blatantly ripping off the Matrix, while unleashing the hoax at the same time as two unrelated viral marketing campaigns that have similar themes, maybe someone is trying to tell us something with this hoax. Maybe if we can match three Japanese glyphs, and a few with the matrix, maybe we can find a hidden message.

Then again, maybe that is what I think who ever is doing this hoax is trying to make us think. So we keep on trying to solve these riddles....

DocMoreau

I hear that the "Game" is on. Even that seems like strange timing in relation to all of this... who knows?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I have literally just found this:

This is on the Palo Alto Research Laboratory employee forum:

I found this guys profile:

www2.parc.com...

The money shot is here:

"I’m probably in some government file someplace because I ordered the Roswell Report online. You can have a file on yourself too. Just click here. I work at PARC, where we actually get to use a lot of the technology that our government got from the small greys in the abductee-for-flying-saucer swap that followed Roswell. I also encountered evidence of alien visitation on my trip to Eastern Europe".

He loves his conspiracies too, could this be our hoaxer?

October

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
If you cannot present hard evidence to back up your theory, then it's just a theory.

Everything here is a theory. Life ITSELF is a theory. What I have done for this thread is show what does match as far as visual items are concerned. After that, no other theory other than what has thus far been presented has been proven. This CARET drone has been around for years now. It's only a hot topic now because someone posted what they call a factual, documented proof of what it is. We are here to interpret and debunk if possible.

If you are presenting the Billy Meier photographs as evidence of extraterrestrial visitation, you are in the far fringe of UFO believers. Billy Meier is not taken seriously by investigators in the main stream because his assertions are blatantly fraudulent.

umm.. show me blatantly fraudulent please. I have read books for and against him and the "against" him sadly focused on silly issues like this threads "it's CGI" claim while ignoring blatantly obvious other issues that lend STRONG credibility. His story is shrouded in many layers of public BS in the same manner as 9/11. That is another topic entirely though and I guess I shouldn't have mentioned his name here..
another thread start is in order if you would like to go toe to toe on his situation. I have a load of material regarding both arguements. 49 directives

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
October,

Excellent find, I'll email Kieth this afternoon and ask him to have a look at the CARET page and see what he says.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
October,

Wow, good find. If this guy is not the hoaxer, or otherwise involved, then his page could serve to corroborate the meat of Isaac's story....very interesting...can't wait to hear if Springer gets a response!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
October, GJ, about time someone besides me found it.

This is our hoaxer.

Fits the profile of the hoaxer perfectly.

www2.parc.com...

"special interest in collaborative and “richly graphical” systems"
"I’m also interested in distributed object systems, the role of film craft and comic art in interaction design, and am something of a programming language dilettante. "

" I’m probably in some government file someplace because I ordered the Roswell Report online. You can have a file on yourself too. Just click here. I work at PARC, where we actually get to use a lot of the technology that our government got from the small greys in the abductee-for-flying-saucer swap that followed Roswell. I also encountered evidence of alien visitation on my trip to Eastern Europe (see above). "

Keith even wrote a book! Look here:
book

Look at the "Topics Covered" section and you can see he used the word "primer" like the isaaccaret website "primer".

"A primer for Remote Method Invocation (RMI)"

Also, we all know how much he swore he wouldn't be selling a book:

And in the future, just to cover all the bases, anyone claiming to be me who's selling a DVD or book is most certainly not going to be me.

This above statement is a clue, that he is selling a book.

Anyway, FINALY, this hoax is over.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by 11 11]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I also manage the Ubiquitous Computing research area here. My research centers around the infrastructure and systems concerns around building novel user interfaces, with a special interest in collaborative and “richly graphical” systems.

Definitely sounds like you have found Isaac to me, October. While it is impossible (IMO) to say categorically that the images are CGi, they could well be, and these guys (Keef and a few mates) would surely have the skills.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
From the parc.com main page
'PARC’s physical, computer, biological, and social scientists take an agile, cross-disciplinary approach to innovation, with the vision, expertise, and instinct to convert groundbreaking scientific findings into industrial-strength prototypes'

It's a valid and real website, and he's an employee there.

But he's saying on their own webpage, as an employee, that they work with alien tech?

What the... am i missing something here?
I'm abit confused.

Btw how on earth did you find that hehe

List of everyone working there for those who are interested:
Employees

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This guy sure doesn't hide...

www.cc.gatech.edu...

"Keith Edwards is currently a Ph.D. student in the Graphics, Visualization and Usability Center (GVU)"

www.cc.gatech.edu...

PHD in Graphics.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I’m also a student of Freemason-inspired conspiracy, but my friend Paul Dourish is much more knowledgeable about that stuff than I am. If you want a primer, read Foucault’s Pendulum (Umberto Eco), or Holy Blood, Holy Grail (Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh, Henry Lincoln). Both of these are long reads, but well worth it. I guess you can skip them if you want the short version, because it all comes back to the aliens and the Vatican anyway. The Freemasons have recently got themselves a web site, but it’s obviously a ruse as it has no pertinent information about the aliens.

Interesting that he also uses the word 'primer'. While not a rare word, not exactly common, and it turns up in the reports ("Language Primer"). I'm not 100% convinced, but it's a damn, damn good lead.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by corda
Interesting that he also uses the word 'primer'. While not a rare word, not exactly common, and it turns up in the reports ("Language Primer"). I'm not 100% convinced, but it's a damn, damn good lead.

Yeah read his book topics, he used the word primer again.

book

This IS our guy. He will be going to jail.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11 11
He will be going to jail.

I rather doubt that.

Originally posted by T0by
But he's saying on their own webpage, as an employee, that they work with alien tech?

I think that part was a joke!

In any event... WOW! Nice find, October!

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Uhm people..should'nt you show some restraint in who you accuse of being a hoaxer publicly without some solid proof?..just FYI..

October, GJ, about time someone besides me found it.

This is our hoaxer.

Fits the profile of the hoaxer perfectly.

www2.parc.com...

"special interest in collaborative and “richly graphical” systems"
"I’m also interested in distributed object systems, the role of film craft and comic art in interaction design, and am something of a programming language dilettante. "

" I’m probably in some government file someplace because I ordered the Roswell Report online. You can have a file on yourself too. Just click here. I work at PARC, where we actually get to use a lot of the technology that our government got from the small greys in the abductee-for-flying-saucer swap that followed Roswell. I also encountered evidence of alien visitation on my trip to Eastern Europe (see above). "

Keith even wrote a book! Look here:
book

Look at the "Topics Covered" section and you can see he used the word "primer" like the isaaccaret website "primer".

"A primer for Remote Method Invocation (RMI)"

Also, we all know how much he swore he wouldn't be selling a book:

And in the future, just to cover all the bases, anyone claiming to be me who's selling a DVD or book is most certainly not going to be me.

This above statement is a clue, that he is selling a book.

Anyway, FINALY, this hoax is over.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Para,
I can see your points, but I must disagree with you in certain ways...

I agree with everything you've said, and while it appears we may have found the hoaxer, I will comment on my variation of form question. While the influence of other writings is entirely plausible, L shaped curve like that is a fairly simple geometric shape. Take a square, put a circle inside, bisect it vertically and horizontally and the pieces will contain the flat bottom and curved '1/4' of the circle. You could still be right, I just tend to argue the other side when I've seen a few people support the other. Always have to balance things out, and I'm sure i'm not the only reader here who is plagued by seeing both sides of the issue on many occasions.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I would like to suggest to the people that claim this is CGI (Which is what I think it is as well) to NOT use those crappy pictures as examples of "just like their real-life versions".

You're basically choking yourself by showing pictures that are nowhere near realistic, after saying that "This is CGI because it looks realistic just like this" (when the "this" they are referring to isn't realistic at all).

In any case, though I'm likely to believe that the drones are CGI as well(due to the shadow and their whole appearance), we should not exclude any other less sane options

In any case, as this story seems to tell, it is kinda weird.
"Some special substance that when written on with certain symbols, creates a whole new object or system or w/e the writing executes".

If this DOES exist, they should release it to the public

"CompileBrick®" "Your dreams, are no longer restrained.."

Heh, I'd already know what to code if I got my hands on this magic stuff =D

p.s: Viral Marketing? I think not.
Until I see the same ship in Halo 3 I doubt this is any viral marketing at all.

[edit on 6/7/07 by -0mega-]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by corda

Yeah read his book topics, he used the word primer again.

book

This IS our guy. He will be going to jail.

It's people like this that really discourage me in the UFO community. Leaping to conclusions in a single bound.

Here's what we've "got" on this guy:

1) He works at the same place the hoaxer mentions (which, in my mind, makes him less likely to be involved, but whatever)
2) He uses the word "primer" (a word that anyone involved in science/academia hears all the time)
3) He's got a PhD in graphics and visualization (which means the technology behind graphics and visualization, not graphic design or movie-style CGI)
4) He's got an interest in UFOs and conspiracies (hardly uncommon among the geek set)

Based on that, people like 11 11 are ready to call in the lynch mob, going so far as to put bold tags on the word "IS". And people wonder why UFO "investigators" have such a bad name.

Really, really sad.

(BTW - I should note that this guy could certainly be the hoaxer, but I'd only give him marginally better odds than any other random person at this point, honestly)

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join