It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 321
<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Actually, I wouldn't use a dummy. I would just move the Pivot/IK/Link of the object which is way easier than creating a dummy, and making a hierarchy of parts.

you can't be serious.
a hierarchal link easier to setup than dropping a dummy in and linking everything to it? you are delusional, my friend.

But, since you are an amateur, I'm sure you don't know how to use pivots.

wow.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by spf33]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spf33
it's not my fricken model!

@ wayne - yep, you got me. i used a dummy just like any other idiot 3d guy would. i am the hoaxer.

Not your model, but you used the dummy.....

...dummy.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

you can't be serious.
a hierarchal link easier to setup than dropping a dummy in and linking everything to it? you are delusional, my friend.

It's obvious you don't know what I am talking about. You see, every single primitive shape that you bring into 3DSM has it's own pivot automatically. Normally this pivot starts at x0/y0/z0. All you have to do is click 3 buttons and move the pivot. You don't have to make a dummy, or even touch the hierarchy/parent object list.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You see, every single primitive shape that you bring into 3DSM has it's own pivot automatically. Normally this pivot starts at x0/y0/z0. All you have to do is click 3 buttons and move the pivot. You don't have to make a dummy, or even touch the hierarchy/parent object list.

this is quite frustrating...
what do primitives and moving pivot points have to do with linking everything to a dummy so that when i repositioned the drone for whatever reason all i had to do was grab the dummy?

any max users care to weigh in and straighten out allisone?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

this is quite frustrating...
what do primitives and moving pivot points have to do with linking everything to a dummy so that when i repositioned the drone for whatever reason all i had to do was grab the dummy?

Ok lets clarify. Wayne successfully pointed out the misalignment of the "nubs". 0ne of his explanations for the misalignment was that the creator of the drone used a "null/node/dummy" as a pivot point to swing the arms around, or to twist the entire drone around.

My point is, you don't even need a "null/node/dummy" to do such an operation, because it is much easier to just move the "Pivot" of all the objects to the center of the drone, and use THAT method.

I can select every single piece of the drone, click 3 buttons, and have ALL of their pivots aligned all in the same coordinates. This step is 1000 times faster than making a dummy, and linking all the parts to the dummy.

Clearly, Wayne pointed out the exact method you used.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

This step is 1000 times faster than making a dummy, and linking all the parts to the dummy.

Clearly, Wayne pointed out the exact method you used.

yeah and once you align every objects pivot to the center torus any time you want to move or rotate an object in it's own world space you need to recenter it on the specific object. not a good work flow for all the adjustments necessary.

and 3 clicks to link everything to a dummy.

so now you are directly calling me a hoaxer?

isn't this libel? you have a lawyer, right?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

completely solid model...wow...
you have no idea what you are talking about. go over to omf and check out hpo's model, his model is dozens of separate pieces.

Actually, I think YOU don't know what you are talking about.

Haven't any of you 3D modelers herd of the "attach" button? This keeps your pieces from moving around on you!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pardon me for a split a second Is this your work Spf33, I know how much already you hate experts, and I will say without exageration passion, but is this your work? It is from the early 2000's

admin edit:
Images that depict CGI artwork that is very similar in style and character to the CGIdrone hoax images have been removed at the request of spf33 who created them and owns the copyright to them.

a simple yes or no and you can continue, Thank you both.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Haven't any of you 3D modelers herd of the "attach" button? This keeps your pieces from moving around on you!

and again why would i or wayne or hpo or the other model maker guy attach all geometry. again, pita for working with specific object adjustments.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
jesus, sys. not cool.

yeah, that stuff is mine.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

yeah and once you align every objects pivot to the center torus any time you want to move or rotate an object in it's own world space you need to recenter it on the specific object. not a good work flow for all the adjustments necessary.

Actually, If I needed to rotate an individual piece of the drone, you can simply click the "element" selection box, and then click the "Pivot" adjust button, then click the "Center to Object" button. Yes, 3 clicks.

Work flow...
. You trying to mass produce these hoax's or something??

isn't this libel? you have a lawyer, right?

I have an uncle that is a judge in Arizona. Also, another uncle that is a lawyer. Yes, you want some?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

any max users care to weigh in and straighten out allisone?

I would care to ask that allisone stop calling people "dummy" It's childish and against the T&C.

--

I still haven't figured out why this is considered a 100% hoax when it's still an ongoing phenomena. I stop by here to check on the update and instead of getting quality info, I have to sift through crap like this.. almost 7000 posts and people have genuine interest in knowing what is the truth and it's obfuscated by the shear number of useless posts.

I dabble in 3d and a TON of other programs and debating a silly point like this and then reducing it to name calling is disgraceful and 1 more thing degrading the level of quality on this forum.

------

To help me out and a lot of others I'm sure, is there a place, site, document or whatever that outlines the hoax?

Describing possible used render settings and so on doesn't work as a true determination. Seeing people adopt this in the public is also not something that determines this a hoax.. sheesh, the "macarana" dance hit the entire world so a few people using this design to make money means nothing.

I see a lot of logic that seems to be self confusing as well.. So please, as a considered hoax, is there a "cliff notes" version of this 7000 post thread which explains it for the common man with a wife and child + business and 4 animals as being a hoax?

The reason why I'm pleading is the Earthfiles site, Chicago sighting, river sighting, airbrush artist sighting, testimonies from people 30 years ago and so on is starting to make me look at it again.

b

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Actually, If I needed to rotate an individual piece of the drone, you can simply click the "element" selection box, and then click the "Pivot" adjust button, then click the "Align to Object" button. Yes, 3 clicks.

3 unneccesary clicks if using a dummy.
i'm going to go from the viewport all the way over to the command panel>heiracry everytime i want to move something?
c'mon man.

Also, another uncle that is a lawyer. Yes, you want some?

call me the hoaxer and it's game on...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

No NO NO, lets continue the discussion. Bspiracy, then you have not been keeping up the thread as we discussed all those matters on the thread. Let them finish, please.
Continue Sp33 and Allisone
I am sure its his opinion, but when you only wear a mask and not a real name, or business, I dont see Libel, which is why we request experts or people putting themselves up as such to take off masks. Then you can allege an injury.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

and again why would i or wayne or hpo or the other model maker guy attach all geometry. again, pita for working with specific object adjustments.

I didn't say anything about "attaching ALL" of the pieces. But you could have saved your self lots of headache if you at least attached the "nubs" to the armature.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I didn't say anything about "attaching ALL" of the pieces. But you could have saved your self lots of headache if you at least attached the "nubs" to the armature.

i'll keeping repeating myself until we are both blue in the face.
keeping the geometry separate and linking it all to a dummy was the best solution for my workflow and method.
i would have grouped it all and skipped the dummy altogether if max didn't create keys on every stupid object in the group not just the 1 group object.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

keeping the geometry separate and linking it all to a dummy was the best solution for my workflow and method.

it's not my fricken model!

Case closed. You are a liar.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

jesus, sys. not cool.

yeah, that stuff is mine.

I will remove it then and put only a reference to the site. You realize the similarity or influence of the work predating drones by a substantial margin.

This is not proof you are a hoaxter. But you are remarkably talented, and should level with all here. When you stop battering experts and authority figures as a great evil, you will go far in life.

I had to make sure it was yours first.
I hope you reconsider now opening up

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Case closed. You are a liar.

what?
you've seriously lost it.
my workflow with the rwiggins model makes me a liar how?

keep going man...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
I hope you reconsider now opening up...

sys, did you read at omf why i want to remain anon?
do you know why i'm ultra interested in the drones?
when do i batter experts?
they can take care of themselves, i batter weak arguments and opinions.

top topics

<< 318  319  320    322  323  324 >>

join