It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware the coming Global Cooling!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wow that's some intense political bias.

Who me? Oh yes I am big time. I dont like many politicians at all, but the ones on the left scare the %^&^*(( and ^&%^(%(^% out of me.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I am worried about weather averaging which is a condition where the planet stays at a normal room temperature

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The questions we must find the answer to are simple,

Is the globe warming a natural cycle?

Is it possible we are closer to a mini ice age than more warming?

What can 'man' actually do about it?

The politically correct answer is to only look at one side of the possibilities, the one that the tulipwalkers consider the only possibility and to hell with the actual science of the matter.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Funny how things are looked at after a couple of years of Tulipwalker hype.

How was this winter for Europe? Is Global Warming at the top of everyones list still? Is Al Gore even relevant anymore?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
hello all, these items I am about to mention are from my printed archives, which originally came from ATS posts, links, or TV programs.
CO2 is0.0038% of the atmosphere, if that little can heat do much, as babylonstew said, with Mars having 75% CO2, Mars should be boiling.
Humans eject 56 Gigatons of crap into the atmoshpere every year, the 'natural' world puts 350 Gigatons into the atmosphere.
Volcano emissions have risen 300% in the last 2,000 years, I bet humans have not equalized that yet.
Methane holds 20 times more heat that CO2, but does not hold it as long as CO2 can. Termites produce more Methane than cows burp (cows don't f**t) Cows have four stomachs, the first one produces the Methane.
Volcano's produce the same deadly gas we do, sulfer dioxide, CO2, hydrogen, helium, nitrogen, argon, particulates, methane, even water vapour, a really bad heat retainer.
The British Met. office has issued a graph showing World average temperature has stopped rising since the year 2,000.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Yes - it was changed from Global Warming to Climate change...

Now it will be something else, the predictions are crap...

The Sun is entering a cooling phase......

I did notice something, coal plants have been shut down in the US, jobs lost, and power is no longer cheap. That was the goal. Wealth redistribution at its finest. I see China and India followed along right? Right?

Yeah - once again I was right...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

The best Scientists will freely admit that as far as the Milankovitch cycles are concerned we are entering an ice age. But the disclaimer is the amount of man made CO2 has stopped it. If you believe in CO2 warming then don't worry. However the Greenland ice cores say that full Glaciation can occur in as little as a few decades. Some signs are difficult to ignore, but since no one alive has seen how it begins its all debatable. What is of concern is the jet streams around the Equator has recently packed up, a blocking high pressure is starting to sit off of Alaska and Maine, and the northern jet stream seems to wonder down between these highs and bring the arctic cold down south. The water off of Maine is getting the warmth from the gulf stream and causing this eastern high. Which means Western Europe isn't getting the benefit from it. Which is the only reason that with a latitude of Nova Scotia its not as cold. The problem is that if the damp tropical air slams into the cold Arctic air it turns to snow immediately .Instead of cooling slowly and raining. I think if this winter becomes the worst in living memory it might be time to plan accordingly .

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Here we are in the southern hemisphere in extreme drought and fires, there's a fire front near Sydney that is some 100 000 hectares and more than 300 000 burnt . Hot and dry in the south potentially coupled with freezing in the north.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Here we are in the southern hemisphere in extreme drought and fires, there's a fire front near Sydney that is some 100 000 hectares and more than 300 000 burnt . Hot and dry in the south potentially coupled with freezing in the north.

nah, record heat up here in the north too

grapevine.is...

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
And yet, no one explains how olives were grown in Germany in the 1500's.

Earth changes, the Sun is the big player. It's cyclic in nature.

Magnetic pole shift, crust displacement, micro nova's, all these things are possible. I do believe the truth is known but not in the public domain as truth but wacky theories. I just try to pick out the parts that are realistic as best I can.

So now I guess those nasty coal plants delayed the ice age? Funny growing up in the 70's that was the going theory. The next ice age is upon us and then a 30 year shift to 'we will all burn up' and now we are back again.

I KNOW that the killing of the coal plants has caused serious issues. It was cheap energy as is nuclear minus red tape. Now we have subsidized wind and solar that is fine when it works. It would seem someone forgot Base loading concepts.

Nonetheless, the big guy upstairs is in control in the big picture so I just persevere and leave it to Him.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: edsinger
I did notice something, coal plants have been shut down in the US, jobs lost, and power is no longer cheap.

The average kWh retail price has been flat to slightly down over the last 5-10 years in part due to efficacy changes of various types. Power is actually just as cheap or somewhat cheaper depending on your state.

edit on 7-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

past 2 weeks windy and raining in Tasmania not unusual weather really.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
too many conflicting Factors at play to plot a direction for the climate...

the grand solar minimum has not been going long enough nor strong enough to cast a narrow path of the future trends

the salinity & temperatures of the Gulf Stream ocean current is leading toward a Trend of changes, perhaps extreme

the over heating of the Earth Core/outer-core/Mantle is causing outgassing & magma hot-spots galore & active calderas'

the annual meteor showers are flexing by the cyclic presence of heavy & denser debris fields greater than historical events

the wandering poles and the presence of multiple poles in various locations which then subside...early pole flip activity

the list of 'factors' in the climate stability equation are too many to list in a single post

no vested scientist has the machismo to claim these Factors as 'proven'... so it is up to the 'fringe' , doom-sayers to alert the public with whats considered looney predictions/ trends about the world around us... in this Pre-End-Time period that some call the 'Beginning-of-Sorrows'...

~ridicule is par for the course, like water off a ducks' back~
edit on th31157573260307302019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I was listening to the music chart show from 1980 earlier today on the radio and I could remember exactly what the weather was like for some reason, wet and cold as per usual for Scotland exactly the same conditions as back then

Global warming nope

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I did notice something, coal plants have been shut down in the US, jobs lost, and power is no longer cheap.

The average kWh retail price has been flat to slightly down over the last 5-10 years in part due to efficacy changes of various types. Power is actually just as cheap or somewhat cheaper depending on your state.

I deal with power, you are talking averages. When your production has to stop when it is $9000 a MWhr because the wind is not blowing, your point is moot.

Power to the consumer, home consumer is not really affected. It was a hidden tax on industry. It is why it is federally subsidized.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

in this Pre-End-Time period that some call the 'Beginning-of-Sorrows'...

Agreed with most of what you said, especially this one.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That is why we no longer call it Global Warming and now say Climate Change.
Because some places will get colder when others get warmer.
The whole disruption of the Gulf Stream will change temperatures across western Europe.
Better invest is sheep.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I deal with power...

Good, so do I.

...you are talking averages.

And? You need to average kWh, otherwise you get too low of a number in winter and too high in summer.

When your production has to stop when it is $9000 a MWhr because the wind is not blowing, your point is moot.

Wind is supplemental, the bulk of United States electricity is produced by gas turbines.

Power to the consumer, home consumer is not really affected. It was a hidden tax on industry. It is why it is federally subsidized.

You're talking out of your ass now. Electricity actually costs less for commercial and industrial purposes than residential.. If you really did 'deal with power' you'd know why.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: amraks

I don't think the Southern hemisphere gets hammered as much in the early stages of a GSM as the Northern one, you will be getting more refugees. Should keep the house price bubble going. Theirs plenty of water under the Great Artesian basin, but the last time I heard they were capping off all the unattended bores . I believe South Africa is having a drought as well, all the rain must be falling in the South , Timaru in NZ is in a state of Emergency because of flooding, I am on tank water and for the last three years the tank has been full, previously I would have to get it topped up.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Good, so do I.

As do in in the millions of kWhrs, it is my profession so to speak.

And? You need to average kWh, otherwise you get too low of a number in winter and too high in summer.

Well, peaks which set your transmission costs occur more in the winter in my local......

Unless you hedge your purchases you will get burned, severely.

Wind is supplemental, the bulk of United States electricity is produced by gas turbines.

I presume coal is still 20-30 %. Look at this way, if not for the fracking and 'cheap' gas, that would not have been done. 15 years ago it cost $100 MWhr to make it with NatGas. Today it is comparable to coal, unless you count Obama's regulations which made so many go under. Coal without the undue burden would be around $20. NatGas likewise. Wind costs around $75-$100 but it is subsidized heavily. Solar? Yeah right ask Germany about that one, install a solar grid when you do not have the sun days to make it work. If NatGas were to go back to $10-12 a Decatherm, industry would grind to a halt. They can not pay $100 a MWhr like residential customers. I know believe me.

Ask the great state of Texas, new wind everywhere, and measly 200MW plant was slated to close as they could not compete with subsidized wind. What happened? ERCOT said NO, they realized they needed base load production and then subsidized the coal plant. Go figure.

You're talking out of your ass now. Electricity actually costs less for commercial and industrial purposes than residential.. If you really did 'deal with power' you'd know why.

Listen up, I use that site more than you know. I realize industry pays less, around 5 -7 cents a kWhr if they are lucky and use enough to get that rate. PG&E charges residential more than 15 cents a kWhr, it was 12 when I lived there. That is double, but that is the art of hedging for power costs. TVA is around 7 cents as they still have coal to some degree. I never said industry pays more than residential, if they did I would not have a job. So therefore you are bloviating.

Have you ever seen an electric bill for 25,000,000 kWhrs in a month? It makes all the difference in manufacturing.

No whom is talking out of their pie hole?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join