It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware the coming Global Cooling!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Welcome to Global Cooling

The mud at the bottom of B.C. fjords reveals that solar output drives climate change - and that we should prepare now for dangerous global cooling

As I have been saying for a long time now, Global Cooling is just as much a possibility as Global Warming. It signifies just how much we DONT know about the Earth and its inner workings.

Parliament should have "a real good discussion about the potential for carbon capture and sequestration in dealing with carbon dioxide, which has tremendous potential for improving the climate, not only here in Canada but around the world," would be humorous were he, and even the current government, not deadly serious about devoting vast resources to this hopeless crusade.

Could it really be beneficial to the Earth? Do these GW addicts actually even consider the possibilities?

This too will be shot down as 'propaganda', but at least the seed has been planted, those that are curious might even look into it on their own.

Remember -- BEWARE what the 'Tulipwalkers' try to force upon you!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Edsinger, whether you believe in man-made climate-change or another theory, either situation will produce a Global cooling effect anyway.

I call it climate change as opposed to GW, as that is a more accurate term and one that is used in the UK a hell of a lot more than Global Warming.

GW is so 90's.... Hardly anyone here calls it that.

Climate change is the buzzword now as they realised that whatever is happening won't necessarily result in Mediterranean temperatures in S#horpe, but will more than likely plunge us into a new Ice age.

Personally, I believe that climate change is natural, as it has happened countless times before, but we are certainly not helping matters with our emissions and are probably pushing it along somewhat.

I don't get why, especially on ATS, there is a massive schism between the man-made supporters and the natural supporters.

Both theories actually fit together nicely. It is perfectly sensible to assume the process would have occurred naturally anyway, but our activities have sped it up a little or perhaps amplified the affects.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The reason most here at ATS buy into the man made GW is that it is politically correct to blame man for everything, its an agenda at its heart and it has most of the scientists on board with the bigger plan.

It is nice to know that not everyone buys it.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
its an agenda at its heart and it has most of the scientists on board with the bigger plan.

What bigger plan? What agenda?

Did I miss the memo?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Did I miss the memo?

I'm not exactly sure what Ed is alluring too, but I have noticed something over the past 1-2years.

Namely, Governments seem to be using the Climate Change phenomenon to tax us further and raise revenue in order to implement new technologies without them or big business being out of pocket.

Certainly the perception I get in the UK anyway. All the parties now have "green" agenda's, which nearly all involve extra taxes to "pay" for new technologies that in reality have been developed and paid for years ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
But I don't see how that is anything to do with scientific researchers.

Many politicans are just opportunistic @ssholes. It's like blaming increasing tobacco tax on the medical researchers who discovered the health risks of smoking.

Politicians will tax whatever they can get away with.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

But I don't see how that is anything to do with scientific researchers.

Think funding and grants..

Santa doesn't bring them on Christmas morning, you know

Not that I'm saying all scientists are in the pay of Corporations and Government, but a great deal of science is done (or at least paid for) by them.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Think funding and grants..

Santa doesn't bring them on Christmas morning, you know

But it still doesn't make sense. The researchers who are working on climate science are being funded anyway. They can only do so many things at a time.

If we all accepted what the science clearly says, that human activity is having a significant effect and we would be wise to act, it would be more likely to result in less extensive research, rather than more.

In the area of new technologies, again, the research is already being funded. It would just be funded a bit better. But they are a different group of people (i.e. different fields).

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ed, TULIP WALKER THIS!

I was going to post the story. The fact is that Global warming and Global cooling seem to go hand in hand- at least that is what i get from my shows such as the "Coming Little Ice Age".

This is not new. It has to do with the currents, etc.

Now, i beleive Global Warming is a cyclical thing, and also mankind is helping it along. What is the big deal? I dont understand why people fight over this over and over again- Is it Gore? He probably doesnt have the correct idea either.
So? What is so important about all this?? WE freeze, or we die of heat- or the nukes will get us, or that mountain size asteroid will hit where you live.
So?
I dont see what the big deal is. So much effort is spent on this- mother nature is in command and George Bush is NOT.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
also over the next few years we will be entering a more active cycle of solar activity like more sun spots and coronal holes that sort of thing

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

its an agenda at its heart and it has most of the scientists on board with the bigger plan.

Did I miss the memo?

I guess so, don't you watch CBS or the BBC?

The Earth will burn up in less than 100 years if we don't quit burning fossil fuels, I can believe you haven't heard this.

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ed, TULIP WALKER THIS!

Why thanks! Wink

And yes Global warming could be or probably is happening, the difference is just what percentage of it is caused by man, I believe very LITTLE of it is but it is being used as someone said for a reason to tax the crap out of us even more. It is a politically correct slogan now and the 'tulipwalkers' jump right on the bandwagon.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I guess so, don't you watch CBS or the BBC?

The Earth will burn up in less than 100 years if we don't quit burning fossil fuels, I can believe you haven't heard this.

I think that's what the science generally says, if you consider an increase of 2-4.5'C to be the 'earth burning up'.

That's not an agenda or plan, just the results of a series of scientific studies. I guess this plan was started back in the 1890s with Arrhenius...

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I bet once this is accepted they'll blame it on terrorists just like they blamed bad weather on the mexicans, ?El nino and El Nina

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nah, it will still be blamed on the United States for the most part even though China has now taken the lead in CO2 emissions.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Pardon my ignorance, but I gotta ask.....what the heck is a tulipwalker??

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie

See my Signature

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A dutch farmer?

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

See my Signature

Wow that's some intense political bias.

Haven't you seen Gore's "smut" video, which is "by far the most terrifying film you will ever see"? "It's like a nature walk through the Book of Revelation". Check it out by the Day After Tomarrow.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Its Ed Singer's loving term for Liberals. He's been using it for years.
Ed's ok- he's refering to Tiny Tim-

BTW, Ed, how come you're only involved in Global warming or cooling?
Why not the NWO or that great guy, Bush?

Just having fun with ya.

[edit on 24-6-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

BTW, Ed, how come you're only involved in Global warming or cooling?
Why not the NWO or that great guy, Bush?

Just having fun with ya.

Time Contraints...... Busy guy U know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join