It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Normal Things Can't You Do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What are some normal, everyday things you just can't do? The simplest of things you have trouble doing?

I can not measure by eye. Cooking, or anything that involves measuring. If I have to pour a cup of water, I need a measuring cup. A teaspoon of seasoning, I need a teaspoon to measure it. :shk:

You?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm spilling blood and I can't hardly contain it.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I can not measure by eye. Cooking, or anything that involves measuring. If I have to pour a cup of water, I need a measuring cup. A teaspoon of seasoning, I need a teaspoon to measure it.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. In baking cakes and stuff like that, it's really crucial to measure exactly. If you're just marinating a piece of meat or something, then it really doesn't matter too much, make it however you want.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
I can not measure by eye. Cooking, or anything that involves measuring. If I have to pour a cup of water, I need a measuring cup. A teaspoon of seasoning, I need a teaspoon to measure it. :shk:

That's just a matter of experience. The more you do it the better you get at it. Do you NEED a teaspoon? More? Less? Experiment. You'll find what works. Red meat= rosemary. Chicken/fish= thyme. How are you cooking it? That makes the difference between a shake and a rub.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Whistling has always been a problem for me. I have never been able to blow out and whistle. I can only whistle when I suck in. It's kind of strange.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Maybe it's a female thing but I can't judge approximate square footage by just looking at it.
I had a house built this past year and this became a real problem for me with the subs.

Contractor: How many square feet do you want the bathroom?

Me: (*blank eyes*) ummmm....is 10 enough?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have a very large issue..I can't seem to make it through one single day without stubbing my toe or walking into a wall. No I don't drink or do drugs.:shk: , I'm just naturally clumsy..or my depth perception is wayyyy off.

[edit on 19-6-2007 by angel_crush]

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I can't roll my R's, or trill with my tongue. Not that unusual I suppose, but it seems everyone I know can do that. It's irritating, especially when you're learning a language like French.

I can shake my eyeballs though, which is always fun to spring on people at a party.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I cant use clothing hangers, no matter how many times I try, everything just falls off of them, its almost sad, but I just have a big pile of hoodies and jackets in my closet, only one thing actually on a hanger.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
hmm i can do it all..hahaha nah i can't wink actually. when i try i look weird haha i just dont know how to to do it!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I can't not "see" patterns...

Well I can see them, but my mind can not comprehend them as patterns..

I discovered this while taking a "one on one" Intelligence test in college.. MANY years ago...

The only set back with that is I have REAL problems doing my officers payroll and schedules, so I just delegate.. LOL

Microsoft Excel is my version of the BOOGY MAN...

Semper

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
According to my wife I can't do anything right and I'm no where near normal.

I can't do anything in the kitchen without making it look like a war zone.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I cant seem to ever find my remote control. For some reason I put it down and blammo it's gone like a second latter.

This also happens with my car keys, lighter, and cigarettes, and some times my wallet. It really stinks to be so absent minded

[edit on 6/20/2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm not called anxietydisorder for no reason.

I can't go outside very often, and I can't go to places with lots of people. The internet has become my interaction with the world, and I have people that deliver the things I need to stay indoors.

But I have a really cool place with lots of stuff to do, so it's not that big of a problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I cant open the tablet bottles! lol the child proof ones,

For some reason i have a lot of trouble trying to open them to the point i try to bite the sides ect lol...

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I cant open the tablet bottles! lol the child proof ones,

I understand your frustration asala. :bnghd:

You got the push and twist ones.
Then you have the ones that the arrows need to line up.
The ones that go click, click, click, unless you put enough pressure on them.
One time I had these mini vials that had metal seals, I had to find something to poke a hole in them.

I've bought plain aspirin that I was ready to take a knife and cut the top off. :shk:

I think only kids are smart enough to open these things.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
...all my life...I could never snap my fingers.

No matter how hard I try, I could never do it... =(

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
...all my life...I could never snap my fingers.

I feel your pain...:shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Like Kacen & Falken I can not snap my fingers.

I can't swim either, which is ironic, well more like not good considering where I live.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cutting…something that always has and always will haunt me.

Started in early elementary school when I had to colour things and cut them out, needless to say I never did well on those assignments.

Even now anything that has to deal with cutting, like food or cardboard/wood I have to be a baby and get someone else to do it. (unless I wanna spend 7 hours in the emergency room)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join