It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Normal Things Can't You Do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
i can't run for long periods of time, I'm an asthmatic (is that how you spell that?) if I'm chased by a wild animal, I'm screwed

i also can't snap my fingers.

Roswell.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I can't read a tape measure.

I have real problems with jacket zippers, They usually end up caught in the material or broke.

Walking up stairs. I tend to have more bruises on my shins than those around me.Lol

Downsizing a picture on the internet for my avatar. It looks complicated so I just avoid it.

I can't dock our boat. It's a 26' cabin cruiser and I get butterflies just thinking about it. I saw a lady dock hers the other day to get gas and I was so jelous.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Do any of us on ATS do anything normal???? lol
I'm not the worlds best cook but I try, sometimes at the peril of others!!

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Do any of us on ATS do anything normal???? lol
I'm not the worlds best cook but I try, sometimes at the peril of others!!

lol perhaps not, well I'm not a gormet cook either. Can't stand on my head does that count?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I can't not "see" patterns...

Well I can see them, but my mind can not comprehend them as patterns..

I discovered this while taking a "one on one" Intelligence test in college.. MANY years ago...

Semper, I did very poorly on my performance part of my IQ test. You know the part where they give you blocks and you have to look at a picture and make the same design with the blocks? Yeah, that one. :shk:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
...all my life...I could never snap my fingers.

No matter how hard I try, I could never do it... =(

While it took me a while to learn how to do that, whistling has still always been more of a problem for me.

I have never really been able to blow up balloons very well either.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i cant balance, im always falling over

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
i can't run for long periods of time,

I don't run period. If you see me running, you had better turn around and run too, because there is something that I am running from.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
SpeakerofTruth: You listed my entire roster of things I don't do well. I can't whistle, blow up balloons, make shapes out of those stupid blocks and running is for fugitives. Are we related?

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Another thing.

I did'nt learn how to tie shoes until I was 12.

I can do it, though I'm generally a bit lazy, since I'm hot and tired after GYM class that
I just tuck them in until later though, I do tie them in the beginning to.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have no sense of direction. I don't understand North, South, East and West.

In my old town, the East side was the South side to me, the West side was the North side, the North side was the west side, and the South side was the East side. I don't know why.
It makes driving difficult, to say the least.

Edit- I can't whistle either. Or use a stove or an oven. All my food is raw or microwaved

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Pink_Cola]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
SpeakerofTruth: You listed my entire roster of things I don't do well. I can't whistle, blow up balloons, make shapes out of those stupid blocks and running is for fugitives. Are we related?

Maybe somewhere down the line.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Another thing.

I did'nt learn how to tie shoes until I was 12.

Hell, I was about seven before I learned to tie mine.
I only learned then because my dad made me sit for about two hours tying them over and over and over again.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pink_Cola

In my old town, the East side was the South side to me, the West side was the North side, the North side was the west side, and the South side was the East side. I don't know why.
It makes driving difficult, to say the least.

Edit- I can't whistle either. Or use a stove or an oven. All my food is raw or microwaved

[edit on 6/22/2007 by Pink_Cola]

You must be female.
Sorry, I had to say it.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
PC-solidarity, sister! It's called spatial dyslexia. People don't realize what a handicap it is to have no sense of direction. There's a lot of "direction related" skills that can't be mastered because of spatial dyslexia. Sewing requires you to turn fabric inside out and sew it in a way that when you turn it right side out, it actually looks like a garment. *shudders* too scary. Reading maps or schematics or blueprints. (follow the little blue line going right and then turn down...) I figure that as long as I'm still in an English-speaking country, I'm not truly lost. On the "up" side...those of us who are spatially dyslexic have seen parts of the country that most people don't even know exist. It can be adventurous. Always keep a jug of water and some jerky in your car as a precaution, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join