It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: When Is It OK To Kill A Gray?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would warn a grey if i found him/her in my home.

I would be more angry if i found a grey in my children's room.

I would defend my children with all the strength i have.

If i found a grey in my children's room i would first ask it to leave.

If it failed to leave i would damage it to such a degree with physical trauma that it would cause its life functions to cease.

Then i would wait for it's companion's to appear and deal with them in the same fashion.

I would only kill the grey's if they intended to harm or take my children.

If they were just in my house or children's room by mistake i would allow them to leave.

I would rather they took me than my family. So i would maybe offer them this option first depending on the situation before any of the above took place.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 1-6-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would treat it like a person from another country. No fast hand movents, no loud noises, eye to eye, polte bow. The second I lost time without my consent, beat them like you were mike tyson and they were your stepson.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How exactly would you kill the grey that's taking your organs out? ANd if you do succeed who will put your organs back? :p

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think self defense can wholly be justified in the case that ones life is in danger, however, I think it would be really difficult to gauge exactly when your life is being put in danger. If for example you were being abducted and you see this probe nearing your eye-ball or stomach, would that warrant just cause for self defense? It may be that the probe is being inserted for some mutually beneficial reason that may aid in communication or whatever. However, I think If the Grey's happen to abduct you then it is their responsibility to treat you with fragility so as to avoid you freaking out and blowing a gasket. If on the other hand we were to abduct a Grey, then it would probably be our responsibility to treat it in such a way that it doesn't need to act out of self defense.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I never post about this here on ATS as there are more gray sightings than you can shake a stick at with no real evidence other than the persons word so my little tale doesn't make mine any more convincing than those. However the topic at hand leads me to describe my own experience of looking eye to eye with an alien (potentially a gray).

When I was about 10 years old, I was sleeping in the bottom of my bunk bed, no one was at the top bunk as my brother who was older had his own room and only slept on the top bunk when we he relatives over.

During the night - I knew it was night because it was dark outside, I jumped out of bed (I sleep in my stomach so I had to rotate myself to sit up quickly) to see my mother standing next to an alien. Being only 10, I jumped right under the sheets. My next memory is waking back up, it was now the morning as the sun was now up to see an aliens face no more than two feet away from me. Obviously I was scared, I stared at it for a couple seconds and then lunged my hand at it at the same time I said "boo!". The alien moved quickly, basically streaked out of my room and through my bedroom door. I say streaked because the movement was so quick that it gave a sort of hologram effect. I got up and opened the door and saw nothing and I went back to my bed and started crying. My father woke up and came and layed with me a bit but I wasn't ever able to get back to sleep that night.

In retrospect, I haven't seen anything like this since and I always wonder if I would have handled the situation differently. I sometimes hope they will return and I will try to keep my cool.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

This is the crux of the problem; we are judging the Greys by comparison to our cultures, which by and large (with a few notable exceptions) are peace loving and tolerant. For all we know, their evolution to a highly technoligical society may have been abysmally hard, say in the respect of having to compete with another, contemporaneous species, or an incredibly harsh environment. We'd be dealing with socio-cultural differences with no basis in 'reality' so to speak. Maybe they have been drawn to us purely because we are so confrontational. They might, heaven help them, feel at home in our presence.

That I agree.

At this moment we have no rights to judge or to make any rules against aliens for whatsoever reasons including self-defense. Not until we have a proper meeting with them. We sit down together and talk, we learn their culture and they learn our culture, what do we agree and what do not we agree to each other. Hopefully by then we can come out with Rules, Law and Order.

Originally posted by DarkSide

How exactly would you kill the grey that's taking your organs out? ANd if you do succeed who will put your organs back? :p

Brilliant

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I think it may be unwise to make an attempt to kill a “grey.” I don’t think we have enough information on them to determine their intentions with Humans to consider that a wise choice.

I know they exist; I’ve encountered them a couple times in my life time. I have never gotten the impression that they are “evil.” The overriding feeling I had was always one of extreme fear.

I’ve read a lot about UFO’s and “alien” encounters. Both in books and on the web. Based on feelings I have as a result of personal encounters, I consider probably 99% of what I’ve read to NOT be credible information. I really honestly believe that NO Human at this point really knows or understands what or who these “visitors” are. Or what their intentions are.

I have a little bit of a problem with the concept of “evil.” When people watch the “Alien” Movies, a lot of people consider the Aliens to be evil. But if the creatures in these movies are doing what they do to ensure the survival of their species, is it really fair to consider them “evil”? In nature, a lot of animals kill other animals to eat. Is that evil? There are certain wasps that inject their eggs in other insects, where they hatch and then eat the host insect from the inside out. Yeah, I know that’s gross and probably painful. But is it evil? They do what they do, not to be mean, but to ensure the survival of their respective species.

I think an evil act would be more like killing someone to take a “cool” pair a shoes.

When I take my dog to the Vet to get her shots, always makes me wonder about “greys.” My dog is afraid of the Vet. She always “yelps” from the pain of getting her shots. Should we be considered “evil” because we make an attempt to ensure our pet’s long term health? Even if they don’t understand what is going on?

If you were to ever find yourself in a position where you are concisely aware that you are in the presence of a “grey”, I would probably advise you not try and kill her.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What an interesting topic. I know someone who woke up to find a grey hanging over his wife. He punched it hard and it fell to the floor then it got up and ran off "through the wall". He's a sincere genuine guy who's had many experiences. I've also met someone who said they killed a grey. This person was an abductee who would see greys where other's couldn't. Apparently one time he looked out the window and saw a bubble of energy over a neighbours house and a bunch of greys going into the house, he reckoned to cause mischief/psychic attack or whatever. This person was high strung at the time because of a recent multiple witness/multiple entity car abduction and screamed "no" at them and one of them ripped apart in front of his eyes. I've no reason to disbelieve him but I'm of the opinion (sometimes) that the greys, (perhaps some of them) are tulpas or thoughtforms and maybe he did kill it, or burst someone elses psychic bubble. Wouldn't have liked to have been the "controller" at the other end of that thoughtform.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
one person fighting - representing humanity's 6 billion.. That's a noble thought, well said.

Isn't it funny how human instinct is always to fight?

Noble my arse...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well since we are in the hypothetical we have to deal with what would be the possibilities.

As observers first they may be well aware of our culture and our violent leanings. As such they may have protocals to identify potential harm via empathy, telepathy or body language. Given their low body fat, they might actually be faster and more effective than Bruce Lee ever was in hand to hand. Knowing we are about to strike, they could give a good smackdown.

There may be quid pro quo agreements with the world governments that allows them greater autonomous freedoms in exchange for information or technology. Your violent actions might be in violation of those loose agreements and result in whole scale invaisions or destruction. 9/11 could have been a warning strike over a bloody nose or chipped tooth, that Bush had to cover up real quick (still in hypothetical here folks).

Current amnesty bill could be broad brushed in scope. That it isn't for the benefit of Mexican nationals here illegally, but for our grey brothers. The change in policy from allowing migrant work research to full legal residency is but the paper groundwork for full disclosure.

Slabbing and bagging one to the authorities is still admission of murder of a sentient species and may be prosecuted as such. Especially if universal agreements and treaties had been made. They may have to hold you for extradition to face grey laws and justice system. With anal probing as general identification I would imagine the prison system would make a Turkish prison tame in comparison.

So how to kill a grey. Given that they study us, our communications and social conditions try to engage in one. Be open and benevolent about introducing them to professional wrestling. Start out nice and easy and let them get into it before showing them what The Rock is cooking. I mean accidents do happen after all, they can hardly fault you for that.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I would not kill a gray unless I had definite plans to eat it. Otherwise, I practice "catch-and-release."

I'm not a hill-billy.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm one of the peace loving, tree hugging, vegitarian types that thinks every life is special due to some spiritual beliefs.

With that out of the way. If a cow is charging at me in an aggressive manner and I have a gun, I'm going to kill the cow. No matter how sacred it's life my be because in essence my life is just as important. I like living.

So, the above goes for Greys. If one is coming at me in an aggressive manner and I have a gun, then yes, I will kill it. Then the government will come and explain to me that nothing happened here. What I killed wasn't a Grey, it was a...weather balloon that was...floating near the ground...ummm...in my house...yeah....laughing at me because I wear tighty whiteys.

The up side to this event is that what I hit the age of sixty I can write a book about it, get on Coast to Coast AM and talk about how I worked in Area 51 on reverse enginnering UFO's but after the government found out about my book they wiped my brain clean of all the important parts of the project but left me with just enough information that I look like I'm a total liar and could use me as a pawn in their disinformation campainges.

But you guys would believe me....right guys?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Is there any risk in not-killing a seemingly threat-neutral Gray?

As an alien species how could we even identify threat-neutral? We don't know their motives or moral codes. To them a peace symbol could mean "get ready for your probe". Walking down a trail and then bam, bright light and theres a Grey standing before me... Do they frown, flex, hunch over to prepare to charge, lift their hands to begin the mental whamy, or stand emotionless and unassuming? Any of these could be misprecieved provocations or greatings?

I would like to think that I could just say "Hi." and then get into the serious conversation about the meaning of life, and the diversity of it in the universe.

BUT:

On one hand I think I would want to kill or maim one as proof of it's existance... (Sorry Bigfoot, fairies, Mokele Mbembe, unicorns that's kind of what I am thinking about you too)

On the other it could be a really bad mistake to be hostile to an alien visitor. Both for yourself and your species... I think it has been said before, what if they are trying to do something good for you? And, (also said before) what if that provokes a more wide spread response? Think of wolves and what we as a species have done to them, just on precieved threat!

But if I awoke to ANYTHING or ANYONE probing my anals my very first reaction is going to be extreme violence. Period.

SO... don't put anything in my butt without my knowledge and I will seriously consider not killing you to show proof you exist!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow! Go to sleep for a few hours and blamo - thread "blows up". I'm impressed by the range of responses and the reasoning behind them. Thanks to everyone who's given an honest response to the hypothetical situation.

Some folks seem to indicate a that when threatened a "no-kill" policy has something to say for it. For others perhaps - no so much.

I appreciate the seriousness and candor in the responses - from "your an ignoble arse for trying to save one's own life on behalf of the human species" to "kill 'em all".

Some folks have touched on the communication aspect - and this is interesting and a neccessary part of understanding intent.

I want to give extra thanks to those who have disclosed their own personal Gray experiences. I am surprised how many folks (me included) ascribe human traits and aspects to the Gray aliens.

Thanks everyone,

Vic

[edit on 1-6-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
LMFAO x 10

I almost soiled my self just reading the topic. I always thought about this my self. I think the best time to kill it is as soon as I see those eyes looking at me through the window. Man, I would drag that thing in to the room before it can use its psychic powers on me, then I would knee it a couple times in the face.

Honestly, I think I would try to catch it alive, just knock it out.

I have even thought about those flying humanoids from Mexico. As for those, I would try my hardest to sneak up behind it and get on top of it to drag it down.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What an awful amount of hostility!

Look, the greys don't care about your personal space and they don't care that you've locked your bedroom door. They don't care about the shotgun by the side of your bed and they don't care about you being freaked out by them. They're here to do a job and they'll do so regardless of your feelings towards them or any attempt you might make to be hostile toward them.

You don't care about how a sheep feels when you restrain it and shear it and you don't care about a fish when you transfer it to a glass when you clean it's bowl. For you it's a means to an end and for them it's a similar approximation. The chances of you injuring or harming one are very, very slim. Equivalent, in fact, to that fish harming you.

Just relax and try and control the fear as much as you can if they come. They won't hurt you. They're indifferent to you unless you have something they want. Some of them even help us from time to time in order to accelerate our evolution. They aren't 'bad' or 'good', they have about the same moral code as your average human being. We just don't get how they operate.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
WANTED!! A GRAY-DEAD OR ALIVE!

I try to leave the bears alone when I see them, but I like to observe them- I'd probably do the same if a gray were around, however the first time I felt my life or my children's were in imminent danger by a gray, a human ,or a beast, I'd be prepared to defend-even until death-if they began to harm us.

I have no use in thinking I need to be the human ambassador for Earth to welcome Grays. I am in no place to judge their thoughts or project my own wishful thinking upon what knowledge they might have to share, or how peaceful they might be with that probe...nope...if they are uber intelligent and peaceful, they would have a way to communicate that without physical force, or causing mental anguish, or the appearance of dangerous or malicious intent.

So, if they be peaceful, I be peaceful.
If they show malicious intent, I'd defend to the extent I had to. Either way, how fun-what an experience, right? A gray-dead or alive.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Poaching of greys will be strictly enforced by intergalactic game wardens.

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think I would lean towards a "shoot first ask questions later" stance. Given the potential threat one of these little fellas might represent I would have a hard time not justifying some kind of pre-emptive action. It should be noted though that I base my actions on several key points:

1. The entity is on my property or in my house
  2. The entity represents a clear and present danger to my family based on it's completely unknown intentions
  3. The entity is either standing still or advancing
  4. I am presented with no other option by the entity

If I was faced with one of these fellas in a neutral environment where the only thing I have to protect is myself, I would take a slightly different stance. I would make it clear both verbally and through my actions that I am a potentially agressive being and intend to protect myself. One could use several techniques such as (don't laugh) bearing your teeth, making yourself look bigger, growling and or "whooping" in a low bass tone, hissing. If one looks to the animal kingdom, these are all standard warning techniques and it would be safe to assume that these warnings would evolve elsewhere and the entity would understand the threat you represent. If this fails and the entity continues to advance, then I'm afraid you have one option and one option only...kill it.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brxan
So, the above goes for Greys. If one is coming at me in an aggressive manner and I have a gun, then yes, I will kill it.

How much more aggression do you need. They take you without permission, they experiment on you, then they erase your mind so you don't even remember. Maybe if they just came out and stated their intentions without earasing your mind, it would be different. That is the reason why I think you will actually just be killing a CIA agent.

I bet if an animal in a make up testing lab, had the same physical strength, and brain functions as a human, it will most definitely want to get a piece of that human putting the lipstick on its eye. The only reason animals don't kill us is because most can't, and the ones that actually can, for some strange reason we have more respect towards them.

Smokersroom,

That is the basic, primitive side of all life here on earth. Noble, maybe not. Survival necessity, I think so.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by souls]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join