It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: When Is It OK To Kill A Gray?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm sure the title I chose conjures up vivd mental imagery for some... I chose it for other reasons though. The Gray part is non-negotiable.

Given the hypothetical situation one alone encounters a Gray or Grays and feels mortally threatened what are folks thoughts about the various ethical implications of perhaps having to kill or be killed?

Assuming that one had the means to do so what situation wouild or would not make it "OK" to end the existance of a Gray?

I'd like to hear a number of well measured serious responses as I hope there is a diversity of opinion for a collegial and friendly discussion - remember Grays only. Describe what you might consider or think about in deciding whether or not to kill a Gray.

Thanks,

Vic

[edit on 31-5-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think it would be in your best interest to kill the grey if said grey were in the process of removing an organ from your thoracic cavity. It's best to do this before said grey attempts to insert anything shiny into any part of your kibbles n' bits. I don't think anyone would care for the end result of such an encounter so I say with 100% confidence to feel free to throw said grey into a wall and show him the business end of a 900 lb silverback gone wild.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thanks for replying! I'd quite likely react (if I could) a bit sooner than any sort of "touching" let alone the other "treats" of experience that some have mentioned. No jangling the kibble n bits 100%.

If you saw one and it was just looking sort of potentially dangerous would you chose to kill it if you could? Little Gray fellow four foot tall near you... kill the Gray or Grays?

Thanks again,

Vic

[edit on 1-6-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If the greys were just standing there ...that's a tough one. I don't think I would kill them unless they we're moving in on me. It would be a rare treat to experience a close encounter of the third kind. They may just be interested in visiting you to see how far along we are as a social creature. If you killed a grey the others might retaliate and that would not bode well for you. But on the other hand they may be planning a sunday picnic with you as the guest of honor. It's a tough call so I suppose it's up to the person being treated to this rare and delightful close encounter.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Yeah, you see the dilemma. If I were to see a single Gray and it seemed friendly or at least threat-neutral I might choose not to "reach for a weapon"... maybe. It's that moment of change - from concern to threat to kill.

Yes, a CE3 would be a treat but it could be a trick too... abductee reports regarding Grays are a concern? Do your values as a human hinder or help in the decision in killing another sentient being? Or is it a human vs non-human thing?

Your last sentence says a bunch and points to the notion I had when I composed the thread that it is an individual decision at one level and your second last sentence where it's more of a species vs species thing.

I expect we may get a wide variety of responses... fingers-crossed.

Thanks,

Vic

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
awww i wouldnt want to kill a grey they are cute! hahaha I would try to make friends with them no need to be mean if they are just chillin

but maybe if it was attacking me or something .. you know self defense even then i dontknow if i could kill it, i would feel really bad afterwards. i'm pretty sure i could beat one up.but i bet they have crazy powers that will beat my lame high kicking skills haha i picture them all jedi mind force type of thing.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by TheBadge]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
That sounds fair to me too. Is there any way you'd decide what represents a threat? Do you ascribe any human qualities to the Grays even though they are likely not too "human" biologically?

The thought of defending myself without killing was not something I had considered and could be a successful survival tactic. Thanks for pointing that out. My Missus' adds (she's a martial arts competitor) that she'd kill rather than disable out of preference in this narrow case - by attempting a basal skull fracture at the top of the spine. I'm not in agreement with her on that action... I see potential value in a live and injured Gray.

It's the "crazy powers" that you mentioned that are an unknown for sure about the Grays. Let's say they have a "mind-whammy" device or capability, then kill them for sure if and when the chance presented itself to kill a Gray?

Thanks,

Vic

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'd probably only attempt to kill a Gray if I knew the little bugger was trying to either:

A) Remove my kibbles 'n bits from my body.
B) Moving towards me in an obviously aggressive stance.

If it's A, then, I'm probably already chained up or drugged up so I can't do much against them. I'd never let myself get into that position, trust me.

If it's B? I'd go ape# on them, something they can't do. If I don't have any weapons I'd just jump at them, I don't care. Show the little critters who's boss. Put up a fight so they know there are more humans like myself.

I highly doubt that the Greys would ever come here to kill us. There may be testing going on, but, I don't have a feeling towards the whole race trying to exterminate us... if they're even Greys.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's never a good idea to harm a 'gray' because they know exactly what they're doing and you might only suspect they are trying to hurt you in some manner, but they are not. They are doing their jobs. So just let them do their jobs....

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That seems reasonable Donoso. your "B" scenario reflects the rage I'd like to think I'd express - kind of an "us" and "them" deal at the species level... one person fighting - representing humanity's 6 billion.. That's a noble thought, well said.

I, like you, doubt the Grays come to kill us in number... I suspect we are of a value to them that requires live humans, perhaps in great number... at least so far.

So far we have several responses that seem to indicate killing a Gray is "OK" when it threatens our perceived personal well-being... but unless the threat is perceived we'd take no action. That sounds encouraging.

Is there any risk in not-killing a seemingly threat-neutral Gray? It would seem a simple issue on the surface... perhaps it is more complex and textured?

Thanks D',

Vic

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
laiguana, I understand your concerns... would it ever be "OK" to kill a Gray in your opinion? What might that situation be like for you?

Like the situation hypothetical states: laiguana alone comes into contact with Grays... and they want something from you... you (if you could) you'd do what? Something? Nothing? Flight, fight or other?

Do you have any evidence or reasong that Grays would not "try to hurt you" as you stated?

Thanks,

Vic

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Killing a gray is a FANTASTIC IDEA.

Here's why.

If you kill one, there's going to be evidence of you doing it. You can take its dead carcass to the cops and explain what you did and why.

There would be proof that something happened, and you'd be proving that the little bastards exist.

I'm all for the wholesale extinction of the alien gray race.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm not sure how I feel on this one. Obviously if they are openly hostile to you, I'd be openly hostile back. If they just sat there and said "I bring you love", well hell pass the stuff to me. Personally though, the only times I've ever seen they they freak the crap out of me.. so the only thing I could think of doing is scaring the crap out of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommychaos
Killing a gray is a FANTASTIC IDEA.

Here's why.

If you kill one, there's going to be evidence of you doing it. You can take its dead carcass to the cops and explain what you did and why.

There would be proof that something happened, and you'd be proving that the little bastards exist.

I'm all for the wholesale extinction of the alien gray race.

There is no way i would take it to the cops, not a chance. I would first post 100's of picture on here and on some other sites, within the first hour of killing it, then i would realy have to think about what to do with it, mabye take it to ATS HQ and get this before Big Brother does.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I can't think of a human statute of law that would prevent one from doing so... legally. I could be wrong and would like to have it pointed out if I am in error. It's not illegal to kill Grays.

Let's say wholesale destruction of the species were required as you suggest tommychaos... do you see any value in a live specimen or many... perhaps as a tool in the accelerated destruction of their entiire species?

What would be your immediate reaction as you (alone) come upon a Gray or Gray's what would you do? Wing 'em, whack-em? Slab 'em all - no survivors? Throw 'em in a pickup and take the carcasses to whom? Who would you/could you trust? Local police? Higher? The "Media"?

I find the various views expressed really, really cool and honest. Raw data - human

Thanks tommychaos, I'm sure many will feel the same as you do.

Cheers,

Vic

Epocha, Tk'? How about what you think you'd do and what would make you think "threat" as opposed to "friendly"?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I think this is the answer.

Is it OK to kill an American?

Lions eats deers and others, and you DO NOT have a right to kill lion.

Funny ay?

If Aliens eat human, human have the right to defense. But, there overall there is no RIGHT TO KILL aliens.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well kontol thank you for being candid.

I don't understand your answer in relation to the OP. Are you saying you want to kill Americans? Or it's just "OK" to kill Americans? Or are you trying to say that Grays are Americans? What's nationality got to do with it? Yikes! I didn't expect that... OK.

Do you mean that you value alien life above your own life AND the rest of the human race? Please clarify when you get the opportunity and are back online.

Thanks,

Vic

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well, the thought of the meeting of two totally separate sentient, intelligent species, both capable of rational thought and expression ending in blood shed is truly the nightmare scenario to end them all.

What we have to do here is step away from the media's portrayal of aliens, in movies and tv etc., and actually take a second to consider what we might be facing. Don't forget, by and large, every film or series that had an alien species as its central theme painted them as empirical and threatening. We have to distance ourselves from that, as we truly have no idea how the Greys tick. We assume, incorrectly in my opinion, that their culture somehow mimics ours, and feel comfortable in that assumption. If they think like us, then we know how to deal with them.

But what if they don't? What if their cognitive processes, shaped by a culture that may be inconceivably strange to us, has given them an inescapably illogical thought system? Their 'ways' might seem abhorent, immoral and oppresive. What we have to remeber, if we're armed with that knowledge, is that whilst it does not excuse it, it is not their fault. We would have to learn, and become seriously adept, in the art of tolerance, and expect them to do the same. But judging by the current global situation, that is something we sorely neede to learn anyway.

This is the crux of the problem; we are judging the Greys by comparison to our cultures, which by and large (with a few notable exceptions) are peace loving and tolerant. For all we know, their evolution to a highly technoligical society may have been abysmally hard, say in the respect of having to compete with another, contemporaneous species, or an incredibly harsh environment. We'd be dealing with socio-cultural differences with no basis in 'reality' so to speak. Maybe they have been drawn to us purely because we are so confrontational. They might, heaven help them, feel at home in our presence.

Surely, lest we devolve into conflict, before any contact happens we would need to have a mutual exchange of ideas, where both parties can adjust, and voice concerns about each other's worlds. What a catalyst and focus that would give all of us, and maybe even be the most wonderful of reasons to stop damn well blowing each other up.

But I haven't answered the question. Would I kill a grey?

If, and despite this supposed cultural exchange, they ignored our rights and freedoms, threatened the lives of my loved ones, my home and country, then yes, I would. And I would stand shoulder to shoulder with anybody who thought the same.

But, please please please, don't ever let it happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think waking up in the middle of the night, not being able to move with some scary grey standing over, sticking you with god knows what, constitutes an attack in my eyes. which would lead to a severe beating if I'm given half the chance (over 15 years martial arts training) and if I'm close enough to my katana then a souvenir like an arm or leg would be in order!!!!

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i would do the same thing i would do to any one, only kill it if it was in self defence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join