It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation as to why CSETI has no credible video/photographic evidence

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
From what I know, the Disclosure Project seems really interesting and there seems to be some rather compelling material. But, the more I hear about CSETI, the more dubious the whole thing, and Dr Greer's credibility, seem. I guess he's either onto something HUGE or else a very talented con artist.

I find it a little distressing that there's so many personal digs and snideness in this thread, though. It seems like SOME of the things he's presented are worthy of fairly serious consideration...

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
No, he never claimed this. He only said that "amazing" contacts were happening around the world and were being photographed and filmed.

Unfortunately, all of those things would be difficult to photograph/film....

MrdDstrbr, which is it to be?

Either amazing contacts are happening and being filmed, according to your first quote.

OR

These things would be difficult to film, according to your second quote?

Can you spell the word C O N T R A D I C T I O N ?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Last time I checked, video footage of people seeing UFOs count as evidence.

WHAT video footage of people seeing UFOs?

Scroll back to page 10.... where I provided the link to the footage.... and watch it.

Last time I checked, a news anchor going on NATIONAL TV and saying "I DID see a UFO!" counts as evidence.

I believe him. He saw some lights in the sky, ergo Mothra? Not. And nothing whatsoever to do with Greer.

Well clearly you never even watched the footage, because the news anchor is a SHE!

And it has everything to do with Greer, because he's IN the video, leading the team that performs the CE-5 protocol, which leads to a UFO showing up, and the FEMALE news anchor saying on NATIONAL TV, "I DID see a UFO!"

How many times have I linked to this video, and you have not even watched it ONCE? And you are sitting there ridiculing ME???

Last time I checked, an article written by the very famous White House reporter Sarah McClendon that confirms many of Greer's claims, counts as evidence.

She didn't confirm anything. She repeated Greer's own press releases as background. Greer said "I been talkin' to ET" and she reported, "Greer has been talking to ET." That's not evidence of anything except perhaps her own gullibility.

An extremely high-profile, credible person (the famous White House reporter), confirms Greer's claims, and she was also the one who helped him set up the NPC conference!

A HIGH-PROFILE CREDIBLE PERSON HELPING GREER.

EVIDENCE!

EVIDENCE!

EVIDENCE!

EVIDENCE!

EVIDENCE!

And you people will NOT make this positive evidence go away, no matter how many times you cry "Cult! Fraud! Cult! Fraud!"

Last time I checked, TDP collectively has put out the most testimony and evidence EVER.

In 2001 Greer had a great press conference. It was supposed to spark Congressional hearings. It didn't. It was a failure.

It was a STARTING POINT.

The Congressional hearings and all that will happen, when there is a critical mass of people pushing for it.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
MrdDstrbr, which is it to be?

Either amazing contacts are happening and being filmed, according to your first quote.

OR

These things would be difficult to film, according to your second quote?

Contacts are happening and people are photographing/filming them, but 99% of the time it's the typical bright lights in the sky, with the occasional orb and rod thrown in for good measure.

People want to see spacecrafts landing and ETs walking out, but according to CSETI members, it doesn't actually happen that way. According to them, what you get is a whole lot of "high strangeness", as Hynek called it.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Contacts are happening and people are photographing/filming them, but 99% of the time it's the typical bright lights in the sky, with the occasional orb and rod thrown in for good measure.

Please show me the data that supports your claim that 99% of the contacts are bright lights in the sky, etc...? Please, supply the data or refrain from making very silly claims like you just did.

With 'thousands' of contacts, that means that there are at least a few dozen contacts that are not the bright lights (according to your 99% claim), so there are a dozen that are going to be really good contacts. Where is the footage of this?

I enjoy reading your posts. It's interesting watching and reading the way in which you try to justify your Cult position. It's humourous to also watch you try and side-step the glaring contradictions that point out the obviously fradulent nature of Leader Greer and his Cult.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Please show me the data that supports your claim that 99% of the contacts are bright lights in the sky, etc...? Please, supply the data or refrain from making very silly claims like you just did.

You asked me to clarify, and I did. I gave you my opinion as to what is going on.

They are having no small amount of trouble photographing/filming the really juicy stuff that people really want to see, because the ETs and their crafts are appearing to them in "astral"/quasi-materialized forms. Or not appearing to them at all but communicating with them using "telepathic technology".

See the article by Prof. Loder for more.

People are getting photographs and footage, but it's mostly just the typical bright lights in the sky.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You asked me to clarify, and I did. I gave you my opinion as to what is going on.

Well, that's fine. I can discount it then and not even try to believe you. I don't drink Kool-Aid.

So why do you have such well-informed about Cult Greer? You've already come here to do some marketing and a little recruiting for them, maybe you have been let in to the inner circle?

Anyway, I'll not even read your opinions, unless you support them with data - which you can't do. Thanks for the try, MrdDstrbr.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well, that's fine. I can discount it then and not even try to believe you. I don't drink Kool-Aid.

So why do you have such well-informed about Cult Greer?

Because I do my homework and research them thoroughly!

You've already come here to do some marketing and a little recruiting for them, maybe you have been let in to the inner circle?

Back off with the accusations, unless maybe you want a Mod to give you another warn.....

Anyway, I'll not even read your opinions, unless you support them with data - which you can't do.

Did you read the article by Prof. Ted Loder that I gave you the link to? And Dr. Burkes' article?

Those are called DATA.

According to TDP witnesses, the "Cabal" have tracking systems and weapon systems in place, have been in place since at LEAST the 80s, and they have actively attacked and downed ET crafts.

It's not safe for the ETs to fully materialize and land their crafts and get out and walk around.

So they find other ways to make Contact that are safe for them.

If you don't want to believe this, fine, but at least follow the links and read the articles before you spout off with your accusations!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Back off with the accusations, unless maybe you want a Mod to give you another warn.....

That's rich. Then he will be caught up with you. He has a fair question. It's not unreasonable to inquire as to your status with the organization you so vehemently defend.

Did you read the article by Prof. Ted Loder that I gave you the link to? And Dr. Burkes' article?

Those are called DATA.

No, that's called supporting opinion with more opinion. Data is composed of objective facts independent of opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well clearly you never even watched the footage, because the news anchor is a SHE!

Not the one I saw. So there must be two! Yay! About a month back, posted here on ATS, two anchors talking together. Might have been Cincinnatti, MALE anchor reports to female cohort his sighting of several lights several years ago. It was at the end of a segment, perfectly straightforward. So be careful with the accusations yourself, eh?

It was a STARTING POINT.

The Congressional hearings and all that will happen, when there is a critical mass of people pushing for it.

And it was a good starting point, too, but since then, six years ago, it has degenerated into a laughingstock. In my opinion, Greer betrayed those who got up on the podium to state what happened to them. He left them high and dry while he vectored off into camping trips. The chances for congressional hearings on the subject are way less now than they were six years ago. One of the main reasons for that is because Greer's name is so closely allied with disclosure.

There has not been such a successful campaign AGAINST Disclosure since the CIA infiltrated, took over, and completely destroyed the 5,000 member NICAP in the 60's, except his time the CIA didn't have to lift a finger because Greer self-destructed. Hmmm, makes you wonder if they just didn't do it again.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

That's rich. Then he will be caught up with you. He has a fair question. It's not unreasonable to inquire as to your status with the organization you so vehemently defend.

I am a regular ATS poster who

a) researched them a lot
b) communicated with them and found out some interesting information
c) is relaying it to the ATS community

That's all.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why do we not have any photographs or video of the aliens themselves?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And it was a good starting point, too, but since then, six years ago, it has degenerated into a laughingstock. In my opinion, Greer betrayed those who got up on the podium to state what happened to them. He left them high and dry while he vectored off into camping trips. The chances for congressional hearings on the subject are way less now than they were six years ago. One of the main reasons for that is because Greer's name is so closely allied with disclosure.

Evidently, you still haven't watched the video, of SMG himself, vectoring in a UFO.

And once you realize that SMG himself also has that footage, and you notice that there are FOUR corroborating points of evidence that he also has the "Gulf Breeze" encounter footage, and goes around showing it to people, at lectures and things.... Then it's not that much of a stretch that he might have a bunch of other footage, too.... right?

schuyler, please do me a favor bud and take 10 minutes to scroll up and rewatch it.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonian Priest
Why do we not have any photographs or video of the aliens themselves?

It's dangerous to be in possession of that kind of evidence, you can get harassed, threatened, killed....

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbrIt's dangerous to be in possession of that kind of evidence, you can get harassed, threatened, killed....

Hi. That excuse is a cop-out. If you somehow get hold of any of these vids/photos please send them to me, I'll post them to the world.

I'd also like to nominate Schuyler to attend and investigate one of the Greer experiences. The guy is as fair minded as can be and he wouldn't miss a trick. How about it Schuyler? If your trip was paid for would you attend?
. Mind you, wouldn't they try to sue you for disclosing info after you having signed their non-disclosure form?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum

Originally posted by MrdDstrbrIt's dangerous to be in possession of that kind of evidence, you can get harassed, threatened, killed....

Hi. That excuse is a cop-out. If you somehow get hold of any of these vids/photos please send them to me, I'll post them to the world.

I'd also like to nominate Schuyler to attend and investigate one of the Greer experiences. The guy is as fair minded as can be and he wouldn't miss a trick. How about it Schuyler? If your trip was paid for would you attend?
. Mind you, wouldn't they try to sue you for disclosing info after you having signed their non-disclosure form?

No, talking about it is OK, as long as you don't divulge the identities of other trainees.

schuyler going would certainly be interesting - and a highly unexpected turn of events! - but he's too Anti-Greer. His posts clearly show that bias.

I had been hoping it would be someone more neutral, doing it in the spirit of diplomacy and investigation instead of "Haha, I'm going to infiltrate and expose Greer's Cult camps!"

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

schuyler, please do me a favor bud and take 10 minutes to scroll up and rewatch it.

After typing this post once I was thrown completely off the board, had to re-log in, so I'm not very happy having to re do it now. In any case

Okay. I just did. Nice little clip without the usual little green men comments thrown in. The news anchor said just what you said she did: “I DID see a UFO.” But I think you miss the context. The male anchor said something like, “Do you really think you saw a UFO?” and she replied that she saw a light in the sky and it was unidentified, therefore “I DID see a UFO.” But she was hedging her bets by admitting that technically, she saw a UFO. She wasn’t saying, “I saw a UFO and it was REAL!!!!” Instead, she gave a safe answer.

In terms of the video, you can see a light in the sky for about a second. It’s blurry and otherwise completely dark, meaning no context at all. I’m not ridiculing it by saying it was very inconclusive. It was a light in the sky. I’m tired of lights in the sky. I should put that in my sig. Even Greer said it was probably over the ocean, indicating it wasn’t that close. It could easily have been an airplane, despite the denials.

In terms of ME going on a Greer camping trip? First, if I DID go I wouldn’t take money from anyone. I would pay for all expenses myself. I’m not so much anti-Greer as I am angry-at-Greer. I admit that when I first came across the Disclosure Project I was quite excited, but it didn’t take long to become frustrated and disappointed because of where Greer has taken Disclosure since the 2001 press conference. But I’m not sure I want to go on a camping trip. My dog would miss me. I appreciate the vote, though. :-) Isn't this the idea that went awry when millerman pursued this last time? I woudl suggest being extremely careful about soliciting here. Perhaps a reading of the T&C is in order before you go too much further here. Just a suggestion. I don't really know myself.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Because I do my homework and research them thoroughly!

You thoroughly research the Cult, but you can't support your claim that 99% of the videos are of mundane objects and you don't even know if they have more videos or not.

You speculate, that's all you do. It's certainly not called research.

According to TDP witnesses, the "Cabal" have tracking systems and weapon systems in place, have been in place since at LEAST the 80s, and they have actively attacked and downed ET crafts.

According to Leader Greer, ET can make hostiles down their rifles and play guitars. Therefore, ET CAN make the cabal gunmen take their fingers off the buttons and put their fingers on a guitar.

Why does all of this read like a C-grade Sci-Fi script for a movie?

It's not safe for the ETs to fully materialize and land their crafts and get out and walk around.

Yes, it is safe for ET to do that. Any hostiles will be forced to play guitars.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I am a regular ATS poster who
a) researched them a lot
b) communicated with them and found out some interesting information
c) is relaying it to the ATS community
That's all.

Points b and c, when combined, seem to suggest a marketing motive, to me.

As you state that you have communicated with Cult Greer, could you tell us who their new Professional Publicist is? Maybe they have told you?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

After typing this post once I was thrown completely off the board, had to re-log in, so I'm not very happy having to re do it now. In any case

Okay. I just did. Nice little clip without the usual little green men comments thrown in. The news anchor said just what you said she did: “I DID see a UFO.” But I think you miss the context. The male anchor said something like, “Do you really think you saw a UFO?” and she replied that she saw a light in the sky and it was unidentified, therefore “I DID see a UFO.” But she was hedging her bets by admitting that technically, she saw a UFO. She wasn’t saying, “I saw a UFO and it was REAL!!!!” Instead, she gave a safe answer.

Well, I think what she said was a fair answer. She didn't say "I saw a spacecraft" or "I saw little grey men".

An unidentifiable bright light in the sky returning their light signals certainly counts as a UFO.

In terms of ME going on a Greer camping trip? First, if I DID go I wouldn’t take money from anyone. I would pay for all expenses myself. I’m not so much anti-Greer as I am angry-at-Greer. I admit that when I first came across the Disclosure Project I was quite excited, but it didn’t take long to become frustrated and disappointed because of where Greer has taken Disclosure since the 2001 press conference. But I’m not sure I want to go on a camping trip. My dog would miss me. I appreciate the vote, though. :-) Isn't this the idea that went awry when millerman pursued this last time? I woudl suggest being extremely careful about soliciting here. Perhaps a reading of the T&C is in order before you go too much further here. Just a suggestion. I don't really know myself.

Well, people volunteering to go, or saying things like "Hey I know this guy or girl who's good with cameras and video who would be a great choice!", I don't think there would be a "soliciting" problem there.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join