It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothers Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So what'd ya'll get your moms for mothers day?

I got my mom a card and i wrote a little message in there, made her all teary eyed and stuff... good stuff, then i went and got her cofee and a donut. bout to go over to my grandmas now and have brunch

so whatd ya'll do for your mommas?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nothing because I'm British and we have a different Mother's Day to you (go figure) although Farther's Day is the same and Christmas that's the same too.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
lol what day is mothers day for you guys?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ours is in March here in the UK,.

But all you US mommys! have a fab day and make use of the whole mommys day thing!

Get them doing all the work

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wrote this some time ago...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To all Moms..

[size=10]Happy Mothers Day!

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
thanks for sharin that gazz

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Isn't this just a fake holiday dreamed up by the greeting card companies or something?

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
so what we've already been sucked into it for decades.. why stop now

besides dont you thinnk you should honor yuor mother atleasst ONCE a year.. just sayin

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i got her a card and im about to write in it right now..and im hooking her up with a massage

awww your mom got teary eyed

i also got one for my aunt and my friends mom because she let me live with her when i had no where to go she was like a mother to me

xoch

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If I knew where my Mother was I would surely give her a call, and send her a nice card, or possibly even visit her. Trouble is that as she got older, she became reclusive and started to not answer the telephone, etc. She had moved a few years ago, and did not contact any of the family as to where she had moved to. My sister had found her through one of those internet people search sites, and called her. My Mother hung up on her, and changed her telephone number. It makes it really hard, knowing that your own Mother does not want to see you.

Then again, my family was never really close. My Father had move out of state, as well as my sister.

Even to their families (my aunts, uncles grandparents, cousins, etc) we had never really been close. Sometimes I had felt that my immediate family were the black sheep of all of us. Ever since I can remember it had always seemed that way.

[edit on 5/13/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh my gosh Mechanic that is so sad.
Maybe someday you will find her, and she will be happy about it. My mother passed away 14 years ago and it took me a long time to get over it to the point were I could even function on a daily basis. However , I was adopted by her at birth. So I began a search for my birth mom. I registered with a site in Canada and 3 years later my mom registered too. We were reunited a week later. I found out that my parents married and had 2 more kids after me. I gained a ready made family. Of course sometimes it's still awkward for us but we get along. This mothers day I gave my mom a dozen red roses.Something I never thought in my life I would ever do.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Damn, M32 that is just so weird! I'm a mom and I can't imagine turning my back on my kids, it would kill me not to know where they were. Did your mom have any emotional or mental health issues?

I'll be your mom if you need one. *hugs*

I got a wonderful vase with a tulip in it that my daughter made in school and a candle with colored sand strata in the bottom. But on the day itself my daughter was a nutcase and I got mostly aggravation. Though my folks took us out to IHOP for dinner.

Happy mother's day to all my fellow moms!

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I will be giving my mum the gift of ME
I am flying home tomorrow and she has said that's all she wants but I called her ON mother's day and have a belated gift to buy her once I get there. She has always wanted a pasta making machine so I will buy her that and surprise her.

Mechanic that's so sad *hug* I'm sorry to hear you've had to go through that.
My husband's mother is distant also, he has been away from home since he was 17 (is 33 now) and I just feel so bad for him and anyone I learn of not having a mommy in their life like I have. I wish I could share a little piece of her with everyone!

AccessDenied your post confused my emotions at having lost the mother you knew most of your life but then being reunited with your birth mom. I'm sorry for your loss yet happy for you that you found your birth mom

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Nothing because I'm British and we have a different Mother's Day to you (go figure) although Farther's Day is the same and Christmas that's the same too.

My heart skipped a beat there! I thought I'd forgotten it, but it didn't seem right!

You Americans have got to stop giving my heart so much stress! Seriously, I'm having palpitations.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I tried to call my mom today, but she went down to the country (alone no less.... left my dad alone at home) and wasn't reachable. I left a few messages, but that's all I can do being broke. Got to love e-cards.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
nothing, ain't heard from her in ages.

new topics

top topics

join