It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dept. of Homeland Security: "You'll get a National ID and you'll Like it"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
also hitler and i.b.m did the same thing before killing the millions they did.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by jsobecky
Having a piece of ID that contains biometric data and is accessible by another country violates your religious beliefs? Really? I find that incredulous.

Not really, go read some of my posts above, and in other threads on the topic of the “mark of the beast”, and you’ll understand where I am coming from, even if you don’t have the exact same beliefs.

I generally skip right over posts that deal with religion; not my cup of tea, thank you. But I was surprised to find that a set of beliefs actually encompassed geographical limits in it's core, that's all.

Sure it does, that is the whole point, the states either comply, or they find themselves unable to receive federal funding and support. The fact this is being rammed down all of our throats, as it is, should be another warning sign to folks as to its true intention. If it was really a harmless piece of legislation, then they would not be using the type of threatening language they have been to enforce it.

I'm not sure if the holding back of federal funding is what seems to be heavy-handed to you, or if it is something else. But holding back funding is a very commonplace tactic used by the feds to get the states to comply with something. Speed limits, for example. So, it should cause no alarm in this case.

Up to this point it has been entirely possible to live without a drivers license, folks do it all the time. They either are too old to drive, have lost it from some infraction, are not old enough to have one, and so on. These folks have had no problem living. However can you say its going to be the same way after May 2008-Jan 2009? No you cannot, as it absolutely will not be the same. Everyone will be required to have one of these, from a child to an elderly person, and it makes no difference if they are a driver or not. You must have one, or you cannot interact with the Federal Government. You cannot pay taxes, pay or receive Social Security, retain a Job, interact with a bank, pay your bills, drive a car, utilize public transportation, and so on. How can you say this is the same system we have in place right now, it is obviously not the case. The state can still issue ID, but it will not be accepted by anyone, especially employers and banks.

You're almost implying that you will need a National Driver's License to do business with the feds. That is untrue. Other federally-accepted documentation will have to suffice, because not everyone will want or be able to have a driver's license.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Airplanes are not public transportation, they are privately owned transportation mediums. City transit is public transportation, and I have never rode a bus that required identification to ride, unless I wanted to load my bike on the front (only because you need to pay another fee and get a special pass due to limited space).

I do not work for any law enforcement or government agencies. I have had my involvement with both seeing as I am a convicted felon, put personally I respect both the police force and government departments such as the DMV.

For you see when you start accusing the govenrment and this and that, thats who you are accusing. The man who issues you your license, delivers your mail, or handles your accounting at the IRS. They are the government, and they do not care about tracking you down or what you do in your personal life, so long as it does not involve denying the rights of others.

When you say government is after us, you are disrespecting the men and woman who make up the workforce that keep our society running smooth. It is not the government you have beef with, it is your elected leaders, the ones you actually have the ability to do something about.

And frankly, your Fingerprints were collected by your local health department when you were born,thus being readily accesible by the Federal government if they choose so. The "FEDS" have had my DNA on file for five years, and I have not been harassed, monitored or tracked. I have been pulled over seven times in those five years, and have not been searched a single times after my conviction. I chnaged my life for the better. Crime is not a way of life.

If they are not bothering to harass or track me, they sure as heck are not going to bother with you, unless you start looking for ways and associating with people dealing with violence against the state.

There is no need to violently overthrow anything, because the system is in place do do everything properly and peacefully.

If you want to make a difference, pay your credit cards off within a year, save up alot of money, and get involved in the political system. Create a local lobby group, and even try to get your closest associates to participate as well. Your fears have arisen out of your lack of participation in the system. Voting for your leaders does not cut it. You have to become a leader yourself. Because if you do not lead, then you follow. And if you follow, then you should not complain, because you make your decisions based on what others request or demand of you.

The state clearly has the options, but is not required to have this bio-metric data in their new systems. Your Dirvers license will still say State of Florida.

And hey, since yousay you live close to Tampa, I say we get together for a good chat, you sound like a friend I could conversate with about intelligent stuff considering all my old buddies were junkies, drug dealers and thieves.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well said DYepes

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
For one thing look above. Read a couple of post above yours.

For another thing just type in real id act and you'll find all the information you need.

I still don't see it. To be honest, I think you may be misinterpreting it, because nowhere have I read that we will need one of these cards to access our money.

If you can't provide the exact wording, instead of just telling me to google it, I'll just have to chalk it up to fear-mongering.

I told you to look above it was already spelled out for you. Since you didn't I will do it again.

After December 31, 2009, "a Federal agency may not accept, for any official purpose, a driver's license or identification card issued by a state to any person unless the state is meeting the requirements" specified in the Real ID Act. States remain free to also issue non-complying licenses and ID's, so long as these have a unique design and a clear statement that they cannot be accepted for any Federal identification purpose. The federal Transportation Security Administration is responsible for security check-in at airports, so bearers of non-compliant documents would no longer be able to travel on common carrier aircraft without additional screening

Ok go into your bank today and just try and open up an account without your license or picture id. It’s not going to happen. A bank is a Federal Agency. Their no longer allowed to accept your drivers license. Therefore you won’t be able to get your money. Any time I go to the bank right now my license has always been ok to prove who I am. Later, it won’t be ok.

In addition, the federal Social Security Administration, (42 U.S.C. § 666(28)), requires the States to maintain a new hire directory. Employers would no longer be able to accept, or ultimately hire, bearers of non-compliant documents for employment.

Here it states That an Employer is not allowed to hiring you or work you unless you conform to the new id.

Also, financial institutions are required to assist the Federal Parent Locator Service, ((42 U.S.C. § 666(17)). Financial institutions would require compliant documents from all customers. Bearers of non-compliant documents would be denied financial or banking services

Don’t know what this means. Don’t look good though. Whatever it means you will be denied service if you don’t have the new id. It's got something to do with your kids and the Public Health and Social Welfare.

It will use common machine-readable technology, with defined minimum data elements (the details of which are not spelled out, but left to the Secretary of Homeland Security,

Hum, readable technology, they won’t tell us about. Just leave it up to the Department of homeland security.

Well I'm glad it don't bother you. Your fine with all this. Some of us like me, well I'm very concerned about it all.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ok go into your bank today and just try and open up an account without your license or picture id. It’s not going to happen. A bank is a Federal Agency. Their no longer allowed to accept your drivers license. Therefore you won’t be able to get your money. Any time I go to the bank right now my license has always been ok to prove who I am. Later, it won’t be ok.

What is your definition of "federal agency"? Because banks are private institutions.

The statute and proposed regulations of the Real ID Act say that for now, the only places you'll be required to have the "new" state ID are to board an airplane, enter a federal building, and enter a nuclear power plant. And for the most part, you won't have to worry about this until 2013. So unless your bank is on an airplane, in a federal building, or in a nuclear power plant, you'll still be able to use your old ID.

The statute and proposed regulations of the Real ID Act also say that states are free to not adopt an ID consistent with the Real ID Act, or alternatively, states may provide both a Real ID-compliant ID and a "non-compliant" ID.

Therefore, if your state provided the option, and you chose the non-compliant one, your ID would still be a valid ID for purposes of opening a bank account and getting cash from your account.

DHS's position is to not require the compliant IDs for anything else at this time. So while I think this is a serious cause for concern, don't enlist in the American Republic of Freedom Fighters militia just yet.

For sources, please refer to my 2-part post upthread (I believe it's on page 8).

Oh, and all legitimate employers require proof of identity. If yours doesn't, maybe you should see about hiring a criminal attorney specializing in RICO.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
we already have social security numbers to id us this maybe aimed at getting the uncooperatives rounded up for a stupid reason theres no vote on this??

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

NineSquared,

What is your definition of "federal agency"? Because banks are private institutions.

Hum, does FDIC not mean anything to you. The banks will follow what the government says.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am against any form of chipping or implanting for ID purposes.

In the year 2000 I had to have a titanium closure device inserted in my heart to close a hole that I was born with but never knew I had. I was actually going into congestive heart failure. . I was 43, married and with 3 sons...

I was grateful that modern medicine was able to save me with a procedure that is less invasive and ensures rapid recovery as opposed to the risks involved with open heart surgery.

Since having this surgery and reading about implants and verichips, I often ponder the possibility that perhaps many of us with surgical metal parts (hips, knees, and other devices) are being tracked without our knowledge. These devices would have serial numbers for recording purposes. What is to stop governments forcing the medical world to start
implanting ID's into patients as a routine measure as a test to see whether or not the whole programme when implemented would be a success ??

Grateful to be alive but wondering.........

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Well I'm glad it don't bother you. Your fine with all this. Some of us like me, well I'm very concerned about it all.

Don't mistake my seeking out the facts around this with "being fine with all this". If you read my posts, you'll see that this is my MO: I research something before I make a decision; I don't follow the group-think.

It's just that it is typical for people to go into hysterics whenever a topic like this comes up.

People misinterpret a bill or a law because of many reasons. Then the hysteria starts. It gets really crazy, and I wonder how many of our people, especially the younger ones, are being driven into a false sense of panic because they don't really understand the situation. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. And it could all be avoided by taking the time to actually read and understand the bill. But then, that wouldn't be as exciting as creating a NWO police state conspiracy, now would it?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm in favor of this. It's not really a national ID per say, just the federal government mandating that the individual states follow a set guidline for their ID's....start implementing some security features on driver's licenses, etc...

When I was younger I had a fake driver license, their not that hard to get or even make. I;m down for it as long as the new ID's do not have any bio data, chips or anything else that could possibly be used against us for tracking ot whatever else.

I made a thread ahwile back about the new biometric passports and the [world] government's plan to distribute them.

US Electronic Passport now issued....Bio-data included! Other countries to follow

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I;m down for it as long as the new ID's do not have any bio data, chips or anything else that could possibly be used against us for tracking ot whatever else.

It will have. The last quote I posted above tells you that. About 7 replies up or so.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Shar]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hey you know, I wonder if our new licenses can have info downloaded into them... I would even pay for this option. Then like, we should have the convinience of using one card to auto-fill any info for new places we sign up for savings like CVS, Sweetbay, and other fine retailers, as well as use the new card .

In fact, I wonder if it is too late to issue an amendmant to this single act so that we may have a redesigned D/L option of being just like one of these retail savings keychain tags. I think I will make a few calls, because I bet I can turn this idea into money, and so can any of you

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

NineSquared,

Hum, does FDIC not mean anything to you. The banks will follow what the government says.

FDIC means quite a bit to me, actually. It means the federal government has insured my money.

Banks, and any other businesses, will follow what the government says, in that they will not break the law. Taken to its logical extreme, we are all agents of the government.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
If I am not mistaken some states have already made there ID's and DL's Patriot Act Compilant. In Florida we have a new DL/ID and it contains all the information required by the Patriot act. This includes SS#, Place of Birth, Citizenship. In Florida they even have it so you can give your emergency contact information that will come up when your DL/ID is run through the DAVID/DL System. They say it is for finding relatives after an accident, but I was in Law Enforcement in Florida and we never had trouble finding the next of kin. I see it as another way to find you or the ones related to you.

For now my guess is we already have a national ID in some states and Not an individual state DL/ID. THe national ID/DL just won't say national ID, it will have the issuing states Inforamtion.

And there is no way around it if you want a DL/ID, when you go to renew you have to do it. I cried the day i had to renew, i even showed it to my friends and said here is what the new national ID card looks like. Most said i was suffering PTSD from my time in the ARMY and Laughed. Some took the time to listen.

Check with your states and look and see if they require addtional information when getting or renewing your DL/ID.

I am sad to say that the national ID card is here in Florida, thanks to the Traitor Jeb Bush and his Family of criminals.

I do have a question, what frequency does the chip give off? Maybe it can be scanned to see if it is in place now.

Look at the retailers who scan or input your DL when paying by check. I know Target and Publix do it in Florida.

Good luck to all!

Jason
[email protected]
www.iis-fl.com

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Jasestrong2

Sorry to hear. Only 2 states is trying to fight this. That don’t say much. My license is coming due as well. I don’t look forward to it at all.

MJ

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is a slow but soon to be accelerated process to keep tabs on all people at all times in all places. Kontrol, Komplete Kontrol, of the super wealthy and powerful over the rest. It’s going to happen no matter what. "... and they will like it." That line could be interpreted as positive, one ID for everything. However on the real side it’s the Mark. Cant buy sell or trade or get a job, a place to live, food, and on and on. Not at first, but it will come to that.

What a Federal Agency is and what is so heavily controlled by government agencies might as well be the same category. Heavy regulations and control on Airlines, Trains, Shipping, Communications, etc. This is the reason people often refer to the IRS or a Railroad company, or Airline’s dealings as 'the government'. Its not The Government, but is so regulated to an extent of being the same.
IRS is Internal Revenue SERVICE, not the government. They are a contractor to the Government. However we have come to think of them in the USA as, The Government. Mess up and you are arrested by The Government for not complying with this contractors' Rules.

It does not have to be the actual Government any more, but any thing controlled by them becomes the same power over YOU. In the USA by constitution, we the people are to have power over THEM, The Government. WE have lost OUR proper control and there will be little chance of returning to being individuals with control over our government ever again. Recall the TV and movies about the Borg of Star Trek assimilating us. People forced to comply will gladly help to MAKE others comply.

Through out all of history it has been the few having power over the many.
This will not change now either. It will accelerate to the planned goals.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Right.....

aight guys you go right ahead and continue complaining about small stuff, I am going to just keep living my life, because this really changes nothing at all.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of arguing going on as to whether this is right or wrong... And even more arguments that this danger, this conspiracy, does not even exist!

Rather than bickering as to who is right and who is wrong.... How about this...?

WHO is going to start to work together to DO something about it????

We can only sit back and fight about who's right and who's wrong for so long. This world has reached a point now where I believe this very arguing shall be our doom. We must stop waisting energy, trying to convince others who have their minds made up.... The rest of us band together and DO SOMETHING!!!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There's nothing you can do but organize groups to pass statewide legislation to prevent adoption of the national ID. Many states have passed this kind of legislation already, I don't believe California has though...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join