It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shootings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
s87991563.onlinehome.us...

Wow this guy was without doubt a gun enthusiast judging from his journal on his homepage.
You need to check out his site, it doesn't look like it's been updated for a while but it gives you an insight into him.

Edit, judging from his journal it's quite recently been updated, looks like he's been having girl troubles & taking an interest in serious guns.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by mclarenmp4]

That is NOT the shooter. You know NOTHING about the individual who's site that is......

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Hexerott]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
^^ Proof why it's not please? I don't see any reason to doubt/belive that this is the shooter's personal webspace. . . What do you know that we all don't?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
^^ Proof why it's not please? I don't see any reason to doubt/belive that this is the shooter's personal webspace. . . What do you know that we all don't?

I am on another site with that individual. It is not him.

What proof do you want from me? You insinuate that that is the shooter... give me proof it is him.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I see neither proof it is him or isn't him...I just was wondering what info you had to share that would shed some light that this webspace wasn't his. . .

We don't base theories soley on personal opinions here, I was just wondering what evidence you had that it wasn't his page...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying.

It is a shame when the media spilts out tripe without any evidence and unfortunately real people can get harmed from pure speculation.

NPR was the first to contact him this afternoon.

He has been getting non-stop threats and is scared out of his mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Police have an ID on the person, i think that includes name, etc.

The police haven't released it yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Interesting that the Senate have cancelled the Gonzales hearing today.

hmmm

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbuMusaab
This is a part of the American culture.

Americans are spoilt , rotton brats with too much of everything.

By the age of 15 they have indulged in every vice imaginable.....

they have nothing left for the remainder of their lives...

they are remarkably ignorant and think America is the world...

They are cultureless and the schools are full of that hideous american atmosphere promoting the lastest fads and bullying for people ho dont fit in or go with the herd and people being excluded and ostracised....

those social groupings you see....

that excessive consumption...

i see people being fat and fat and waddling fom side to side like ducks....

...the less fat making fun of them and ostracising them....

The ostracised people then wreak a terrible revenge on the people who have conspired against them...and who can blame them...

americans are to blame for this....

Americans are overfed ,over medicated,over lived and it shows....

The whole lot of them should be packed of to starving africa to get a taste of real life and real priorties....

and so what if 200 kids die by school shooting annually...big drama on tv..

3000 get killed by bath tubs...

20000 crossing the road..

566000 get killed by cancer....no who cares..

240040 get killed by FDA approved prescription drugs...no one cares or mentions on the tv..

Americans are over rated and ovr important...They are nothing special...
...they waste our time every day by being on the news with their sordid petty meaningless lives.

INSTEAD OF FOREVER DEMANDIND ROOM... MAKE ROOM INSTEAD.....

[edit on 17-4-2007 by esecallum]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
WoW.., I thought I didn't like the US much!

Unfortunately over here in the UK a story like this from the US is met with a genuine feeling of 'Not really surprised...' I have scincere sympathy for those involved, it is a truly tragic loss of young life.

It does highlight a general apathy towards the US that seems to prevelant wherever you look around the world now.

As for those trying to fanatically tie this to some sort of conspiracy... jsut for once have some respect and give it a rest.

Q

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
esecallum, way to generalize and stereotype....

I am an American, and while we have our share of problems, I wouldn't live anywhere else in the world...

This incident has nothing to do with what being an American is about...rather a rogue individual who made a stupid, selfish decision. It happens anywhere you go....not just America.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The Americans around him him made him a rogue selfish person...

So blame yourself...

We are tired of hearing about America every bloody day ,breakfast,noon and night...

america this, america that day in ,day out...

one would think the whole bloody world is america...

an american trips over...we have to hear about it...

an american dies we have to hear about it...

an american gets a papercut we have to hear about it...

an american has hurt feelings and litigates..we have to hear about it...

i used to like america about 15 years ago but now i am really starting to detest them and hate them...the way they are trying to impose americans laws and rules and regulations on the whole planet...

corrupt FDA officials are now trying to ban world wide sales of vitamins and minerals to protect drug companies and classfying fruit juices as drugs now....

trying to stop medicines being produced locally at affordable prices...

the list goes on and on...

no wonder every one hates you...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I suggest you stop your eneducated babble and stop generalizing every American in this way. You are clearly adding nothing so the subject but going off on your own hate filled tangent.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

We are tired of hearing about America every bloody day ,breakfast,noon and night...

...the way they are trying to impose americans laws and rules and regulations on the whole planet...

corrupt FDA officials are now trying to ban world wide sales of vitamins and minerals to protect drug companies and classfying fruit juices as drugs now....

trying to stop medicines being produced locally at affordable prices...

the list goes on and on...

no wonder every one hates you...

You think I like having my television overfloeing with Anna Nicloe garbage? Do you think I like it when the UN tries to impose legislation on us? Do you think I get jolly everytime a judge site foreign precident for an American case?

Turn off your TV, fight all the American intrusion and influence just as I fight all the foreign intrusion and influence and no matter what keep you nations identity sacred. All of this cross-national legislations and interference is nothing less than steps to a global order. So fight it fight it fight it. Just dont waste your time complaining about fat obnoxious Americans. Thats what they want you to do.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As I posted on the other thread, more gun control will solve nothing. It will only take firearms out of the hands of law abiding citizens and leave only the criminals with guns.

An interesting statistic that gun control nazis love to ignore is that in the U.S., violent crime goes down whenever concealed carry laws are enacted. It's easy to see why, the criminals don't know who's carrying what and move on to a place with easier targets.

You can say also that the gun control laws we have now did nothing but create a "target rich environment" for the shooter. If the first teacher in the first classroom would have been trained and armed, the story would be much different today.

If there were to be any additional laws enacted, based on what we learned on the identity of the killer, I would only be in favor of removing the ability of non-U.S. citizens to purchase firearms.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
First post ever so go easy, please, and forgive any formatting mistakes.

Looks like they ID'd the killer - a S. Korean kid who came to the US as a small child.

A 23-year-old English major from Centreville was the gunman who killed 32 people and then himself on the Virginia Tech campus yesterday -- the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history, university and law enforcement officials said.

Cho Seung Hui was a South Korean native who immigrated to this country as a child, officials said.

from The Washington Post

And just to add my own $0.02 - I don't think this guy was brainwashed or anything, but I do think the Powers That Be (NWO, aliens, demon llamas, whatever) will try to take advantage of this to drum up support for gun control. My wife's already talking about gun access as being the primary problem, and I heard it talked about on the Alex Bennett Radio Show this a.m. on Sirius Left.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Shooter had "Ismail AX" in red on his arms...

The Chicago Tribune reported that the note included a rambling list of grievances that railed against "rich kids," "debauchery" and "deceitful charlatans" on campus. The paper also reported that Cho died with the words "Ismail Ax" in red ink on the inside of one of his arms.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the signifigance to what the "Ismail AX" Could mean? Does it have anything to do with Islam?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There are a few things about this story that I
must have missed or cannot see clearly...
If anyone can help enlighten me please do so.

1. I swear I remember seeing a link somewhere
that indicated the shooter was seeing a shrink or
taking medication but i cannot find that link any longer.
Has anyone else read this ? Has the media removed
this detail of the story ?

2. The detail I have also read is that the shooter had
a receipt of purchase for 1 of the guns on him that police
found, but the serial numbers for both guns had been filed off.
So what if the serials were filed off ?
Just take the receipt to the store that issued it and compare that
to the 4473 the shooter filled out.

That brings up the topic of gun control, which i feel has NO bearing
in this situation.
If the purchase was illegal, what is the shooter doing with a receipt
on him ?
That would indicate that the dealer knew it was an illegal sale and
went ahead with the sale, why would they risk their livelyhood over
1 gun ?
If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns...
If the sale was legal and the 4473 application approved then this
is also a case of not only the police/college failing the victims but also
the agency that approved the 4473 application.
It is illegal for anyone with any mental disorder to purchase/own
any type of firearm.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinadetta
Does anyone have any ideas as to the signifigance to what the "Ismail AX" Could mean? Does it have anything to do with Islam?

I think some have translated it to mean "the man with the smoke".

www.nickqueen.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hexerott

Originally posted by mclarenmp4
s87991563.onlinehome.us...

Wow this guy was without doubt a gun enthusiast judging from his journal on his homepage.
You need to check out his site, it doesn't look like it's been updated for a while but it gives you an insight into him.

Edit, judging from his journal it's quite recently been updated, looks like he's been having girl troubles & taking an interest in serious guns.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by mclarenmp4]

That is NOT the shooter. You know NOTHING about the individual who's site that is......

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Hexerott]

Yeah just reading that on his site, I apologise for jumping to conclusions too quick.
It's good to read that he is taking the exposure he received with dignity & not got caught up in all the emotions.
Again apologies to ATS & Wayne Chiang.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36

1. I swear I remember seeing a link somewhere
that indicated the shooter was seeing a shrink or
taking medication but i cannot find that link any longer.
Has anyone else read this ? Has the media removed
this detail of the story ?

You may be thinking of this:

Source

Professor Carolyn Rude, chairwoman of the university’s English department, said she did not personally know the gunman. But she said she spoke with Lucinda Roy, the department’s director of creative writing, who had Cho in one of her classes and described him as “troubled.”

Rude told The Associated Press that was referred to the counseling service, but she said she did not know when or what the outcome was. Rude refused to release any of his writings or his grades, citing privacy laws.

I haven't seen anything further, but I haven't been closely following media reports either.

Originally posted by Patriot36
That brings up the topic of gun control, which i feel has NO bearing
in this situation.

Yeah, that bugs the heck out of me, too. IMHO liberals saying that strict gun control will keep us safe from people like this guy is like conservatives saying that taking away our liberties will keep us safe from terrorists. It's a false dichotomy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join