It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama Targeted for Assassination?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I think that China would be the only ones interested in something like this. It's not Islamic terrorists directly, although they might be the ones who are being funded. We know the blatant cover up of China on the appauling treatment of the Tibetan people.

What? Not too long ago the Muslims in Afgahnistan tore down and destroyed statues of the Buddha.. If you think that Islam is anything but hostile against Christianity,Hinduism and Buddhism then you are mistaken.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

What? Not too long ago the Muslims in Afgahnistan tore down and destroyed statues of the Buddha.. If you think that Islam is anything but hostile against Christianity,Hinduism and Buddhism then you are mistaken.

The Budda statues must have said something to provoke a terrorist attack in the name of Allah.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You are talking about Afgahnistan, not Tibet.
"Anything but"? That is generalising. I know Muslims. Are they hostile?........Nope. You are mistaken. I'm just really tired of Muslim bashing right now.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

You are talking about Afgahnistan, not Tibet.
"Anything but"? That is generalising. I know Muslims. Are they hostile?........Nope. You are mistaken.

Do you see Christians tearing down Buddhist sanctuaries here in the states? No. They don't and they won't. Yet, you try and condone what the Muslims did because it was in Afghanistan???
Okay. What would you say if Christians or Buddhist decided to burn down a Mosque here in the United States. Would you say, "That is in America, not Afgahanistan?"

[edit on 4-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Christianity has the same bloody history as do all the other religions. He wasnt condoning anything, he was pointing out the fact that those religious icons no longer served a purpose to the people of the country.

at least thats what i got from it.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Christianity has the same bloody history as do all the other religions.

I have never denied that. God knows, I have never denied that. I imagine there are some fundamentalist Christians on here who would say that I am the biggest critic of Christianity on here. So, I cannot be accused of partiality.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Do you see Christians tearing down Buddhist sanctuaries here in the states? No. They don't and they won't. Yet, you try and condone what the Muslims did because it was in Afghanistan???
Okay.

No I'm not condoning this either. Where did you get that idea? I'll say for the record that I find it utterly deplorable. We are speaking about a threat to the Dalai Lama who is relevant to Tibetan Bhuddism only. I really don't appreiciate you saying that I condone that behavior.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Christianity has the same bloody history as do all the other religions.

I have never denied that. God knows, I have never denied that. I imagine there are some fundamentalist Christians on here who would say that I am the biggest critic of Christianity on here. So, I cannot be accused of partiality.

ill keep that in mind. Sorry for the misconception.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Xeros, I will admit that China has been after the Dalai Lama,for whatever reason,
for a very long time. However, if it were China behind these death threats, I seriously doubt that they would employ Al Queda to do their work. That is not the modus operandi of the Chinese.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

What? Not too long ago the Muslims in Afgahnistan tore down and destroyed statues of the Buddha..

Those "muslims" were members of the Taliban who tore them down because they considered them as idols.

If you think that Islam is anything but hostile against christianity,Hinduism and Buddhism then you are mistaken.

Oh please! More ignorant hate spewing from your mouth. Last time I checked, I haven't been hostile to anyone, including Christians, Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists. Generalizing a race based on the bad actions of a few is racism, the equivalent of it in relation to religion is known as being prejudice.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
By the way, when you say,

Christianity has the same bloody history as do all the other religions

What do you mean, ALL of the other religions? Do you mean all of the Abrahamic faiths or do you include all other religions? When you make a comment like that you have to know that you are talking about many religions that don't have a violent history at all. Shintoism is violent? Buddhism... well we already know they aren't violent. What do you mean when you say ALL religions?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

What do you mean, ALL of the other religions? Do you mean all of the Abrahamic faiths or do you include all other religions? When you make a comment like that you have to know that you are talking about many religions that don't have a violent history at all.Shintoism is violent?

Your right, im just as guilty of generalizing as the next guy. not ALL religions histories are violent and full of blood lust.

Buddhism... well we already know they aren't violent. ?

You should look back about a page, and read the article i posted. Buddhism is just as guilty.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Xeros, I will admit that China has been after the Dalai Lama,for whatever reason,
for a very long time. However, if it were China behind these death threats, I seriously doubt that they would employ Al Queda to do their work. That is not the modus operandi of the Chinese.

Yeah, it does sound strange but I have no idea really. I'm just trying to think of who will be out (if anyone) to murder him, as rationally as I can gather.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Oh please! More ignorant hate spewing from your mouth.

How about keeping your personal attacks to yourself, eh? By the way, I am not attacking all Muslims... I am certainly attacking some of their stringent beliefs and ideologies...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
InSpiteof, yes, I remember when this happened

Just a few years ago in South Korea, thousands of monks of the Chogye Buddhist order fought each other with fists, rocks, fire-bombs, and clubs, in pitched battles that went on for weeks. They were vying for control of the order, the largest in South Korea, with its annual budget of $9.2 million, its additional millions of dollars in property, and the privilege of appointing 1,700 monks to various duties. The brawls partly destroyed the main Buddhist sanctuaries and left dozens of monks injured, some seriously. The Korean public appeared to disdain both factions, feeling that no matter what side took control, "it would use worshippers' donations for luxurious houses and expensive cars."3

However, that is not the same as going around and trying to spread your faith by the sword like all three of the Abrahamic faiths have done.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

How about keeping your personal attacks to yourself, eh? By the way, I am not attacking all Muslims... I am certainly attacking some of their stringent beliefs and ideologies...

You generalized all of Islam as being hostile.

If I'm not mistaken, you stated: "If you think that Islam is anything but hostile against Christianity,Hinduism and Buddhism then you are mistaken."

The likely culprit is the Chinese government. Just look at how they have treated Buddhists through out the last few centuries, including the Buddhist monks, as well as what they have done to Tibet as a whole.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

However, that is not the same as going around and trying to spread your faith by the sword like all three of the Abrahamic faiths have done.

I completely agree. I simply wanted to dispell the myth that Buddhist (again generalizing) are all passivists. Regardless of who you fight against, when you use religion to go to war, both sides lose credibility and faith.

I just hear the common misconception that buddhism has always been a peaceful religion etc etc, and i think people should be apprized of the reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The likely culprit is the Chinese government. Just look at how they have treated Buddhists through out the last few centuries, including the Buddhist monks, as well as what they have done to Tibet as a whole.

just because i can: go read the article i posted a page back. i say to hell with the monks.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

DJ, the thing is that the Chinese wouldn't hire an alqueda affiliated group to do their work for them. That is completely against the modus operandi of the Chinese and Asian countries in general. If the Chinese want to take you out, they send one of their own to do it.

It just seems strange to me that they would hire a Muslim extremist organization to do their deeds.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

i say to hell with the monks.

Really? Why?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join