It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama Targeted for Assassination?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are multiple reports warning that the Dalai Lama's life is in danger.

It is said that there is to be an assassination attempt on the Dalai Lama by Pakistan based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).

Most believe that China is behind the threat.

Pro-Tibet activists protest against assassination threat to Dalai Lama

Terror group's threat raises Dalai Lama alert

Dalai Lama's security tightened after 'Lashker threat'

I hope they are wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Most believe that China is behind the threat.

Nah, most likely it is Islamic radicals who are trying to kill him. It's in Pakistan.. Islam seems seems the likely culprit.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Islam is trying to rid the world of all that is good, in my honest opinion. It's really a sad state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Why on earth would any government want to assassinate a gentle soul such as the Dalai Lama? Sometimes I just don't understand.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
[
Why on earth would any government want to assassinate a gentle soul such as the Dalai Lama? Sometimes I just don't understand.

Peace

Dr.Love there is much wickedness in our world. And those who support that wickedness will do whatever they deem necessary to rid the world of good souls. This is a perfect example of it.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This sums it up as to who or what is responsible for the threat

SECURITY surrounding the Dalai Lama has been tightened after reports of an attempt by the al-Qa'ida-linked terrorist organisation Lashkar-e-Toiba to assassinate the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader.

The proof is in the pudding

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
People need to know what the "great" Islamic faith is planning. So I am bumping the thread again.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What a sad and pathetic world this has become.

For a man such as the Dalai Lama to be singled out for execution defies all logic.

I have no religious affiliation, but I respect ALL peoples faiths, and I hope that come the judgement day these people are dealt with accordingly. I'am sure they will.

From the Dalai Lamas "Book of Wisdom"

" Sometimes when I think about death I get some kind of excitement. Instead of fear, I have a feeling of curiosity and this makes it much easier for me to accept death. Ofcourse, my only burden if I die today is, 'Oh what will happen to Tibet? What about Tibetan culture? What about the six million Tibetan peoples rights? This is my main concern. Otherwise I feel almost no fear of death".

The Chimps are now running the tea party.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
since when did Bhuddists declare war on anyone? Is peace, unity, and tolerance for your fellow creatures, no matter how big or small, now considered a threat?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
since when did Bhuddists declare war on anyone? Is peace, unity, and tolerance for your fellow creatures, no matter how big or small, now considered a threat?

Al Qaeda wanted to kill the Pope so I don't think they give a dam what religion you are no matter how peaceful it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Strange isn't it? Put a hit out on a man of peace.
I noticed that Kenya denied him entry into the country a couple months ago. I wonder why? What harm from an old man?

Sad, Weird world, eh?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was reading about this group a few months- year ago. I thought the USA was working with them....

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeAndAllSeeing
I was reading about this group a few months- year ago. I thought the USA was working with them....

Any evidence of that?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think that China would be the only ones interested in something like this. It's not Islamic terrorists directly, although they might be the ones who are being funded. We know the blatant cover up of China on the appauling treatment of the Tibetan people.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I think that China would be the only ones interested in something like this. It's not Islamic terrorists directly, although they might be the ones who are being funded. We know the blatant cover up of China on the appauling treatment of the Tibetan people.

Well you could say China was involved in this, but then we know that Islamic terrorists have done things against Buddhism before in the past.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Well you could say China was involved in this, but then we know that Islamic terrorists have done things against Buddhism before in the past.

Yes, but more on a 'territorial' instance. I can't see The Dalai Lama to be a threat at present as he is and always has been a spokesperson relevant to Tibetan Bhuddism as far as I'm aware.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ah yes, china is a red devil that does nothing good for the people, espically when it comes to tibet.

**COUGH**

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Ah yes, china is a red devil that does nothing good for the people, espically when it comes to tibet.

**COUGH**

This isn't a competition. I'm talking about what may be relevant to the subject posted. Brutality against anyone is wrong period. Intresting read never the less.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Xeros]

Edn

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I could almost laugh at this. What idiot would consider killing a Buddhist? It gains nothing, Seeker PI pointed it out perfectly the Dalai Lama pretty much couldn't care less if you killed him. Its in Buddhist nature not to really be bothered about death (fear = suffering).

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You have a point Xeros, and i should have elaborated my position.

The idea of assassinating religious icons is just another step in the ideological warfare that has been playing out for centuries. pious intrigues such as this are discrasful are generally very poltically motivated.

Will the Lama be assassinated? im leaning more towards no. This "terrorist" organization has already promoted terror (in the guards of the lama and his followers.)

As for the article i posted, i just wanted to illistrate that budhism has had its share of bloodshed in its history aswell.

UNfortunately, religious leaders often lead their surfs down a path that violates their own religious precepts.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by InSpiteOf]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join