It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
McGotti: why the hell would Jesus be black?? Do you see anything in any of the several million christian churches in the world about Jesus being black?? This is just something racist black americans such as Tupac Shakur invented because they can't handle that so many people worship a white man. They want their own coloured version of everything and in fact they are hypocrites and are racist themselves.

www.blackmadonnashrine.org...

www.home.amigo.net...

www.theworkofgod.org...

Well if you go to Poland they worship a black Jesus and Mary yet there White?????

What does that tell you.

www.emmitsburg.net...

[Edited on 20-2-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
I'm looking at this thread. Weighing it with my eyes. And my complete attention is fixed on this one thing..... What would Jesus do?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Your right he would tell people the truth. But He would also let them know that what he was wasn't important. It was who he was and what he stood for. If your message and image was distorted for 2000 years what would you do?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
But joke aside. This is a conspiracy forum, and the issue of the skin color of "Jesus" in all those icons and childrens' minds is or was politically motivated. That's the issue here. Why would it be important for the Romans who were fighting the Jews and the Muslims to have a white Jesus you think? What could they possibly gain.....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
why the hell would Jesus be black??

Why the hell would Nelson Mandela be black? Think about it. If you went on and became something of a hero for a whole people or segment of society. You fought for equality and justice and even layed down your own life to gain victory. Then you die and a while later, your enemies figure that since they can't beat you, they can become you, so they change your color, steal your message, and make the whole world forget about your real acheivements, but instead remember you like a person who faught for his enemies. What if in a hundred years Nelson Mandela is remembered like the Dutch Nazi guru who saved the world from the black beasts? And he was worshipped by a world of brainwashed people who would scoff at anyone who claimed he had ever been black. And you say skin color makes no difference? It bloody well does. As long as the white man continues his capitaist, colonial culture vandalism.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If ya read the bible it clearly states Jesus' blood line. (Descended from the House of KING David)
JEWISH. Genetically, jewish. Not white, like Christians like to imagine, not "black," either. Jewish. If you know someone whose 100% Jewish, take a good look at them. Jewish is Jewish. (olive skin/white) Caucasion is caucasion. (White) Black is black. No mystery here. But then again, I guess people would rather waste their time arguing over some silly conspiracy.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
did you all Know that jesus was a black man?...or at least a tee-shirt i saw said as much...so was jesus really white as the neo-christian propoganda would have you to believe..or was he black or arab..ect..

Youre an ididot and i think just trying to get more points (dumass)

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It's also quite interresting to notice that the old vikings were far more tollerant than us it seems. They travelled alot and especially around the Mediterranian. They were merchants and among others, they traded with the black people of North Africa. However, they didn't refer to them as black in their books, but blue, bl�umen, the blue men. For those of you who have been to North Africa or have read a little, this may not be so strange, for at the time, and still, the Tuareg people lives in that area, and since old times they have always dressed in blue garments. I may be wrong, but I even think the word Tuareg means "the Blue People".

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Revelation 2:18
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

WRONG!!!

You cleverly ommitted the REST of the description which includes such oddities as a Sword sticking out of his mouth... The description is of a being that is "man-like" not of an actual man, and is meant to inspire awe and fear, not be different words for black...

The case isn't closed...far from it.

Better yet, the Bible ALWAYS states Jesus was JEWISH...not white, not black, not arabic, not hindu, so there really doesn't seem to be any reason to question this....

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Down south (which is a different land unto itself!) dark blacks were called "blue-gum Ni....." (ain't sayin' it.) It was probably a racist term used to describe the very darkest of the slaves and their descendants.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Revelation 2:18
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

This is PROPHECY. Prophecy describes the FUTURE. After Jesus' ascension. On earth he was Jewish.

Congratulations, tho, on the needlessly huge thread.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why do people bitch about a thread being to long and pointless yet they continue to read and post on it???? Hey if its pointless then dont reply..or even open the thread up..hmm..sound like and idea???

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
And as you can see noone commented on the fact that white people in poland worship and black Jesus and Mary. What do they know that we don't?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
They probably know that Jesus was black.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Read the bible, folks. It's very clear. It doesn't really matter what any of us want to believe. Wanting something to be so, does not make it so.

With that, I'll leave this thread to those who are unwilling to simply open the bible and read Jesus' lineage in the first gospel.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Read the bible, folks. It's very clear. It doesn't really matter what any of us want to believe. Wanting something to be so, does not make it so.

Where does it say what you are refering to and exactly what does it say?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Where does it say what you are refering to and exactly what does it say?

In the very beginning of the New Testament (in one of the gospels) it denotes Jesus' lineage for historical purposes. It is to show how he was a direct descendant of the house of David, which was an old testament prophecy. (That the Messiah would be born of the house of David.)

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
They were black too so what's the point?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth

Originally posted by THENEO
[You made a lot of good points here. But there are people on this earth that are pure race. Do they have a right or a need to maintain a race?

Jesus could have been black, anything is possible, but I see no reason to believe that there were any number of blacks in Ancient Israel or other holy lands. If there were blacks were they equals with semetic, arabic, europeans etc? If we believe even a few stories of the bible we see that Christ for the most part walked about like any regular guy even when he became disliked for his teachings by authorities.

the point I am trying to make is that why should I believe that blacks were equal in the eyes of jews or other peoples in that area when even today they are for the most part not?

Everything has it Cycles. The people that are on top today wern't on top yesterday and vice versa. Just look at history and you will see.

Mohammed was a black and converted much of Africa. His decedents conquered much of Europe for 800 Years but were eventually drove out. But they don't tell you that in the history books.

My point I�m trying to make is that his story is not always how it went down. The Jewish religion originated in Africa. Think about it the earliest record we have of them was in Africa (i.e. Egypt but a lot of people don't consider that part of Africa). So who are we to say that we know. Well now we have science and science has proven over and over again that the Ethiopian Jews are more closely related to the lineage of David than the Mainstream "Jews".

You can show people passages from there holy book and DNA proof yet they still don't believe. I guess that's how deep the racism is in this country and it's not going to get any better.

Muhammad was black too now? Wow I never heard this before. My Arab friends would get quite excited about this claim. I'll have to ask them about it.

Any other major religious figures in history that were Black too, seems to be a trend here is it?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on the parade here but the catholic church refers to the black madonna too. Poland is mostly catholic. There have been numerous references to this in antiquity.

www.franciscancaring.org...

Why Is She Referred to as The Black Madonna?

"Black Madonna" is a nickname. It refers to skin tones in the portrait of Mary and Jesus. They and St. Joseph lived in a hot climate. Hence, their skin tone would be dark brown or olive in order to survive the intensity of the sun and avoid skin cancer.

Not until the Renaissance were there paintings of Jesus and Mary with alabaster skin, blue eyes and blond hair. Previously, all religious artwork reflected the olive skin, with black or brown hair and eyes attributed to the Holy Family and the Apostles.

Contributing to the portrait's blackened appearance is the fact that the painting is nearly 2,000 years old. When St. Luke painted the portrait of Mary with Christ, he did so with crude oil paints, which naturally dull and darken with age.

Additionally, the painting has survived a major fire -- the one in Constantinople referred to earlier. Beyond that, tens of thousands of pots of incense have been burned near the painting while it was in the Eastern Orthodox Church. And, millions of wax candles have been placed before it as people make their prayerful offerings.

These and other factors have resulted in darkening the Miraculous Image -- the portrait now referred to as "The Black Madonna."

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
They were black too so what's the point?

Supposedly Ham's people were the father of the black race. That is still up for debate. But that's back in the very beginning.

It's very important, though to understand the twelve tribes. And the importance of lineage and racial purity for the Jews in biblical times. Jesus' lineage to the House of David is the lynchpin in the prophecy of the coming of Jesus. The Messiah would be Jewish, according to Old Testament prophecy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join