It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo
Does this mean that Buddha is a black man too?

oh yea, buddha and vishnu and allah and everyone else is black now, didnt you know? no one can escape the evils of affirmative action these days, not even men who lived 2000 years previous

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

Jo

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

"no one can escape the evils of affirmative action"

Interesting words..... I think I like it!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo

Who is Buddha?
Buddha can refer to the historical Buddha Shakyamuni or to anyone who has attained full enlightenment.

The Buddha who is the founder of the Buddhist religion is called Buddha Shakyamuni (or Siddhartha see below). "Shakya" is the name of the royal family into which he was born, and "Muni" means "Able One." Buddha Skakyamuni was born as a royal prince in 624 BC in a place called Lumbini, which was originally in northern India but is now part of Nepal.

When the king saw the child he felt as if all his wishes had been fulfilled and he named the young prince "Siddhartha."

A short version of Siddhartha (The Historical First Buddha)
As the young prince grew up he mastered all the traditional arts and sciences without needing any instruction. He knew sixty-four different languages, each with their own alphabet, and he was also very skilled at mathematics. He once told his father that he could count all the atoms in the world in the time it takes to draw a single breath.

Sometimes Prince Siddhartha would go into the capital city of his father's kingdom to see how the people lived. During these visits he came into contact with many old people and sick people. These encounters left a deep impression on his mind and led him to realize that all living beings without exception have to experience the sufferings of birth, sickness, ageing and death.

Seeing how all living beings are trapped in this vicious circle of suffering he felt deep compassion for them, and he developed a sincere wish to free all of them from their suffering. Realizing that only a fully enlightened Buddha has the wisdom and the power to help all living beings in this way, he resolved to leave the palace and retire to the solitude of the forest where he would engage in profound meditation until he attained enlightenment.

Siddhartha then made his way to a place near Bodh Gaya in India, where he found a suitable site for meditation. After training in meditation for six years he realized that he was very close to attaining full enlightenment, and so he walked to Bodh Gaya where, on the full moon day of the fourth month of the lunar calendar, he seated himself beneath the Bodhi Tree in the meditation posture and vowed not to rise from meditation until he had attained perfect enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
"but we respect him just as much as a Christian does,"

How can a muslim respect jesus, if his teachings is the oppsite to mohammeds?

How can a christian respect mohammed, if his teaching are the oppsite to jesus?

How does chilean become a muslim? if he lives in a christianian nation?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
oh yeah man buddha was a black man! god is a black man, jesus is a black man who else? oh yea Chinese monks are black people! wow! michael jackson is a blackman! oh no wait! he used to be but he hated it so much he paid millions to become white!

Jo

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
oh yeah man buddha was a black man! god is a black man, jesus is a black man who else? oh yea Chinese monks are black people! wow! michael jackson is a blackman! oh no wait! he used to be but he hated it so much he paid millions to become white!

Brilliant!!! Pissing myself I was laughing so much.

While were at it lets also lable Saddam as a black man or would we be starting another war?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by akummma
"but we respect him just as much as a Christian does,"

How can a muslim respect jesus, if his teachings is the oppsite to mohammeds?

How can a christian respect mohammed, if his teaching are the oppsite to jesus?

How does chilean become a muslim? if he lives in a christianian nation?

Jesus(pbuh) teachings in the Bible are written in the Quran, his teachings were quite simple, to narrow it down to a few words his teachings were all most like this:
Worship the one ture God---Its so simple!
Muhammads(pbuh) teachings were the same, except he came to all man kind and not just for the Arabs, Jesus(pbuh) came to the Isrealits(if thats how you spell it) as it is writen in the Bible!

How does a chilean become Muslim, Simple
You must Bear witness that there is only one god worthy of worship and that is God and Muhammad was his Messenger!
Remember that Muhammad came to the world with his revelations from God bought down by the Angle Gabrial
because no human can talk to God nor see God!
My friend anyone can become a Muslim, its up to the person to revert!

Thanks

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Buddha was indian was he not?

Why is he protrayed with oriental facial complex?

Who cares if he was black, Since when do we judge a person simply on the merit of thier looks?

Deep

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Buddha was indian was he not?

Why is he protrayed with oriental facial complex?

Who cares if he was black, Since when do we judge a person simply on the merit of thier looks?

Deep

Yes, the first "Historical" Buddha was Indian. I'm guessing that the reason Buddha is so often made out to be oriental is that Buddha's teaching was spread to China and Tibet where it has branched out and become more established there or something. While India has held more of the Hindu theme. Of course that is just my partially educated guess, the actual account of history may prove different.

Think about this too. Why are there so many statues of Buddha as a big fat guy too? That certainly wouldn't be an acurate representation of Siddhartha or most other Buddha's since they are usually very thin and frail from fasting, constant meditation, etc. Siddhartha, I believe, became so thin he came very close to death at one point and realized that cleansing the body to such extremes is no better than the opposite and a balance is what is truely needed. I'm not sure who the portly guy is supposed to be exactly, perhaps he is another Buddha from history.

Why so many people argue over the color or race or whatever instead of listening and trying to understand the message of Jesus or anyone else is a mystery to me. Maybe it's just so they can waste time trying to find problems within the insignificant details so they don't have to take on the task of really learning something.

It reminds me of this philisophical phrase or "Koan".
It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away,I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.
-Robert Pirsig

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Deep

I agree, Deep.
As I have said for many years.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Trying to see what Jesus probably looked like:
I saw a show where archeologists took the facial characteristics of modern-day Middle Eastern men and made a skull, then put clay on the skull to see what the face looked like. They made him dark-skinned. The result was that Jesus probably had a wide face, promenent facial features (nose, lips, etc.) and dark skin. They even put a beard on the head. It looked like a man of dark skin, but not really "Black".

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think Jesus was arabic. Maybe he got darker in the summer, and it made him look black?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
did you all Know that jesus was a black man?...or at least a tee-shirt i saw said as much...so was jesus really white as the neo-christian propoganda would have you to believe..or was he black or arab..ect..

Ah...crap. Why did someone have to bring this up again. Ive heard this arguement way too many times. Maybe jesus was black, maybe he was white, but who honestly gives a #?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
btw...how is this a conspiracy?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by akummma
Rubbish

Jews and arabs are from differenent mothers.
The arab race ended up dark. The jewish race ended up white skin with redhair. You can't have dark skin and red hair, genetics don't work that way. So a real jew is white with red hair. King david is said to have red hair, jesus was descenant of him so meaning that he would of most likely had red hair. I suspect the mother of the jews, was from the north, near england, borth with white skin and red hair, where the arab mother was from the middle east born with dark skin.

Its also most likely jesus had had havel eyes or blue because of his hair color.

Sorry to say that you all are dead wrong!!!!!!!!!! I've seen black people with red hair and freckles(and no it wasn't dyed). So your ignorance astounds me.

Antonio Arnaiz-Villena, Nagah Elaiwa, Carlos Silvera, Ahmed Rostom, Juan Moscoso, Eduardo G�mez-Casado, Luis Allende, Pilar Varela, and Jorge Mart�nez-Laso. "The Origin of Palestinians and Their Generic Relatedness With Other Mediterranean Populations." Human Immunology 62(9) (September 2001): 889-900. Published by Elsevier Science Inc. Recalled by editors after publication. Retraction in Human Immunology 62(10) (October 2001): 1063. Abstract excerpts:

"The genetic profile of Palestinians has, for the first time, been studied by using human leukocyte antigen (HLA) gene variability and haplotypes. The comparison with other Mediterranean populations by using neighbor-joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses reveal that Palestinians are genetically very close to Jews and other Middle East populations, including Turks (Anatolians), Lebanese, Egyptians, Armenians and Iranians. Archaeologic and genetic data support that both Jews and Palestinians came from the ancient Canaanites, who extensively mixed with Egyptians, Mesopotamian and Anatolian peoples in ancient times..."
Excerpts:
"Both Jews and Palestinians share a very similar HLA genetic pool (Table 3, Figures 4, 5 and 6) that support a common ancient Canaanite origin.... Jews, Cretans, Egyptians, Iranians, Turks and Armenians are probably the closest relatives to Palestinians..." (p. 897)

www.khazaria.com...

When you go to the page goto edit and do a search for Canaanites. It's funny how north Africans are considered Black or African, there "Arab". You know Egypt Libya, etc. The middle east is right next to the Africa. I agree it doesn't matter but is a racist society it actually does. People call this man God. Even thought "Jesus" wasn't his name. You can hate black people yet worship one???? Hypocrisy

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by DaTruth]

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Originally posted by Jo

oh yea, buddha and vishnu and allah and everyone else is black now, didnt you know? no one can escape the evils of affirmative action these days, not even men who lived 2000 years previous

Of course the Buddha was black! No white man has that much soul. Man, could he cut a rug!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo

When were ever East Indians white? Below is an image of a typical East Indian. Are you saying that Buddha wasn't an Indian?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePook

Deep

I agree, Deep.
As I have said for many years.

Very well that we shouldnot use the color of our skin to promote ourselves and put us above other people. But true shall be true, and the knowledge of the Truth shall set you free. Knowledge says that most prophets and holy men were black. For the rightious this sets him free. This gives him fulfillment.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
btw...how is this a conspiracy?

If I went out and said Nelson Mandela was a white man, and made the whole world believe this, and when he comes around, noone believes him since he has the "wrong" color and a "villain".... Wouldn't that be a conspiracy?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is all so very ridiculous. Archeologists said this. I think that. THE BIBLE SAID HE WAS BLACK.

Revelation 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Revelation 2:18
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join