It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
in evry movie god is always presented as a black man

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weeman

what about those movies with john denver and that old cigar guy with the glasses..what was the name of those movies?..i cant remember

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weeman

George Burns was a Black Man?!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Who said the 12 tribes originated in Africa?

This is new to me.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What amazes me is that. The Bible, which many of you "say" you believe devoutly, gives Jesus's description as black but you all still say, "No, it can't be so!"

Really? Please, which book and verse?

Thought so...

It is conceivable that he would have had more of a middle eastern genetic makeup...but to claim him as black just because of descendants hundreds, to thousands of years prior, is like saying I'm black for the same reasons....

George Burns was a Black Man?!!!

Of course, after all, he is a descendant of the original tribes of Isreal, right Colonel? After all, if Adam and Eve were to fit the record of discovered hominids, then we'd ALL be black! And maybe, originally, we were... The point is, over hundreds and thousands of years, people adapt to their environment. Those that went to colder climes, changed skin tone, hair color, etc.

I guess that's why I always find color arguements so inane.... We're all from the same monkey-men...eons ago...

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

We're all from the same monkey-men...eons ago...

I'm not.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

what about those movies with john denver and that old cigar guy with the glasses..what was the name of those movies?..i cant remember

The first one was "Oh God", then "Oh God, you Devil", then "Oh God, Book II". The movies give the best depiction of God, out of any movie. The one with the most significance to this topic is "Book II". At the very end, God is talking to the little girl, who was his messenger this time, and just as he is about to leave, the camera cuts to a shot of his hand, reaching out and touching her cheek. The hand that touches her is black.

I realize that the movie is about God and not Jesus, but since they are supposed to have been one and the same, I think the message applies to Jesus as well.

He could have looked like anyone he wanted. His purpose was to bring the Truth of God to the world, and since the New Testament details his relationship with & appearance to the Jews, I believe he would have looked like a Jew, because that is what would have been the most effective. If he looked like any other race, he would not have had the impact on them that he did. The Jews would not have accepted him as one of their own if they didn't think he was. Everyone was extremely segregated at that time and there was very little mingling between races.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
what i would love to know is was jesus a real historical figure or a character based on older solar myths like osiris and horus isis = mary was the gospel created as a control mechanism by the roman councils or is it truth based on older teachings of the gnostics but alot of those books which are in the nag hammadi library were removed from the bible gee i wonder why was there an actual historical jesus or are his teachings based on universal truths im kinda confused on this point if anyone has some insights id appreciate the help thanks all

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
everyone bashes the bible, bashes those who believe in the bible. but its so important for jesus to be of your race? some kind of biblical penismeasuring game?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hello all and happy new year!!

I see that this topic has been talked about before many times in the past!!
First of all i would like to say that it doesnt matter if Jesus(pbuh) was black/white/yellow/red/green whatever!!
Islam tought me about the brotherhood of Man and that it shouldnt be broken for race/colour.
But the truth is that he did look like an Arab, jews and arabs are from the same family as Abraham(pbuh), so that leads me to believe that Jesus(pbuh) was brown/black colourd skin.
And also for the record, in one of the Hadiths the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) had a dream of the anti christ (Dijjal) and Jesus(pbuh) and he describes Jesus(pbuh) as being black and having a drop of water runninig down his forhead (i think that how he describes him) sorry if im wrong about it to any brothers please correct me on this!!

Guerilla

Salaam

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Rubbish

Jews and arabs are from differenent mothers.
The arab race ended up dark. The jewish race ended up white skin with redhair. You can't have dark skin and red hair, genetics don't work that way. So a real jew is white with red hair. King david is said to have red hair, jesus was descenant of him so meaning that he would of most likely had red hair. I suspect the mother of the jews, was from the north, near england, borth with white skin and red hair, where the arab mother was from the middle east born with dark skin.

Its also most likely jesus had had havel eyes or blue because of his hair color.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This the most likely picture on how he looked.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
"There is more evidence of aliens and bigfoot than of Jesus IMO"

Um..NO! There is NUMEROUS historical PHYSICAL evidence that a man, Jesus of Nazareth, existed. The shroud with his face on it, the tomb, the house..etc etc..the list goes on and on..

What do you have on aliens? Some stories of "eyewitnesses" and maybe, not even sure, crash evidence? Yeah, thats alot..

-wD

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Guerilla

Why do you insult god, by calling him a prophet?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I REALLY think that has nothing to do with anything other than predijust....Who cares what color the LORD was, if he had long hair, one leg, white/black WHO CARES. He can be pink for all I care he IS LORD OF LORDS.......He is the son of GOD.

If you really want to find out WHO the Lord is read the bible. DO NOT place your opinion on COLOR.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Oh, pleae, I thought we had already proven this.

1) It say so in the Bible.
2) Jesus was a descendent of the 12 tribes of Israel which orginated in Africa.
3) The guy in the picture you see is Cardinal Cesare Borgias, a murderer and all according to CourtTV.com.

I mean, how many times?

hahahahahahha from africa. this is rich, colon-el where do you get this stuff? you should do stand up.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
truth be told, what does race matter to god? nothing. the flesh is just a vessel, god cares not what colour you are, and could appear as any colour he wished, bright green if he felt nessescary. its all stupid logic of a materialistically bound mind were trying to use to wrap our brains around a concept beyond our comprehension

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
i'm fed up with "black man comments"

" jesus was a black man!!!"

what a convincing thread name is that?

can you prove that jesus was black?

oh man all this black man # is growing into the anger

Jo

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Does this mean that Buddha is a black man too?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by akummma
Guerilla

Why do you insult god, by calling him a prophet?

I call Jesus(pbuh) a messanger of God because it is proven in the Bible and in the Quran
If i have offended you, i am sorry!
please dont get angry because we have differant views on Jesus(pbuh)
The only differance between christians and Muslims view's of Jesus(pbuh) is:
1) we believe he didnt die on the cross and that God had saved him from death!
2) We believe that he is just a prophet just like the Uniterian Christians!
but we respect him just as much as a Christian does, that is what makes us close to chirstians

Please forgive me for offending anyone.

Salaam

Guerilla

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join