It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I think HOT MAWGMA is moving under Rainier...

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
what would this mean?

sorry....didn't come up, i didn't do it right. try this.....

www.pnsn.org...

[edit on 11-10-2005 by aimlessly]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sorry if that sounded dumb, i am new at trying to understand the webicorders.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is my understanding that when the webicorder looks like that it means that magma is moving which is understandable with how much the dome is growing at MSH. But there have been lots and lots of micro-quakes around 2.5 or so for the past few days so maybe some of that is from those also.

I am by no means an expert I am learning everyday so I might be mistaken.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
You know, I really have to wonder what is going to happen. Rainer did this same thing before the big earthquake on Dec. 26th. As well as before the 8 pointers after. It lasted about a month if I remember correctly.
[edit on 30-9-2005 by mrsdudara]

maybe we should take more notice of when rainer is "active", because it shows that something is gonna happen.

Dec 26th & now the Pakistan quake

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yea, about Rainier........RUN!!!

That quake calmed it down for a day or two, but now it is worse than before. I am thinking that the pressure builds up and escapes at the weakest point. Rainier has been showing us when pressure is building, but the weakest point has been elsewhere. With it comming back this dramaticly, I have to wonder if it has, now, become the weakest point.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Where are you folks getting this information about Rainer? I haven't seen anything on the news, and a Yahoo! news search didn't show anything either...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
Where are you folks getting this information about Rainer? I haven't seen anything on the news, and a Yahoo! news search didn't show anything either...

It's not in the news. We're getting it from watching the PNSN webicorders on Mt. Rainier.

www.pnsn.org...

And for instance, Camp Muir doesn't look good at all right now:

www.pnsn.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
see yesterday's Rainier- Camp Muir?

www.pnsn.org...

[edit on 13-10-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yep, TA. It's been cycling through that type activity for what seems like 2 weeks or so now. It's quite disturbing.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
so wassa deal? These charts gotta like go off the scale or something, all blacked and redded out before it's real serious?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I don't know. All I can tell you is that the USGS has never stated anything but "continues at normal background levels", no matter how jicky the charts look, it's always at normal background levels.

So I guess it doesn't mean much. *

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
sorry.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
forgot already posted about this. sorry.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So this is pretty much a panic/freak/sky is falling sort of thing, huh?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Woa!

www.pnsn.org...

hold up there big daddy!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Woa!

www.pnsn.org...

hold up there big daddy!

Hmmm, many colorful squiggly lines...interesting (sorry if i lost the layman with the technical jargon)

Val i assume that's showing extraordinary seismic activity, yes? Is it abnormal or within expected fluctuations.

I asked 'cause i was just running naked down my street screaming the sky is falling, the SKY is FALLING and for some reason everybody is looking at me strange.

IOW could you elaborate on what the graph is 'saying' for us rubes, thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don't know what this type of activity on the webicorders means. I can tell you when I see something that appears to be magmatic encrochment. But if this is just rock cracking from magma flow...that's some big cracks!
And the periodicity that is occurring with it is kind of weird too.

Simple answer - I don't know!...it just scares me!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I see that there were some 2.9 earthquakes at MSH around the same time as that webicorder reading (at least I think it was around that time-I'm not great at time changes) That is about the only thing I can see that is obvious. But I don't see anything for that specific area -- don't know why there isn't a listing on the earthquake page for it when it shows for MSH.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was concerned with Rainier, so I sent an email to the Southwest volcano research center, asking what they thought. I got an email back about 4 hours later from R.B. I thought I would post it so you all can read. His answer is first my email is last.

Hi Jennifer !

Thank you for your e-mail and question regarding Mt. Rainier.

First, most of us in the volcano business consider Mt. Rainier to be the single most dangerous volcano in the United States today. The recent earthquake activity is common place with Mt. Rainier, i.e., coming and going in sort of cycles as it did last year and again this year. Of course the Cascades Volcano Observatory (CVO) and certainly we here at SWVRC pay close attention to the seismic activity of this volcano. Currently, Eruption Pro 10.6 has forecasted Mt. Rainier with a 12.94% probability of eruption for year 2005 with current data loaded. Of course this probability calculation can increase (or decrease) with additional data on seismic, deformation, thermal, etc.

Again, many thanks for you e-mail and question. And I guarantee you we will be watching this mountain closely !

Respectfully,

SOUTHWEST VOLCANO RESEARCH CENTRE

"R.B."

R. B. Trombley, Ph.D.
Director & Principal Research Volcanologist

NOTE: All SWVRC e-mails are virus scanned before sending.
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 7:17 AM
Subject: Mt. Rainier

Hello, I was wondering what you think of Mt. Rainier right now. There are quite a few of us watching the seismographs via the usgs website. We have noticed that since last year, Mt. Rainier has acted up before all of the 7+ quakes. He acted up again before this last quake, quiet down, and now he is acting up again. Several of us are curious/concerned. When Mt. St. Helens started up last year, they explained that what looked like a heart beat on the seismographs was magma. Rainier has developed that "heart beat". So, what do you think Rainier is doing?

Thanks for your time,
Jennifer

It does not sound like they are taking it lightly either. One thing I found interesting, not sure if it is worth mentioning, but he sent a copy of what you read to over 50 other people. I recognised some of the names as volconologists. I am not sure why he would have sent this to so many people. Anyway, Rainier is a scary topic. Especially with the pattern lately.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join