It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascades - Disturbing Activity at St Helens & Rainier!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Hello! Just back to "over-sensationalize" this situation a little bit.

Rainier has developed a consistent "heart beat" very similar to MSH and has continuous indications of possible magmatic encroachment into new rock. Somebody needs to pay attention.

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

Don't worry, I'm watchin' her! We were over in Seattle two weeks ago and my wife commented that she really likes it there, then I calmly reminded her of the inevitable situation with Rainier ........................ it's just a matter of when, not if.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've been watching Three Sisters for a while now. (I'm a reinsurance journalist. Love my job! So many icky potential disasters out there!) The problem is that we don't know just when the uplift started. It might be a new volcano starting, or it might be movement in the magma chamber that feeds South Sister. (North Sister is extinct, I think, and Middle Sister has been dormant since the Holocene era.) We just don't know. Has anybody been looking at the unrest at Obsidian Butte by the way? That's what I love about the Cascades - it's so damn long and there are so many different types of volcano along it!

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
HOLY COW!!! not only are they all acting up, but Crater lake is screaming and all the other stations are picking it up!!! I wish the web cam worked there.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hello..I live very near crater lake and was wondering if you fine folks would not mind pointing me to the cams and such that you re refering to..

I also lived out in Prineville ( near the siisters). I am very interested and would not mind running around if something need a eyeball on something if you folks needed something like that..

Coho

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohorun
Hello..I live very near crater lake and was wondering if you fine folks would not mind pointing me to the cams and such that you re refering to..

I also lived out in Prineville ( near the siisters). I am very interested and would not mind running around if something need a eyeball on something if you folks needed something like that..

Coho

volcanolive.com is where I find my list of cams. The crater lake one hasnt worked since May though.

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thank you kindly

Coho

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP! Look at the Rainier webicorders!

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

www.pnsn.org...

*muther*

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Unbelievable....do you know if Muir and Lognire are close together?
It would seem they must be

Great catch

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow, that sure does look disturbing. I'm really hoping people will wake up to these dangers and Find A Place.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You know, I really have to wonder what is going to happen. Rainer did this same thing before the big earthquake on Dec. 26th. As well as before the 8 pointers after. It lasted about a month if I remember correctly. Just kept getting stronger and stronger and they finaly mentioned it in a Seattle newspaper. Do you think Rainier is going to blow, or do you think there is going to be another quake?

ok, after I posted this I checked out the usgs and the new madrid is freaking out. I really hope the next quake is not here

SO positive thinking everyone......Rainier is just snoring a little loud. It will stop and nothing will come of it, and it will be a pretty happy sunny day

[edit on 30-9-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
You know, I really have to wonder what is going to happen. Rainer did this same thing before the big earthquake on Dec. 26th. As well as before the 8 pointers after. It lasted about a month if I remember correctly. Just kept getting stronger and stronger and they finaly mentioned it in a Seattle newspaper. Do you think Rainier is going to blow, or do you think there is going to be another quake?

ok, after I posted this I checked out the usgs and the new madrid is freaking out. I really hope the next quake is not here

SO positive thinking everyone......Rainier is just snoring a little loud. It will stop and nothing will come of it, and it will be a pretty happy sunny day

[edit on 30-9-2005 by mrsdudara]

MrsDudara is the Madrid fault really freaking out? I checked the site and it looked tame compared to California. I don't know a lot about earthquakes.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
zenlover> the new madrid is not as active as California. However, it is and has been having earthquake swarms, which are unusual. It is what would happen if it went off that bothers us. here is a piece about it that I got off the USGS site

On the basis of the large area of damage (600,000 square kilometers), the widespread area of perceptibility (5,000,000 square kilometers), and the complex physiographic changes that occurred, the Mississippi River valley earthquakes of 1811-1812 rank as some of the largest in the United States since its settlement by Europeans. The area of strong shaking associated with these shocks is two to three times larger than that of the 1964 Alaska earthquake and 10 times larger than that of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

Now here is the map of the last 6 months. Not only are there a lot of quakes, there are a few on here that have no reasoning behind them. I am not saying that we are going to have a quake, I am just pointing out that this area is unstable. The pressure is building again, we can see that with all the volcanos. The pressure is like lightning it will exit out the weakest spot. Is the New Madrid the weakest spot? I dont know, but it very well could be.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Man the Camp Muir station REALLY looks like harmonic tremors, ie: MAGMA MOVEMENT

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You know, I really have to wonder what is going to happen. Rainer did this same thing before the big earthquake on Dec. 26th. As well as before the 8 pointers after

Really? Do you have a link for that? Now that is an interesting twist and you could be onto something. If we could compare the activity Rainer had before the tsunami to the current activity we might could find a correlation. I wonder if most or all volcano's get jumpy before a huge event even as far as Sumatra?

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay

Really? Do you have a link for that? Now that is an interesting twist and you could be onto something. If we could compare the activity Rainer had before the tsunami to the current activity we might could find a correlation. I wonder if most or all volcano's get jumpy before a huge event even as far as Sumatra?

Hi dday, check out page 12 and 13 of this very thread. It continues on after that throught the other pages. however that is when it started.

Most of them got jumpy, but Rainier more than the others. MSH was going big at that time, but it started in I believe october.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 1-10-2005 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Have you all checked out the MSH webcam today -- here is the link for the past 3 hours (at 11 East Coast)

MSH

let's see if I can get an image from 7:30 MSH time

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edited to put a pic I uploaded to ats -- didn't realize the other would change -- sorry

[edit on 3-10-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
justme

Look at the webicorder! www.pnsn.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Holy dookie!

It did do something.

www.fs.fed.us...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
when I looked earlier and tried to post that picture -- there were about 2 hours of something happening -- sorry for the confusion in the original picture -- I believed the page when it said it was a static image -- so the picture I just put in wasn't the exact one I was looking at but close to the same look.

I'm going to check in there from time to time today to see if I can see anything else -- although it looks like weather is coming in now.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here's some information about the 1811- 1812 giant event. This is something to think seriously about. It covered a large area.

www.hsv.com...

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join