It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis... buzzing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xhorrorgasmx
Thank you Spines. All the things you're saying make sense. And it's awesome to be logical sometimes haha. What I was thinking some of the things were is the same that you're writing... of course, I don't know much about the subject. Pretty much all the information I know came from... wikipedia. haha.

Keep in mind that my explination may not be the correct one. The only way to really tell is to undergo sleep observation at an institue. And no, I am not recommending you do because what you describe does not sound serious in nature...although interesting with the 'waving in and out'.

Like I said, I offer only one view point in regards to your experience. It may, after all, be something more paranormal in nature then I can explain or begin to comprehend.

One should always see all sides of the issue when the answer is unclear. If anything you come out a little more educated then when you began.

Oh and, boo to wikipedia. I suggest utilizing googles "Scholar" search feature so you can get your hands on some peer reviewed material.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just had a series of sleep paralysis last night. It was joined by a pair of lucid dreams. It was pretty cool, a lil freaky on the side though. This time I got this whooshing sound like bestideayet described. It was like one of those "going back in time" sound effects. Pretty cool, but not much buzzing.

Sometimes I see dark figures. Most times they won't make a sound, but just hover over me. Rarely do I see them and I just get a weird random chattering sound. I don't know, but I try to ignore it. Nothing too bad.

But my regards to favouriteslave. Those dreams do not sound cool at all

8th

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
A couple days ago, I got my first "buzzing" so now I know what you guys are talking about. I've had numerous sleep paralysis episodes and have seen/heard it all except for the buzzing. It was loud! It was exactly like paralysis except it didn't feel as errie. I didn't get the bad feeling. None the less I still kinda freaked out and I guess natural reaction took over and I snapped out of it.

Also I found something that works now, to break free of the episodes. The toe wiggle, it works great.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yeah theres a buzzing, then a throbbing and then a whoosh feeling with a feeling of acceleration...kinda like falling.

The thing is sometimes quite scary at first but stick with it, your outcomes may be more usefull and fun.

I have had sleep paralysis and OOBE for decades, if were a brain tumour I would know by now...unless I am already dead

Personally I have found it annoying and inconvenient, it has disturbed my sleep many times. I have sometimes gone out for a long run, showered, lay on the bed for a nap and whoosh I am off!!

Thing is I never really got too excited about it and at times have been terrified. It has not been until the last 5 years and the wonder of the internet that I have been aware of what has really been going on. Maybe if I had known then, what I know now, I would have treated the experiences differently...and had better outcomes and abilities.

I used to think it sleep problems and the Docs always mention the various sleep states and the way the mind plays tricks. Hell, its only in the last decade or so that GPs seem to accept sleep paralysis.

Stick with it you might find it entertaining.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yes, sleep paralysis is a physiological condition. Factors that can affect the rate and frequency of episodes are drug use (mostly uppers), lack of sleep, and stress (these are the big ones). I've experienced sleep paralysis many many times, mostly in high school, but every now and then it happens. With me, at first it really scared me as I felt as if I was paralyzed, hence the name. After I realized that it wasn't some strange medical issue, I stopped worrying about and let it happen, I even learned how to break out of this state. While in sleep paralysis, my mind was completely awake, as I could hear people talking about me falling asleep in class again, which was kind of funny. At times, when I was congested due to allergies or whatever else, sometimes I fell into sleep paralysis while in a position that covered my nose, and my mouth wouldn't involuntarily open as in sleep, so basically I felt as though I was suffocating and that was the main reason that I fought the oncoming paralysis and learned how to "break out" of it as I called it. I've heard talk of alpha waves and "astral projection" and what not on other sites, and to be honest I think it's a bunch of nonsense. Sleep paralysis is a medical condition and I think that it can happen to anyone. And as far as the buzzing you refer to, it is a part of sleep paralysis and since I'm not a doctor or physiologist I'm not real sure what it is, but it happens right as your body is about to fall asleep, and the feeling comes from your mind, the only other time I've felt this buzzing was when I was at the dentist and was given nitrous oxide, or NO2, so I would have to conclude that the buzzing is a lack of oxygen (blood) to the brain. Please remember that if you apply for a job with an extensive medical check, like the military, a police department, or a pilot, or anything else that you can think of, do not say that you have ever had sleep paralysis, it will de-qualify you before you have a chance to sit down.

Jeff

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Now, I'm neither a believer or a disbeliever in AP, but I can't deny that I'd love to be able to do it. I first came across AP here on ATS, and have been trying to do it on and off for a few years, with no luck.

A few nights ago I thought I'd give it another go (using the methods cited on here) and I too, reached a point where I heard buzzing. This made me jump, like hearing a loud bang - especially since I was so relaxed at the time. I was slightly startled, and would love to believe that I reached the same point as you. The only odd thing is, is that I continued to hear the buzzing at a reduced noise level even after I had sat up.

I'm sure there are many explanations for the buzzing - living near a train line is an obvious one - but I thought I'd share my response, as it seems to similar to yours.

I hope you're successful in future attempts. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The only odd thing is, is that I continued to hear the buzzing at a reduced noise level even after I had sat up.

Were you bearing down, holding your breath, or somehow slowing your heart rate, possibly without even realizing it? Again buzzing in your ears can be due to changes in blood pressure or O2 levels to the brain.

edit messed up quote:

[edit on 4/7/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

The only odd thing is, is that I continued to hear the buzzing at a reduced noise level even after I had sat up.

Were you bearing down, holding your breath, or somehow slowing your heart rate, possibly without even realizing it? Again buzzing in your ears can be due to changes in blood pressure or O2 levels to the brain.

edit messed up quote:

[edit on 4/7/2007 by defcon5]

Yeah, I was aware of my breathing pattern. Visualising the air "flowing" through me. I usualy fall asleep when attempting to AP, oh well.

To be honest, I'm not aware of how else this could be caused, but your explanation seems very plausible. Like I previously mentioned, I'm open to all suggestions.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by favouriteslave
I have experienced sleep paralysis many times and none of them were pleasant but dark and scary experiences. I will talk about 4 I vividly remember.

1. 1995 or around then. I was living with my ex boyfriend and his father. I awoke paralized to two dark shadow figures. One at the head of my my bed and another at the head of my ex's bed. The room had two twin beds and we had them in a corner to where our feet met in the corner. I couldnt move but the dark figure knew I was regaining movement and jolted across the room to meet the other figure over my ex's head. When I was able to scream he awoke and saw the two figures rise up to the ceiling and disappear.

2. 2006 September in Las Vegas for the Frozen Fury Hockey game. We were staying at Hooters that weekend. I awoke paralized again with a enormous white anaconda on the side table and lamp next to my bed. I couldn't move or scream as it writhed in my face. Finally when I awoke screaming I jumped up and out of the bed stepping all over my husband who then awoke to an insane woman tearing up a bedroom looking for a snake! Just to note: I have no fear of snakes. I've handled them, fed them, been bit a few times too. I even had a pet snake. I continued to look for the snake the entire weekend and got no sleep.

3. 2006 September after returning home from our Vegas trip. I was paralized at an a very large spider hung from the ceiling over my head and made his way down to me. When I was able to move I jumped up and slammed myself up against the wall so hard I hurt my shoulder. Then I could still see it. My husband said I was fully awake and speaking violently to get the spider. I tore apart the whole bed looking for it. Just to note: I am extremely arachniphobic.

4. 2007 January. I was paralized while two men took turns raping me. All I could hear was my baby boy crying in the crib. I could feel everything but was completely limp and helpless. When I was finally able to move I ran to my baby's crib and he was awake, crying. This was while I was taking a nap durning the day while my baby napped.

So I don't think my experiences were out of body but definitely evil and dark.

Edited to say: I do constantly awake to repetitive noises such as buzzing and clacking and clanging. When I awake I discover I was the only one who could hear the noises. As a matter of fact it happened last night. Both buzzing and clacking that only I could hear.

[edit on 27-3-2007 by favouriteslave]

[edit on 27-3-2007 by favouriteslave]

That sounds just horrible. You should definitely try to do something about that.

I have also experienced sleep paralysis along with the loud high pitch buzzing sound, but once it gets too loud, I just force myself out. I haven't seen, nor wish to see the dark figure.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I posted a thread a looooong time ago where I had the exact same experience. I could hear a very loud, crackling, static sound, as though the air was charged with electricity.

I found the more I tried to sit up, the louder the crackling got. After an immense amount of effort I managed to sit right up, at which point I noticed my physicaly body was still lying on the bed, yet I was sitting up, and looking around the room.

I could feel something very strong pushing against my chest, trying to force me back down onto the bed. Eventually this force overcame me and I was basically slammed back into my body. I woke up trembling and covered in a cold sweat. I know I hadn't just had a nightmare, because my cat was in the exact same place in the room as where I saw him during this experience. For the next 2months or so, a large, black....thing always stood at the end of my bed or to the side and my cat was always very reluctant to enter my room, to the point of scratching at the door and mewing to be let out if I took him in with me.

This thing was massive, it was almost the height of the room, and around 1.5 metres wide, with no discernible features. It definately wasn't a shadow, because firstly there was nothing in the room that could cause such a large shadow, and it was blacker than anything I'd ever seen, like an empty void, it's hard to describe the sense of ...nothingness.

I always sensed it before I saw it, because a feeling of dread would sweep over me everytime before it appeared. One night after a few weeks of having this thing standing at the end of the bed freaking me out, I was in a particularly grumpy mood, and pretty much told it off, telling it to either tell me what it wants or go away.

After that did my best to ignore it, not be afraid etc. Eventually this thing seemed to grow less menacing, less 'black'. I still see it on occasion, but there's a good chance that at least 50% of the time I'm probably just looking at a shadow and letting my eyes play tricks on me.

That was my first and last OOBE. It scared the hell out of me and I'm not going to risk giving this 'thing' another chance to possibly do harm to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
For the next 2months or so, a large, black....thing always stood at the end of my bed or to the side and my cat was always very reluctant to enter my room, to the point of scratching at the door and mewing to be let out if I took him in with me.

God, I don't know what to say. As much as I'd like to believe in ghosts, I think if I ever actually saw something like what you saw, it would ruin my life. I would live in paranoia constantly.

I've heard of negative entities roaming the astral planes, basically scaremongering, but I haven't heard of anything preventing you from doing it in the first place. Perhaps it was your fear of the unknown manifesting itself (if that's even remotely possible
).

Edit: Spelling.

[edit on 10/4/07 by BLUELol]

[edit on 10/4/07 by BLUELol]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I too have experienced the electrical feeling, the buzzing sounds and the dark figures.

I have to say its the noises that are the scariest for me.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I sincerely do not buy the medical excuse for sleep paralysis. Those who have experienced it know that it is not as simple they make it sound. I believe it is a term made up to cover up what is really happen and discredit those experiencing it from being taken seriously as a real problem. I believe some know whats really going on but they do not want the public to know so they create this term with a handy definition to silence those that suffer from these horrific attacks.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Couldn't garee with you more...

After reading a number of threads and responses on this forum and others, I've come to the conclusion that there are just so many similarities (such as the dark figures and the noises - not just the buzzing sound)...

I believe we are accessing some part of ourself that is usually restricted by the bombardment of signals that pass through us every day, something in the general essence of our being (not in a religious or necessarily spiritual sense), more of a say, coded piece of dna (only my opinion here) that is accesible when we are in altered perception of states (such as is the case with lucid dreaming).

I also believe there is a connection between out of body experiences, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis.

I cannot speak about astral travel as I've never experienced that, but I've experienced lucid dreaming which is just beautiful and accidently had an OObe when i was a young 'un.

Maybe one day we'll stop dismissing everything as a medical condition and rather treat it as something that is although beyond the norm, is something that we are capable of.

Believe what you will, but I DO think there's something more to it, it's an incredible experience, but can be scary to the unexpecting.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Also, funnily enough...

Many years ago, both my father and his brother were very interested in the paranormal and phenomena such as OObe's and what-not.

My Uncle had a book that suggested ways of experiencing OObe's and with practice he could sometimes reach lucid states but never the OOBe.

Yet, sometime after practicing these techniques he began to experience full sleep paralysis and never tried it again as the experiences worried him.

Now, last month I was out at a family meal and was having a natter with my dad about this and that and after telling him about MY experiences (which involved a book and me trying to practice OObe's), the very same thing happened to me...

So maybe there's several states of being that are accesible, some accidently with good intentions, maybe through meditation and sleep and breathing techniques.

The advice I can give:

If you wanna try and lucid dream, then when you wake up in the morning, do something for five minutes (brush your teeth and have a wash or something)... this is essentialy your waking period that changes your brain waves from one to another.

Now, go back to bed and try and sleep, the altered states will give you a better chance of receiving Lucidity.
Without disturbing the dream process, try and ask yourself as you are drifting away 'am I dreaming yet?'

Sometimes you'll be at the right moment of consciousness / unconsciousness to actually realise you ARE dreaming and then you'll hopefully be able to control and manipulate your dream environment, such as flying and changing the colours of things etc...

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
hey this is my first time here .. just looking into this .. It happend to me for the first time last night and i cant find an explanationfor it it . I went to bed as normal and woke up unable to move i heard lots of male voices rush towards me like a train really really loud in my head i then started to panic and they were gone and i was able to move again it was an awful frightning experience and has left me wondering what it may have been .
thanks lisa

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
wow i had this too and i was wondering if i was just dreaming, was i going crazy or what?!

this happened to me 3 times in about 2 months
i was wide awake and lying on my bed
and then i heard buzzing
i tried to move, but i was pushed down by some force. i tensed up and tried to move. i felt an evil presence and strong fear. i panicked, tried my hardest to move my neck hands and eyes. then it (whatever it was) let me go. i sat up and was fine. but i was paranoid forever.
i have not yet seen the dark figure but i dont want to either.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I always hear a buzzing sound during sleep paralysis. If I wake up, normally, in the night and try to fall asleep again, I can sometimes hear the buzzing sound fade in and thereby know that the paralysis is just about to strike me down completely. Often I do my best to snap out of it, but some times I'm trapped.

/diego

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You were sooo close to having a out of body experience. Believe me.

Tell me more about this!!

I experience a LOT of what the OP has suggested... Does the feeling of being lifted have anything to do with it?

My entire body tenses up, I hear VERY Loud buzzing, beeping, and sometimes squealing *like a radio being tuned*, and a lot of the time, I have the feeling of being moved.... I freak out at that point and try to wake up... Sould I just let it go and see where it takes me?

- Carrot

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I fell asleep on the couch in my bassment one night. I awoke with the feeling that my bassment had changed. There was a low orange glow covering the walls of my bassment and the light seemed to be coming form nowhere. I sat up on my couch and noticed that the bassment door was hanging wide open ( which is weird because I always shut that door before i lay down to go to sleep). The next thing i know, this loud buzzing zound fills electricuted eith fearthe whole room, louder than any noise ive ever heard. I remember thinking next that i was having an encounter of some sort as I am an avid researcher of reptilians and reptilian boodline conspiracy. Then standing in the doorway in front of me was this dark black shape of a tall body. I was peering at it as the buzzing grew even louder. The next thing I know my body jerks violently to the left of the room and I cant look at the entity. It was like being electricuted with negative energy and immense fear all while being paralyzed for about 5 seconds. I was terrified at this point and looked to see if the being was still looking at me in the doorway. I couldent see it, then it started all over again, loud buzzing followed by a dark being in the open bassment door and being jolted to the side unable to look at the being while a vibrating shock pulses through your body filled with fear. Ive never been more terrified in my life. After the second wave the bassment was back to normal and i was sitting up staring at the closed doorway and the orange light was gone. It was like nothing had happened, But I knew it was real. This felt more real than reality. I can remember every detail vividly unlike any nightmare or bad dream. Has anyone else had an experience like this? Do the reptilians want to stop me from spreading the truth about thier agenda for global enslavement?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join