It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sleep paralysis... buzzing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xhorrorgasmx

I have been experiencing this for many years, actually it happens when I am falling asleep. Sometimes when I am in that state I know when is coming and try to resist it, then I hear this loud Buzzing sound, sounds similar to when you giggle a hose in the air quickly but it has a constant pitch to it it just seems to get lauder. once is gone, I feel this deep sense of fear because I cannot move eventhough and no matter how hard I try to it is worthless. the sound is always followed by a feeling that I am floating out of my body, and I used to try to fight it by trying to shake my head so that I can wake myself up, because I know that I am sleeping but there is stil a degree of conciousness left. What I have done lately is to relax and let it go instead of resisting it and I have to say that the experience has been much more pleasant and even enjoyable. for some reason I have been having these exeperiences very frequently in the past couple of days, to the point that I wake up and go back to sleep and the dream continues as if I would have just hit the "pause botton" and press "play" as soon as I am falling asleep.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? any insights as to what it is and why the frequency?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Greetings.

I have been having strange dreams much like this for the past few months. Not often but .. enough to freak me out! Before that I'd never had such a dream like this ever in my life.

The episodes I've had .. always occur between 4AM to 6AM. I wake up at 6:30AM. I usually try to go to bed around 10pm. I think my best sleep occurs during those hours. . . .I'm a restless and light sleeper.

Anyway .. to the dreams. Of course I am or seem to be aware of my surroundings during the dream. I'm lying in bed. Under my sheets I think i am awake until i realize I cannot move. Sometimes it feels like I can see what's happening around me almost feels like a lucid sorta dream but then ... I hear the buzzing sound. It feels like it's coming from inside of my head .. it's SOO loud and I can almost feel it too. I feel my head vibrating and my neck. It frightens me so much I almost feel like i'm having a panic attack and feel as if I'm suffocating. I get so freaked out that I can't move or wake up! and .. I start screaming for my husband or son but they never hear me. It's like all inside my head. All in the dream .. that I'm screaming to wake up or for someone to wake me up.

Once awhile back my husband was still home getting ready for work when I was having the dream...I could see my husband and the light of the bathroom on .. and I was screaming for him to wake me. He told me I wasn't making a sound. . .nor moving in anyway.

It's all very odd and I'm glad I don't have these sorta dreams often. I did have one this morning but I hadn't had one in awhile. During the one I had to today I tried not to freak out by it .. though i still felt as if I was suffocating and that really freaks me out.

Oh and I tend to not go back to bed after the dreams because it would happen again almost .. like something is triggering it .. it seems like.

I was thinking maybe it's something I am eating ... ?? lol. i don't know.

[email protected]
don't know if i will be back to check this site often. but email a response if you if you want.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have had the buzzing for about 6 months.Earplugs d'ont work=it still gets into your head.I haven't however experienced sleep paralysis.But i'm getting VERY vivid dreams of flying which are quite exhilarating in their own way! I wonder if it's an obe?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've just stumbled on this site and feel compelled to give my account of whats happening to me.
I get Sleep Paralysis regularly, almost nightly with no effort, it usually happens if my hands are at an awkward angle to my arms, tucked under my chest if I'm lying on my front (it sounds uncomfortable but it isnt)
It generally starts by itself, a light wave or rush in my head that feels quite pleasant, if I think consciously about it or will it to happen then it dissappears so if I ignore it or actively think about something else then it usually continues and I do like the feeling.
The paralysis happens very soon after this, I will wake up and initially be totally paralysed, then it feels like I can move (milimeters), i cant speak or move my eyes but Im totally lucid. I haven't hallucinated (yet) but last night things were different. I was lying on my side ( i can't remember getting SP in this position) when it happened, I had a buzzing in my head, in one specific area that I have been getting pains in for a while now, the SP was similar to the ones I've had in the past.
I'm not a 'believer' in OOBE, Im open minded but I think something physical is happening here rather than ethereal. I'm going to make an appointment to see a doctor this week as Im getting a little worried about it so I'll pop back here and let you know how I get on.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

This is my first post, I found this site after doing a search for sleep paralysis. I watched a UFO show tonight and a gal was describing her "alien abduction', and the description was much like an experience I had a few months back. Although I never suspected it to be aliens, I thought I was experiencing something spiritual. On the UFO show they had a psychologist dispel her experience as sleep paralysis, so I searched for info. Then I found your post that described what I had happen to me. A loud (vivid) vibration and a tunnel-like vision. My body was rigid. After it was over I was completely relaxed. The odd part about the whole thing is that I have tried many times to get to this state with meditation and have no success, but on this particular night I was very stressed out and had trouble sleeping, so I tried to meditate, and got in this state immediately. I was not asleep when it started, or paralyzed.

In fact at that time, I was able to go in and out of the state with ease, and thought "how cool!" Now I know how to do this again, since it was so easy. But I have not been able to do it again.

I am level II Reiki, and my reiki master told me it was an out of body experience.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It feels good to know I'm not the only one experiencing any of this. I experience SP the majority of times I sleep on my back. I can feel it coming on, and when it happens my dreams usually go dark/black and take a more sinister vibe. When I feel it I either wake up or I go through the episode. It used to freak me out, but I'm used to it now. I do know, for me, that it occurs more frequently when my circadian rhythm. And speaking of vibes, I experience the humming and vibrations almost every single time.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
My two cents:

I used to experience conscious sleep paralysis and vibrations a lot more than I do nowadays, so my opportunities to experiment with it scientifically are, unfortunately, rare.

I associate it with the OBE phenomenon because it's often preceeded my OBEs. Sometimes the vibrations are comforting and warm. Other times, the sensation is different and seems sinister and frightening.

I experienced the "sinister" form of the vibrations again two weeks ago. Interestingly, as it was happening, I had the distinct impression that it felt like "feedback." Feedback like you'd get if you sent an auxilliary channel to itself on an audio mixing console.

And my recognition of it being like feedback reminded me of something one of the OBE gurus mentions in one of their books. It's been years since I've read it (and at the time I'd never had experience using AUX sends on a mixing console), so I can only be vague here: the author (probably Robert Bruce, but possibly Robert Monroe) mentions an unpleasant feeling occurring when the "body double" is drifting out but lingering in close proximity to the physical body. To remedy the unpleasant feeling, he'd have to put some distance between the, well, the etheric body and the physical body. That's paraphrasing. But, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the author does indeed describe the sensation as "feedback."

I'm inclined to think it's Robert Bruce that mentions it, although Robert Monroe was the former audio engineer.

Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but the feedback sensation during paralysis gives me the creeps, and the last thing I want to do while experiencing it is have a projection; the feeling is just too negative or "evil."

F

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This happened to me for the first time last night. I woke up around 2:40am and couldn't go back to sleep so I stayed up for a few hours. It was around 5:30am when I got tired and decided to go to bed. Drifting to sleep thinking about how completely comfortable I was-- I was so relaxed and content I eventually when into sleep. But still aware I was laying there. All of a sudden I became aware of a buzzing noise -- I had heard this has to do with the pineal gland and that's immediately what I thought about. As I became aware of it I felt it start to vibrate. I noticed my conciousness was in a completely different location in my head and very concentrated and sensitive to simulation in the middle of my head......Strong pulses of waves of energy came up from my feet through my body to my head. I saw a white light flash infront of me and disappear...I think I shut it out. My awareness and body felt extremely light and easy to "move around", but it was not my physical body. It occured to me if I wanted to, I could move my hand and reach out of my physical hand, which scared the crap out of me so I didn't. I had never experienced this (although somehow it feels familiar) and I felt extremely vunerable-- I was not aware how to control my self in this state. I want to do this again and actually have an OOBE this time. If only I don't get so scared.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I realize this is an old thread. But I can totally relate to the buzzing, its load & scares me along with the sp. I am sure I am yelling at my husband for help ( he is asleep beside me). The buzzing usally starts just as im drifting of ending in a battle with sp. It seems to happen in waves for me, i wont have any for ages. Then bang I get heaps, sometimes even in the same night. . Scary stuff. Ive heard jibberish also, imagin like someone whispering in your ear whilst you cant move. For years I thought there was something wrong with me & have never talked about it. Nice to know im not alone

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That's pretty strange, I also started to hear a sound as well that seems to be related only when sleep paralysis sets in. I just don't hear a buzzing sound, it's more of a fog horn type of sound except deeper. Usually happens seconds before i start feeling myself lose control and waking up (I also sleep through it sometimes, also being unable to move in the dreams that i remember experiencing it) frozen.

Too bad I sleep face down usually, otherwise I might've seen a couple of interesting things.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ive had these experiences a lot and i cant say they were ever that pleasant but they were still leading me on to the path of discovery and to control the conciousness more also to listen to "them"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Radooma

Anyone looking to have an outer body experience is a fool. Once you leave your body, it makes it easier for "them" to get inside and take control. Once another consciousness creates a connection with your brain, it's not going to give it back. You will be forced to watch the rest of your life play out like a movie.

Many people don't realize how highly prized a controllable human body is to dark spiritual forces. Treat your body like the prize that is and stay inside until you are supposed to die.

I used to get sleep paralysis, but the more my spiritual knowledge and will power increased the less it happened.
edit on 9-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Bugger that, I dont want no Out of body stuff
I dont know anything about that, just what Ive experienced which I dont like .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have had experiences very simalar to yours. A few almost identical to what you have explained. I have also felt a strange presence during some of the incidents. Also have had it happen where it felt as if someone or something was on my back weighing me down or pushing me down.

I have read a lot about sleep parylisis and it sure is a strange thing. I have heard people say it's the beginning of an out of body experience but I just don't know. The first time it happened to me I thought I was dying, and it scared the crap out of me. I hope it happens again soon so that I can just relax and see what happens.

And to answer your question I have felt it come in waves just like you. Strange to say the least. Anyway I hope this helps. It also looks like they will be discussing this on ATS live tonight. I'll be listening that's for sure.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Buzzing is a blood thing; it has nothing to do with OOBE or anything paranormal. I have experienced this when I have been knocked unconscious before, once from a blow to the head, and another time when I was being put under for surgery. I am not sure if its blood pressure, or lack of blood to the brain (restriction of blood flow) causing low oxygen levels to your brain. Why this would be happening to you is a good thing to discuss with your doctor.

The buzzing is actually a fairly common auditory hallucination associated with sleep paralysis, more precisely a hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucination. The 'buzzing' isn't the only sound one might hear, it might be droning, ringing, zapping, pumping, but they always sound like a continues feedback loop. There's nothing paranormal about this really...

Of course if you start to hear these sounds in the middle of the day while fully awake, then it'd be a very good idea to call an ambulance right away, as these can be a sign of very serious health problem.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Kryom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
reply to post by Radooma

Anyone looking to have an outer body experience is a fool. Once you leave your body, it makes it easier for "them" to get inside and take control. Once another consciousness creates a connection with your brain, it's not going to give it back. You will be forced to watch the rest of your life play out like a movie.

Many people don't realize how highly prized a controllable human body is to dark spiritual forces. Treat your body like the prize that is and stay inside until you are supposed to die.

I used to get sleep paralysis, but the more my spiritual knowledge and will power increased the less it happened.
edit on 9-5-2012 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

Sigh... People should stop spreading such non-sense. No matter how un-natural a sleep paralysis might feel, it is still very much a natural thing and completely harmless.
Believe what you will, but posting stuff like this is just asking for trouble for people as gullible as yourself.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Kryom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Becareful what you wish for. I didn't ask for an out of body experience, but by the grace of God go i....this is what happened to me.

I had only once had an oobe experience, but it all happened so fast that i couldn't really remember it...i vaguely remember the net curtain brush my face as something prodded me in my belly button. That was 25 years ago plus.
Anyhow this was the most mindblowing thing i have ever witnessed with sleep paralysis.
Firstly i too get the buzzing in my head, the popping noise, white light...noise...whatever its called???
One night, after i had sat up most of the night anyway, fearful of going to bed. I eventualy caved in and retired to bed. By the way this was about 4 years ago.
Next thing I knowi get the buzzing and the sp set in. At this point i was quite angry and i had just managed to catch it before my eyelids were paralised too. So my eyes were closed and i could feel the pain in my eyesockets as i kept them firmly shut. Then I hear this loud click in my head and my head starts to roll backwards and forwards in a jerking motion. Bearring in mind i'm in the full paralysis now. My body was.
To cut it short the next thing i know i'm watching from the ceiling and yet i could still feel every little thing going on. For one thing it felt asthough my brains had been sucked out like porrige. I can't say what i saw it is too disturbing. All i know was i was made to watch! U2U me if you want the final details, but somehow i wouldn't advise it. I went into delayed shock for over two years because of this. Don't try and tell me aliens don't exist!
I may have put a watered down version of this on here before, but to be honest i'm not that au fai with ATS, even though i have been on this site on and off for a few years now. This was why, because i didn't know what was happeneing to me and i had never heard of sleep paralysis or at least any connection with paranormal stuff.
I thought i was going mad!!! Since then i have had a battery of neurological tests and guess what? I am normal, not mentally ill, deluded or an attention seeker. I was trying to write a book about it as a way of councelling myself, but i can't even manage that. It is so #ing scarey,I scare myself to the point that i'm shaking like a leaf! How Whitley Striber did it i really don't know, assuming what happened to him was really true.
I have also had to deal with internet TROLLS trying to discredit me. Oh and there is so much more that i cannot even begin to tell you as it is so sensative. I am not suicidal, but it puts a new twist on 'a cry for help', if you have ever had the sp i have!!! Thanks for reading is all I can say. x Good luck to the OP and for being brave enough to tell.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi

So glad I found this thread! I woke up about an hour ago after having experienced this. There was a really loud buzzing/tense feeling coming in waves and in the breaks I kept thinking I should get up but I felt so tired like I was so exhausted and heavy.

I kept imagining I was lifting my arms (I swear I could see them lifting even though my eyes were closed) and then I'd get pins and needles running through them right as another wave hit.

I've had this a few times before, usually when I sleep on my back or waking up from an afternoon nap.

Though it has happened at night a couple of times. Once I dreamt I was standing on my bed trying to turn on the light switch but my hand kept going through it and then there was this dark figure below me. Only I couldn't really see it I could just sense it was there and it was awful

I moved to the door to try and get to my flatmate who was sleeping in the room opposite but I couldn't touch it to open it and then I think the buzzing got louder and I just woke up.

I've researched this very lightly a couple of times (just cause I thought I was going a little mad) and I'm still not sure where I stand on the whole thing. I guess how do you know and OBE is real, and not just something like exceptionally good memory recall in a state of lucid dreaming?

Sometime I think I can see the room around me when I'm just about to fall alseep but couldn't that just be a subconscious imprint? (also, is anyone else able to pin-point just befoe they fall alseep. Like you're having a thought and then it's starts to go really random and you think, ok I'm about to fall alseep now
)

Sorry I tend to get a bit side-tacked! I have thought about trying to make myself go into these states (at the moment they just happen randomly) but I'm not sure I could bypass all the anxiety/rolling terror that seems to come hand in hand. Has anyone been able to ignore the dark presense thingy, and if you can then what does it feel like after that?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I woke up one night in total paralysis. All of a sudden I hear a loud click and then wide awake, but unable to move, I can hear an air raid siren. It was so loud I thought the whole street could hear it. All the time my eyes are wide open. This seemed to go on for ages, until I eventually blacked out.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I have heard a buzzing sound also during sleep paralysis. Almost like a bee, but a very low hum. But I also had other hallucinations along with it... Of course Like everyone else with sleep paralysis, I felt like someone sitting on my chest, then I saw a quick human looking shadow darting across my room and heard what sounded like an angry cat right before the paralysis went away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join