It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: American Soldiers Shooting Iraqi Civilians

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Heres another example of how quick it is even with all the firing.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i sense this video will be used in iraqi resistance propaganda to recruit more insurgents it wouldnt shock me if in the next couple of months these soldiers are found mysteriously dead. its not clear if there c.o. was with them but if he has any sense he would have shoved there asses in jail with probation in england mutany is one of the few crimes that still carries the death penalty along with high treason and settting fire to the royal dock yards.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Actually it would surprise me, how in the hell are insurgents going to capture and kill a squad of marines?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keebie
You dont know what the situation is. This could be a mission.

From my time in the service (Army) this is NEVER the mission. Especially bragging about the stupid F'er that drove up in the white car.

People, this is WHY the Islamic fundamentalists have become what they are now. We have NO rights to be in their country in the first place. How many hundreds of thousands of civilians have died like this since this war has started? To what end?

People will continue to believe the lies about the reasons for going to war with Iraq. They will probably continue to believe until the day they die which hopefully will be many many years from now. What will amaze me is that in those many many years that they continue to believe we will still have permanent bases and a presence in Iraq.

Yeah, short war my butt. How many billions upon billions have been made by companies that are affiliated with people within this administration.

Follow the money people and you will see why we are ALWAYS in some kind of military confrontation of late.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
When running for your life grabbing your AK first just doesnt seem a priority to me and you know that youre running to your friends who would most likely have other weapons for you.

Undeniably one of the BIGGEST crocks I've EVER read on this site. ESPECIALLY since you're from Texas.

Anyone who thinks that a person who has a chopper is going to run UNARMED from someone shooting at them is a...I won't use an adverb and an adjective here, but if you use your imagination, you know what I'm saying. You can see Kr0n0s is OBVIOUSLY grasping for straws here. According to him:

A guy with an automatic weapon leaves said automatic weapon and runs away unarmed because his potnas "MAY" have other weapons. If anyone believes this, holla at me, because I have some land full of oil down here in Texas I'm willing to sell you. You'll rake in a TON of cash!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
A guy with an automatic weapon leaves said automatic weapon and runs away unarmed because his potnas "MAY" have other weapons. If anyone believes this, holla at me, because I have some land full of oil down here in Texas I'm willing to sell you. You'll rake in a TON of cash!

Well thats not true. I've seen insurgents who abandoned their weapons than face against troops that are about to kill them. Whats the point of carrying the weapon when you are running away instead of using it to fight? You only have 1 life. Weapons can be bought or found in a country awash with weaponry. Saddam bought about a million tons of weaponry. Besides a weapon could be a heavy burden on you when you are running away.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
All I know is that a dozen automatic rifles setting off is a extreamly angry sound. Not one you could miss. A random 50 cal 500 meters down the road firing off a few warning shots I could undertand but a squad of men letting loose? I don't think people are mistaken when they drive toward that sound, it's on purpose.

The guys could have been a car bomb waiting to happen. The guy could have been running because he didn't want to be near the car when it blows up. He could have been running to get away from the RPG round on the floor of the car that could have gotten hit at any second from the marine fire.

They could have been helping out mortar teams coordinate from elsewhere in the city, got busted and tried to run. They could heve been involved in a fire fight with US forces elsewhere and then tried to flee and the marine unit we saw got the order to interdict them and get them becuase they were nearby.

The rules of engagement could have been that everybody was declared hostile. Weapon or not marines will follow their orders to shoot every living thing when given that command. They don't know why they've been given the order. The higher ups might know something they don't. They aren't going to risk it and let an insurgent walk around and endanger them in the middle of a fire fight.

We've set up road blocks for long enough over in iraq. We give them warnings with colored smoke before they reach the concertina wire and the glowing chemlights attached to them. Iraqies know what a US road block looks like by now and to stay away from it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Right and im sure if the roles were reversed and you crashed your car after having it shot up by soldiers, then knowing your best chance for survival is to get out of the car and run as fast as you can..
But ya you the tough guy, youll leap from the vehicle, an AK in one hand,an RPG in the other with bandoleers of bullets draped over your shoulders and ready to become a martyr.
Youve got your opinions on things and I have mine but I have a
little more class than you do and dont call your opinions out and talk trash.
So,dont get an attitude with me dude, do you have any official knowledge of that firefight? ie were YOU there? nope didnt think so, so my theory is as good as yours and anyone else that was NOT there.
Find some facts to prove how you say it happened and you may get some respect.
Why dont you watch to other video i posted where the "Doc" explains what happens, he should know since he shot the video, ahhh nvm youll just call him a liar.
Keep your personal attacks off the board child and you may actually learn something.

Originally posted by truthseeka

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
When running for your life grabbing your AK first just doesnt seem a priority to me and you know that youre running to your friends who would most likely have other weapons for you.

Undeniably one of the BIGGEST crocks I've EVER read on this site. ESPECIALLY since you're from Texas.

Anyone who thinks that a person who has a chopper is going to run UNARMED from someone shooting at them is a...I won't use an adverb and an adjective here, but if you use your imagination, you know what I'm saying. You can see Kr0n0s is OBVIOUSLY grasping for straws here. According to him:

[edit on 5-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'll say this one more time. I have a huge problem with the sheer joy these soldiers get out of taking Human life like its some sort of video game. Cheering and laughing, like these are clay pigeons. These are Human Beings, and this guys picked them off like target practice so I doubt the stress level was what caused the celebration although I considered that.

Also in regards to the interviews given with the people who where there. Do you really think that they would tell on themselves? How stupid can you be? Uhh yeah, uhhh we were wrong and should have allowed them to at least identify themselves like police have to, uhh yeah maybe that will keep us out of Leavenworth?

Please review the tape and listen to how scared these American soldiers were
(Sarcasm off) That was just plain sick! No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What makes you think this isn't an outpost for insurgents? What surprises me is that people find them guilty without exactly knowing the situation and if they had been given any orders.
Like I said, if that building has been identified as a hideout for enemy combatants, than they have every right to be firing ther rifles at it and anyone who goes in and out of that building.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
What makes you think this isn't an outpost for insurgents? What surprises me is that people find them guilty without exactly knowing the situation and if they had been given any orders.
Like I said, if that building has been identified as a hideout for enemy combatants, than they have every right to be firing ther rifles at it and anyone who goes in and out of that building.

Please actually read my post.

Read the part about taking joy in killing.
I believed you missed my point.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

I don't see how your personal disgust is relevant to the accuracy of that incident. I don't blame them if they enjoy killing off enemy combatants that are also responsible for killing American soldiers.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Originally posted by kleverone

I don't see how your personal disgust is relevant to the accuracy of that incident. I don't blame them if they enjoy killing off enemy combatants that are also responsible for killing American soldiers.

If you take joy in killing anything, regardless of its intentions, then IMHO you are a sick individual. The acuracy of the incident is also addressed in my last post regarding sitting ducks.

IT MAKES IT REAL EASY TO SEE HOW NEARLY 100 THOUSAND CIVILIANS HAVE BEEN KILLED! So before we take anymore civilians, maybe we should rethink our strategy on shooting first & asking questions later.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Understand this, that if you take disgust in killing; then you're not going to kill, but be killed.

That whole "The first person you kill sticks with you, it makes your heart bleed when you kill" premise is absolutely B.S. to me because if it were true then good men would do nothing and evil would strive.

If these men don't do what they do and be good at it, then who will do it? The French? The Germans? The Spanish? Who?

Yeah, it's easy to point the finger, blame people, and call people out on these things, but when it comes down to it; is it really all that bad that these men do what they do and for who they do it for?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Understand this, that if you take disgust in killing; then you're not going to kill, but be killed.

Please "quote" anywhere in my posts that I said you must take disgust in killing. I said it was disgusting the way the soldiers were taking joy in picking off those sitting ducks. You can take out an enemy without the hooting and hollering and laughing.

Shattered have you ever killed anyone? If so, did you find it appropiate to laugh when doing so? And does it make it easier to laugh at killing someone when they are trying to kill you? I would think that to be quite a stressful situation and would personally not behave as if I just got high score on Duck Hunt, but thats just me, maybe I lack the gene that finds inflicting death humorous.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
kleverone, it may appear to you as disgusting that they are taking joy in combat, but this is what they're trained to do and how to do it. Are they really that crazy for doing a job well done and not losing a single team member?

In the end of the day, what's more important is that not a single American life was lost.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
One of the reasons there are high civilian casualties is because the insurgents ambush marines in crowded urban areas. Initially the marines don't know exactly where all the enemy shooters are, some might have an idea but one also can't take chances. Who knows just how many insurgents there are ambushing you and from what buildings or alley ways. One has no choice but to shoot into every window, and pop grenades off into alley ways to cover themselves, lay down supressive fire to keep the enemy at bay long enough for our marines to get out of the kill box, and regroup in a defendable way.

People will be behind those windows civilian and hostile, people will be trying to seek refuge in those alleys civilian and hostile, in the middle of it it's hard to figure out whos who. lots of civilians die because of this.

Insurgents will hide in hamlets and apartments, schools ,municiple buildings. There are civilians around but there are also groups of armed insurgents ducking from one building to another and they have RPG and machine guns and are shooting at you seemingly randomly. One doesn't have time to see where they are, you need to return fire fast to get some degree of leverage over the situation, Mk 19s will be used to obliviate the entire hamlet or artillary will be used to mow down the city block that the insurgents are hiding in. Marines didn't have time to go house to house during he initial start of the war, nor were they willing to place their men in harms way clearing the hamlet room to room. Marines die that way, so they blow up the village. Harsh but effective if you are looking to protect your own men. Lots of civilians die when this happens. The insurgents know they will get smoked out in the open so they hide in the cities and fight using the atrition stratagy coupled with wining the media war painting us as brutes, when they have purposly chosen the cities as the battle ground to achieve this stratagy.

The laughing afterwards is a perfectly normal psychological reaction to surviving just having your life threatened or having just gone through some really stressful situation. All men in all the countries militaries do it. It's normal.

If you are scared for your life and then survive the body releases that stress by whooping and laughing, it's as normal a reaction as it is to shiver when you are cold. Everybody would probably rejoice after surviving a firefight, even if it was one sided.

They could have been estatic because the guys they shot at were a team of insurgents that were of particular nuisance harrasing US soldiers in the last few weeks in that area of the city and they finally got them.

I agree with that one marine though. That was a sweet head shot right into the guy driving the car. Shows the level of competancy marines have due to their training and commradarie.

If the marines found out later that they had just wasted a bunch of civilians than I figure that they like other marines I've known will probably work out their emotions in their own way later on at the next camp fire when they dig their ranger graves for the night. Some getting sullen and withdrawn others become very talkative about the incident trying to figure out their feeling, others will beat themselves up, and the good officers will have to remain stoic, hold all of their personal thoughts and feelings in and remain level headed to make good decisions or not get distracted into falling apart on themsleves and their men, all while trying to remaine a model of reasurance.

Marines do find time to help out the innocent they've wounded when they can. Luitenants have found that it's critical to the marine platoons phycological health. Most marines from the ones I've spoken to don't celebrate how many men they killed once they get back home, it's not all the killing that they have warm memories of but the things they did right, how many of their own men they brought home safe, and how many times they made the right decisions. Those are the things they are the most proud about.

One thing I know is that Marines don't sit around the camp and feel sorry for the insurgents, or enemy compatants they kill. For that they feel no remorse.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Say hello to your future law enforcement officers and postal workers.

It's sad to say, but these fellas should be put in an asylum upon being discharged, for their own good, for their family's good, and the good of society. A lot of these guys have been desensitized to the point where they are dangerous to themselves and other people.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Oh my freaking goodness. I can't believe this is still being argued over. Unless you were there or have been there you have no room to say what happend. They were fully within the Rules Of Engagement. You can gripe about how they took joy in killing the enemy, but thats how it is. How its always been. A Warrior takes pride in combat, victory, and glory. It is no different than scoring a touchdown or winning a game. Its been like this since the first war was fought. Average people aren't capable of taking pride in combat. They cannot understand it. It disturbs and upsets Average people. That upset feeling is reality.

Our reality is not all fluffy bunnies and rainbows. Every minute people around the world are being raped, murdered, tortured, kidnapped, abused, and violated. Our world is violent and horrifying. The Average person can barely comprehend this and even worse they cannot defend themselves against it. That is why there are Warriors. People who can stand up and stare Horror in the eye. People who take Pride in fighting back the Horror. People who take Pride in wiping Horror from the face of the Earth. It has been like this for millenia and its not going to change anytime soon.

I have been to both Iraq and Afghanistan. I have seen what reality is like. Its not pretty. It can be sickening to the Average person. War isn't supposed to be Pleasant. War isn't Stoic. Warriors arn't Robots. We are flesh and blood humans. We find glory in combat and annihilating the enemy.

Americans need to wake up. Horror has touched us but we have been either lucky or blessed to not have to deal with it on a large scale since the Civil War in our own country. The rest of the world from the Nazi invasion of Russia, Japanese invasion of China, The Arab-Israeli wars, The Korean War, The Indochinese Wars, The India-Pakistan Wars, The Balkan Wars, and to the various conflicts of Latin America and Africa have had to deal with it. It is terrible but it is reality. You can sit back at your computer shop online, watch American Idol, and pretend you are safe. The Truth is that unless we have people who are Warriors, all of that Horror will cross our borders, break down your door and drag you out of your house into oblivion.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Fact of the matter is that they are obviously inexperienced or gung-ho. They are experiencing the normal come down after a firefight. When you're not used to it, an overwhelming sense of euphoria hits you, you think "Thank fcuk, I'm alive", so you have a laugh about it. It's an extreme form of nervous laughter.

After a few such episodes, the pressure becomes less noticable. It's still there, but you don't react the way you used to.

Unfortunately the stress caused by the incident doesn't always go away. You don't notice it at the time, but it has a nasty habit of creeping up on you and biting you in the backside when you're least expecting it (trust me, I know). These boys may have been laughing, and still might be. But chances are they won't be laughing in a few years when they're chucking Prozak down their necks.

A little something to think about - More soldiers who took part in the Falklands conflict have committed suicide since it ended than died during the conflict.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join