It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: American Soldiers Shooting Iraqi Civilians

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Anyone who knows anything about this knows they wasnt civilians its well documented and weapons where found in the cars..

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Isn't it rich so called American patriots calling the rest of us savages, well the only savages here were the star's n stripes.

Doc Velocity your a hypocrite first you slag people off for calling Americans Nazis then scream that you want all those in the ME other than Israel wiping out so yes that does make you a Nazi because thats what they did did they not. So there you go your just another Nazi one of many American Nazis who wish to rule the earth. Those who think they are superior to all others, well guess what no your not.

Well dont worry you and your kind will go the way of the Nazis, Once the US fails in the ME we will have a nice round of war trials for all you Nazis.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Although the staff here at ATS does not officially judge or censor out any particular viewpoint, providing it is expressed in a civil manner, a certain level of decorum is expected even when voicing controversial viewpoints.

Courtesy is Mandatory

Terms and Conditions

1a) Offensive Content: You will not post links to images or use avatars and signatures that are offensive, abusive, distruptive and/or hateful.

Members are welcome to believe what they like about issues such as those discussed in this thread, and to voice those views, but labeling certain groups as "savages" or "soulless animals" based on their origin is unacceptable.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have to agree with Doc and the others, this thread went to hell the second it was posted by based on people's opinions and the fantasies they perceive to be reality.

What is even more disgusting is that the OP would go and cry wolf when he's backed into a corner.

Doc you are absolutely right, we need to protect Israel and just slam any nation that says otherwise into a giant glass parking lot.

People like to sugar coat life, fact of the matter is we are here to fight.

I'm done here.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Shattered, What is most discusting here are those who will not accept responsibility for their countries actions.

Irrespective of what was going on inside Iraq before Iraq 1 the US Goverment and others including the British were quite happy to assist and supply Saddam through his reign of terror as he provided a bulwark against the Iranians.

The US Goverment has now opened the pandora's box that is the ME, the US has got itself embroiled in a series of war's with no end plan in sight. There is a new war looming with the Iranians, and I can assure you whilst the US impales itself on the barbs of the ME it will eventually bleed the country dry.

The US has stuck its head inside a hornets nest and believe you me its going to get well and truly stung.
But never mind the fact that respected military strategists said that it would end up being another Vietnam, America and its people still have so much to learn.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Please read your u2u's before you comment any further.

[edit on 3/26/07 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Doc is dead on.

There is no evidence that these are civilians that are being shot at. how does anyone here know that that video isnt a fire fight with the marines laying down suppressive fire on insurgents?. The only way to win the war on terror is to be on the offensive. Sitting back and waiting for the next attack on american soil to do something isnt going to cut it.

As for comparing modern america to Nazi Germany. Im not even going to touch that. Its a baseless claim that holds no water, that also is a fanatical view of the strongly biased ill informed anti americans.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Indeed this thread is becoming a bit much now. Personally it looks like it can be argued either - they were insurgents, or they were civilians - all day. The media can portray it w/e way they want - FOX will say they were undoubtably terrorists, CNN will say they were probably civilians.

This is war. Things happen, and again, with all the stress the troops have probably been going through and already being in a fight with a sniper, I think trying to be more careful in picking who you shoot isn't exactly the first thing that runs through your head when two cars speed into the scene. Perhaps we will never truly know what happened here.

Gotta run. Take it easy guys.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
magic, calling this another Vietnam means only one thing, the people are weak and do not know what they want. They send their troops into combat and then 2 years later not only say the war is wrong, but also begin to destroy and put down the very reasons they said the war is wrong. The casualties.

The only mistake that was made in this war was publicizing it. Never ever should a country make known through media what is going on in War. Do you think that WWII would have continued the way it did in the views of the American people had they known exactly what was going on and through the eyes of yellow journalists?

No, of course not.

Really depends how deep your willing to look to make your point.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
*SNIP*

I would welcome debate on the issues, but this thread is tainted with too much hate for me to post here again. Nothing is left to address, no one will be changing their mind, and the mothers in open arms will not be throwing flowers with the children.

Malichai out......

Mod Edit: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This thread is still being actively argued lol? whats the point of continuing on with this? Nobody's mind is going to be changed one way or another. The fact is, if there were any signs of wrong doing by these Marines then there wouldve been an investigation launched into it, just like their was in that one place "Hadifa" i think?? along with a few others.
W/e, im done in this thread. happy flaming everyone

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That the topic » Video: American Soldiers Shooting Iraqi Civilians » be the sole focus of discussion in this thread.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
There's nothing left to discuss.

There is no evidence of wrong doing in this video, or at least not enough to substantiate the claims made.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ok, I finally did some research and found the original video posting with the guy who video taped actually commenting.

Score one for the guys who actually try to look for truth instead of trying to judge someone guilty.

www.liveleak.com...

You can flip through the commment pages. He makes many comments....his post name is Tyer82 (notice the name matches the video name) and he makes many many comments in reference to the video. He doesn't seem like the greatest guy in the world but it reveals the truth.

A couple of the comments he makes:
DO NOT MISTAKE THESE COMMENTS FOR MY COMMENTS. These are the commetns made by the person who created this video on liveleak. He is commmenting to other people on liveleak.

hey "crush neocon skulls" umm if you read, those were not civilians, they were more **** trying to get to the fight, we idintified them, shot them and the driver wrecked. THat main road was route michigan, its like the I-5 of Iraq, packed with cars, most said "hey big fight up there, lets not die" so they stopped at a check point and went the other way. THe few cars that pushed past a stop to enter a fire fight were trying to help the insurgents. So they deserved to die.. every last one of them. Plus please get rid of your **** "chi or che" pic. That guy is a total **** stick insurgent...

Well thank you for your support. I didnt take any war trophy's. We used to take money from the IED guys and hand it out the families who let us go in there house and "house" us while we were on patrol. But the comments from the people who "hate america" dont bother me. I posted this cause it would draw an eye and comments. I did two tours over there and got out. Might go back later as a contractor. But overall we do good work there. There are some **** who **** it up for us by truly killin good people or throwin # at kids. But we got handed lemons and you know how that goes. I probably have 5-7 hours and 1000 pics from my time there.

If you look at who posted the video and my name they are the same. It was Aug 22 2005. I was there, I was the Corpsman who video taped it. Also when we went to the parket after the fight there were 3 males I shot 2 alive and I refused to treat them. I also Shot the male in the white durka durka in the street. The whole video is about 25-35 minutes long, it shows all the "clean up" part and our brass checking to ensure we didnt do anything illegal. So I tried to place the good parts in. And the yelling is cause we are having a good time. Killing "bad guys" is ******* awsome, what a reward to look through your ACOG and see your rounds impact flesh. **** yeah!

I shot the video! The white car had 4-5 males with 3 AK's and 1 RPG left on the floor board. The other cars were trying to make their way up the street to the house at the end so they could become a get away car. We had proir knowledge of their arrival from a relay from the "eye in the sky". Notice how no chicks, kids or spectators are there! So get ****ed you hajji lover.

ok well next time im being shot at, ill stop and yell "action" so we can take it from the top. Also i started filming after we took initail contact. cant plan for everything! ALso the at4 did go off... it scrambled the vid. you can see the projectile leaving the tube. Also we werent aiming for the **** in front of us, we are aiming down the street "flanndawg" to were the majority of fire is coming form.. its hard to see but down the road is a house and its all dusty amd smoking cause earlier we hit it with a schraw or however you spell that. But thanks for expert video commenting skills. It almost appears as if you have no ****in idea about combat. Thanks again

Case closed........sigh

[edit on 26-3-2007 by Bugman82]

[edit on 3-26-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Dude, that was uncalled for, I advise you edit your post. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, SO included. However you cant go around ATS talking about members that way...

[edit on 26-3-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Any gripes regarding the Moderation of this thread should be submitted via the complaint function.

There wouldn't be any need for moderation if posters remember to be civil, courteous and limit their discussion to the topic on hand.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sorry West, I'm new to posting here.......those are not my commments.........they are the commments made by the guy who made the video to people giving him flak in that liveleak forum

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Don't worry man, don't edit you post at all, you did great research into finding out what really happened. My comments were directed at a post that came after yours in which the member in question made very inappropriate comments. That post has since been removed entirely by the staff and it look like I'm talking about you but I wasn't

[edit on 26-3-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Very nice research work bugman, I'm glad to see that we got to the bottom of this.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Good find Bugman. Let's see the other side dispute that. I wonder if the whole video is available to show the clean up so we can be definitve on the topic of debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join