It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Infiltrated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Based on what we know about the government and possible conspiracies I think it may be reasonable to suggest that the government is in fact keeping tabs on ATS. The question is to what extent...

Do you think there could be government agents producing threads and creating posts on ATS to add to the disinformation and create more confusion? Are they simply observing what goes on in this forum?

Scary stuff, I dont know who to trust... Perhaps I'm a government agent and I created this post to cause dissention among ATS members and ultimately bring down the website. Obviously this is all speculation but it is defenitely weird to think about..

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
There are a lot of people on here who sound like Scientists, Aeronautical Engineers, Engineers, etc....

Or maybe they just sit at home all day reading wikipedia and stuff

kix

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I am sure there are some disinfo agents here, some cling to the most outragous stories to check for wackos and such, and other are expert "debunkers" of all that makes governments look bad...either could be on the payroll...the more desperate to prove, the more probable...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
CENTCOM team engages bloggers!

Here we have the Military openly propagandizing the public. I ask you, is this America? Stop living in denial. Please. I'm begging you, America!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Based on what we know about the government and possible conspiracies I think it may be reasonable to suggest that the government is in fact keeping tabs on ATS. The question is to what extent...

this comes up all the time do a search, you might get a laugh. so tell me was ATS infiltrated be for or after you joined.

[edit on 13/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You have to be very naive and think that this forum is not monitored and analyzed. I am a computer consultant, and I would be very surprised if they do not have the actual names and addresses of all of us who post here. Your computer sends unique information every time you hit ATS server. There are many ways to get this information, and none of them are too hard.

I am 100% sure that CIA or whoever is monitoring us, knows everything about us. I have no illusions at all that there is any privacy here, or anywhere else on the internet.

At what point do they get specifically interested in one person, that I do not know. But I am sure, when times change, they will be able to use our records and do whatever they want. Laws may change, what is not crime now may be a crime tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The magnitude of the governments involvement in online communities could be out of control for all we know. There could be entire production teams creating fake videos that seem real and posting them on youtube knowing that people on ATS would be drawn to it. There could be warehouses full of computers and government agents creating and destroying websites, posts, threads, blogs etc..

What is even more concerning is the possibility that the government or others could even be hacking into various websites and changing content to suit a larger agenda. I thinks its wise to assume that the CIA and various other military agencies and corporations regularly hire and use computer hackers.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

this comes up all the time do a search, you might get a laugh. so tell me was ATS infiltrated be for or after you joined.

I thought about looking for other posts like this but I couldnt think of any search terms/criteria...

If anyone knows of similar threads please enlighten me.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm sure, if government agents have infiltrated this site, they have read topics posted by our on the ball members that they never knew themselves!

They probably plan their next moves based on what they read here!

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Flighty]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why The Criticism of ATS All Of A Sudden? I guess this is the latest one posted to.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
At what point do they get specifically interested in one person, that I do not know. But I am sure, when times change, they will be able to use our records and do whatever they want. Laws may change, what is not crime now may be a crime tomorrow.

There are probably people here looking around but I don't think it's really taken seriously now if somebody had clear shots of aircraft or whatever then I think they would get involved but other than that I don't think they take the board too seriously.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Perhaps I'm a government agent and I created this post to cause dissention among ATS members and ultimately bring down the website.

Perhaps, but it's a pretty futile effort if you are. There were many here before you, and there will be many yet to come. These types of accusations/threads pop-up around here quite often (1-2 a month).

I thought about looking for other posts like this but I couldnt think of any search terms/criteria...

If anyone knows of similar threads please enlighten me.

A good term/keyword to search is "cointelpro". You might find this thread interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Now if only we all had £5 (or equivalent) for every time we've seen this sort of thread

Anyway, it is certainly possible that it is infiltrated.

There are a lot of people on here who sound like Scientists, Aeronautical Engineers, Engineers, etc....

Or maybe they just sit at home all day reading wikipedia and stuff

Well, I'm studying Aerospace engineering, does that count?

and maybe from some of the things I post I sound like some sort of Geophysicist or something, but I'm not, I just use either wikipedia or any useful source I find a link to. (Although sometimes I think of studying it at a later date)

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I would expect ATS to be monitored by the governenment, however I doubt disinfo would be posted. I would think that if necessary, the Government might shut a poster down by hacking them as getting information using the internet is really easy.

Hell, it REALLY cracks me up, because in some Chemtrail threads people acuse me of being a government agent simply because I proved them wrong.
I am now on the ignore list of many of those people.
. Really shows that they want to DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Of course it's monitored by someone. Just two people it's enough to browse the net all day and check the biggest forums. And get the ip adress of who they want.
Who is watching who ?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It is fairly simple... they don't need to 'infiltrate' us... If ATS really became a threat, one day the website would simply disappear, the founders disappear, and since most of us on here have no real contact with each other out of these forums, we would be scattered and disorganized enough for them to get away with it.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I can't remember for sure, but I seem to remember a poster (last year I think ) saying that he or someone he knows is actually paid to monitor web sites such as ATS.

They were then paid money to debunk certain stories of interest. I can't remember the full details of it and I'm too lazy to search for it.

End result, I think it was decided the guy was bogus, but it did lead to some speculation.

Personal opinion, most definitely many if not all sites are monitored to some extent.

With global secrets available at the 'click' of mouse, gov's would be stupid not too.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If I had a nickel for every time I read one of these threads, I could probably afford to take half the day off today. Has ATS been infiltrated? The question posed is, do government agents sign up and post? Who knows, who cares. If there is a government agent posting on the boards, just as you and I, that is hardly any indication of infiltration. Now if a government agent was to sign up and climb the ranks to Super Moderator or Administrator, than we could begin to look at infiltration.

If you search for at least seventeen seconds, you will quickly see a trend. Any member who proclaims that ATS has been infiltrated, has only been registered for a very short period of time. Why is that? Why is it that longstanding members of this community, never point the fingers and say that they have been infiltrated. If you search for another ten seconds, you will see that the biggest critics of this site, and the amigos, at least agree that they are regular joes and have nothing to do with the government. People that have nothing good to say about this place, all continue to say that it has not been infiltrated.

Web traffic, indicated by SO, has shown us that government officials visit this site on a regular basis. A lot of them actually. But that is no indication of infiltration.

This is a discussion board for alternative subjects. Over time you'll see how great this place is and how special the members, content, and our approach is. You will be hard pressed to find a better community than right here with Above Top Secret.

No infiltration. Just a combination of intellect, passion, and a genuine need to know more. ...And a little bit of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
On several threads I have been acused of working for the "man" (I'm not), and what I believe is that some people, especially in the ufo community that make clearly OUTLANDISH claims cannot take the fact that they might be wrong, so everyone that doesn't agree with them or tries to debunk them is automatically working for the government as a disinfo agent.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i must agree that i belive that we are being watched on this site, it just makes logical sence (im going to praise every one now), we are a bunch of open minded genius's, when others look away we go futher, we dont stop until we find what we want, we let every one talk and we mock no one. We have such a wide range of people on here, we basicly have an expert on most things. The fact is CIA or who ever should be worryed about us, the fact is sooner or later theres is going to be a group of people on here who will find some thing and tell every one, then as they would say ...the cat is out of the bag

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join