It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Infiltrated?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its not hard to "infiltrate" an open forum. I wont pretend to be an expert (because I'm not), but Israel and Russia have both set up online task forces to further their agendas on the internet. This usually involves hacking in Russia's case, but I believe Israel has people who will go on forums and argue viewpoints in support of their country.

In fact, they need not even be knowingly working for intelligence agencies or the like. There are many trolling groups and "attack bloggers" out there who are perfectly willing to push their ideological point, sometimes to the point of looking stupid. Only takes on person to link to a page showing something they don't like and...well, you can see where this goes. Drop this link off at the Freepers and 20 new anti-9/11 conspiracy theory members are signed up.

I personally wouldn't sweat it too much, however. If they are here to stir things up, then rational discussion and evidence will hopefully lead to the right answers. And if they're here to watch instead of play..well, hi there. I'm writing on a public forum anyway, I have no expectation of privacy for my views expressed here.

Maybe I'm too relaxed about it, but thats how I see things.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's the government we're talk'n about. Any and everything we know, true or not, is allowed for us to know by "them." We don't know anything that we aren't supposed to. They aren't going to let anything detrimental leak out to the public. I appreciate all the conspiracy theories and stuff posted on ATS, but if "they" thought we had knowledge of things that they really are doing in secret, they would put a stop to it ASAP. On the other hand, if they don't know that we know, IT IS THE GOVERNMENT, they will find out. Just like we say we know stuff that we aren't supposed to, and we have people from the inside tell'n us stuff we aren't supposed to know, whose to say they don't have the same???

just a thought and own personal opinion, please don't go bite'n my head off

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
Based on what we know about the government and possible conspiracies I think it may be reasonable to suggest that the government is in fact keeping tabs on ATS. The question is to what extent...

Right, but who do you mean by 'the government'? Is it the US Government, the Canadian government, the Australian government? Is 'the government' all of them rolled into one? Or do you mean to say 'the' 'alien' 'government' 'of the future' (and that's the government that definitely couldn't be from this 'future'!)?
I'll assume that you mean the last one I mentioned. In that case the answer to your question "to what extent" is to a great extent, since these folks are fanatics that have to know 'everything'.

Do you think there could be government agents producing threads and creating posts on ATS to add to the disinformation and create more confusion? Are they simply observing what goes on in this forum?

Scary stuff, I dont know who to trust... Perhaps I'm a government agent and I created this post to cause dissention among ATS members and ultimately bring down the website. Obviously this is all speculation but it is defenitely weird to think about..

I would say that they add posts (way too many skeptics around here...). Considering that this is one of the few threads on this topic that haven't been closed yet, I would say that they also work behind the scenes to keep us from finding out anything. Actually, most topics that I see about important stuff get closed. If it is really important, it gets tossed in the trash bin!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well there is the Israeli Megaphone software, so I don't see why other Country's or corporations do not employ similar programs.

ATS Israel Backed By Army Of Cyber-Soldiers

Israel backed by army of cyber-soldiers

From Yonit Farago in Jerusalem
Snip~~
Israel’s Government has thrown its weight behind efforts by supporters to counter what it believes to be negative bias and a tide of pro-Arab propaganda. The Foreign Ministry has ordered trainee diplomats to track websites and chat rooms so that networks of US and European groups with hundreds of thousands of Jewish activists can place supportive messages.

In the past week nearly 5,000 members of the World Union of Jewish Students (WUJS) have downloaded special “megaphone” software that alerts them to anti-Israeli chat rooms or internet polls to enable them to post contrary viewpoints. A student team in Jerusalem combs the web in a host of different languages to flag the sites so that those who have signed up can influence an opinion survey or the course of a debate.

more
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
In answer to the original OP. I would have to pose the question of WHY would this site be infiltrated ?

In all honesty do you believe the Governments of the world have assigned personell to monitor this site and the opinions being raised here ?

What is it that the "Powers that be" are so afraid of that may be discussed here, that hasn't already been reported, hashed over, and analysed to death in main stream journalism?

Disinformation? The members here already do an excellent job of that, and they're not on the government payroll.

I'll give you this though. If the countries of the West go to war, they will be very interested to see who the 5th columnist are. The camps have not been built for nothing.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why does everybody think that if ATS was threat that it would simply be "shut down"??

This is utter nonsense, ad quite frankly ignorant. You cant just shut down a website that boasts thousands of members and expect no outcry... Any government entities that may be monitoring the web would be far more likely to generate false posts and create disinformation than simply "shutting it down". They have more to gain by posting illegitimate ufo videos than shutting down a massive website with thousands of people who would surely do something if ATS was taken down.

there have been recent reports that major US databases thought to be secure were compromised by hackers traced back to china. I think that this is not only going on ats, but all over the web.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
In answer to the original OP. I would have to pose the question of WHY would this site be infiltrated ?

In all honesty do you believe the Governments of the world have assigned personell to monitor this site and the opinions being raised here ?

What is it that the "Powers that be" are so afraid of that may be discussed here, that hasn't already been reported, hashed over, and analysed to death in main stream journalism?

Disinformation? The members here already do an excellent job of that, and they're not on the government payroll.

I'll give you this though. If the countries of the West go to war, they will be very interested to see who the 5th columnist are. The camps have not been built for nothing.

As to why this site would be infiltrated, I've already answered that. In all honestly I actually do BELIEVE that governments of the world have actually assigned personell to do just that. Im not saying they divert billions of dollars to a project like this, but it is perfectly within reason to assume that governments keep tabs on a lot of the web. There is a lot of stuff that is talked about on ATS that in fact has not been "hashed over, analyzed to death" in mainstream media. Most of the stuff that is talked about ATS is never talked about in the mainstream media, so I dont really understand that type of question. Yes it is true that members of ATS who have no assocation to the government are without a doubt helping to add to the disinformation. Does this mean that gov wouldn't do the same? For all we know they could be making certain threads in order to sway the thinking of the majority of members who read the thread, or to draw attention to something that may seem significant in order to distract people from what is really going on.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Vipassana:

I have monitored this site for many years, and in all that time the only original unpublished concepts have come from Mr John Lear. Love him or hate him he's the only one who comes close to ruffelling the feathers of the establishment.

Unfortunately I say again.......

Originally posted by Seeker PI
I'll give you this though. If the countries of the West go to war, they will be very interested to see who the 5th columnists are. The camps have not been built for nothing.

That premise is very real, and has nothing to do with UFO's, Global Warming, or my God is better than yours.

A pragmatic approach for sure, but the only realistic reason why Government agents would be watching.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been previously mentioned or not, it's not so much technological capacity-any half-assed gov't certainly has that, it's whether or not they care and how much they do.

Look, I'm sure a lot of you have probably heard about ECHELON, a massive Anglo-American monitoring network that reportedly intercepts 90% of all signal traffic. Even if this is true, there's no way in hell anyone can ever analyze even 1% of that, even with the help of machines.

Furthermore, I agree with those who say that we are really kidding ourselves if we think what we're talking about has any bearing on national security. Because the vast majority doesn't.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I don't know if this has been previously mentioned or not, it's not so much technological capacity-any half-assed gov't certainly has that, it's whether or not they care and how much they do.

Look, I'm sure a lot of you have probably heard about ECHELON, a massive Anglo-American monitoring network that reportedly intercepts 90% of all signal traffic. Even if this is true, there's no way in hell anyone can ever analyze even 1% of that, even with the help of machines.

Furthermore, I agree with those who say that we are really kidding ourselves if we think what we're talking about has any bearing on national security. Because the vast majority doesn't.

Indeed there is no way anyone can monitor EVERYTHING that is ever communicated or said, especially on the internet. However, it is quite possible that governments would do at least something to sway mass opinion using the great media tool known as the World Wide Web.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Vipassana, that they do is proven fact. Ever heard of Guerrilla Network News?

www.indymedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Vipassana, that they do is proven fact. Ever heard of Guerrilla Network News?

www.indymedia.org...

I had not heard of that before, and its quite interesting. Think of all the operations we never even hear of..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I Work for the government. Probably heard that before on here but I really do im a tank commander. But im not a disinfo tool I just tell what I have seen and all that I know unless told other wise.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the reasons i see for the "no not here" argument are getting tiring

the only new member who have been here a month or less brng this up response is clearly wrong, i've been here over a year and a half and i can tell you anyone that thinks outside the box has there suspicions, but also knows
that there IS NADA they can do about it, so why even bring it up again

the critical thinking individual should know that popular thought among a group is very powerful. and popular thought among a group concerning gov't lies and secrets that could cause greater amounts of people to become upset at there gov'ts ARE TAKEN SERIOUSLY by gov'ts

don't give me this is a FRINGE group and they are more intrested in watching google or yahoo, (the elite) OWN most MEDIA outlets yahoo and google stories have to get buy editors and the editors are not willing to run stories outside of a certain understanding of what you can and can't talk about. and no editor wants to lose his sweet paying job to play hero. so those excuses serve more as a smoking gun

it is the fringe group with over 100,000 members that the gov't sees strength in numbers and if stooges have infiltrated the gov't without some members knowing then guess what....

u want to get to bottom of something important on ATS

research child kidnapping rings and the pedephile "leaders" in positions of power in the united states and abroad and how these people are black mailed into continuing to carry out sick acts and worship the occult

then when your done look at the chemtrails and it's connections with haarp and remember this

IF anyone of this was really happening and orchestrated by the gov't how much disinformation and misinformation would they have already out to confuse the reasearchers and lead them off in different directions, how many websites would the gov't own to misleaed "truth seekers" and also IF there is any truth to the conspiracy's in the world (WHICH THERE IS! and everyone knows this in there hearts!) what would be a good place to monitor what these "dissident free thinkers thoughts were"

and IF conspiracy's were happening and if the elite gov't fractions were able to keep them a secret don't you think they would be a step or two ahead of the game? and IF they were; (think like them for a moment) what would u do to monitor those citizens that were a threat to organize people by the masses? would this be important? and what kind of responses would suggest this is happening, and what responses are merely skeptics, and not stooges. WHY doesn't ATs uncover anything

when a thread gets rolling and people take it seriously there is always someone to heard the group back in a more socially popular direction, or distract them

but you know what even with what goes on here i stay, you know why?

because i like conversation, and despie a lack of a sustained organized movement on bigger issues (like chemtrails and there immune surpressing effects and conditioning intentions not to mention HAARP and the weather modification and (air force "owning the weather by 2025") and the over lap between the uses of both and the possilbe thought manipulation possibilites since we are carriers of these heavy metals which can serve as allowing us better conductivity of these waves since were bathed in them, as well as surpressing our immune system and possibly preparing our lungs to be conditioned to develop any air born biological weapons they decide to unleash on us and then blame the terrorists and keep the effected in concentration camps in the united states)) i like the fact that many people here are open minded and even though many thousands know there is nothing they can do about it if the govt's monitor this site they individually wake up, and the powers that be have always underestimated the power of the individual!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
i think they have government members on ats becase the two people who added me from this site were just curious pretty much about what i know.and what i wish to look into further.telling me what i want to hear, and everything that goes with it.maybe i should check out who they are haha

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The gov/PTB watch all, have no doubt. Internet is a military system first, and to not include a backdoor would be to forfeit the greatest spy/intelligence tool (and possibly social conditioner) of all time.

Oh but the FBI couldn't browse the internet without a warrant before 9/11! Bollocks. Or irrelevant. The people that need to know, know. Every keystroke.

As for agents actively working here and elsewhere, of course. I suspect their presence, a shiver in the force." But mostly those being played into carrying out objectives - dupes if you will. No names. Could be me!

Paranoia's your friend so long as you don't give it too long a leash. Just keep on yer toes and maybe try to do more offline. It's a lot slower but less spooky and ultimately closer to reality...

And also, of course, don't worry about it. You're in an open forum, so guess what, al is seen. You can't prove who's who nor their true intentions, so jut use your own brain and live and let live.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I thought about looking for other posts like this but I couldnt think of any search terms/criteria...

Theres at least 1 or 2 a month i would think judging on the short time ive been here.
Whatever, its not going to stop me writing what i think, as long as it doesnt contravene the T&C of course.
And i havent been raided by guys in black, helicopters etc btw. Have you yet.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Any board that does not tolerate insults and personal attacks is not infiltrated.

In contrast to some boards where it appears some are encouraged to insult and personal attacks in place of debate.

ATS provides a good example of trying to offer a place where everyone is free to discuss ideas, with an encouragement towards proper formulation of argument and freedom of expression.

Good to examine the psychological characteristics that are conducive towards fascism. It's a systemic and recurring problem in human social structures.

The default mode, democracy requires extra effort.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It is infiltrated! Why would it not be? If you were sitting for 10-12 hours a day in some cubicle having to monitor the web, wouldn't you visit this site? And once is never enough. There is alot of info that passes through here daily, and there are people on this site that have been being monitored long before coming here. So the fact that this thread is brought up by newby's repeatedly should tell some of you old farts to always stay alert and never underestimate a fellow member due to his or her time on the board. How many times in this thread alone have you guys chimmed in on the fact that this thread comes up constantly? Shame on you because if it truley irritated you , you would not read the newby posts about infiltration. Or are you just trying to prove to the newbys how Old and Decrepid you are? If you are that bothered by it all start a thread to laugh at and gawk and oneupmanship the newbys that have the nerve to post THE OBVIOUS.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Or just go to the "chat" that say's you are exclusive members of the ATSELITE, where us newbys are not allowed. BTW I have been visiting this site since the begining, not all the time and some times just once a year, but due to the new blood here it is really becoming the kind of place that welcomes diversity and change for the better.I am not saying anything negative just an oppinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join