It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
God is a higher then quantum being that is above time. In this realm of existence everything that is was and will be is now. It is impossible for the human mind to understand, but you get it if you think hard enough

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Gorman91]

[edit on 17-7-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

there isn't anything hidden in the bible for us to learn,

Read Numbers chapter 2 for something hidden!

Have you found the hidden thing yet?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
It is impossible for the human mind to understand, but you get it if you think hard enough

You're contradicting yourself

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
There is no answer to this question.

believe me, I've thought about it.

The world is impossible.

It's a paradox.

Nothing could ever really exist.

That's why I don't believe one word of any hippy writer giving me the answers.

Liars.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
ATS - You guys really make me laugh......

If someone had said Who created Aliens,you would be barking mad
Aliens show us 'Proof' something we can verify,we want to see it eating dinner with you,how do you even know they exist.

Yet you all sit down in your infinite wisdom and try to determine where/who created GOD in your own opinion

Is it only me who can see the world has no proof for GOD and his existence anymore than we do for Aliens and theirs or Bigfoot for that matter

Yet millions billions even accept/believe there is a GOD are they not as mad as the Alien 'crew' for believing things with no proof ?

I know by that logic there are billions of people running around believing stuff with no proof .

Yep that sounds a lot like the human populace !

Why can't the world just accept we don't know and work together to discover the truth and agroup together to down the walls that hide the truth from us.

Another question if GOD made man then can I safely say to my children we didn't come down from the trees ?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
God has always been around.
Imagine the laws of gravity, math, science and etc.
They have always been around it was not an invention of
man.
Just like those have been around that is how God has been around.
Before "The Big Bang" Theory there was always gravity
and science.
And that is how God is.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skunky

You're contradicting yourself

True, but I like to exaggerate. Sure you can get it if you think hard, but it's hard too most, so it could also be impossible at the same time.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Global consciousness
ATS - You guys really make me laugh......

If someone had said Who created Aliens,you would be barking mad
Aliens show us 'Proof' something we can verify,we want to see it eating dinner with you,how do you even know they exist.

Yet you all sit down in your infinite wisdom and try to determine where/who created GOD in your own opinion

Is it only me who can see the world has no proof for GOD and his existence anymore than we do for Aliens and theirs or Bigfoot for that matter

Yet millions billions even accept/believe there is a GOD are they not as mad as the Alien 'crew' for believing things with no proof ?

I know by that logic there are billions of people running around believing stuff with no proof .

Yep that sounds a lot like the human populace !

Why can't the world just accept we don't know and work together to discover the truth and agroup together to down the walls that hide the truth from us.

Another question if GOD made man then can I safely say to my children we didn't come down from the trees ?

What about the quantum state, where things can be in multiple places at once and do things at the same time. Time doesn't exist here, so why can't God exist.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i notice everyone is only talking bout the "almighty." what about the other religions? 100's of different god's and goddesses still exist into days world,form large religions such as islam to "pagan" beliefs of tribal people's.many of these predate christianity.are they still classed as false? what about the god's that were "killed off" by christianity,were they false too?

christianity is probably the youngest religion in the world,yet it is one of the most arrogant.it is also made up from other religions.don't believe me? a lil studying will help you understand what i mean.

if everything was created by a god,it wasn't the "almighty" that did it!!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
i notice everyone is only talking bout the "almighty." what about the other religions? 100's of different god's and goddesses still exist into days world,form large religions such as islam to "pagan" beliefs of tribal people's.many of these predate christianity.are they still classed as false? what about the god's that were "killed off" by christianity,were they false too?

christianity is probably the youngest religion in the world,yet it is one of the most arrogant.it is also made up from other religions.don't believe me? a lil studying will help you understand what i mean.

if everything was created by a god,it wasn't the "almighty" that did it!!

Christianity, in its infancy (before the romans corrupted it) was the single religion that CHANGED for its followers, but kept with its main point of peace and love. This meant it absorbed other religions that people felt were not satisfying them, growing Christianity in its knowledge and power. Sadly, humanity has a tendency to become corrupted with power. Although much of the corruption is gone, some still continues in the way that Christians conduct themselves. Those "lost" and "pagan" religions were just not satisfying their followers. That is why they were lost. Then Christianity got corrupted and started killing folks. But today its returned to its route of simply preaching. If any other reason, maybe the other religions were just God seeing his creations ability to be taught or given things. In the end, Christianity won, then Muslims came along with a better message, but seeing today, you can see what corruption did.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
God has always been around.
Imagine the laws of gravity, math, science and etc.
They have always been around it was not an invention of
man.
Just like those have been around that is how God has been around.
Before "The Big Bang" Theory there was always gravity
and science.
And that is how God is.

Do you understand the flaws in logic your assumption would encounter?

If God had always been around then his mind would have already experienced every possible thing.

So would we.

So why am I sat here doing something I've already done an infinite amount of times?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
i'm amazed when people still say christianity is all about peace and love.jesus may have preached that,but the bible is full of cruelty and violence.performed by god or done with his blessing!!

"Those "lost" and "pagan" religions were just not satisfying their followers. That is why they were lost."

in some cases,obviously.but you can't deny the fact that christianity has never been tolerant of other religions,and it has a long history of violence towards those who refuse to follow th faith.and you can't say its a human failing or the corruption of humans,when the bible has so many examples of violence against those who are non-believers!

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

"And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense." (Numbers 16:32-35)

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25)

"And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him." (I Samuel 16:23)

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
in some cases,obviously.but you can't deny the fact that Christianity has never been tolerant of other religions,and it has a long history of violence towards those who refuse to follow them faith.and you can't say its a human failing or the corruption of humans,when the bible has so many examples of violence against those who are non-believers!

In the beginning of it, Christians were considered Jews, went to Jewish temples, and followed Jewish rules until it was said to be not needed to follow Jesus. Then it simply absorbed other religions when foreign members joined. It didn't kill anyone until post Pope Leo the great.

"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel. And the LORD said unto Moses, 'Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the LORD against the sun, that the fierce anger of the LORD may be turned away from Israel.'" (Numbers 25:3-4)

Just telling folks "GTFO of my home land. Jews had it first, then ran out of there during a drought, then came back. Survival of the fittest as it goes. Conquered people are simply that, conquered people. If God wanted the Jews out, he would have let them get killed off by Hitler or someone else.

"And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also. And there came out a fire from the LORD, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense." (Numbers 16:32-35)

If thats the opening of the red sea, well what is wrong with it, God stopped the Egyptians from killing off the Jews.

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." (Exodus 12:29-30)

If you mess with God, your going to get smacked. If the Pharaoh didn't learn to let free the slaves, then he deserved it. Are you defending slave labor?

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

Likely written by a rabbi getting angry at the world's problems.

"Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go." (Judges 19:24-25)

Again, probably written by a shovenist rabbi, as you never hear of this in the New Testament.

"And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him." (I Samuel 16:23)

I'm not sure what is the point of this. no violence as I can see. The evil spirit was from God because everything is, even the devil. He probably did something bad.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

Yep, all to teach us some lessons. if we respond to go away from the evil and respond to go to good, not only does this prove evolution, but it proves God wanted us good by learning that bad things = death.

Christianity is confussing. You have to read between the lines of the bible and learn which was written by a holly man or a corrupt person. Anything having to do with hatred in the New testement?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn
So God created everything, including man, but if this is so, then who created God? Basically, there has to be a creator of the creator, right?

What are you even talking about when you say "God?" Can you define your terms a little better? Personally, I don't know of anyone who can define the concept of God well enough for it to be at all useful in a rational discussion.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

What are you even talking about when you say "God?" Can you define your terms a little better? Personally, I don't know of anyone who can define the concept of God well enough for it to be at all useful in a rational discussion.

Allow me to help. Imagine all the multiple universes all originating from one original (think of the origin of species) Then, above that universe, an all powerful, higher-then-quantum brain that knows all and is all. Now, every split second, every time point of existence, is always breaking up into new branches of possibility. All these are hooked up to a main "artery" of sorts that go to the brain. In the quantum state of existence, time does not exist and things can be anywhere at the same time. At this higher then quantum state, God is above all and can do anything anywhere. The proof in this is that if you go back in time, the universe knows to split into its original and effected universe. The realm of possibilities are endless and ever going. It's hard to imagine, so here is a picture I made. Enjoy.

And yes, this goes perfectly in line with Christian theology.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
typical response when faced with the violence of the bible,hide behind the new testament.(will get quotes for you shortly.)

quote from exodus12:29-30.are you saying its ok for god to kill innocent children? the jews are not the only ppl in history to be slaves.and don't forget,when they got to their "promised land" they went to war with the ppl already living there.they killed them,enslaved them and chased them from the land!

quote from revelations.this book is a testimony of jesus christ,not some rabbi.its one of the most violent books in the bible!

"Again, probably written by a shovenist rabbi, as you never hear of this in the New Testament. " have you never heard that rape is wrong? why would such evil words,whether from a rabbi or not,be in the bible?

"I'm not sure what is the point of this. no violence as I can see. The evil spirit was from God because everything is, even the devil. He probably did something bad." correct no evidence of violence,but he had done nothing bad,here is the full quote,
09:016:019 Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me
David thy son, which is with the sheep.

09:016:020 And Jesse took an ass laden with bread, and a bottle of wine,
and a kid, and sent them by David his son unto Saul.

09:016:021 And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him
greatly; and he became his armourbearer.

09:016:022 And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand
before me; for he hath found favour in my sight.

09:016:023 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon
Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so
Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed
from him.

i quoted it because too many ppl believe that evil is not a creation of god!

if the bible is a holy book,no corruption should appear in it whatsoever!! and god may be less violent in the new testament,but thats no excuse for his behaviour in the old testament!! you cannot turn a blind eye to it!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
to Gormon91....i realised the other day,we've moved off topic havn't we? only slightly though
well,at least you've been decent enough to reply to my rants!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
God can do as he pleases and it is always good! The devil is our adversary. He acts like a prosecuter in heaven whilst Jesus is our criminal defence. Satan pursuades God to pass judgement on us, when we don't even care enough to look God's way or appeal to Jesus. Who really worries where God came from? I'm just glad he cares about us.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralT.
God can do as he pleases and it is always good!

um... god ordered several genocides. i think this argument falls flat on its face

The devil is our adversary.

really? we wouldn't have knowledge without the devil...

He acts like a prosecuter in heaven whilst Jesus is our criminal defence.

this metaphor makes little sense

Satan pursuades God to pass judgement on us, when we don't even care enough to look God's way or appeal to Jesus. Who really worries where God came from? I'm just glad he cares about us.

if god really cared about us... why make satan?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This one time... I crapped my pants and God came out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join